(2013/10) October 2013

Hi Elya!
Yay we're a quarter done now! haha
I cant wait to go into second trimester & hope all the vomiting stop.
Right now im just like a vomit machine, vomit after every meal
sad.gif

cayenne, ya lor.. no MS i pray for MS.. coz very paranoid as dun feel preggie. only prove is the growing tummy.

the first trimester screening i'm going for on 08Apr is the Oscar test. KKH called it differently. doing it at 13wks.

stella, elya, so envy you
happy.gif

Now I am afraid, seem my MS subsides ... hope my baby is doing fine.. can;'t wait for my next appointment
sad.gif

Yes Stella. I cant wait for second tri too! I reaaally hope to feel better. Now with my wisdom tooth acting up I feel uncomfortable all day long.

Babychole

Nw she dnt fall sick very often but still will. I guess still have to wait a while till her immunity is built up hope it wont take long else very poor thing her both baby and parents...

Initially I almost wanna give up and remove her from cc but after discussimg with my hubby we jus close 1 eye and endure and nw close both eyes haha

Hi girls! the thread is indeed going v fast....

bbChloe, im 9w today... my ms has more or less subsided n i dun have other symptoms n hence my worry cos feel so normal. so i went to gp for a scan ytd n saw the littleone lying comfortably inside. bb is 20.9mm... so bluberi, comparing to yours, mine is even smaller! but my gp say ok.....

anyway, is anyone down w cough n has seen a gp? what med are u prescribed w? im having v bad cough n my gp prescribed me Dhasedyl+ventolin..... i checked online it says cat 3 med for preg meaning it may harm bb, i didnt dare to take n went back to ask gp again n was told its ok but i still dun dare drink and still coughing v badly. anyone knows what cough syrup i can buy over counter or any solution to ease my cough?

Elya, you must be feeling really uncomfortable! Lets pray hard that we will get better each day!!

Anyway Mummies, im still thinking if i should do the oscar test. My hus think that we're still young so dont need do & if really any problem he will still want to keep the bb. My mum think that since the test result is not accurate also no point doing. What should i do?
I belong to the think too much kinda. Do or dont do i also scare
sad.gif

Sigh

Mummies..
I just went toilet. and saw some brown stains on my panties. After wiping, toilet paper also have some.. is it ok de??

Cos for my 1st 2 gals i dont have this staining at all. Tml is my gynae appt liao, so im waiting for tml n tell gynae.. Meanwhile i consume the sabutomal that gynae prescribed for me as he said is like "an tai yao".

Kayliz : U keep having brown discharge?

Littlefren, we are seeing same gynea. ytd, prof tee said bb should be 28mm and i abit worried when i see bb measured 24mm. since he said ok then i guess is ok ba. hope our bb continues to grow well. u going for the first trimester screening?

i'm wondering if i can move my next appt forward to same day as the first trimester screen.. later i call KKh check.

Blurblur: ya.. since 1 week after i got positive i always get brown discharge, only in the evenings..for my #1 also same case.
But for #1 i was told it was old blood.. this time round i went to a different gynae.. he was worried so he put me on 1 week bed rest with utrogestan.
Eventually i still went to work since im doing office job and i dont move around much.
i did a lot of research, many says brown discharge is ok because it is old blood from ur cervix.
As long as no bright red or bad cramping it should be fine. But this nv fails to worry me.

Oscar test - some of u really noble.. if u decide to keep the bb no matter what then u can skip the test.
For me i will definitely do it. At least i can make plans or arrangements to the pregnancy if test result is not optimistic.

same as kayliz, i think if my OSCAR test result no gd, i will go for those amino test.. if still not gd, i think i wont keep... feel tt bringing bb to this world is unfair to him/her as the road ahead will be difficult..

n yes, if regardless of result u will still keep bb, then no point doing all those tests..

Hi bluberi, oh yes, we hv the same gynae! Yes yes, I will be taking the first trimester screening aka DS test. Our edd also quite close, mine is 15 oct. my next appt is on 19 mar, tog w blood test, then 5 apr for first tri screening. I rem last time if I have scans for test, gynae won't see me since bb is already scanned. They try to space it out. U chk if its the case for u.

Littlefren, i tink during my #1 it was also like this. tink i too kancheong to see bb le.. lolx.. but i do remembered last time the 5mths detailed scan was scheduled on the same day as gynea appt.

