(2014/01) January 2014

Good luck!

I quite like to bake and cook too but hate washing cleaning up...so i only cook once a week...wkdays always eat at my mil's place.
Wah you lucky don't need to hunt for food at night! I like to bake too! But baking skills not reliable haha sometimes really cannot make it especially when making those soft Japanese kind of cheesecake. Make so many times but never once same result! Haha
Today inspired by gbob, I cooked chicken stew with what I have in my fridge haha dump whatever veg I have in a pot!

Wah you lucky don't need to hunt for food at night! I like to bake too! But baking skills not reliable haha sometimes really cannot make it especially when making those soft Japanese kind of cheesecake. Make so many times but never once same result! Haha
Today inspired by gbob, I cooked chicken stew with what I have in my fridge haha dump whatever veg I have in a pot!

Good dinner ya! Nutritious cos got veg :)

Hi, I have a group of confinement nannies from Malaysia looking for work in Singapore. Each have at least 6 to 8yrs of doing confinement (avg 10 assignments a year). They are professionally trained, qualified and certified nannies, have attended annual check up and have Hep A and B vaccinations done. **I have Cantonese, Teochew, Hokkien, Malay, Chinese, English speaking aunties. If you have any preference just let me know.** Satisfaction guaranteed!! 2 Free Replacement available.

• *A confinement nanny will help out for 28 days since the first day you are discharged
  • *She will prepare confinement meals (3 meals a day) to ensure Mums get the nutrients they need for speedy recovery
  • *She will prepare Red Dates Longan Tea everyday as it is one of the essential items during your confinement period
  • *Doing all the laundry stuff
  • *Feeding baby (For mummies who choose to breastfeed, you can get some tips from confinement nannies)
  • *Showering and taking care of the baby
  • *Babies will be sleeping with nannies so as to allow Mums to have enough rest at night.
  • *Handling of household chores (on request)
  • *Helping out on laundry works for other family members (on request)
  • *Cooking for the whole family (on request)
  • A confinement nanny will help out for 28 days since the first day you are discharged
  • *She will prepare confinement meals (3 meals a day) to ensure Mums get the nutrients they need for speedy recovery
  • *She will prepare Red Dates Longan Tea everyday as it is one of the essential items during your confinement period
  • *Doing all the laundry stuff
  • *Feeding baby (For mummies who choose to breastfeed, you can get some tips from confinement nannies)
  • *Showering and taking care of the baby
  • *Babies will be sleeping with nannies so as to allow Mums to have enough rest at night.
  • *Handling of household chores (on request)
  • *Helping out on laundry works for other family members (on request)
  • *Cooking for the whole family (on request)

Feel free to call me for any discussion, thanks! :)

Hi mummies, anyone of you bought from Carter's for ur baby before? As a first time mummy, I'm not sure if I need to buy clothes for newborns or 3 months old. I realise I don't even know what I need as a starter bundle when the baby comes. Hahaha I'm so clueless lor. Didn't occur to me until I realise tt baby is coming soon and I have nothing prepared n not even sure what's needed! Any kind souls that can help me out there? Thanks in advance!

Oh.. i tot u are one of them who engage to go thru CNY season also.. hee.. i heard some double the usual price.. i think the ang bao is up to u.. since u are already paying them the full rate.. maybe $58 shld be fine bah..

no my EDD 8 Jan so if early will not cross over cny...if late, will ask maid to help out the remaining days. Besides my CL wanted to celebrate cny.

ya lucky my mil cook daily and i dunhv to worry about meal at night...besides i hate eating out!

Hi mummies, anyone of you bought from Carter's for ur baby before? As a first time mummy, I'm not sure if I need to buy clothes for newborns or 3 months old. I realise I don't even know what I need as a starter bundle when the baby comes. Hahaha I'm so clueless lor. Didn't occur to me until I realise tt baby is coming soon and I have nothing prepared n not even sure what's needed! Any kind souls that can help me out there? Thanks in advance!
Hi deedeez, I'm also first time mum., have not bought from Carter's but my friend says the material is very gd, n I went online to look at the designs.. They have beautiful dresses n rompers for girls (mines a girl). But for me, actually I went to mothercare, cos after going a few shops I find the mothercare cotton quite nice and soft. I got a starter pack from there for abt $40 which includes sleep suits (long sleeves n legs), rompers, bibs, cap, socks. But I think this starter pack is OOS as I got one of the last few. They have other starter packs there as well. You can take a look as they were having sale last wk. I think mothercare was gd for a noob like me, n I live very near the west coast plaza outlet. They also have lists of what u need to prepare for baby- you can get them as a reference. Another place I hear u can get gd n cheap clothing is a shop near this temple in Si ma Lu, but I've not been there before. Most of my friends say don't bother buying too many newborn clothing as they grow out of it very fast. I bought most of the dresses 3-6 months as I don't foresee bringing baby out a lot during confinement. For rompers n sleep suits I have abt 3-5 for 0-3 months age, the rest is 3-6 months. I think some pple may give newborn sets that u can use as well.
If u want to buy from Carter's, you may want to wait for Black Friday sales (I think oct or nov), as got steep discounts then. Look out for sprees on the SMH forum to save on shipping. Or if you want to ship yourself, don't use vpost!! I kena conned by them before..

