(2014/01) January 2014

I will feel uneasy & pretty offended if the person stared at me a few times or with weird look. However, i just ignored them. We should be proud of our bump coz it nothing wrong with it.

Jus back frm 17wk chk up. Cfrm boy agn. Gynae seems worried dat placenta is low, covering front n bottom of water bag n may interfere wif natural delivery. Argh! I wan natural! See la, this round not shun at all!

Congrats! U know boy since last check up? Heard it easy to know boy than gal. I also wan natural birth so hopefully dun hv other factors hindering...

Jus back frm 17wk chk up. Cfrm boy agn. Gynae seems worried dat placenta is low, covering front n bottom of water bag n may interfere wif natural delivery. Argh! I wan natural! See la, this round not shun at all!
congrat bb_hopeful! chill.. as long as bb is fine and safe.. natural and csec works the same ya :)

how long does it take before you can fully heal and start to be intimate with your hubby? I'm just curious as if it's going to take 6 months, i think i will ask htb to take care of the baby at night to keep him from thinking about this...hahahaha

chiching, think if normal delivery.. as long as menses cleared after delivery.. should be quite ok. Maybe 1 month .. But first few time you may feel scared. Your hubby really need to be slow and gentle.. kekeke :)

pyng, maybe its bcos everything I do mostly. That happens to my #1 too. But slowly when he got bigger, I make hubby handle and spend more time with him. So now he stick to his daddy more :) Or else very cham.. I mop floor..he always fall down behind me :(

For #2, hubby will help more compare to #1 when young. But for cleaning up and shower.. he still prefer to leave to me.

My kids knows no matter what happens, I will be their life saving boat..kekeke.. my #1 will come to me whenever daddy is angry.

Boy or gal is ok la. Normal or C-section we dun have to worry so much .... As long as baby is healthy which is the most important. :)

Good mornin' ladies!! i am back after MIA for few days! Can I ask if we can take watercress soup (in chinese, xi yang cai)?

Can since after lst tri already...in fact i eat most things except raw and high mercury fish.

pyng, maybe its bcos everything I do mostly. That happens to my #1 too. But slowly when he got bigger, I make hubby handle and spend more time with him. So now he stick to his daddy more :) Or else very cham.. I mop floor..he always fall down behind me :(

For #2, hubby will help more compare to #1 when young. But for cleaning up and shower.. he still prefer to leave to me.

My kids knows no matter what happens, I will be their life saving boat..kekeke.. my #1 will come to me whenever daddy is angry.

no wonder lol...

Actually for people to look at us.. we should not be offended la. Bcos nowadays people also cannot confirm if we are pregnant or fat. I will always stare at people in the mrt / bus at times too. To confirm if they are pregnant or not. In case when we offer them the seat and they are not.. scare of offending people.

Till now.. my colleagues still commenting that I dun look pregnant.. The most people will think I have a tummy nia. So I cannot blame people for not giving me their seats when taking public transport.

Thanks Pyng thanks lovelittle tan!
Cos i was worried if it's too cooling for me. I am having stomach upset since Sunday :( dare not anyhow take food also. I think i need to start taking some nutritious foods for baby.. like walnuts..birds nest.. for bb sake..

Ask you all hor.. can we take ice jelly cocktail? Really feel like taking cold desserts .. but not sure if that is too cooling for us

Morning mommies~~ it's a cooling morning!! so sleepy~~

shirlynn: i think as long u past 1st trimester, it's ok to take once a while.. hee.. sometimes it's so hot that i drink coconut juice.. but like once in a mth or so la.. not frequent.. hee

Congrats~ mine oso boy~ but my #1 girl.. initial stage my placenta oso low.. subsequently it went up abit and din hear my gynae mention or worried abt the low placenta. most of the time the placenta will shift up.. :)

For my pregnancies, normally is my hubby who is more kan chiong.. last visit to my gynea.. again.. he ask gynea what do I have to look out for .. what I have to take note la.. guess what my gynea replies ?? Your wife has enough experience to know what to do...kekeke

I always have that paranoia feeling too...normally a week after my previous scan. I'm a first time mom and everything is normal so far, but i have been surrounded by sister in laws whom i have personally witness their struggle with their journey to become a mom, so sometimes i can't help but think as well.

