(2013) TTC for #2 & More Mummies !

Yep..
happy.gif

Baby dusts to all.

Unlike #1 I'm not sure when was my ovulation cos didnt test. Moreover ovulation was late.

Fel: congrats to u too!!! So u had +opk on cd18, 19 n 20, then when did u bd? Then u take which as your ovulation date?

N u r rite, dunno y sept thread haven up... Yearning much to join!

u can just start the thread ... dont need to wait for admin ... its usually started by anybody ... congrats to both of you !

We BD on CD 16,18,20

I think my ovulation is day 19 on Christmas Day. Cos I remembered that day I had pain on my right lower abdomen. Which I presume is ovulation pain..

Tangerine- you also BFP??

When is your edd?

Joyful - really happy.. Had that baby dream then the ewcm... Then a BFP!!! Just like u

Fel

U had a baby dream too!

Nice! What's ur dream abt?

I just had a minor surgery to remove a growth at e cervix. Causing some bleeding inside.. lucky bleeding nt fr Bb.. I always believe Bb got v strong willpower.. he came to my dream as a baby boy I given birth.. how will he forsake me..

thanks bewildered!

fel, i'm not sure when is my EDD cos i dunno when is my ovulation. but my guess is 19 Sep.

tested positive on CD 36, super super faint so i'm assuming it's DPO 11, that's CD25. lucky to have EWCM this month!

Congrats to Tangerinez too... i din catch that thread that you announce BFP!!!

Fel: thanks for your info... think i just need to BD and BD and BD!!!

Fel: congrats~!

i missed AF by 6 days. Still BFN. but i have been having EWCM for the past few days during evening time. Yesterday i even used OPK to test and got faint line only. Could it be i O again around CD 36?

Other than that i don't have any symptoms except mild cramps and backache. my boobs usually hurt when AF coming, but now no leh..

That time when I tested positive using hpt, out of curiosity I tested using opk also.. And opk was positive!!! Haha

I tested cos read online about how opk can be use as hpt.. Sound kinda stupid but I went ahead also la.. Haha

So Kayliz - Maybe u also same as me ? The hpt took come time to turn positive cos maybe hCg level still low ?

fel: my previous preg, i also read up the same thing! i ran out of hpt so i used OPK.. it was a very dark positive, then nxt day after i got my HPT i tested BFP.. but right now my OPK is faint line, which is not considered leh i think.

however..im really worried because my last preg was detected only when i was about 6 weeks. in the end it ended in a chemical preg (egg nv implant). throghout my gynae visits, nothing was seen on the scans & gynae initially thought i was too early. im so scared if im preg, its the same case again.

Congrats fel.
Today is my 1st day of AF. Sad...
May I ask what kits do you use to test?
hpt and opk? Where can I get them? Thank you

anyone using the CORE brand opks? im not sure if its the strips or me ... cant seem to get positive OPK ... the line does get dark but not as dark as the control line ... then it gets faint again ... and i always get faint lines ... hmmm ...

cftongtan - I got the one that's posted on

Posted on Thursday, January 10, 2013 - 4:38 pm

You click on the above link and go see... It's those cheapo kind...

i also bought the OPK strips from this bulkpurchase....but this mth i keep testing, all negative leh! of coz i use clearblue smiley face also negative...=(

guess this mth i didnt ovulate? not much CM also...so dry somemore. haywired body.

Anyone got the fertility monitor (clear blue)? Its so expensive! but does it really help?

thanks mummies! baby dusts to all!

cftongtan: you can buy the OPK to test for ovulation, the HPT to test for pregnancy.

If kiasu like me, I will also order either a clearblue or first response to confirm a positive cheap HPT.

for #1 i used clearblue. it's easy to use as it will tell you how many weeks pregnant. for #2, the seller recommended me first response which can get positive results earlier. it works cos when i used the cheapo HPT the line was so faint only a neurotic like me will spot it. but when i used first response, can see the faint line is more visible.

blessedone: did you test twice a day? if not maybe you have missed the LH surge. everyone's surge has different duration, some only as short as 8 hours so if you only test once you may miss it.

try testing once in the late morning (11am-ish), once at early night (8pm-ish). esp when you start to see OPK getting darker, you can test twice a day to catch the surge.

most pple will always gets at least a faint line with OPK because LH is always present in our urine. Thats why with OPK you need to be exact same bold lines to be positive. That's also why with the cheapo OPK, not advised to test with first pee because then the LH will be quite high but not necessarily a surge.

