(2013/11) November 2013

3xmum, haha. your gynae stricter than mine. Yours said 1kg/month, mine said 1.5kg/month. i actually think 2kg/month is more achievable. haha.

xuan, how's did ur appt goes. i dont think dr phua is very strict with weight gain as long as u are not overweight or diabetic. i gain 2.5kg within a mth and he think that its ok. its time for me to cut down my nite time snacks.

2jmum, welcome. congrats on ur amino result. i had a bad oscar and did a amino too. glad that everything turn out well. if you calculate from your LMP, it should be quite accurate. during scan my gynea will measure and there will be an estimate on the print out.

fuzzybear, hugz.. its tough handling maid issue. hope that you can get a replacement soon.

nursing pillow, i do find it quite useful as newborn spend a long time feeding. sometime they nurse every hr, so im quite dependent on it during the 1st month. it free up my hands so that i can check email or read a book. have anyone tried those 'C' shape nursing pillow? as good as breast friend?

Pinky: thanks for asking! gynae says my FA scan report is all good. feeling relieved, was laughing when gynae looked thru the report and kept saying "good good, looks good". lol..

RE: weight gain
at wk24 i gained 2.8kg since my wk20 appt! but surprisingly my gynae said good weight gain. when i asked wat's the optimum weight gain, he told me 0.5kg per wk, so 1 mth 2kg. different from third3timemum's gynae's advise leh. my total weight gain so far since the start of the preg is abt 6kg. i think still ok lah hor?

baby's weighing at 605g now! gynae said good weight. he kept saying good yest.. lol.. =D

surprisingly, my gynae is also 1 of those who advised to slp on the left side for better blood flow to baby leh. i thot my gynae quite un-conventional 1 so din expect this advise coming from him. my next appt is in 3 wks frequency instead of the usual 4wks le. is this common? i din expect the frequency of appts to shorten at this point of time also, not that i'm complaining since can see baby sooner too. hehe..

mummychua: saw ur msg after i posted mine. ya lor i realised dr phua not very strict with weight gain.. haha.. but i told hub not to let me indulge in too much snacks n nonsense food already. last wk we went out to have ice cream waffles at upp thomson road when i felt hungry (and greedy) at 10pm. hahaha... but other than that, i dun really overeat for lunch and dinner leh. hmmm...

shortly after i told hub tt i shld snack lesser, i asked him for a mango pudding. wahaha!! i felt quite horrified that i may reach 60kg by my next appt already. =(

good morning mummies...

fuzzybear, guess your hb behave this way cos if got new maid, he will lost his freedom. Men are like that. they dun wan too much changes to their life. you really treat your maid too nice until she doesn't know she good life.

I'm still in a discussion with my hb for a helper. he strongly refused to have one...

oh ya in the fb thread, some mummies are discussing to buy the jamu body wash and also getting shampoo from little dreamers. anyone here keen too? I'm consolidating orders for the west side mummies...

2jmum, sorry didn't say hi and welcome.. too mad this am.

Erm, actually ur LMP doesn't really tell u how old ur baby is. that's because u might take longer than other women to ovulate. Dating at 6 wks usually is the most accurate by ultrasound. as ur baby grow, it will be harder to get accurate measurements. even 0.5cm difference can change the EDD.

The dates given on the ultrasound machine is a normal distribution of healthy pregnancies. they collect the data from thousands of women and compute the average measurements for each body part. it is quite normal to have +/- 5 days difference off ur EDD for different body parts. don't just look at one body part and worry abt it. it is just like everyone of us have a different size of head/ arm length/ leg length.

Xuan, ya 2kg a mths is just about the average weight gain. It really depends on ur weight before u were preg. if u were already heavy to start, u cannot gain as much weight as another woman that was underweight before preg. Heavier moms shd only gain abt 8-10kg max, while underweight moms can gain abt 15-16kg. average women like us shd gain abt 12kg.

xuan, so nice to hear all good huh...
happy.gif

My FA is next Monday... so far I haven been diligently weighing myself for the past 3 weeks... hope no much weight gain since i'm still wearing my usual dresses for work.
but I can feel the tummy growing faster than my #1's time then. cos some shorts can't fit me anymore.

fuzzybear: my hub kept scaring me abt my weight gain until i googled n showed him that i am still within the acceptable range lor. irritating him. but i also dun want to gain too fast now cos i think 3rd tri will gain even more n faster. then again, not really within my control also right? i just have to try to stop using baby as excuse for all the sinful unhealthy supper (like ice cream, waffles etc). lol...