Regarding the stares, hahaha...i get that a lot from colleagues. Especially since I got pregnant prior to marriage. Gossiping and things like that during my first trimester...hehehe. My teammate who sits beside me will normally look into my face then my tummy every time, as if there's something wrong. It was annoying at first, then later on, i tried to find humor on it...

^5 chiching, i know how it feels... married or not..doesnt mean cant be pregnant right? pple just like to find things to gossip and talk about you. i was in your shoes too.. only got married when i was 5 months pregnant...are you planning to hold the wedding soon?

Actually for people to look at us.. we should not be offended la. Bcos nowadays people also cannot confirm if we are pregnant or fat. I will always stare at people in the mrt / bus at times too. To confirm if they are pregnant or not. In case when we offer them the seat and they are not.. scare of offending people.

Till now.. my colleagues still commenting that I dun look pregnant.. The most people will think I have a tummy nia. So I cannot blame people for not giving me their seats when taking public transport.

This is true. Normally people in the train and will look at my tummy a lot as if checking if I'm just fat or preggy. Some offer, some don't. When I'm with my htb during weekdays, he's the one who gets a little bit annoyed if I don't get any seat. I told him it's okay, exercise for me...hahahahaha

^5 chiching, i know how it feels... married or not..doesnt mean cant be pregnant right? pple just like to find things to gossip and talk about you. i was in your shoes too.. only got married when i was 5 months pregnant...are you planning to hold the wedding soon?

We're going to hold the wedding in October as this is the earliest. We would have liked it sooner but due to the ghost month, and his cousing getting married in September so we really can't. It's a good thing that his parents are taking care of everything. It's funny because, we discovered that we're expecting a month after he proposed to me and we are starting to plan on what we want for the wedding.

hehe. I had an ex colleague who openly told me that she and her bf was trying for a bb. Have bb already than marry. Anyway, who's to say what they can or cannot do?

This is true. Normally people in the train and will look at my tummy a lot as if checking if I'm just fat or preggy. Some offer, some don't. When I'm with my htb during weekdays, he's the one who gets a little bit annoyed if I don't get any seat. I told him it's okay, exercise for me...hahahahaha

We're going to hold the wedding in October as this is the earliest. We would have liked it sooner but due to the ghost month, and his cousing getting married in September so we really can't. It's a good thing that his parents are taking care of everything. It's funny because, we discovered that we're expecting a month after he proposed to me and we are starting to plan on what we want for the wedding.

mine also.. when i held my customary, i was already 3mths. i was already in the midst of preparing for my wedding supposedly 1 jan 2011. but end up bring forward to October. mine 3 oct. how abt u?

same for me, would have like to hold it sooner, when i was 4 months..but sister was getting married in may..so i had to wait till june
yah, due to ghost month..october should be fine, it really doesnt matter when.. as long as you are happy and the bb is healthy.. no need to bother about the gossips and words of others!

glad to hear that his parents are taking care of everything. hehe, i know how funny it is..that life happens in a little quirky and unusual way instead of the norm.. for me.. we planned to get married in dec but mom said one year cannot married out 2 daughters..so wanted to push the wedding till next march.. who knows a few days after he proposed to me.. i found out i was expecting..and we had to hold our wedding in june instead.. its amazing how things happen sometimes and you need to react and be flexible

hehe. I had an ex colleague who openly told me that she and her bf was trying for a bb. Have bb already than marry. Anyway, who's to say what they can or cannot do?