Tangerinez>> How many DPO was it when you first tested with the first response? I got a first response too (but I got from Amazon) and it says that it can detect pregnancy 6 days before period is due. My luteul phase is 14 days, so that means I can test at DPO8, which I thought was so early.

koolduh: pls refer to my post for blessedone, see if you test twice a day. you are at CD what? maybe late ovulation.

you know there are foods to increase CM? I also dun get much CM. can try to drink green tea (not too much cos can be cooling for womb) or grapefruit juice.

some drink cough syrup that contains Guaifenesin. this can increase CM too but i wont recommend this cos anyhow drink cough syrup sounds wrong to me.

if really no CM, use conceive plus (buy from the seller that Fel posted cos no longer selling in stores in SG).

without CM, sperms cannot travel to the egg.

anastasia, unfortunately i do not know which DPO i tested BFP cos i didnt track my ovulation date this time (hubby say dun so gan cheong).

for my #1 i got a BFP on DPO 11. for the current pregnancy, my BFP is soooooo faint i am assuming it is DPO 10. my LP is 15 to 16 days. so you can say it's 5 to 6 days before menses.

to be safe, maybe you test 5 days before? DPO 9 or 10?

on internet those ang mor forums, i have seen many cases of BFP on DPO 8

Waoo..
So nice to see good news posted here when i come in to read..
happy.gif
happy.gif

Congrats Fel & Tangerinez!!
happy.gif

Im waiting for my EWCM leh. haha.

anyone updating the table? Today is my CD11. Can anyone help me update? Cos i scared i forget again. But i think shld be easy to remember this time round as is on new year day lol

mine today CD27 or CD28 already...i started testing since CD10 i think....but again no EWCM so i didnt test regularly until CD15 or so.

Green tea helps? i scared too cooling coz TCM ask me take longan red date drink....

Tangerinez: I just bought preseed....but duno when to use since duno when i Oed.hahaha...Oh no wonder i cannot find conceive plus in Guardian or Watson! Thanks for the recommendation!

U didnt track your ovulation date and bingo! so nice! so u got any symptoms?

Tangerinez>> Thanks for this info! If I can tahan, I will test on DPO10. For my #1, I didn't track OPK or BBT, only BDed when I see EWCM so I also don't know how many days past ovulation I tested +ve on HPT. For my #2, I tested +ve on HPT at DPO11/12 using a CB. Now that I"ve got a First Response, I'm so tempted to test early, but I shall try to control! Haha!

Oh btw, congrats! I think I didn't congratulate you yet!
happy.gif

Koolduh>> Yup, Conceive Plus is not selling in SG anymore. Used to be able to find it in hospital pharmacy (e.g. Raffles Hospital, TMC). But my gynae said that between Conceive Plus and Preseed, Preseed is better leh. I also don't know why she said that. But, she also said that if you have EWCM, then don't need to use lubricant liao.

As for green tea, I'm not sure whether it actually increases CM. But one of the old forumers on this thread mentioned that if TTC, should avoid green tea leh.. cos it's cooling. I remember she had a few MCs and she was told by TCM to stay away from green tea. So she did that, even to the point of avoiding bubble tea!

As for myself, I don't have any food / drinks restrictions when TTC or pregnant...so I still take cold drinks, green tea, bubble tea etc...eveyrthing in moderation...so far ok.

Anastasia- I was like u.. I couldn't take the suspense too. I tested daily drop 9 DPO though u advised me to do from 12 DPO... N really positive on 12 DPO.. Super super faint. Maybe like what tangerine said. Only neurotic like us can see the super faint lines.. I tested consecutively for few days before buy clear blue to confirm

Cftongtan- yeah.. Opk is to test for LH surge that comes 24-32 hours before ovulation. Think once u got surge. Can bD to cover bases first...

For me we did alternate days and I didn't move half an hour after deed was done.. To let them travel upwards.. Haha

yes, green tea is cooling. only the ang mors will use green tea to increase CM. in my opinion, as long as we dont drink too often, should not be that cooling. also can counter the cooling effect with LRD or ginger tea. i think i had 2 cups of green tea consecutive days, the next day i saw EWCM.

