(2014/01) January 2014

no idea if bb is chubby or what.. think doc uses either bb head or stomach circumference to check bb weight. and i seen on the screen that it correspond correctly to the week 32 weight though.
your doc ask to control diet was it becoz you put on too much weight but bb not much? coz for me in the 3 weeks, i put on like 1.5 kg. so its like half gone to bb weight. just nice.. hehe

Haha my weight gain is actually fine, only put on 5 kg as of now at 33 weeks. My doc asked me to control as I have GD...

Haha my weight gain is actually fine, only put on 5 kg as of now at 33 weeks. My doc asked me to control as I have GD...
woah.. only 5 kg! i'd put on 11kg now already.. sob.

ofcoz walk slowly.. hee.. nowadays also cannot walk fast.. walk fast i feel like a penguin..!!! everyday my butt check and back feel very achy.. maybe also becoz my bed is soft kind.. :( i swim in the evening after work.. weather also quite ok..

my #1 was just 6days earlier than EDD.. i wanted to try natural w/o epi.. but damn pain and very drowsy coz i inhaled too much laughing gas.. and by the time i wan epi, my gynae say muz go for csec coz baby heartbeat not stable and in the end she's in breech position..
so this one will be csec as well? or doing vbac?

Yah cannot walk fast anymore..feels like a duck wobbling away. My feet started to swell already. By end of the day, feet will look fat.
My hospital admission all done 1 month ago..my doc also prepared all the documents for me...ask me carry it 24/7 with me. In case anything happen, just go hospital and pass them the docs.
Now just need to wash the baby clothes a couple of times more and sterilise the bottles.....

Time flies...I still remember when we were all 3months pregnant!!
ya.. my feets were swollen too. if wear those 2 straps japanese slipper go out. come back will see the two line mark on feet. hahaa.

just started washing the clothings, nappies and bedding stuff today only. all the small small mitten and socks.. so difficult to hang. already bought those with many clips hanger but still not enough. haha.
wondering.. for baby first set of clothings coming back home, should it be new clothing or those handover?

so this one will be csec as well? or doing vbac?

ya.. my feets were swollen too. if wear those 2 straps japanese slipper go out. come back will see the two line mark on feet. hahaa.

just started washing the clothings, nappies and bedding stuff today only. all the small small mitten and socks.. so difficult to hang. already bought those with many clips hanger but still not enough. haha.
wondering.. for baby first set of clothings coming back home, should it be new clothing or those handover?

my gynae allow me to vbac but also must see if baby co-operate well or not lor~ hee..

u expecting girl or boy?? tat time when i expecting my girl.. my water retention very bad.. whole leg is swollen and red.. onli few days after discharge den ok..

i think for 1st set of cloths to bring baby home shld be new one bah.. subsequently then wear handover..! cant wait for the day to come!!

i had bad water retention for my gal since wk 33. now boy, water retention frm wk 10 till 20plus, then started again few days ago at wk 31.
i put on total 12kg liao :(

bb gg hm clothes will be brand new. jus washed, dried & packed into ziplog bag :)

Wah getting excited for all of us! I'm sure by mid dec will see some mummies starting to pop! While really a long time counting down the days, but thinking back, since we all declared our positives, seems like just recently! My water retention on limbs seemed ok, but hor, my eyes these two morning starting to look really puffy. Also water retention I guess?
Jt, jia you VBAC!!

Hi, would like to share with you on confinement nanny Auntie Susie.
She cooks well with confinement foods and take good care of the baby, most importantly, she is pro breasefeeding.
She is honest, kind, and friendly. She handles baby well.
Her contact number: +6012 6489568.
She has been a nanny in Australia and now staying in KL. All babies that being looked after by her growing very well. She is very responsible lady.
At her mid 50s.

Time sure flies real fast!
Sherlly, my baby at 33 weeks was also about 2.2 kg. Doc also said it was normal. And I now have gained 1kg since my last post! Hahaha. By next check-up probably 10kg already liao. My baby was also in breech position, now has moved down. Doc said actually baby can still go up again, but just see how it goes la. Ytdy I just saw some stretchmarks appearing at my lower abdomen. First I was like super alarmed but now I think don't wish to stress myself with unnecessary things like wt gain and stretchmarks. Must enjoy our pregnancies cos it will be over soon! *sobz*

Thanks for sharing about what and when to pack for the hospital bag. Will do so soon!