i agree with you 0re0.. who to say what they can or cannot do..
its kinda like the trend now to be preggy before you get married.. so you get the baby sooner..
we are no longer in the conservative times where pple think such marriage is a disgrace

anyways, about how big/small the tummy, dont be bothered by pple's stares.. we are proud of our bumps :)

We are too! hahaha...but not actively. Our reason for trying prior even prior to his proposal is that at least we don't get pressured after the wedding by his parents...to have baby right away because it's already on the way...hahahaha. We didn't expect it will happen prior, but I'm glad it did. Hitting two birds with one stone..hehehehe

mine also.. when i held my customary, i was already 3mths. i was already in the midst of preparing for my wedding supposedly 1 jan 2011. but end up bring forward to October. mine 3 oct. how abt u?
Mine is going to be on October 6. His parents organized the banquet (would have preferred ROM first then banquet later),since they insisted on having it this year...hehehe

Dun worry all these, I feel its nice to have a baby as soon as you are ready. I often tell the people who are getting married not to wait.. keke.. can try liao.. bcos nowadays a lot of people have problems conceiving. My cousin also had his wedding last October and the wife give birth to a son in January this year. All relative was speculating whether the bride was pregnant or plump. But we all feel happy for them no matter what :)

hee.. good good.. at least ur in laws are helping out.. 6 oct is saturday.. easier for all guest oso ~
hehehe...no choice for them. Either they organize it or we will do it my way which is ROM first only immediate family and very very close friends. I told my htb that i don't have the capacity to plan for a banquet since i know how stressful it can be. I told him that my priority is the baby in the tummy and don't want to stress myself with the wedding preps.
Dun worry all these, I feel its nice to have a baby as soon as you are ready. I often tell the people who are getting married not to wait.. keke.. can try liao.. bcos nowadays a lot of people have problems conceiving. My cousin also had his wedding last October and the wife give birth to a son in January this year. All relative was speculating whether the bride was pregnant or plump. But we all feel happy for them no matter what :)
This is what i fear also. That i will have a hard time conceiving after the wedding and will have an even harder time because his parents are pressuring us and will stress me the most. At least now, i conceived in a very relax environment...hehehe

hehehe...no choice for them. Either they organize it or we will do it my way which is ROM first only immediate family and very very close friends. I told my htb that i don't have the capacity to plan for a banquet since i know how stressful it can be. I told him that my priority is the baby in the tummy and don't want to stress myself with the wedding preps.

This is what i fear also. That i will have a hard time conceiving after the wedding and will have an even harder time because his parents are pressuring us and will stress me the most. At least now, i conceived in a very relax environment...hehehe

chiching, why you dun just have a ROM first? Dinner banquet after delivery ? My hb cousin did that ..

Yah, I agree. I tink nowadays pple are more open. As long as the baby is going to be loved by both parents, just go ahead when ready. Pple who like to gossip will find tings to say no matter wat. Just ignore them. Life is too short to live by other pple's stds. :p

My grandmother says cannot take ice jelly n grass jelly coz too cooling. But I did eat a few spoonfuls once in a while n the rest give hb.

cannot huh coz i thought as long as u eat in moderation...should be fine. But better listen to old folks advice bah. However for food which i hv craving, i will still eat abit partly also coz now 2nd pregnancy, not as cautious as lst pregnancy lor. Lst pregnancy, i refrain and restrict alot...

Most of the things I do eat although cooling.. but for ice jelly.. I remember is very cooling. Tempted to buy and eat a few times..but hold back till now :(

Just cooked this... Heard this is as good as bird nest but so much more affordable... Haha
image.jpg

chiching, why you dun just have a ROM first? Dinner banquet after delivery ? My hb cousin did that ..
That was my plan. ROM first, then do the church wedding and banquet at the same time after delivery. Unfortunately, his parents do not agree. They made all the arrangements, restaurant, invitations and all. Rather than going through the whole discussion, my htb and i settled for what they want since they are paying...hehehe. If we were paying, i will push for the ROM first

My grandmother says cannot take ice jelly n grass jelly coz too cooling. But I did eat a few spoonfuls once in a while n the rest give hb.
I heard this too, but htb allowed me to have iced grass jelly every time we are in xin wang, but i don't finish it. I'll sip a few then give it to htb. So now he avoids eating at xin wang so i don't get tempted to drink iced grass jelly.