Febie: actually i'm still wearing my pre-preg pants, shorts, dresses to work. haha.. i dun have weighing scale at home so i only weigh myself at the clinic. dun want to stress myself over the weight also. i wait until appt time then stress, after that forget abt it, next mth then stress again. hahaha...

fuzzybear, how long has yr current maid worked for you? I think if she intends to leave, might as well leave now coz you still have enough time to get a new maid rather than after you deliver #3. my agent told me my Filipino maid will take abt 5 to 6 weeks to come over. yr hb is probably stressed over how to manage if maid suddenly quits so don't be too upset. calm down and discuss with hb on what to do next.

xuan, that's good...
I'm more worry for this pregnancy.
last pregnancy my pre preggy weight dropped drastically so i'm not worry abt the weight gain.
this time round, only drop 2 kg lor...

littleprince, your first myammar maid, can she speak english when she first arrived? did she have any prior working experience? I read on the papers the other day that Cambodia is a brand new market that they are exploring to bring maids from.

I haven have a maid before.
I understand Filipino ones cost the highest in the market. Can share about Myanmar?

pinky, even though KKH records my weight at every visit, my gynae never comment on it lol... as long as you are not diabetic and baby is of average size, I think don't have to stress yourself too much over it. Unless you are expecting to be less than pre-preg weight after delivery, then you may want to consciously control your weight. For my #1, I was seeing Dr Adrian Woodworth from TMC, and he also never monitor my weight since I started the pregnancy with normal weight and did not have diabetes or high blood pressure. I gained 25kg last pregnancy... and lost about 15kg within the first month! Most of the weight gain was due to the water retention, plus I had a lot of amniotic fluid, so most of the weight gain went away quite fast. I was almost back to pre-preg weight within a year, even though I didn't exercise much but I did bf, so bf really helps! Plus B's were quite big during bf'ing days, so some extra weight from there too lol... then again, too much weight gain will put more pressure on your feet and tend to get tired easily... so depends on individual too. And like what fuzzybear said, depends on you pre-preg weight range too.

fuzzybear, I think you did the right thing... it's not good to let the maid know you die die need her or she will try even more pattern next time. At least if you send her back now, you will have time to train new maid. My last maid was from Myanmar, not very auto but quite good with doing routine tasks that we set for her. She also slept earlier than me cos I took care of #1 myself during the night but she will ask me before going to her room to rest.

sbmummy, I also noticed that not many go to KKH in this thread. I guess it's because for normal pregnancy and if you want to choose gynae, KKH is actually more ex, plus long queues!

On package deals, should be more worth to buy from Robinsons if it's the same price if you have the member card since there are rebates!

morning mummies..

fuzzybear: can understand your frustration.. but i realise now having a maid sometimes its not really helpful at time.. my hub's friend have this maid when she first came she is really good.. and we are happy for him to have such a good maid.. but recently there is a change in her attitude.. she normally will come and say hi to us.. now she dun even bother to greet when we go over to their house.. now he headache and he might just send her back if her attitude remain

RE: weight gain
xuan dun worry.. your hub not the only one.. my hub everynight will remind me one.. yesterday i tell him i cant see my toes liao.. dan he point out to me my tummy will eventually become how big.. =.=

this morning when i was on the way to office my tummy didnt feel good.. duno why also.. lucky after taking some warm water it got better.. getting abit paranoid over all these little little things..

lunch time soon mummies!!

Pink, is at a pram booth selling mixture of brands even Quinny. $199 TechnoXT was on display grey color older model. Another TechnoXT $299 for newer TechnoXT model red color. I asked them to bring it down to try it out but the promoter seem to be very fresh and know nothing abt the stroller. Asked her what's the diff between the old and new, she said only the mechanism at the side...

I also bought the wash clothes from Shear which was on offer $3 per pack of 5. So glad i found this as this was my favourite previously.

