(2013/11) November 2013

Cheryl.. where to buy sea salt?? sorry if its a stupig qns hahaha.. i have that weird taste after eating and drinking sweet stuff.. yucks.. makes me wanna puke all the time..

cheryl, i agree with fuzzybear, you might want to pay a bit more to get a fixed gynae at KKH. if different gynaes see you each time, they won't feel a sense of ownership for your case and may not be willing to spend time explaining to you. you might want to research which gynae is good at handling triplets. October thread has around 2 mommies who is either having twins or had twins for their #1.

Cheryl, congrats! My friend went into kkh as subsidized patient and got what I call careless treatment even tho she's considered high risk. One time give med she's allergic to, another time never even read her file when she bled in 2nd trimester. Now she also switch to fixed gynae. If u are sticking with kkh, maybe kaypo n see which gynae better.

SN, are you better today? Be each other's yardstick hehe. I think I'm better today than ytd. I ate 6 potatoes spread across lunch n dinner. Cross my fingers, so far so good.

Cheryl; congrats!! Triplets!! Woo.. I understand how you feel! I'm having twins also identical, sharing one placenta.. The stress and the risk.. No joke. Till now I still not sure about my EDD and gynae advice not to tell people I'm having 2 as it will sometimes end up with one.. Bla bla bla.. And really there are like 101thinga to worry abt.. Money, space, risk.. Etc etc
BUT don't worry ok!! Must be positive (Althot I still think alot =p) all these are fated and we are really cannot do much during Tri 1, just listen to gynae, eat whatever medicine they prescribe and most important be happy..look forward to our babies!
All mummies jiayou! I'm sure all of us are willing to listen and give advices =)

Ankh, u ate 6 potatoes!!!!! How did u cook the potatoes? Different styles? Hehe. Today i didnt puke, just had the nausea feeling only. But a few days ago, i didnt even have the nausea feeling lor, miss those days.

SN, yeah lor, think my ms like yours. Haha, my potatoes normal sized ones la. Steamed n baked. Then I got greedy and had some durian ice cream and two bites of a brownie. Now eating supper, chap chye ben which has curry cabbage. I'm soooooo greedy! Cham, think my stomach going to make me suffer past midnight.

ankh, chap chye ben with curry cabbage for supper?!!!! wah salute leh! after that your stomach ok ar? maybe your ms really left 10% only. anyway, so late already still got people sell chap chye ben?

morning mommies! hope everyone feels better today. im eat hotcakes for breakfast. yesterday i ate the bacon and egg sandwich hot sandwich from Breadtalk and it was a bad choice. too oily. wanted to puke after that.

Good morning mummies, Im staying compassvale Bow. If mummies stay nearby, we can meet up one day after our ms is over. Hope everyone is well today.

morning Mummies.. i had cha chao bao for breakfast. having sharp pain on my tummy this morning. feeling so uncomfortable! now better le
sad.gif

morning mummies! went to see my gynae yest for 2nd appt, did a blood test, now paranoid (again) abt the outcome of the blood test. like everything also scared go wrong. haha..

doc did a scan for us n saw bb "waving" at us, twice! super cute.. n very excited. hahaha... =P

Is there something about potatoes? I've been wanting french fries and potatoes for a couple of days now! *LOL*

Congrats Cheryl! wow triplets! Why not ask to see a fixed senior gynae? Probably someone with more experience. Charges will be a little higher but u can rest assured that u are in good hands. If really need to change gynae, best to do it before 20weeks? Cos I saw my gynae's charges, after 20weeks, i can choose to take a up a package that covers all the way to delivery.

Winkle, can try Fairprice Finest for sea salt.

Xuan, dun think too much, things will work out fine. Blood result out in 1 month's time rite?
So nice to see bb waving!! Hope I can get to see mine too soon
happy.gif

Lyn.. doc says can know results in a few days time. haha just wait n cross fingers lor..

it's really cute, i din realise it at 1st till my doc says tt bb raising up the hand n putting it down.. lol..

wah thirdtimemum ur bkf sounds very healthy! i dun have the habit of eating bkf, nowadays i just eat plain bread or biscuits to stop the hunger, not exactly very nutritious bkf i feel.. =x

HIV, syphillis, n a list of things tt the doc was rambling off.. i only managed to catch this 2 words. haha.. i think to check if got blood disorder also? he drew alot of my blood! i got a shock when i turned my head around after he was done.

3 tubes of blood is the norm. hahaha. usually they only need 2 tubes, the third tube is a spare tube in case not enough. i learned that when i was hospitalised two weeks ago. drew blood like 4 times, means 12 tubes of blood in total. gosh. haha.

Morning mommies!

Talking about food ah? I had a fried egg sandwich with mayo and chilli sauce. feeling sick just thinking abt it. :p

Xuan, u did ur Oscar test already ah? u are in ur 11-12th week?