I think walking is still a good exercise, doing that seems to help in the pregnancy so far. Since hitting the 34 week mark however, I find myself getting a little bit more lethargic than before. I concked off earlier to sleep! I feel that my stamina is not that great the last couple of days. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way too. And I have swollen feet and cramps too, especially at night!

Hi all,

Been reading through the pages and noticed that there is a Facebook group? Please invite me: [email protected]. My weight gain has been 13kg so far and I have been waddling like a duck for some weeks now. At 32 weeks, my boy is already 2.2 to 2.3kg! Gynae was telling me may need to induce earlier if I still want to natural birth so that the baby does not grow too big. Average weight gain about 500g per 2 weeks. -_-" So another 2 kg if carrying to full term.

That said, I have not packed my hospital bag yet. Is there a list of items to bring? I only remember breast pump, sanitary pads, underwear. :p It's been more than 5 years since I packed for my daughter's birth. Anyone can share?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Been reading through the pages and noticed that there is a Facebook group? Please invite me: [email protected]. My weight gain has been 13kg so far and I have been waddling like a duck for some weeks now. At 32 weeks, my boy is already 2.2 to 2.3kg! Gynae was telling me may need to induce earlier if I still want to natural birth so that the baby does not grow too big. Average weight gain about 500g per 2 weeks. -_-" So another 2 kg if carrying to full term.

That said, I have not packed my hospital bag yet. Is there a list of items to bring? I only remember breast pump, sanitary pads, underwear. :p It's been more than 5 years since I packed for my daughter's birth. Anyone can share?

Hi hi, welcome here. The following is a list of items that the other girls here had kindly shared with me:-

Hospital bag
Doc eg. NRIC, forms from gynae n forms for admission, credit card, marriage cert, receipts for claiming medisave, FBI card (if your hospital is TMC)

2 sets Button down night dresses

Socks

Slipper

Jacket

Nursing bra

Wet tissue

iPad

Charger

Toiletries eg. Shampoo, shower gel, facial cleanser, comb

Dress to wear for discharge

Disposable cotton panties

Pads (45cm) or puréen pad

2sets of mittens n booties
Clothes for bb discharge

Bb towel with hood

my gynae allow me to vbac but also must see if baby co-operate well or not lor~ hee..

u expecting girl or boy?? tat time when i expecting my girl.. my water retention very bad.. whole leg is swollen and red.. onli few days after discharge den ok..

i think for 1st set of cloths to bring baby home shld be new one bah.. subsequently then wear handover..! cant wait for the day to come!!
ok. wishes you luck for doing vbac. you have to start to talk to baby.. hehee.
i'm having a girl.. hm.. so girl having more water retention ya.. think my face also rounder coz of water retention. hahaa.
ok. need to prepare her first set of clothing coming home.. hehe...

Time sure flies real fast!
Sherlly, my baby at 33 weeks was also about 2.2 kg. Doc also said it was normal. And I now have gained 1kg since my last post! Hahaha. By next check-up probably 10kg already liao. My baby was also in breech position, now has moved down. Doc said actually baby can still go up again, but just see how it goes la. Ytdy I just saw some stretchmarks appearing at my lower abdomen. First I was like super alarmed but now I think don't wish to stress myself with unnecessary things like wt gain and stretchmarks. Must enjoy our pregnancies cos it will be over soon! *sobz*

Thanks for sharing about what and when to pack for the hospital bag. Will do so soon!

I think walking is still a good exercise, doing that seems to help in the pregnancy so far. Since hitting the 34 week mark however, I find myself getting a little bit more lethargic than before. I concked off earlier to sleep! I feel that my stamina is not that great the last couple of days. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way too. And I have swollen feet and cramps too, especially at night!
great.. our bb around same weight.. hahaa..
so far i haven seen any stretch mark on tummy, but i got them on butt! sian... yep.. just can't be bothered. anyway. all the resources said that stretch mark will fade to silver-ish color and not obvious ya.

i scared walked too much now will lead to early delivery. had really swollen feet over the weekend. sat was a cousin wedding. been busy the whole day hanging around. and end of day after the dinner at night. my ankle and feet really swollen. so far haven got any cramps or the braxton hicks.

thanks for the list godblessmybb.

anyone know how to use the maternity pad? or just buy normal sanitary pad will do? bought a pack of Kotex maternity pad. there are loops on both ends. but i wonder where to tie it? or just put as like normal pad? but its not adhesive on the back one.

yah lor..normal NIGHT pads can anot? Or must be maternity pads?
Disposible panties, is it a must? Few months ago..i bought 2 packets for S size disposable ones...hahahaha...underestimate myself lah...cannot even pull up to my tighs..need L lor...