SN, she could speak English but i wouldn't even rate her command of English as Average.
happy.gif
But if you speak very slowly to her and get her to repeat what you said (i gave her a notebook to write down), she was quite ok. usually for Myanmar maids, if bio data says English is good, it means average and if says average, it means poor! she has worked before in SG so considered experienced but she couldn't cook our local food, i had to teach her which she picked up very quickly. but she cooked quite nice Myanmar food.

Febie, my agent says Myanmar and Filipino maids cost around the same now, btw $450 - $500 depending on experience. Indonesian maids have high shortages.

@fuzzy, cool down. Your maid seem to be enjoying life sia sleep so early. I had maid since 15 years ago. Chatted with many mummies abt maids. Always feel that good life maid tends to not appreciate and ask for more. Tougher life maid will accept that's their duty and work on. Maybe some mummy doensnt agree but that's how i feel. After since my 7 years maids left for good, had changed 2 maids (both indo expect good life in Sin) until I got the current who is working into 4th year with me. Many maids these days are not humble anymore but here to enjoy life. I can't stand this kind of maid and would actually send them back straight not even considering letting them to transfer....

sound like a bad employer huh.... :p

Xuan,
To b frank, i have nt been looking at steriliser bundle aft i bought mine during #1's time. I think alot of ladies here have been chking on steriliser bundle packages esp for 1st time mummies, mayb u wanna chk with them?? 

Kayliz,
The package u gotten then was v reasonable. I guess like u mentioned coz they building portfolio. TSL price has increased alot over the years!! 2008 i only paid like $80 or $100 for the package and i paid $200 to get all photos back in softcopy and they still give 1x8r and 5x5r. 2011 i paid $200 for package and $250 for all photos back in softcopy. This yr gonna be the most ex yr i ever have with them.

Plush,
Welcome =) hmm..i didnt give u the ID link, just the company name. Have fun with Id for ur home =)
To me i have taka card so i can accumulate member points in exchange for taka vouchers plus free delivery of the items when i purchase a certain amt. i believe most promo for pigeon, huggies and avent sld be pretty standard among all the fairs. Just tat i get to enjoy the points at taka than at the fairs at expo. And based on my personal experience with attending babyfairs in expo, i usually end up nt buying anything or buying nthing much. So i dun wan to waste time and effort going so many fairs but rather consolidate whatever i need and get from taka. Since taka fair is also quite big scale and have most of wat i need. I dun buy clothes like rompers from baby fair also. I usually get during mothercare sales or i ship over directly on my own. Even if u are nt a taka member the sales is also open to u. And when u purchase $200 n above can ask for free delivery. This is something u wldnt get from expo fair no matter how much u buy. The only thing tat got me excited enuff to go baby fairs has so far been to sign up for sean lau ps =p and also i have friends who bought the playmat from smallsmallworld during the expo fairs. http://www.smallsmallworld.com/ i have 2 of these playmats and i highly recommend them =)
As for members, u can just go to their customer service to sign up for the member card. Go if u wan a credit card, can chk out dbs taka card. This card also allows u to enjoy 10% during taka sales and points accumulation like their normal member card.

Fuzzybear,
Aiya, 2kg only. Its v little le. No wonder ur gynae is nt concern abt the gain. So far i have gained 4kg and my gynae also nt consider as i was underweight to begin with. Somemore u mentioned u have no prob slimming dwn so ur gynae lagi wld be nagging u for any weight gain la =)
I managed to wean her off last mth. Just tat everyday she will ask to latch on still.
Aiyo. Take care babe. Woes of having a maid but i think ur hb sldnt defend her infront of u. She will get more daring. Cld also be ur hb is worried tat the maid may do something to the family/kids if u tell her u rather send her away than keep her also. So wat u intending to do nw? Send her away?

Ankh,
U are under phase 2a2? My turn to reg next yr but i am monitoring this yr reg as well. Keke.

Mummychua,
I nv use any nursing pillow. At hm i just use the normal pillow. Outside i just find chairs with armrest else i just bfeed as per normal without pillow.

Xuan,
Dun worry so much. My gynae is one of those nt concern abt weight gain. Even when i gained 20kg during my #1's time he also says its ok and tat i will eventually lose it. Just a matter of time and how determine i am.

J2mum,
Welcome to the thread. We share the same gynae =)
Is prof tee concern abt the size of ur #2? Cld be #2 just genetically smaller la. Coz my #2 also v v small size, smaller than avg. Both the edd he gave me n from machine is the same.