Hi all, I was placed on 3 weeks MC (still on it) cos I had spotting almost every week since week 6 though only small amount. Sometimes it is brown, pink and even red and I did have cramps too . Been trying to rest a lot but super bored lying down so have been checking my mails and clearing work. Am on 3 dosage of Duphastron daily. Thankfully baby is good. Last check at week 8, growth is 20mm & 166bpm.. Anxiously waiting for my next appt this Fri.

As for Oscar, I am going for mine on 28 Mar when I am 12 weeks. I will be keeping the BB no matter what so not sure if I really wanna go through the anxiety but problem is I am 36 so it's like a MUST to do right ?

Baby Chloe,

my boys attended CC once they were 18 months, falling sick is part of the process i guess.. =)My elder boy started with half day but always fall sick every 2 - 3 days...for more than 3-4 months he continued, until 1 day he had very bad tummy pain & had to be admitted and i started to think that it may be the environment of the sch, withdrew him and he rested at home for a few months as that time i just gave birth to my #2.. so I decided to change his sch, at 28 months, he went to his current sch and he adapated real well and didn't fall sick frequently. So i knew it must be his previous sch's environment that is unhygienic.. Later on, my #2 joined him too.. seldom fall sick but i must mention that he fell sick frequently when he was very young cos korkor will be sick & bring the germs back.. i quarantine #2 but not much use... So i guess if kids are to fall sick when they are younger, they will eventually get used to the illness/ germs and not get sick so easily later on as they grow older..

Stella,

discuss with ur hb and decide what you both wants bah.. everyone have different views but i agree with what kayliz and cayenne said, if really no matter what you will keep baby, den skip it..

little fren,
my last 2 pregnancies when I'm sick I go back to my gynae and he prescribe me with the medications & i feel safe when i take it cos I know what he gives would be safe for both baby n me.. =)

I am still having very bad MS.. threw up 8 times yesterday.. so far, are there anything you ladies can't smell or take?

cayenne,

The nanny charges 1.2k for both boys..timing is around 7-7pm but we only drop boys around 8pm and nanny is actually v understanding on the fetching back part. sometimes due to jam or heavy rain, we only reach at 8pm. She is still ok. Some nanny is v calculative as in strictly must fetch back by 7pm. The nanny for my boys is only 40 yo, thus she got the energy to tc my twins single handedly...She has been a nanny for many years since 32. I would not say she is perfect, but so far she is ok. She will also whats app me boys progress of the day esp if they are sick...but if one of my boy is hving high fever, I will definitely take care myself...other normal sickness like flu, cough etc I will just send over...Before endorsing medicine she will call or whats app me which I requested.

The nanny washes their clothes/towels also. She actually wanted to washes their bottles but cos I am still sterilising so everyday I will bring 2 bottles there every morning and bring back every night to wash myself. Actually I also worried she uses MaMA lemon to wash la...hehe...

We needs to provide the daily necessities....in fact I provide almost everything..

Its better to get a not too old nanny cos some v old nanny will insist on their own way and dun listen to our instructions at times...Also better to get those from word of mouth instead of thru agency...Look out on the environment, whether there is mahjong table at home cos some nanny will pay mahjong while babysitting your kids...Other small things like watching TV etc, gotta close 2 eyes la...

To me as long as my boys are not hurt v badly is ok to me. no bad falls etc...small small knocks etc are inevitable...

I would also prefer their children to be more grown up also...Hope these helps
happy.gif

kayliz, I also hv discharge!!! Its clear and sticky and occasionally I will feel itch also
sad.gif

Flower, how long your kid in CC already? I am worried about logistics part. Think falling sick is part and parcel of growing up and part of package being in CC
happy.gif

Littlefren,
Any cough syrup safe for babies is safe for preggers also. U can try Prospan. Can get off the shelf from pharmacy or Watsons. I am 10 weeks tomorrow. MS also better for today but still monitoring...My oscar test is only in early April! And till then, no check ups..LOL..

Stella, Oscar test is not 100% accurate...if u all will keep the baby no matter what then really no point doing...Just enjoy your pregnancy... I am the practical and "in control" type. I prefer to know the result and touchwood, prepare for anything or any decisions...If my oscar fails, I also will not opt for amnio...I will seek 2nd opinion at Camden with Prof Ananda for a detailed scan...

lilprecious, I agree...falling sick is part of the process in building up immunity...its ok for me for them to hv small illnesses as and when...my worry is no backups if I can't apply leave...my company not v pro family
sad.gif

I can't stand perfume smell nowadays..Will gag when I smells it....grrrr...