Deedeez, I just bought quite a few from carters!! I love their clothes , nice material and last quite nicely even when I put in dryer very frequently! Oshkosh, their sister company I think may sometimes have not so good quality I find but I still buy during sales coz they are cheap and nice! Don't buy too many newborn clothes they outgrow them very fast. Mothercare has nice designs too like joy mentioned, but I find if without sales they are quite pricey! Any way I think for carters, the clothes are changing season so get those summer clothes if not may be too hot for our babies!

jt_junior, independent CL's rates typically go from about 2+k for never hit CNY, to 3.5 or more for hitting the CNY period i think. are you thinking of hiring one? alternatively there are agencies like PEM. think their rates may be more standardised, and if hit CNY should be about 3.5k. you could consider contacting them for quotes as well.

Oh no la.. just curious abt the actual rate.. my mom is doing confinement for me.. easier.. my mom also wanna skive.. she dun wanna go ard during CNY.. so she ask me dun go n choose date for elective Csec.. if confinement during CNY den be it.. so she dun need to go out.. haha

no my EDD 8 Jan so if early will not cross over cny...if late, will ask maid to help out the remaining days. Besides my CL wanted to celebrate cny.

ya lucky my mil cook daily and i dunhv to worry about meal at night...besides i hate eating out!

Oh ya lor.. got maid still can help... my mom doing for me..

Hi mummies,

If u r looking for a confinement lady, wld like to recommend my aunty from KL who has experience. You can contact her at 60122928683. Her name is Lee Eng.

If u want to buy from Carter's, you may want to wait for Black Friday sales (I think oct or nov), as got steep discounts then. Look out for sprees on the SMH forum to save on shipping. Or if you want to ship yourself, don't use vpost!! I kena conned by them before..

Does Carter's ship directly to Singapore?

Are all working mommies here? how you gonna take care of baby after 4 month? My mom suggest to put baby at her house during weekdays, but i will be sad cant see him everyday :(

morning all!

*yawn.. such a nice cooling weather :)

hi princess_sus, most of us are working mother.. I will be getting a helper lo.. no infant care as its long waiting list and not worth for 2 bbies too :)

morning gals!

princess_sus, i am exploring a couple of options now. either find a nanny near my own place, or put at parent's place during the day, but fetch baby back every night. i don't think i can stand being away from baby until weekend. plus i think my parents not too young liao, at least let them have their evenings (and a good night's sleep) to themselves. Hubs is not in favour of hiring a helper unless i really find it super essential, so i'm trying to avoid that if i can.

My #1 will be primary school next year, #2 will sent to childcare in March / April once she hit 18 months old. #3 should be at mil place in the day time with maid until he hit 18 months before proceeding to childcare.

For #2, as she is a dragon baby, we made a mistake .. never waitlist in advance when I was pregnant, could not get any infant care when I need to return to work and helper fly me aeroplane. Luckily managed to find another helper before I return to work. But still have problems here and there.

Personally I feel there is no 100% good in any choices as compare to us taking care of them ourselves. So everything have to give and take.

I'm thinking to put bb at mom place during day time as well, but her house quite far from me. she has another suggestion where she will bring BB to my house everyday on weekdays around 4 plus and bring back with her at night time. but i find it will be tired for my mom and BB for traveling up n down everyday. is it expensive to hire a helper nowadays?

I'm thinking to put bb at mom place during day time as well, but her house quite far from me. she has another suggestion where she will bring BB to my house everyday on weekdays around 4 plus and bring back with her at night time. but i find it will be tired for my mom and BB for traveling up n down everyday. is it expensive to hire a helper nowadays?
helper i think if filipino one, now minimum $500 per mth, every sunday off. still need to take into account monthly maid levy ($100+?). and all her daily necessities etc. not too sure about other nationalities helper though

Or else you may suggest your mom to stay over with you on weekdays and engaged a helper to do the housework and helping out with the baby here and there. When older.. its actually quite heavy to carry the baby and bath ( Not sure how old is your mom). Like that your baby / your mom do not need to travel here and there everyday. It will be good to train baby to sleep early from young. I often put my gal to sleep by 8pm.