2jmum, welcome here!

Mummychua, oh didn't know Manduca can be used from newborn. Then it's quite worthwhile to get it. As for nursing pillow, if not getting my Brest friend, then get something firm. After my old Brest friend pillow gave out at six months, I bought another C shaped one which was too soft to support baby.

Fuzzybear, I also believe you're doing the right thing in letting go of the maid. Once an employee's heart thinks of quitting, not easy to get him/her to stay on. Some more your maid seems to be getting manipulative. That's a little scary when you've got small kids around.

SN, yum! Ice cream! I want too.......... But my stomach will give me nonsense ggrrrrrrrrrr.

Val, wah, this year's phase 2A quite scary for the top most popular schools. Will you join the school alumni? Yep, reg ytd under 2A2. Luckily my old school will probably never get balloting at 2A2 lol.

Baby carriers - I nv put my bb in a baby carrier until she was able to support her neck on her own even though some carriers are suitable for newborns. She was always in a sarong sling.
i've tried Combi, Ergo, Baby Bjorn and Beco and my fav is Ergo organic. Will most prob get that again as i am used to it. I carried my gal in it till she was 2.5 yrs.
I sold my previous one which was a preloved coz i wanted to get the designer ergo. Hahaha!

Fuzzybear: same concern as u regarding the pump. Local set of FS is so exp~! But i think if i were to get my PISA checked and told to replace some parts that cost more than $100, i guess i will just get a US set FS.
Coz if i repair my PISA i still need to get new spare parts & bottles as the last time i used them was 3 yrs ago.. dunno got mould or not! Add up the cost might as well top up for a new set.

Nursing pillow: Tried My Breast Friend before when i visited the LC at TMC.. It's gd leh. But kinda ex.. I got a cheapo one, Cheeky Bon Bon for my #1 at $29.90 if i rem correctly.
Of coz not so atas with velcro and buckles.. but still gd enough for me & for those on a budget. When the bb is older, can sit or lie in it. Looks like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rAu1buFwNmk/TtT5wtkRq9I/AAAAAAAAAdw/Akj-sYfE-pw/s640/DSC03487.JPG

Val: yes! Now i cannot find such gd deal liao.. TSL has been in the market for so long & every mth also advertise in baby magazine one. I like their style too but they are so popular that almost every mummy i know goes to them, so i wanted to try something new. The one i just enquired yesterday costs $300 for maternity and $500 for newborn, both studio. So ex!

Sigh.. i still annoyed. Maid confirmed this am she wants to leave so we will start hunting over the wkend.. i dun wanna keep her at all if she wants to leave.

Val, ya my hb always think we need to close one eye cos she helps with the kids and prep my kids meals. When i leave for work, my hb will still be aslp so he leaves the maid to take care of them while he slps lor. this morning he dun dare liao, woke up early to take care of the kids. but the truth is my hb just refuses to do housework. he does the dishes once a day. if can he will wait until i buay tahan and wash it myself. he doesn't mind seeing dirty dishes in the sink or clothes piles up in buckets. he can wash clothes and leave it in the washing machine the whole day cos he is too lazy to take them out and hang them.

Kayliz, u can wash and sterilise all ur spare parts and bottles so dun really have to change them. may be bottles because u store milk in them. i have not change my funnels, but i did change connectors.

BTW the winter clothings are out on sale on Carters already. last day of sale is tmr.. so better grab while u can.

Hello Mummies, I will be going for my gynae appointment later.

I have been having very frequent braxton hicks contractions...and they always occur at night around 1 hour before my sleep. This has been happening almost daily for the recent 2 weeks.

yesterday i can't sleep at all, because the moment I lie on the bed (be it was position) the contractions will start and my uterus will harden very prominently.

I do not feel any pain, but i am just very worried for my baby... will this impact the baby? and what may happen to me? :<

Thanks little prince and other mummies for sharing about the maid...

welcome j2mum.

kayliz, if you have all the bottles, and like storage etc, maybe just get the loose items like pump, tubing, spare part kits and funnels... dunno all these add up to $520 for an export set. maybe you can check this seller on BP as I always order spare parts kits from her if needed.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/8368423.html?1373939160

another option is for those mum getting local set, can use your old PISA for trade in...
you can earn $40* to cover your new purchase.
and they still get it at the same price, provided they dun mind.

trade in PISA is $40 right?? cant rem... briefly read thru this morning.

thx for the info, Febie...

just to ask again, is it ok to reuse the bottles? i tried to google for answers and it seems to say that if it is a BPA free bottle and there is no warping or any form of damage then the bottles are generally safe for reuse. I have tons of medela storage bottles &amp; avent newborn bottles, and they are very new! i only threw the teats away.

