(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

sade, bought at Taka. It's the same promo as at Baby Market I think, but at Taka i get 10% additional for card members. Taka fair i guess worth going if u have in mind items from brands like Pigeon, Medela, Avent. Promo price for Avent dual is $550.

Ameda is selling at $399, is it?

Luv, oh I see, thks. Yes u right.
I don't taka card. Guess I will wait for Robinson sales as I have the card.
Wow, din know that avent dual pump is so exp too. Slightly cheaper than Medela.

sade, u were up so late?
happy.gif

Yeah lor... that was why I got the single pump b4! So ex b4 discount!! But now that there's discount n experience of a single pump, think I dun mind spending more for time saved during pumping. But I still wldn't go for prices like $700 and $800.
Actually I hear there's Robinsons sale now leh... till 14 Oct i think. And John Little sale next week.

Luv, thanks for the reassurance. I'm so tempted to get a doppler. If I keep getting worried like this, I think I will go crazy hor? Haha...

BBshower, Hope and Sade, good to know it's normal. I have my scan this coming Friday again. Can't wait!

Koirc, i used to be like u n considered getting a doppler. But im feeling less anxious now as bb grows. I believe u are in your 2 nd tri now. Bb should be quite stable by this stage.

If u are not on support n u dont feel cramp or see red, bb is likely to be safe. Tell yourself, everything is in the hands of God. He will decide the best for u. Have faith ..

Koirc, how many weeks are u now again? By 20 weeks or so, u shld be able to feel baby's movements liao. Then you won't feel the need for a doppler as much.
happy.gif

Guys.. Is taka carrying any Pigeon stuff? I am thinking of getting the steriliser and warmer. Or is it only for Avent? Went to the JB sale yesterday. Worth going as there are really a lot of cheap stuff. =)

Tia!

Miracle, hey, nice to see u here too other than on FB.
happy.gif

Yes, Taka has Pigeon too, but i didn't see the Newborn Starter kit if that's what u want. More single or twin bottle packs. But they have steriliser bundle too. Can't remember if warmer has bundle or not. But shld have warmer too. Go for it!

Luv I might not be getting car seat as one of my relatives will pass it to me. So can save a bit. But if taking it n I don't like it, then I might have to buy.
As for the metro infant sales, I wen on Thursday, nothing much except disc on pigeon n avent. Good if have metro card.
Let me check if the Robinson sales is on now.

Tutu should be OK to eat banana except del monte.

Luv, has expiry date for car seat?

20% disc for pigeon n avent and some bb stuffs. Only one car seat, one baby cot on sales. Haha. I wen to metro sengkang.

Can give it a miss.

Luv, I think metro 'abused" the word fair when they named it metro infant fair.

At metro paragon, it is like normal counter with very few items on discount. Def not worth it if you are going down just for it.

Whiteclover totally agreed with u. Sengkang metro only have 1car seat n 1baby cot for sales. N 2 special offer baskets that is not worth to go down for it too.

Whiteclover did u went to be fair?

Luv, hmmm is it just a Marketing gimmick? Personally I felt that if the car seat is free from accident then should be ok. Cos my relative is passing me the infant car seat. ;-) but I still have to see the condition of the car seat cos I m v picky. Hehe.

Sade, I was there last monday.

Check w you - wondering for dr loh clinic, what happens if if we need to reach him urgently? Did he give a no that we can call after office hrs?

I remember at thomson fertility, they have a mobile no that we can dial which is manned by one of the staff after office hours, just in case we need to reach him. Wonder if o&g has similar.

Hi ladies. Went to the bb fair and bought 2 5-in-1 bb cot at $380 each incl latex mattress and 7-pcs bedding set.. Wanted to buy the maternity yoga shorts but no more size

Whiteclover - it's Puku. The booth is just next to Avent. Palmax is only bb cot but not convertible. Mine can convert to play pen, sofa bed and toddler bed...

I think OG still having 20% discount on Pigeon items so I will be getting the steriliser next week. Must start shopping for Ben stuff now....