Ankh, woah curry cabbage a lot of wind no? i had 2 ladyfingers from my mom's curry fish.. ended up throwing everything out.. sigh.. when will this end?

SN, actually those tubes are 2-5ml only.. looks a lot but it isn't haha..

xuan &amp; SN> <font color="0077aa">I made the bf myself, not 爱心早餐 by hubby</font><font color="0077aa">I don't like white bread which is soft, prefer coarser ones like 12 grains/9grains/multi grains, I think I 苦命. I don't like to drink milk, but quite like cheese, so hopefully can get calcium from it, like the melted cheese effect. Sometimes, I will cook rolled oats + egg white + sea salt + coarse black pepper (taste like porridge), my hubby is the health conscious one, he eats oat + egg white + brown sugar every single morning, rarely eats meat and fried stuffs</font>

haha ya looks alot, i've nv draw blood before, so was shock when i see so much of my blood. lol..

fuzzybear my Oscar test has been scheduled to be on 29 Apr at TMC. currently in my wk11..

thirdtimemum, ur bkf all sounds so 丰富 leh.. it is ur 爱心早餐 for ur bb lor.. hehe.. i dun drink milk n dun take cheese. abit worried abt where my calcium intake will come from.. other than from supplements tt my gynae gave me yest...

SN, my hubby bought the chap chye Ben at about 9, still quite warm when he brought back.

SN, fuzzybear, didn't notice discomfort from the curry leh cos rushed to hospital afterwards to get jab when I discovered bleeding. Anyway light curry la, didn't dare finish the rice. Some more after come back home hungry again, ate fried egg.

Lyn, if u eat 6 potatoes within 5 hours, guarantee no more potato craving haha!

Xuan, it's ok la. I sometimes eat only biscuits till lunch. My appetite only pick after lunch. Er, that's why can eat chap chye ben at 9 plus at night.

Third3timemum, your hubby's and your meals put all my meals to shame!

Huh Ankh, u are bleeding? everything ok? sounds like ur MS is almost gone. eating so well! i know cabbage has a lot of wind.. i personally hate it. :p

Xuan, ah i see.. u have to draw blood again for Oscar right? unless yesterday's one inclds it. my doc only does all these HIV testing in late 2nd trim..

Third3timemum, my goodness so healthy.. i feel guilty now.. i eat whatever i want, so long i can stomach it. :p

Xuan, take calcium fortified soya/oat milks. Got lactose free milk can find in packet milk section. Whole sardines also can. Must eat the bones for calcium. Dou gan (those more solid type of tofu) also good. Just search Internet for other calcium sources, and check eat with what foods to enhance calcium absorption. Yoghurt also manageable even for those who are lactose intolerant. Think got higher calcium content than cheese.

Xuan, wow so fast can know result! So good, no need to wait too long ;)

ankh, 6 potatoes in 5 hours...I CMI! haha I ordered fries yesterday and the day before...cannot finish. Hubby helped..heehee just need some a day to satisfy the craving.

Btw mummies, anyone taking Blackmore Pregnancy &amp; Breast-feeding Gold? Guardian having promotion now: $63.60 for 2 bottles (usual price $53 X 2) I'm still thinking whether to add this to my list of folic acid and NeuroGain PB

fuzzybear.. ya think oscars has another round of drawing blood. @_@

ankh i'm not lactose intolerant, but since young i dun drink milk n my mum made me n my siblings have phobia of cheese (nightmare experience when we were young. haha..) but thanks for the suggestion, i shld google for some alternatives of calcium rich food. at least i know i can take more dou gan n sardines. now i feel like eating sardines.. haha..

ya lyn.. luckily a few days only.. i impatient to wait too long. lol..

Fuzzybear, yeah lor, most likely cos I skipped my morning dose of duphaston on Sun n Mon. But saw my bb ultrasound last night, so active. Now look like swimming doggy style except upside down lol. Think my ms still yoyo-ing, but of course way better than 2, 3 weeks ago. Hee, I still have craving for soft mushy cabbage.

Xuan, did I start u on new craving lol!

hahaha ankh my cravings now are very weird 1.. i can crave for something now n 5 mins later i dun want to have it already. i'm mostly craving for junk food now.. like famous amos choc chip cookies!! =P

Hi all mommies! Congrats to all of you too!

Joining in... edd is 28 Nov. Second pregnancy...

Having really bad metallic taste in my mouth, producing large amount of saliva and stomach always churning... haiz Can't wait for first trimester to end

thirdtimemum, wah you are FTWM and you have time to make such a wonderful breakfast! pei fu leh. my breakfast is whatever i buy from my office building. haha.

fuzzybear, haha 2-5ml only ar? i never observe how they change the test tube when they finish filling up one leh. i always look away and before i know it, it's already completed and 3 full test tubes of grape juice looking liquid. haha. i think my HIV test and triple test will be conducted together, i recall the clinic nurse telling me during #1's time that it's so that they don't poke me twice. hehe.

ankh, wah, fried egg at midnight. sounds like your ms is really almost gone. to date i still dislike eggs. i used to love eggs alot but nowadays don't like anymore.