Ankh,
Yes, saw the report and its really scary!! Just phase 2a and its already so intense. Some parents wan moe to review priority for alumni coz cldnt get a slot for those popular sch. Imagine those born in the yrs of dragon,even more intense n fierce competition for vacancies.
I signed up as alumni last year =P

Kayliz,
I do not reuse milk or water bottles tat were used previously by the older kid. I prefer to get brand new one
Agree. Based on poses u know if taken with tsl or nt. their poses so overused. Lol. Even when my friends self take maternity ps or go to other studios, i spotted a few similiar poses; esp the heart shape over the tummy pose!

Fuzzybear,
Guys more "relax" when it comes to housework. Mayb ur hb thinks tat got maid, maid will do. No maid u will do. Sometimes u just have to tell them wat u nd them to do else it wldnt be done.

Arrisa,
So long as nt a few times in a shrt period of time says 1 hr sld be ok. U double chk with ur gynae since u have apptment later.

Kayliz, I think my second nursing pillow is the same as the pic u posted. Did it work well for you? Cos I found it very soft, and baby sinks in too much.

Fuzzybear, er, anyway to convince your hubby to do laundry completely? No need for perfection, just get them clean and dry. I see my hubby do it chop chop, anyhow fold n stuff into drawers, still achieves objective. Actually got pile of cleaned but unfolded clothes building up in our room now hehe. Can always go into disposable plates and cutlery when no maid, n get part time maid to come in meanwhile for other major chores.

Val, good move signing as alumni!

Fuzzybear>I think maids will changed to be worst when they worked closed to end of 2 years contract. mine is Filipino, when she started working, she woke up at 5+am , and when she washed my kids bottles, tupperwares, she will pay attention to the caps, because I taught her to use toothpicks for those hard to reach places. I told her she doesn't need to wake up too early, because my #1 was in Primary school across my house, so maybe 6am is ok.

These days, even though she goes to the bedroom around 9pm+, with alarm, sometimes she still cannot wake up at 5:20am, (now my son has to leave for school 6am), I have to wake up at 5:20am too , and make sure my son is awake. There was once, my hp alarm failed , and I didn't wake up, only to be awaken at 8am, and found my son still sleeping, I asked my maid why she didn't wake him up for school, she said she tried 3 times, and he still doesn't want to wake up, I told her no matter what, he needs to wake up, and that she can always knock on my door and inform me, I suspect she herself also woke up late, that's why she did not dare telling me.

Recently, when I wash the bottles/tupperwares, I realized the caps are black!!

Its really difficult to close one eye, when I told her that she did not clean the tupperwares/bottles/ sometimes even plates/utensils, she didn't even act like she made a mistake!When she was here not long, she said she forgot to bring her glasses, so I brought her to make a pair, but I never seen her use it in the day at all, only seen her when she's in the bedroom, at night, looking at her hp!

I also that type who cannot tahan basin with dishes, if I cook, I will wash up immediately, those plates which I do not need to use, my hubby is the opposite, and will messed up the cooking area, if he were to cook (think its from my mil)

There are really too many things to complain about them, if my expectations are high.

Arissa: i started having braxton hicks very early.. about 17 weeks.. at first i thought my bb was changing position.. but no..hahaha.. i juz checked with my gynae ytd.. she said as long it's not regularly is fine..i get it few times a day.. even when im walking or seating..

and i gained almost 6kg from day 1 till now.....

ankh: it works fine for me.. i will sit crossed legged, put a big pillow on top of the nursing cushion to prop it higher at my chest, and latch. At least i will have my hands free.