Hi girls, learnt from the other mummies on this thread... Using disposable panties is easier cos we will more or less have heavy lochia(menses) n if stain panties our hands cnt touch cold water to wash... Better use disposable so if stain just throw n change new one. As for pads, can use normal night pads those long ones 42cm or 45cm kind. Not nec must use maternity pads. As for the loop pads, I myself dnt knw how to use it, I guess when u r at the hospital the nurses can teach u how to use. Kotex maternity pads got adhesive kind de. :)

Hi everyone,
I am rather 'glad' in some sense to read that some mummies are facing a similar problem as me, weight management. Since my last check two weeks ago, week 28, I have gained 13 kg and my bb is 1.3kg. Doc said that bb could be rather big and I could reach 20kg weight gain if I don't control my diet. Definitely depressing and worried that I might not be able to shed the weight after birth. Doc told me to control my sugar intake and I could only take low sugar fruits like apples, no bananas, grapes, etc. and no fruit juices. :(

On another note, it is very exciting to learn that there are so many mums to be out there who are going through a similar phase as I do and waiting anxiously and rather nervously for the arrival of the little one.

Jia you, everyone!

yah lor..normal NIGHT pads can anot? Or must be maternity pads?
Disposible panties, is it a must? Few months ago..i bought 2 packets for S size disposable ones...hahahaha...underestimate myself lah...cannot even pull up to my tighs..need L lor...

Deary, I bought disposable maternity panties from OG. Free size but v big. Like those granny kind of panties v orbid n ugly but bo Bian. The sales girl says better buy big n high waist in case Kenna c section n if low waist will "bua" our wound

Go for the longest normal pads should be enough. The maternity with loops one I can either get a belt that can hook the loops or in the hospital the nurses will use a string to string them thru but not comfortable haha. I know TMC last time gave a pack of those which I ended up not using except in hospital. Too troublesome.:)

Hi Mommies~~ during confinement use normal night pad is suffice.. and just have to keep yourself clean by washing and changing new pad.. and use disposable undies as 1st 2 weeks will be heavy flow.. or those undies that you dun wanna keep.. i alr stocked up a few packets of disposable undies for the day!!

Wah getting excited for all of us! I'm sure by mid dec will see some mummies starting to pop! While really a long time counting down the days, but thinking back, since we all declared our positives, seems like just recently! My water retention on limbs seemed ok, but hor, my eyes these two morning starting to look really puffy. Also water retention I guess?
Jt, jia you VBAC!!

Yeah.. that's like another 2 3 weeks to go!!

my VBAC chance is not very positive.. gynae commented my baby is FAT.. haha.. will see how it goes when nearing EDD!

Hi godblessmybb,

Thanks for the detailed list.

RE: sanitary pads

The last time I bought and used maternity pads (string type) but end up so uncomfortable, I switched to the normal night extra long type.

RE: panties

I believe disposable ones are the way to go. Use and throw. Lazy to wash. :p Spend more quality time with my daughter and new baby plus being a cow and resting.

Deary, I bought disposable maternity panties from OG. Free size but v big. Like those granny kind of panties v orbid n ugly but bo Bian. The sales girl says better buy big n high waist in case Kenna c section n if low waist will "bua" our wound
oh.. that's a good point.
haven buy the disposable panties yet.. gotta go get some soon.
Go for the longest normal pads should be enough. The maternity with loops one I can either get a belt that can hook the loops or in the hospital the nurses will use a string to string them thru but not comfortable haha. I know TMC last time gave a pack of those which I ended up not using except in hospital. Too troublesome.:)
hmm.. so they will help to string it for us? the only thing look really comfy on the maternity pad is full thick cotton. like really good absorbent and comfortable hahaa.. din know there is adhesive type one though.
wonder does pad stick on well on disposable panties

The weight gain of the mummies please don't worry too much as different people different as long as the doctor finds it alright . What matters is our baby 's growth :) Hang on just few weeks more

Hi all, it is time to start packing the bag to bring to delivery. Here is a list.