By the way, mummies, care to share which CC u sent your kiddos to? Fully aircon or fan? What's the ratio like?

Any comments on Montessori or Carpe Diem?

My gal's cc is just a normal child care beside my block located in a church. Not pcf but private cc.

It's non aircon and very spacious there thus is what I like and they have their indoor playground and a big canteen for the kiddos. Ventilation is good so kids don't fall sick easily unlike the pcf below my block i can see its very cramp inside and those fully aircon cc not very good for the kids also if one sick spread very fast in aircon

blessedmummie11: I have food aversion and cant eat chicken or even the sight. I will want to puke. My nose is also super sensitive, any strange smells will trigger nausea.

Your gynae entertain you when you fall sick? I just checked with my gynae, told me can just go GP, no need to see him
sad.gif

bluberi/kaylizL: I also have milky/white and sticky discharge. Sometimes a little greenish

My last scan in week 7. Told to go back 4.5 weeks later for OSCAR scan. Is this normal? I feel wait abit long...

morning, mummies.

Sillygal: for my #1 and this preg, i dont have MS. but once in a while when i smell certain things, i will feel like vomitting.

for me the sight of raw chicken or smell makes me wanna puke.

i also must quickly eat or drink something after i brush my teeth. if the toothpaste taste linger in my mouth for too long, it makes me want to vomit too..

hi littlefren,
please go see another gp.
i had a bad cough when i just tested positive..
i went to my gp...i actually took my regular cough syrup Dhasedy lthe night before.
she told me, i should not take that. that harms the baby.. cant remember exactly wat she said but something like constricting baby's airway..
then she prescibed me a whole range of medicine (cat 1) that is safe for pregnant ladies..
she also told me that i need to se a doctor whenever i am ill now.
cannot anyhow take medicine. i duno why your gp gave u Dhasedyl. my gp told me it's not safe.

brushing teeth seems to be the only time i will vomit.. same case as kayliz.

silly me didn't note that today is one of the given 5.5 cc closure date and brought my gal to cc. saw the cc closed and my gal cried for her friends. had to take urgent leave as my mum is going out for part of the day, can't look after her the whole day. gotten work from home.

Dr tham gave me the bad news yest. my bb isnt developing. heh 2 time in a row.. i guess i'll take a break and see how. =)

its been nice knowing u all for a short time. all the best in ur journey!

wenz,
your company allow u to take 3 weeks mc?
i thought we only have 14 days mc a year? how to take 3 weeks mc?
Thanks

chinzilla,
sorry to hear that..
ya.. do take a break. let your body rest. cheer up pal!
all the best to u :)

thanks babychloe, very useful advices for sourcing nanny. think gotta start ask ard if there's any recommended nanny in pasir ris area.

regarding cc, my #1 goes to MMI at pasir ris. non-aircon environment. they focused more on classroom education than play, which i dun think my boy likes. but i like them for the fact tt they are strict in disciplining the kids. some CCs i see tt they are quite relax with the kids (e.g. letting the kids bring their pillow/bolster/pacifier etc to class even when the kids grow up to N2/K1).

sillygal, when i saw my gynae last sat, i was 8wk3d preg. my next appt is 4 wks later when i'm in my wk 12. think wk 12 is the time to go for OSCAR test, so u go back 4.5wks later for OSCAR shld be timely bah..

on food, i hate the thought n sight of prawns. feel unwell just to think/see/eat them in watever ways they are cooked.
sad.gif
now the tot of it wants to make me puke liao.. :x

Hi Yunzz, my 3 weeks is effectively 15 working days so i will take 14 days MC and another day annual leave. If need be, I will continue to be on leave till end March cos baby is more important to me so just take no pay leave if needed.

anyway, I am reading mails from home everyday so my team can reach me as per normal . Have been logging in to work everyday from 830am just like normal ...hahaha

Actually for my condition, I visited the gynae almost every week and have taken scans at week 5,6,7 & 8. Kinda exp but then again ... money is immaterial at this stage . Have to strengthen my body and ensure baby is safe.

Chinzilla.. sad to hear that. Pls take care. *hugs*

Was feeling very nauseous and dizzy .. i went to the doc and given MC.
Feel so bad. Already took 3 days past 2 weeks. Now take again. Fri i on leave.