For charges of helper, it really depends on which nationality you looking at. I think Philippines and Indonesia side are more expensive compare to Myanmar. My current Indo maid is $500 with one off day, levy $120. Other things like toiletries and food is depends on individuals, no specific amount. For me, I even buy clothes for her

Are all working mommies here? how you gonna take care of baby after 4 month? My mom suggest to put baby at her house during weekdays, but i will be sad cant see him everyday :(

Yes me...we going to hire maid to take care and install Webcam online to monitor. If can, will ask my mum providing her health ok to stay with me for a few mths. Ya i will be sad too if i can't see my bb daily.

Btw any mummies know or can recommend any TCM for back sprain...i think i suffer mild sprain at my back..pretty uncomfortable. Not sure if pregnant lady can go for tui na...

Yes me...we going to hire maid to take care and install Webcam online to monitor. If can, will ask my mum providing her health ok to stay with me for a few mths. Ya i will be sad too if i can't see my bb daily.

Btw any mummies know or can recommend any TCM for back sprain...i think i suffer mild sprain at my back..pretty uncomfortable. Not sure if pregnant lady can go for tui na...

wat kind of back sprain? did u hurt urself? or was it due to ur sitting position?

http://www.babies.sutterhealth.org/during/preg_discomforts.html

I suffer coccyx during my 1st pregnany, it's due to e sitting position I have. so I have to move myself often on the chair. or even walk ard. even now I dun suffer coccyx, still I have to adjust myself whenever I sit down too long on the chair.

http://tailbonepaincauses.com/tailbone-pain-pregnancy/

pyng, actually quite troublesome to monitor online.. I do it but sometimes internet signal also not so good and you really need quite a number of pieces around the house. Now everyday I ferry my gal to and fro to mil place. Really heart pain as sometimes I feel short changing her as she do not really sleep well at mil place and also at times mil also leave my gal alone at home with maid when she go and run errands. sigh..

My back also hurts a lot.. maybe due to carrying my gal. Maybe you can try to call those malay massage lady. I think by certain months we can do pre-natal massage.

pyng, actually quite troublesome to monitor online.. I do it but sometimes internet signal also not so good and you really need quite a number of pieces around the house. Now everyday I ferry my gal to and fro to mil place. Really heart pain as sometimes I feel short changing her as she do not really sleep well at mil place and also at times mil also leave my gal alone at home with maid when she go and run errands. sigh..

My back also hurts a lot.. maybe due to carrying my gal. Maybe you can try to call those malay massage lady. I think by certain months we can do pre-natal massage.
shir, ur online monitor can be watch via iphone only isit?

Mei2, can be over phone / pc / also record in sim card. But at work, how to monitor continuously? And once you reach home, I dun think you will want to sit down for hrs to view the sim card. So btw us and helper, we need to build up the trust that they will help us to take care of our babies when we are not around. We will take over the care of our kids when we reach home so helper will have her own time and rest.

wat kind of back sprain? did u hurt urself? or was it due to ur sitting position?

http://www.babies.sutterhealth.org/during/preg_discomforts.html

I suffer coccyx during my 1st pregnany, it's due to e sitting position I have. so I have to move myself often on the chair. or even walk ard. even now I dun suffer coccyx, still I have to adjust myself whenever I sit down too long on the chair.

http://tailbonepaincauses.com/tailbone-pain-pregnancy/

yes i should be due to incorrect position plus those carrying my gal and stuffs. I did not sprain myself but the uncomfort is like sprain type but not pain. Very uncomfortable at my right back....feel like going tcm. Will massage help and how many time we have to do massage to see results...my postnatal massue charge me quite expensive so if one time massage ok i will call her but if need to do many times...i think i better go tcm.

Ya true too as i dunthink i can monitor always if busy at work...we trying out at home so far signal ok but not sure if at work will there be any problem in signal. Did u try massage and really help and cure?

Yes via iphone and PC also can.

Mei2, can be over phone / pc / also record in sim card. But at work, how to monitor continuously? And once you reach home, I dun think you will want to sit down for hrs to view the sim card. So btw us and helper, we need to build up the trust that they will help us to take care of our babies when we are not around. We will take over the care of our kids when we reach home so helper will have her own time and rest.
yup I was considering.. so will put on hold 1st as mil can walk over to my unit and check :) thanks!

yes i should be due to incorrect position plus those carrying my gal and stuffs. I did not sprain myself but the uncomfort is like sprain type but not pain. Very uncomfortable at my right back....feel like going tcm. Will massage help and how many time we have to do massage to see results...my postnatal massue charge me quite expensive so if one time massage ok i will call her but if need to do many times...i think i better go tcm.

