(2014/01) January 2014

Happy Monday Mommies!! It's a short working week! counting down to the holidays!

My bump also not showing leh... was thinking if bb is doing well inside... see my gynae next week. Hope everything will b ok. Baby movements will start in week 16 yeah?

Don't worry about movements of bb. When i had my #1, think about week 20 then i felt it.

Ppeanut, I saw the graco playpen cot too.. Wanted to get one but decided to go online n see if got second hand... Managed to get a second hand from gumtree.com.sg for $100 with two free mattresses. And it was in quite new condition! :). It's more sturdy than the other brands I saw at taka fair. :)

Which graco playpen u got? I will be buying 2 beds, one for my house and one for my mother's house. Is there a difference between wooden bed and plastic beds? My husband wants to buy graco bed because its lighter and easier to move around.

oh, u must inform your gyne if spotting/bleeding!! try to ask for HL instead of mc... nothing is more impt than bb now, moreover u said u had tried for so long to have this miracle bb...

He did give me few HL before.....will be seeing him in mid aug.....ask for his opinion then...thanks

hi starcy, genetic scan is a more detailed scan compare to Oscar (NT Scan) and similar to the detail scan we all will go thru on our 20 weeks onwards :)
its another opinion to go for those who got bad result of Oscar (like me) yet got time to spare before proceeding to amnio

Oic.....I think the nurse did mention will arranged a detailed scan for me during wk 18-20.... Maybe it's this one..... Guess should be able to tell a lot from this detailed scan.....

Do u know whats a harmony test? Thanks

Understand. We also very tight. Can't spend on alot of things. N can't afford to place my gal in childcare.

It's not easy to have a single income in SPORE. Unlike oth country. Some don't even need to worry about medical bills. For instance I can't work because of my pregnancy, check up n scan will b free. N insurance even give u some allowance. If I'm in such country I don't mind poping more lol

Yes, I totally agreed with you. Even co also don't subsidise if related to pregnancy issues. I'll take HL, unpaid if required to rest...nothing is more impt than my bob but really can't afford without a job as everything also requires money.

Oic.....I think the nurse did mention will arranged a detailed scan for me during wk 18-20.... Maybe it's this one..... Guess should be able to tell a lot from this detailed scan.....

Do u know whats a harmony test? Thanks
harmony test I not too sure.. but heard its a new test.

yup detail scan is a scan to see all organs & confirming gender :)

hope much are you mummies going to set aside to buy for your new born's stuff?
My hubby said maybe $1K. enough?

Early preg tends to have low lying placenta and will move up as tummy grows bigger. Not all low lying placenta will have spotting.. I don't think yours is considered low. Gynae will highlight if it is low. Mine was low coz was covering the cervix. Now, has moved a little and just by cervix.
Gm
OIC...i thot Gynae saw bb moving LOL...
Ya they will move..Jiayou!

how does harmony test look & involved? 1.8k is expensive and how much is amino test? May i know why u opt for harmony izit coz more safe?

Izit ur #1? I afraid more if u dunhave hand down stuffs and also depend if u have any preference brand for bb? My hubby almost spent $700plus for a stroller and luckily we rejected it after considering for weeks.

Btw i intend to go for 5 or 6 days chiangmai and bangkok...any mummies can recommend me travel agency to book with...i feel like diy but over my budget :(

yes. include stroller. Saw one yesterday... cost around $400.
Anw, it's lunch time. hope everyone has a good lunch.

Today since wake up till now, I kinda kept feeling some stretch pains or sharp pain in abdomen area... Not long lasting pain.. Just once in a while... I wonder what's gg on in there

pyng, I took the harmony test which involved taking two tubes of blood and sending them for test in the US. Think amnio is arnd 1200 according to my gynae and can claim 600 from medisave or something like that. The harmony is supposed to be 99% but non invasive

Just realised quite a few mummies are not working, me too! Quit my job and was planning to look for one but now being preggie will shelve it for now :) I'm for sure growing mould at home with so much sleeping haha. But somehow still don't have the energy to want to do much, plus my stupid MS still not gone.. Sigh!

pyng, I took the harmony test which involved taking two tubes of blood and sending them for test in the US. Think amnio is arnd 1200 according to my gynae and can claim 600 from medisave or something like that. The harmony is supposed to be 99% but non invasive

amnio is abt 800 at KKH (450 medisave claimable) and its good for singleton and not twins or more..

My mgr over lunch ask me why I look not usual. Think I do look bad ..kekeke. Flu and then sama like starting to have throat pain.. plus feverish. Wonder if I can last till Wednesday bo..

Gm
OIC...i thot Gynae saw bb moving LOL...
Ya they will move..Jiayou!

Gynae also saw the bb moving and ask me, you cannot feel ah. I said no.. bb was sucking thumb. So cute. He said got enough water in waterbag.. I'm like.. how to tell? Haha.. that's why he is the gynae bah.

Definitely not enough. Cot already $400, stroller $500. Clothes, diapers, milk pump, breast pads, milk bag, baby monitor, will cost too.

Today since wake up till now, I kinda kept feeling some stretch pains or sharp pain in abdomen area... Not long lasting pain.. Just once in a while... I wonder what's gg on in there

Sometimes happened to me too and i just ignored as it rarely happened & less than 1 or 2mins. If recurring, i will check with gynae.