Just cooked this... Heard this is as good as bird nest but so much more affordable... HahaView attachment 16873
Yes, yes GBOB. My aunt has been cooking for me to drink once every 2 weeks. I like the taste. Hurhurhur..... U r a gd cook. I noe how to eat only.
That was my plan. ROM first, then do the church wedding and banquet at the same time after delivery. Unfortunately, his parents do not agree. They made all the arrangements, restaurant, invitations and all. Rather than going through the whole discussion, my htb and i settled for what they want since they are paying...hehehe. If we were paying, i will push for the ROM first

I heard this too, but htb allowed me to have iced grass jelly every time we are in xin wang, but i don't finish it. I'll sip a few then give it to htb. So now he avoids eating at xin wang so i don't get tempted to drink iced grass jelly.
My hb also. Now he avoids ordering anyting tt im not supposed to eat. Zzzzz...... Wanna steal a bit to eat also cannot.

gm13,
dat's nice. i din tell hb abt some of u feeling movements cos dun wanna add to my stress. think im getting prenatal depression now, everything also unhappy. damn frustrated wif insomnia, RLS, nerve kena pressed, water retention. now even happy food dun make me happy for long. shopping is depressing cos i get so tired after a while.

bb_hopeful : different preggie different. My first pregnancy I didn't feel anything till i think 7 month. Be happy. think happy tots.........:) how about pre-natal massage? can see if can do to help with water retention? i haven't tried before so just check it out.

GBOB, can share the recipe? i like that white crunchy thing (white fungus right?)... :D. if don't add sugar will it taste okay?

Last edited:
Hello ladies! It's been awhile since my last post.. Took me a long time to get around to registering to this new forum.
Hope everyone is doing well :)

Strawberri-pie, hope you are feeling better now. Just gotta tell ourselves worrying is not going to help the situation. Try to keep a positive mind. I too am guilty of over thinking and worrying.. But I always tell myself to keep calm and carry on. And rub my tummy and tell the BB to jia you!

Ching: we are in this time and age whereby baby before marriage is nothing to be ashamed of! I've got a few colleagues here who are like that, some even have kids together but didn't get married. We should never be pressured to follow social norms :)

Oh one more thing to note, dnt soak too many white fungus. Cos when they r in dried form, they look little but after soak in water they will "fa" n become alot.

I think put pandan leaves n rock sugar makes the taste nicer.

Ching, mayb u can ask your MIL to cook the white fungus in water for a while first then throw away the water. Then cook as per normal...

my soon to be mom in law ask me to eat this, but i don't like the taste because it smells like fresh eggs..i don't know how to modify the taste. She tried putting sugar but still the same...hahaha

Wah.. ur mil treat u very good leh... so will u all be staying together with ur ils or buying flat or u all have flat liao?

Hello ladies! It's been awhile since my last post.. Took me a long time to get around to registering to this new forum.
Hope everyone is doing well :)

Strawberri-pie, hope you are feeling better now. Just gotta tell ourselves worrying is not going to help the situation. Try to keep a positive mind. I too am guilty of over thinking and worrying.. But I always tell myself to keep calm and carry on. And rub my tummy and tell the BB to jia you!

Ching: we are in this time and age whereby baby before marriage is nothing to be ashamed of! I've got a few colleagues here who are like that, some even have kids together but didn't get married. We should never be pressured to follow social norms :)

thanks.. ya.. i'm feeling better liao... and i totally agree with u that in our generation having bb before married is nothing to be ashamed off de..

Hey GBOB! I cook white fungus with ginseng every other week! Was told that it will prevent jaundice. I add goji berries to it. Super Yumz!

Back