Ya true too as i dunthink i can monitor always if busy at work...we trying out at home so far signal ok but not sure if at work will there be any problem in signal. Did u try massage and really help and cure?

Yes via iphone and PC also can.

coz me not using iphone.. PC will have to use office one only know :p thanks!

Well part of it i want to install to sort of scare the maid...so that she will be more alert in taking care bb. On top of that, we will communicate with her in advance that that those webcams are meant to monitor how my bb doing so that we have a peace of mind at work not to catch her. I think she will understand our anixety too. If we found her good and trustable, we will remove it.

yup I was considering.. so will put on hold 1st as mil can walk over to my unit and check :) thanks!

Mei2.. so how many helper you will be getting? 2 ? as you are having twins. It will not be easy for one person to handle two babies at the same time

Morning mommies.. i shld be putting my baby with my parents in the morning. will bring him over to thomson and go to work at TPY.. den after work i can go over to have dinner and my AMORE fitness class then bring baby back.. guess that's the onli choice i can go with as my #1 is schooling at Haig Rd MFS.. n my hubby doesnt like to stay at my mom's place.. so no choice.. cant afford any maid/nanny..

I think hiring a maid really takes a lot of trust! Too bad for me I think I will not be able to do that, think will send to cc once a little older, best if same place as my gal so one shot send and pick up!

i know for My First Skool they dun take in infant from certain mths old onwards.. coz like cutting q to go into toddler class.. sadly my girl's school dun haf infant care for the time being..

Mei2.. so how many helper you will be getting? 2 ? as you are having twins. It will not be easy for one person to handle two babies at the same time
1 only la.. mil will be helping out too.. will see how's the 1st 4mths while i'm at home :)

I think hiring a maid really takes a lot of trust! Too bad for me I think I will not be able to do that, think will send to cc once a little older, best if same place as my gal so one shot send and pick up!

ylyn, I also same thinking but really cannot get any infant care for my gal. NYP LV do not take infant if parents not staff :(

1 only la.. mil will be helping out too.. will see how's the 1st 4mths while i'm at home :)

Ic. My sil had twin gals two yrs back. I see them also cham.. She / hb / maid / my mil and still her mil off and on helping. Think she took leave and return work quite late ..her hb also took 3 months of leave to help out.

Ic. My sil had twin gals two yrs back. I see them also cham.. She / hb / maid / my mil and still her mil off and on helping. Think she took leave and return work quite late ..her hb also took 3 months of leave to help out.
bo bian lo.. worst case will resign lo :) told the agency that the helper that i wan must be experienced in looking after bbies/twins, housework we can managed our own
infant care bo bian leh.. if 1 sick, the other sure cant go school.. so might ended up i kanna pok from company?

bo bian lo.. worst case will resign lo :) told the agency that the helper that i wan must be experienced in looking after bbies/twins, housework we can managed our own
infant care bo bian leh.. if 1 sick, the other sure cant go school.. so might ended up i kanna pok from company?

Think its better that you confirm with your mil that she will come in everyday to help out. Or else you may consider if you want to get a day time nanny to come in and help out. It might be too stressful on one maid alone. We take care of our own children we will also feel tired and stresss liao.. do not mention maid

My helper is Burmese, previously paying $430 but up to $450 per month when we renew her contract next mth... All new contracts from Jan 2013 onwards maids are allowed one day off a week. If you or she chooses not to take the off day, must pay back that day's salary. That's what I read from some letter MOM sent me..

Think its better that you confirm with your mil that she will come in everyday to help out. Or else you may consider if you want to get a day time nanny to come in and help out. It might be too stressful on one maid alone. We take care of our own children we will also feel tired and stresss liao.. do not mention maid
yup its confirm coz we are moving opposite her unit which is just 3 steps away :) ya i know the stress level.. i'm glad that next yr #1 will be in P1 so age gap wouldn't be as bad

My helper is Burmese, previously paying $430 but up to $450 per month when we renew her contract next mth... All new contracts from Jan 2013 onwards maids are allowed one day off a week. If you or she chooses not to take the off day, must pay back that day's salary. That's what I read from some letter MOM sent me..
joypeace, yup u're correct - pay back of off day for 4 days a mth is $70 on top of her basic salary

Morning mommies.. i shld be putting my baby with my parents in the morning. will bring him over to thomson and go to work at TPY.. den after work i can go over to have dinner and my AMORE fitness class then bring baby back.. guess that's the onli choice i can go with as my #1 is schooling at Haig Rd MFS.. n my hubby doesnt like to stay at my mom's place.. so no choice.. cant afford any maid/nanny..

u still have time to go exercise and may i know how ur timing like coz if after ur exercise, would not be too late to bring bb back? I wan to exercise after work but really hard to squeeze time.

Back