Luv - sorry. Should be bb stuff... I read from other thread it's till 14/10 or 17/10 I think and they said pigeon brand has. Maybe also include other brands. Can call OG to check

Joanne, yup I need to do GD test due to family history. Need to fast fr 1am onwards till 12pm. I am also doing it during my next visit.
I am also starting to buy bb stuffs now. Do u know that there is a bb Clothes wholesaler at rochor opp guan ying miao? I had bought 12 sets of bb clothing there and also towels. V cheap. 6 tops for $13-$14. 6 bottoms for $12. Can't choose color thou. Can wear at home. 5 pairs of mitten and socks cost $10.
They r also selling the receiving blanket but I din buy yet.

Sade - hope our test will be ok... Yeah I'm going to that shop next fri too after my checkup to buy NB clothes
happy.gif
. Heard their handkerchief is good too. Will then pop over to OG to buy steriliser....

Sade, my mum was asking me to try latching whenever the boobs feels heavy with milk. Then decide if i want to get the pump. So was wondering if we can try latching first cos scared no supply or not discipline to pump.... hmmm....then wont waste the pump.

Sade n JoT, do u have a more specific address for the bb clothes wholesaler? TIA!

Reiki, latching is the best way to clear ur breasts n build supply. But still good to get a pump to stand by in case can't latch baby on for whatever reason. Also if u r working n plan to pump at work, good to get used to pumping b4 returning to work.

Luv the address is Shen kwang trading co, blk 269 queen street, #01-246. Opening hrs 9am-6pm Monday to Saturday.
Actually have already input into our google doc. ;-)

Reiki baby agreed with luv. Need to have a pump to stand by in case bb is not latching. And also it's good to pump every 3-4hrs to stimulate the breast milk flow. If bb is not latching well, then have to pump out to feed bb.

Maybe u can check what brand you are interested in, n after u give birth then ask hb to buy for u.m

But rem demand equal supply. If u plan to breast feed your bb, then have to buy breast pump lor.

Luv n Joanne when u go over to the shop, look for the toilet sign, its easier to find it. The shop is Just opp the toilet.

Wendy yes on and off.

Thanks Luv and sade.

So many stuff to get. Really confused.
Regarding steriliser, any steriliser works for all milk bottles? The more i read the more confused i get.

Isit that some sterliser comes with warmer? The warmer is to warm bm right?
Which steriliser do you ladies recommend? Milk bottles, how to know which brand/ kind to get? Some of you were talking about the Pigeon starter kit. That will be sufficient?

Thanks Sade...I am getting paranoid coz my previous pregnancy my water bag leak but the cervical mucus that I have this round looks different from that of the leak aminotic fluid that I had previously..

Thanks Sade...I am getting paranoid coz my previous pregnancy my water bag leak but the cervical mucus that I have this round looks different from that of the leak aminotic fluid that I had previously..

Reikibaby slowly u will not be confused. Don't worry. Me also v confused initially,but now getting better cos getting due date nearer. Haha.
Maybe u should drop by kiddy palace and take the 0-6months new born list which is available at the cashier counter.
As for the sterilizer, I m planning to buy either pigeon or tommee tippee. Both can use other brands of bottles. As for warmer, I decided not to buy as its not really necessary. Yes its for warming of milk.
So if u wan a starter kit, then have to look out for bb fair. As there are bundles of sterilizer together with milk bottles and bottle brush.
As for the pigeon starter kit which Luv n me bought, its basically 3bottles, 1 brush and milk powder container.
Its basically trial and error for teats, have to depend on your bb.
Wendy no worries as long no funny smell and colour then should be OK. I also have discharge but its quite watery.

Hope I started on 2nd trimester but I drink homemade type. Sometimes also drink bottled type. But I din drink too much Cos Heard might cause bb to have more phlegm.

went for normal mthly checkup last sat (week 16), doctor can't tell the gender of baby yet cos the position is not right. My MIL said usu blk position indicate it's baby girl...is that true?? know she wanted a boy, hmmm... scare to disappoint the old ppl...

Back