I still having 1 week workshop at month end which i have yet to prepare my presentation slides and a biz trip to Manila after that.
I wonder if i can take it.
sad.gif

So far only my big boss knows abt my preg.. i dont want her to think that my performance is lacking because of a pregnancy.
But i cannot help it. I really become very prone to mistakes and i feel too tired to work at my usual pace and concentration.

Hi mummies
I jus went gynae.. same as chinzilla.. my bb not growing.. got to do d&c. Im fine.. have sensed something nt right during my first visit.

oh dear.. hugs to Chinzilla and blurblur.. must rest well.. God will bless you both with another child soon.. take care!

BabyChloe,

i understand how you feel.. esp when there is no one else to help u out, sick kids can really drive you up the wall.. i think in yr case, nanny works well, esp if yr nanny is good, then don't have to worry that much..

my boys used to attend carpe diem at pasir ris, that's the sch my #1 attended n fell sick non stop..non aircon, under void deck..but i know of people who goes to other outlets and they are fine.. So i guess it really depends on the sch's hygiene.. my boys current school now is air-conditioned but they practice very good hygiene beliefs..like toys played must be removed from class after playing and aunties will wash them in the noon n sun them and they sterilise the tables and children's hands.. I would say the best way to enrol for a school is to go for trial first, see yr child's reactions.. and also to observe the hygiene in the school and the teachers too.. That's why now i don't really believe it when ppl tell me air conditioned places are worse than non air conditioned.. no offence arh!! =Pp

I cannot take meat.. smell meat only i wanna puke.. and the funniest thing.. even rice, i throw up almost everything i eat except soup, juices, any liquids.. Cayenne, i'm opposite of u, lol.. i can take prawns still but may throw it up later la.. so i told my hb I'm like wasting $$, everything that I buy I don't finish, and what I can eat I throw them up later...sigh!

Hi Chinzilla & Blur Blur, I am so sorry to hear that. Pls take care.

I am now getting abit anxious since my gynae appointment is only on Friday. Is there any indication or signs that I should look out for that will remotely suggest that baby is not growing ?

Any advise?

wenz,
oicc.. ya agree that baby is more impt...
u should make use of your mc and rest.. dun check email if possible..
i also kept going to see gynae..since at week 4, 5 and 6.. will be seeing again at week 7.
i can feel the pinch, man... 200+ each visit..
my boy also sick noow.. everytime go pd is 200+...
wah this mth my salary, all go to paying doctor bills...but as long as baby is well, its worth it.

blurblur
do take care and all the best to u!
cheer up :)

Take care Blue and Chinzilla!

Yunzz, why do you see gynae weekly? I am actually abit worried and scared now. My appointment is end March and i dont have any symptons. I wish for ms actually. For both my boys, i also dont have much ms last time.

Before my #2, i had a miscarriage and i was also still pumping when i tested positive. I heard heartbeat at 8wks but it stopped at wk 9. Which gp has scanning machine? I read someone went gp for scanning...

i am very tired of taking care of my boy..
he's sick recently and keeps waking up at night to chat with me and demand for this and tat..
so tiring

snakey,
i am worried lor..
i had mc just in dec, so more worried.
if u are worried, u should bring forward your appt.

Hugs chinzilla and blurblur.

Wenz, there is no certain way to check bb's growth except at gynae's, by ultrasound or hcg level blood test.

Yunzz, I opposite of u lol. Also miscarried before, and now I just want to stick my head in the sand and wait till my first scan.

Hmm ... i am in a super emo stage today and kept crying for no rhyme or reason. Probably staying home is really driving me nuts and all that anxiety since my last scan 2 weeks back.

Is being emo normal ?

chinzilla and blurblur: Take gd care.

Wenz: Most apparent symptoms are: spotting and cramping. This shd trigger to see gynae almost immediately.

Yunzz: I am like you. I have been window hopping from one gynae to another since I found out I am pregnant. Week 5, week 6, week 7. Now the appointment is 4.5 weeks later. I doubt I can last so long, have arranged to see a gynae in week 9. Counting down days

blueberri: When I was preggy with my first, I had no symptoms at all. I didnt even discover I was preggy until close to week 10. Even then, I only saw my bb and gynae didnt even let me hear hb. dont worry abt not having much symptoms
happy.gif

Hi Ladies!
I'm new here.. im 6 weeks now! so excited!

Chinzilla & Blur Blur,
sorry about what happened.. pls take care..

Back