Harmony seem better than amino just that it expensive.

btw how to tell if have low placenta...izit hv to advise by gynae? I will ask my gynae this qn when i went for my detail scan end of this month.

Just realised quite a few mummies are not working, me too! Quit my job and was planning to look for one but now being preggie will shelve it for now :) I'm for sure growing mould at home with so much sleeping haha. But somehow still don't have the energy to want to do much, plus my stupid MS still not gone.. Sigh!
I wasn't working during preggy w #1 too..one word: shiok! Pls pls do enjoy gals! Z all u wan..surf all u like..n I read up a lot w pregnancy books..
Dun worry there'll come a day when u'll suddenly feel so energetic n keen in buying n looking for Bb stuff..so if u r still lethargic now jus rest all u wan.. ;)

amnio is abt 800 at KKH (450 medisave claimable) and its good for singleton and not twins or more..

ic tks...coz i heard it quite expensive too and now i know half can claim. My ex coll told me super painful however some said slight pain only. I tink depend on pain tolerance as my ex coll scared of pain one. Must rest for 2 weeks right after amino?

I wasn't working during preggy w #1 too..one word: shiok! Pls pls do enjoy gals! Z all u wan..surf all u like..n I read up a lot w pregnancy books..
Dun worry there'll come a day when u'll suddenly feel so energetic n keen in buying n looking for Bb stuff..so if u r still lethargic now jus rest all u wan.. ;)

haha..i wish i the SAHM but financial does not allowed me coz maid expenses etc. If i not working, i dun feel financial secure as i dun like to rely on my hubby...wait he dun give me than i suffered leh. So i aiming to work till i turned 40 thn convert to partime...that time i will be the maid lol...coz hv planned not to hire maid after 2 to 4 yrs.

Ya depends on whether u haf hand me downs for bigger ticket items..like baby cot, car seat, breast pump etc..n plus if u r having a girl I tink u'll spend abit more cos girly stuff r simply irresistible! For my #1, tho had hand me downs, but I jus couldn't stop myself fm buying all e pretty clothes for her..so end up she wore almost all new clothes..haha..

Gbob take gd care! I oso suffered fm big x flu since last week..buay tahan saw gp twice oreid n asked for antibiotics..cos reali cannot take it..preggy immune lower so it takes a longer x to recover as well..pls drink more water n take care mummies!

Ya depends on whether u haf hand me downs for bigger ticket items..like baby cot, car seat, breast pump etc..n plus if u r having a girl I tink u'll spend abit more cos girly stuff r simply irresistible! For my #1, tho had hand me downs, but I jus couldn't stop myself fm buying all e pretty clothes for her..so end up she wore almost all new clothes..haha..

Think for baby cot. Its a gamble.. a lot become white elephant later as most parents feel its more convenient for baby to co-sleep with them. Breast pumps also.. some cannot tahan..will give up within a short while.

ic tks...coz i heard it quite expensive too and now i know half can claim. My ex coll told me super painful however some said slight pain only. I tink depend on pain tolerance as my ex coll scared of pain one. Must rest for 2 weeks right after amino?

2 days mc only leh.. haa ya and I tink pain is up to individual

Definitely not enough. Cot already $400, stroller $500. Clothes, diapers, milk pump, breast pads, milk bag, baby monitor, will cost too.
Thanks gm13. I will ask my hubby to up the budget.
Have you girls start to shop for baby stuff?

Kmei2, i would like to join the group chat. can someone add me in facebook, please? xie xie ni. ;)

Sometimes happened to me too and i just ignored as it rarely happened & less than 1 or 2mins. If recurring, i will check with gynae.

Harmony seem better than amino just that it expensive.

btw how to tell if have low placenta...izit hv to advise by gynae? I will ask my gynae this qn when i went for my detail scan end of this month.

ya gynae will advise.. if gynae no say anything then its ok :)

Thanks gm13. I will ask my hubby to up the budget.
Have you girls start to shop for baby stuff?

Kmei2, i would like to join the group chat. can someone add me in facebook, please? xie xie ni. ;)

hi molk, can I have ur email address please :)

Gbob take gd care! I oso suffered fm big x flu since last week..buay tahan saw gp twice oreid n asked for antibiotics..cos reali cannot take it..preggy immune lower so it takes a longer x to recover as well..pls drink more water n take care mummies!
Thanks deary. Ya been drinking loads of water n orange juice. Hehe

Yeah!!! My snoogle pillow is here!!!! Cnt wait to try it out!!! It better be good! Keke
image.jpg

Think for baby cot. Its a gamble.. a lot become white elephant later as most parents feel its more convenient for baby to co-sleep with them. Breast pumps also.. some cannot tahan..will give up within a short while.
My #1 slept in her own room since she is 2months old. Best decision ever.. she slept thru and we slept well too.

My #1 slept in her own room since she is 2months old. Best decision ever.. she slept thru and we slept well too.

GM.. so good.. my children all need to hear our voice and feel our touch before they continue to sleep. Or else they can open eyes and look for us. My gal now 9 months liao.. still wake up off and on in the middle of the night :(

Back