Anastasia, thanks. I also worry there must be a reason why conceive plus is no longer selling in SG. but ive tried both preseed and conceive plus for #1 and got pregnant on conceive plus. also preseed is sticky and needs an applicator whereas conceive plus can use just like normal lubricant.

koolduh: dunno when to use? use it everytime you BD! hahaha... no harm. And BD more often.

we got lucky but also cos we BD at least 3 times a week. we were actively TTC but didnt want to be boring and only BD when O, so never track O.

i have zero symptoms so i'm actually quite worried. last cycle i had all the symptoms but my menses came on the dot. this cycle my menses was late, i tested BFN at first but i also knew i ovulated later than usual. but closer to BFP i kept telling my hubby 99% menses coming cos i had PMS.

now week 4 le still no symptoms except for fatigue and constant light cramps. so i'm quite worried. though HPT is getting darker everyday. with my #1 my morning sickness started the moment i tested BFP. on one hand i'm worried, on another hand i'm hoping the difference in symptoms mean this is a girl! wahahaha

cftongtan, OPK only tells you whether there is LH surge. most pple will ovulate after LH surge but for some people, there may be a surge but the egg didnt manage to be released.

so technically, positive opk doesnt always mean ovulation will happen soon. the best bet is to do both opk plus track bbt, which is what i did for #1, super kiasu!

wah tangerinez...Usually we BD only 1-2 times during so-called fertile times..the rest of time, too tired to BD.hahaha.

This mth we rather 'hardworking' liao woh..BD about 4 times or so during assumed 'Fertile' time frame.....3 times a week too siong.hahaha.no stamina.old liao.

no symptoms good leh...your 1st one is boy ah?

i'm hoping for a boy if i bingo though...

koolduh, no symptoms is good for the body physically but very tough on the mental, especially for a worry-wart like me haha.

yes, #1 is boy. if #2 is girl i can close shop. if not will try for #3, so tiring.

hahaa tangerinez...better than having symptoms and keep thinking whether is bingo or AF coming!
i'm opposite with u...#1 girl, hope strike #2 boy....then can close shop.hahaha

but then, so hard to even get #2...

Tangerinez - same like u... Not much symtopms this time... More to fatigue... Very slight nausea from time to time only.. Whereas with #1, nausea started 1 week even before got positive lor.. and vomit all the way week 6-16...

We r hoping for another boy.. =)

Tangerinez>> when I got pregnant with my #2, I also had no symptoms at all. It was only at around wk 6 that I started to feel nauseous and vomit.. And that carried on all the way till I delivered! #2 is a girl.

As for my #1, I had the classic preggie symptoms. Sore boobs, bad skin (in the beginning, due to hormonal changes). But no vomiting. And #1 is a boy.

Since your symptoms are different this time, possible that its a different gender this time
happy.gif

Thanks fel and Anastasia for your reassurances.

With #1 boy, I had super sore boobs from DPO 11. Then metallic taste in mouth. Aversion to plain water and plain rice. Zits. All in week 3 to 4. Now I dun feel anything except for light headedness and fatigue that's why very paranoid. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant. Really hope it means different gender heheh!

Fel>> Haha, ok, will update you. I haven't tested using my first response yet. I tested using the strip type over th last 2 days. But BFN and it's expected lah. Cos only DPO6/7. Tmr should be DPO8. I'm trying to resist testing using the first response, cos I still think DPO8 is very early. For my #2, I only got my positive HPT on DPO12 with a clear blue

Yes pls resist! First response not cheap hahaha. Bring out the neurotic in you, use the cheapo ones first for the faintest line then double check with first response. Good luck!!

Hello all! I'm starting on my baby making endeavour in 2013 (#1 is now 9 months). =)

Hope to share this journey with the ladies here. I see some familiar faces e.g tangerinez from the 2011 TTC #1 thread! So fast you're preggers with #2 already! Congratulations!

Hi Olivia! Oooh our #1 same age? Is yours an April baby too? How come never join the April mummies group?

Lots of baby dusts to you! If BFP on 1st try our #2 will be similar age too!

Back