Documents
A folder to put all your documents
Original marriage certificate
Papa & Mama's I/C

For Mama
Nursing bra
Breast pads
Underwear (A pack of disposable underwear will be provided by the hospital.)
Socks
Slippers
Headbands
Facial foam
Shampoo, body wash & comb (Will be provided by the hospital.)
Going home outfit

For Papa
Facial foam

For Baby
Going home outfit (The hospital provide a top for your baby to wear home.)

Others
Camera
Handphone Charger
iPad or any other entertainment items

It is documented here. http://minimeloveit.blogspot.sg/2013/11/HospitalDeliveryBagChecklist.html

Hi Mummies, i went for a scan last saturday and found out that my little one is playing with her umbilical cord and now its around her neck. Any mummies experiencing this too? I hope she will unturn herself soon plus she is still in breech position.

Hi Mummies, i went for a scan last saturday and found out that my little one is playing with her umbilical cord and now its around her neck. Any mummies experiencing this too? I hope she will unturn herself soon plus she is still in breech position.
my last check up.. doc did mention now is the time baby will start to play with their cord.. need to becareful and monitor baby movements.
going for check up this weekend only.. hopefully my girl is not playing.

your breech position is transverse or head up? try to do more kegel exercise and the pelvic tilt. there is also this kneeling with head down position which says will help.
mine was earlier on oblique/transverse. been very hardworking doing the exercise and i think it helps. baby is now head down. but that said.. i also not sure whether she will stay like that till labor.

dont worry.. still have time ya. rem to drink enough water to keep the amniotic water level. :)

Hihi, been sometime since I came in... How's everyone? Is there a FB account? Don't mind adding me in as well... Thanks!
Since mine is CSect, have fixed it on 14th Jan 2014, easier to remember the birthdate =P looks like everyone's getting ready for the BIG day =')

Hi,

I'm 34 wks now, but my gynae said the baby is abit small at 2kg. Need some ideas on how to help baby gain weight. I heard eating durian help but I have gestational diabetics and I hate durians. Any other suggestions.?

I am delivering on 3 Jan via C-section, they asked me to select a PD in Thomson. Any good recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

went see doc last sat. 35.5wk baby at 2.5kg. hehee.. for the last 3 weeks i only put on 800g, and 400g goes to baby. hehee

grace, have you been eating enough? i had been eating less these days... think due to smaller stomach space. and only eat 3 meals.. so not putting on much weight. doc also ask what happen.. hahaa.
think you need to take in more protein. else.. might want to try those mummy milk? not sure it works though.

just started packing my hospital bag... and gotten admission letter last sat. hehee.. doc also gave medicine to be taken post natal lo.
does your gynae give you those meds as well?

nice gain sherlly! what post natal meds to take ah?
i think i'm starting to loose weight now though.. a bit worried. looking forward to a jan baby!

got all the painkillers, vit c, stool softener and procanol. antiseptic lotion for wound.
hmm.. not keen to get an episiotomy.. but seems like doc already pre prepared lo.. hahaa

i went for my check up on Monday.. @ 35weeks.. my baby boy is 2.72kg.. i was shocked coz he put on 500g within 2 weeks.. as usual.. gynae advise csec.. -___-"

not sure what's the right weight.. there are mommies who delivered babies weighing 3.4kg.. bt my gynae's main concern is my prev csec wound.. and also most impt baby muz be engaged! as of now his head not down yet.. abt 4weeks to go!!! jia you!!

i think i'm starting to loose weight now though.. a bit worried. looking forward to a jan baby!

got all the painkillers, vit c, stool softener and procanol. antiseptic lotion for wound.
hmm.. not keen to get an episiotomy.. but seems like doc already pre prepared lo.. hahaa

im going for the episiotomy ....I read online..if it doesn't naturally tear properly, there will be scar and difficult to heal??

I might induce earlier delivery (that would be end dec)....so excited and scared at the same time!