Kayliz, since it's storage bottle only, then can reuse. I also reusing my bottles but getting 4 new ones hoping that my supply will will be power this round hahaha...

febie, $40 trade in price is for Medela electric plus. i think trade in price for PISA is higher. i am not sure if they take in old pumps and pay without the need to buy a new pump from them. will need to check further on this.

arissa: maybe you can check with your gynae when you have appt.. i asked mine and he told me not to stimulate it more by rubbing it.. cos he say it might become contraction.. so he told me to relax and unless it comes contraction then i will have to rush to him.. hahaha maybe keep yourself relax.. sometimes i still have it but i will tell baby to keep cool..
happy.gif

just finished my appt.. gynae said i gained too much this month-3kg.. have to cut back.. sigh..i nv really snack.. just ate proper 3 meals and reduced yoga activities and the weight is pounding on with vengence..
anyway my gynae just continue to ask me monitor my contractions.. he thinks may be baby movement but i think otherwise...

winkle.. i also gained 6kg from my pre pregancy weight..but my gynae very strict with weight gain..boo
Xiaober.. ya! i realized if i touch it, my tummy will contract more... Now i try to ignore it.. my gynae confirmed that it wil not harm the baby but have to keep a look out.. if too much he might prescribe me medication to relax the contractions.

Fuzzybear > Thanks for asking Febie about th Diabetes blood test. I've done with the test and I don't have diabetes hehe. So happy but I have to control sugar intake too just in case. I think i am the odd one out where mummies were saying the glucose is gross but to me it's kinda yummy haha...maybe I was too thirsty that time cos cannot drink plain water before the test.

Mawanab > I have signed up the prenatal class with Ms Fonnie too! Same day and time as yours hehe...first class will be at 3rd August.

RE: weight
So far I have gained around 5+ kg and gynae said the weight gain is ok.

Sometimes I do feel my tummy suddenly harden and I go and sayang my tummy, and the area went soft after that. I thought I am touching my bb...or isit a Braxton Hicks? Got twice when my tummy was harden, I can even feel there is something poking out like I am touching somewhere of my bb's part like her leg...my hubby felt it too. Anyone encountered this?

I am looking forward for the taka fair. I have took leave on 26 to shop!

Oh yah, I am targeting to buy manduca as well. My friend said the manduca is good. Her bb always sleep inside the carrier whenever she brings her bb out.

Fuzzybear > Congrats on ur good scan result too. Hope your blood clot will go away soon.

Febie, can i check with you regarding the confinement body wash? actually they mentioned so many types, so which type u bulk ordering for west mummies?

Thank you for the warm welcome from mummies here. this thread is going so fast that i m a little overwhelm. now most of u r toking abt the nursing pillow, am now considering to get one.

Val, how do u know the weight of bb? i dont see it in the scan print out and i also dont see any edd calculation.

Thanks fuzzybear for the info and advise. am thinking coz my period interval was pretty long, ard 41 days &amp; i could not recall if i told this to gynae. and regards ur maid, u need to chill, really havinga mais need to one eye open one eye close and dont take it too hard. not worth to lose our cool over them.

sbmummy., i also dont like milk from powder. last pregnancy i did take but this time slack and thinking no need but now knew that bb too small, looks like have to force myself to take again.

for me, @ 21 weeks, i gain so far 3kg, is it too little?

btw, i m not sure if all of u knows there is clearence sale at BHG@bugis junction. there is this mini bb fair on the 3rd level. is worth to take a look
happy.gif

Winkle, ur 6kg is taking into consideration the weight u lost during 1st trim? I recall u were having v bad ms, so should have lost a few kgs.

Gd morning mommies... have been working really long hrs so kinda stoned.

Arissa, i get Braxton Hicks too. so long as it is not more than 4 contractions per hr, my gynae says its ok. anymore than that i have to see him. Happened to me once when i was carrying #2 and my BH contractions were coming at 7 mins interval. had to drive myself to the hospital to be monitored and could see that the contractions were coming but very irregular so doc told me to rest! stress might play apart too. Ur gynae is strict abt weight! my col was with ur doc and she gained 17kg! plus she wasn't really slim to start with. nv heard her complaining.. when i saw the amt she was eating, it was pretty scary.

Val, after quarreling many yrs over housework, i have learnt to TELL my hb what i want him to do but he still won't do it. he has been pampered by his mom lor.. he drinks coffee and leaves the cup everywhere and his mom would have to hunt for them. after he change his clothes, he leaves it on the floor and his mom will pick it up for him.