SN, i used to love eggs too. now when my hubby make hard boiled egg for me, i struggled to finish it cos he say got protein, good for baby. But i told him dun make anymore, i really cannot take it. just tinking of the hard boiled egg makes me wan to vomit!

welcome caels mom!

Thanks third3timemum!! will go cold storage and see if they have anot.. very busy at work recently..and tired and nauseous.. haizz..

i'm also like this. dun feel like drinking milk, eating veg or fish.
only intake meat and water or soyabean.. craving for all kinds of junk food - fries, burger .. >.< hope my taste will change in 2nd trimester leh..

SN><font color="0077aa">I am a easy recipe person, I slice tomato, put them in between 2 slices of bread, add a slice of cheese on top of tomato, put it into air fryer, and few minutes later, cheese melted and my bf is done. rolled oat can soak when you are awake, then boil it with egg white/black pepper &amp; salt for about 5-10mins, depending on how sticky you want it to be. use instant cook oats if you want it cook real quick.</font>

lynn, i think it's still better to eat junk food than to not eat at all due to nausea. i think anything that you can stomach during 1st trim is very good already. better than just eating air. hehe.

how's kayliz today?

Glad to see more mummies joining the thread. Congrats to all.

I guess all mummies have went to their 1st gynae visit. I have yet to see my gynae. I am so looking forwards to my 1st gynae visit and to confirm how many week is my pregnancy this Friday. At time, I am kind of paranoid whether I am really pregnant as I can't feel the baby's movement yet.

Wondering whether has any mummy show sign of her pregnancy bump?

Xuan, yesterday I ate one small brownie, think later I'll be eating another one. Now I have sweet tooth, salty tooth, savory tooth, porky tooth, spicy tooth lol.

SN, ms definitely less, but just now got too hungry had to eat crackers again to settle stomach. Still can't eat fish so die die got to eat egg for protein la. And I'm still scared of handling raw green veg. Just thinking about it is eeeeeeeeeks!

Ankh, don't play play pls! be guai and take ur meds!
happy.gif

Eh don't talk abt food leh.. the magic hr has come and I am starting to feel nauseated again. same time everyday.. just thinking of what to have for dinner is making me sick.. haizzz any suggestions?

Wenny, wah i admire ur perseverance man. gd luck for ur scan on friday. Surprisingly i m still abt to fit into my normal bottoms. for my 2nd preg, i had to swop to maternity bottoms by 8 wks. this time still ok prob because i m puking a lot more. i know how u feel.. sometimes when my MS seems to have diminished i become worried and wonder if i m still pregnant or not.

Eh! i think i really felt baby moving leh!

Hello mummies,

Last 5 days I was hardly online. Only managed to check FB for a short while. My #2 got high fever, #1 sore throat and I am down as well. Horrible trying to cope. MS so bad probably due to stress and lack of sleep. Luckily today my son seemed to be better.
happy.gif

I am eating a lot more, but my pants still seem lose. Quite worried about that little one in there. Hope he gets enough. I remembered for my #2, I need to change my pants quite early.

Now everything I eat, must have chilli. Sort of cover that metallic taste temporary.
happy.gif

Mummies, all jia you...

And i am happy to see a triplets in our Nov thread.
happy.gif

Fuzzybear, maybe bcos this is my 3rd pregnancy. In the past when I called my gynae clinic to make an appointment to see my gynae was told only to come for scan on week 8. Prior to that can go there to get some vitamins (e.g. folic acid, obimin, etc.) which I can also get from Guardian.

My MS also diminished but my taste bud remains bland. I have to either eat sweet or salty or spicy food. I'm worried eating too much of these sweet or salty or spicy food is not healthy. I try my best to endure.

To all mummies, pls take care. Yes, let's jia you together..

SN>yes I have a helper, but I like to make my own bf, only I know how I like the bf to be, in case she messed it up, hehe

Wenny Koh>I think my bump is not visible as no one suspect that I am pregnant, I am not the slim type, so got a lot of rooms in the tummy, usually can see only around 4-5months

Lyn, I'm taking the pregnancy gold frm blackmores. U may want to stock up for 2nd trimester/ after delivery when u bf. dun overkill!

hi november mommies
happy.gif
im a new mommy and im at my week 8. please add me to the list, thanks!
happy.gif

Nickname: polkadottie
Child #: 1
EDD: 26 Nov 2013
Doctor: Dr Eunice Chua
Hospital: Mount Alvernia Hospital

Back