Hi mummies, can you add me to the Facebook group please? Am due 30 Jan. My email address for Facebook is jesico at hotmail dot com. Thanks :)

hmm.. id started to do a little perinea massage. not looking forward to tear or episotomy. need to speak to doc and let him know.. if condition permit, dont cut lo.

peanut, how come going to induce earlier?

btw ladies.. for baby 1st set clothing home.. what kind of clothing should we bring? a tie or button front top plus pant? or a one whole piece body suit with sleeve n long pant?
short sleeve or long sleeve? hehe.. i'm not sure what to bring for my baby. for new born, i only got those cheap top from bugis simalu one. wondering should i go buy a pretty new born set of clothing for coming home wear. on 2nd thot, baby will be all wrap up so doesnt matter what she inside ya? hehee

have you all booked ur post natal massage already?

oh ya.. one more question on packing. how many sanitary pads are we suppose to bring?
asked my mum she said using the loop maternity pad, no need wear panties, just get a belt and tie the pad over.

and for after that going back home... will we be using alot of pads each day still? coz if in that case, need to go stock up first. else later gotta get hubby to buy will be paiseh for him. hahaa

hi i am new here coz i was using the babycentre forum all along and everyone there was like from UK... finally found this... and realised its like the whole thread is so long...!

@sherlly, 1st set of clothing - i got a romper kind with booties and mittens, with the baby wrap/swaddle... and yea u'll need plenty of pads...get the maternity pads which are longer than the usual night pads.. for post natal massage - i have a few contacts for the malay aunties who do it.. do u want them? or u looking for chinese aunties?

my last check up.. doc did mention now is the time baby will start to play with their cord.. need to becareful and monitor baby movements.
going for check up this weekend only.. hopefully my girl is not playing.

your breech position is transverse or head up? try to do more kegel exercise and the pelvic tilt. there is also this kneeling with head down position which says will help.
mine was earlier on oblique/transverse. been very hardworking doing the exercise and i think it helps. baby is now head down. but that said.. i also not sure whether she will stay like that till labor.

dont worry.. still have time ya. rem to drink enough water to keep the amniotic water level. :)

mine is breech too... head up in my last detailed scan 3 weeks ago.. doc said since i was 32 weeks then, lets give it more time and see after 3 weeks... if still breech, need to consider c-section.. *fingers crossed* feeling scared.. seeing my gynae this friday - hopefully baby turned... i tried googling the exercises u have said.. i did try some of them once in a while.. but some articles wrote its better to leave it natural or you may never know the baby might wrap itself around the cord while trying some exercises so i got paranoid and stopped trying those exercises... but i do the pelvic tilt - that doesnt look tt dangerous afterall...

btw ladies.. for baby 1st set clothing home.. what kind of clothing should we bring? a tie or button front top plus pant? or a one whole piece body suit with sleeve n long pant?
short sleeve or long sleeve? hehe.. i'm not sure what to bring for my baby. for new born, i only got those cheap top from bugis simalu one. wondering should i go buy a pretty new born set of clothing for coming home wear. on 2nd thot, baby will be all wrap up so doesnt matter what she inside ya? hehee

have you all booked ur post natal massage already?

when i had my girl, her discharge i prepared short sleeve romper. anyway they will be wrapped up upon discharge..

yet to book massage as im not sure natural or csec + i've bought my own cloths to wrap and the malay herbs to apply on my tummy before wrapping..

oh ya.. one more question on packing. how many sanitary pads are we suppose to bring?
asked my mum she said using the loop maternity pad, no need wear panties, just get a belt and tie the pad over.

and for after that going back home... will we be using alot of pads each day still? coz if in that case, need to go stock up first. else later gotta get hubby to buy will be paiseh for him. hahaa

i packed 1 packet of night pad into the bag jus in case the loop provided is insufficient. but shld be sufficent one. after going home, it depends on your flow.. i change as and when i feel uncomfortable to avoid rash.. i prepared 3 packs of night pad (20/pack i think) and 1 normal flow pad.. :)

hi i am new here coz i was using the babycentre forum all along and everyone there was like from UK... finally found this... and realised its like the whole thread is so long...!

@sherlly, 1st set of clothing - i got a romper kind with booties and mittens, with the baby wrap/swaddle... and yea u'll need plenty of pads...get the maternity pads which are longer than the usual night pads.. for post natal massage - i have a few contacts for the malay aunties who do it.. do u want them? or u looking for chinese aunties?

Hi Celes21, Can you please share the post natal massage contacts. Also how many days massage is advisable.

This few days I have been waken up by cramps and its killing me. The pain didn't go off even until now. I can hardly walk. Anyone knows what can I do to stop the pain or prevent the cramps? Worst thing is that nobody even giving up seats when I'm on train.

Back