Kayliz, i change my bottles 6mthly.. pumping storage bottles, i try and change it yearly but i m not as diligent for that because i don't really heat up milk in it. I have read that once there are scratches on the plastic, the plastic under the protective coat will leach out, especially when heated. That's why i change feeding bottles more regularly.

Thirdtime3mum, ya i find maids tend to slack towards the end when they have been here for a bit. Familiarity breeds contempt. My maid has been with me for 2 yrs+. in fact i just renew her contract in June and sent her back for her holiday in May (when i had my bleeding episodes). on her flights back, i still bother to order food for her and let her choose her dishes! actually in Feb we didn't want to renew her contract, but i became preg so no choice but to let her continue. sigh...

Winkle, where have u been? hardly see u around leh.. busy shopping? wahahaha..

SY, the glucose drink is yummy? really! u are the first to say so.. i have heard the first few mouths are ok.. but towards the end it will be too sweet! glad that u clear ur test! Ya that tummy hardening is Braxton Hicks.. try changing ur position to one that allows u to curl up or curl to the side. works for me.. lying flat will make it worse.

Good morning mummies...

Hi Kris,
we are getting the following from mama online store for body wash:
lemongrass showergel.
http://www.mamaonlinestore.com/shop1/13-family-care-confinement-care

For little dreamers, http://www.littledreamers.com.sg/catalog.html
a few options:
-warming shampoo
-healing bottom spray

or anything you wanna get from both sites can also be consolidate together.

For westie mummies, I will be away this evening and back on Tuesday. Will follow up on tues when I'm back. do give me time ok?

good morning, mummies!

I just did a quick online shopping spree this morning to get some carters PJ for baby! :p

febie, any difference in price if we get it directly from their shop in AMK?

fuzzybear>
I also just renewed her contract in May, after 2 years. She said she want to earn more money before she go back for home leave, and asked me to keep the money for airticket for her. She has been taking cash for her salary every month, I told her to start a bank account the moment when she has $1000, but she said she need to send $ back, as she borrowed $ to come here to work, so I just leave it, but I will asked her to sign on a paper, whenever she takes salary.

Now she has off days every Sunday, she told me she can stay if I need her.

I also thought of not having a helper, since my #2 goes to childcare, and now having #3, so I think I need someone to help, because my mum is still taking care of my nephew

When I just got to know hubby, his whole family will drink coffee, eat bananas, and just leave everything on the coffee table to let insects come, not each one bring to the sink! My family is the opposite, my mum kept the house very neat and clean, so when he came to our house and did what he did, my bro complain to me, so I told him about it. It took him sometime to change for the better, we known each other since 1992, and now he will bring his mugs/plates etc to the basin, and will not leave banana skins on the coffee table anymore, but my mil still didn't change, she will leave her used tissue on my sofa, coffee table, she does the same in her house, and she doesn't have a helper.

She asked my helper to go to her place to help her clean, esp like before CNY, and if her tenant moved. I told her before that this is illegal, and that the helper can complain to MOM, then she compared the helper from her neighbor's house, that she need to go to 3 places everyday, sometimes, I gave up explaining to her, useless. She said I treat my helper so good, she will not complain.

Recently she asked again, so I told my helper, but I told her I know its not right, helper also said she may get sent back, if found out.The day when she has to go over, my #2 fell sick.

Then I think she asked my SIL's helper, as I never heard from her again.

Sorry for babbling so much early in the morning

From Mummys Market

Morning Mummies!

Mummys Market is organising a Baby Fair in Oct with 100 plus exhibitors participating making it probably the largest Baby Fair in the 2nd half of 2013

We want to make sure you have an excellent shopping experience so do let us know if there are any type of products you are looking for so we can try to make sure Baby Market has a large variety for you to choose from!

Meanwhile, To be updated via email on Baby Market's Star Buys and be reminded, please register at http://a.pgtb.me/Qf9FRq

Hmm.. was thinking for the shampoo/body wash maybe we can start a list here for everyone. categorize by product &amp; area.. then those who wants to purchase just add on to the list.. 1 of us can place all orders &amp; at the same time, ask for bulk discount. Then the mummies in charge of the areas meet to collect &amp; distribute..

But not sure if it works, as some mummies might have already ordered?

Back