(2013/09) September 2013

Hi to all mummies, Happy CNY and Valentine Day to all.

Hoping into my week 9, scheduled for DS blood test at KKH next week.

Anyone went for the DS blood test alreadly?

Harlow, hope everyone had nice valentines day. I didn't celebrate, but instead shop online for nice dresses and tops for my growing bump. At nearly 12 weeks most bottoms getting tight! Boohoo

I had crappy morning sending 3 yr old #1 to school. Throwing tantrum, whining and hitting me right outside school gate over the smallest things, in the end have to raise voice to get him to stop the nonsense. I was so angry that I jst dropped him off at the gate instead of following him in... Saw him pulling long face and looking lost. Now so worried that he will misbehave all day in school. Haiz... Why do the other kids always act up when mummy is pregnant? My temper really short fuse these days, but everybody seems to just do things to make it worse!

Hi morning! Into my 10th week now but MS still plagues me. Last night was bad!! Had mee siam and it didn't stay inside for more than 10 minutes.. All came back out. So tired of it and just want to go sleep
sad.gif
(

Praying hard everyday that MS faster go away!

Btw for folic acid it is the same, just buy from pharmacies.. A lot cheaper. I don't remember we need to take how long but I know soon the gynaes will switch us to multi vit which will have folic inside already so no need to take anymore. I remembered only taking fish oil (which is expensive!) and multi vits throughout the pregnancy.

Hi ladies,

Long time never post here cos' I've been feeling terrible from MS. I'm only 7wks+ but I feel like it's been sooo long. MS started from about 5wk+. This is my #3, and for every subsequent pregnancy, my MS gets worse. For #1, only feel nauseous, won't vomit. For #2, will vomit but once in a while. For #3, vomit almost everyday! It was so bad that I lost 2kg in 1 week -- ended up having to get medication (Maxalon) from my gynae. With the medication it's better. At least I can eat and keep some food down, so I managed to put back 1kg.

During my 1st gynae visit, I only managed to see gestational and yolk sac, cannot see bb. So gynae said to come back in one week's time -- by then, must see bb, if not no good. Thankfully after 1 week, managed to see bb and bb's heartbeat too! Phew!

Have scheduled my oscar and DS blood test has during my 12th week. And yes, folic acid is alot cheaper at Unity pharmacy. For my #1, I didn't know so I always got my supplies from my gynae, whih is around $3.50 for 30 tablets. For my #2, I learnt about unity's pricing so since then, I've gotten my folic acid from unity. Actually, it's ok to continue taking folic acid even past your 1st trimester. So if you have excess, you can continue taking it until your supply finishes. No worries about "over dosage" -- I checked with my gynae on this already.

I don't intend to buy any maternity clothes. Gonna use all those that I bought during #1 and #2's time. My #1 is only 3 years old, so I think my maternity clothes are still in good condition and not so out-dated..haha... Hopefully, I can resist the urge to buy new clothes..very tempting! Also have to resist buying stuff for #3..cos my #1 is a boy, #2 is a girl...so in terms of clothes and toys, the collection at home is already very complete! Hopefully the only new stuff I will get are new nursing bras, cos' mine are quite worn out already..and maybe some new rompers (for homewear) for #3 cos these are wornout too..

Hi candy! U also seeing CH Koh? Long waiting hours ya??? First visit waited for 2 hours!!! How do u find him? I find him abit loso haha but hubby says he's nice. It's near our house so we just stick to him. But his package increase by alot leh. Heard from the nurse last year was 700. Now 900!!!

Confused, I have booked my CL. She charge me $2000,she’s a recommendation from a friend, hopefully she’s good.
Kiwi, I haven’t start my maternity clothes shopping yet. It’s so expensive, thought of buying online.
Anastasia, is it a must to go for oscar test? Roughly how much it cost? My gynae pass me a phamplets to read but no price was indicated.

i'm quite petite so i didn't really have to buy many maternity clothes. bought a pair of shorts and gotten a hand me down tights. most of the time i wear loose dresses instead.

can try to buy from asos.com. they have maternity dresses, not too expensive, trendy and free shipping to SG. the only problem is can't really tell what is the right size but can always order 1 piece to try first.

i bought a few pieces end up all too big but my tummy grew soooooo huge during the last trimester i could finally wear them

Tracy>> Haha, I don't know how much it costs lei. I'm kinda in an auto-pilot mode. Cos I did oscar for #1 and #2, so when my gynae asked me whether i was doing it for #3, I just said "yes". I didn't even ask about the costs!

Actually, it's not a must to go for oscar. The oscar basically assesses the probability of your bb having DS. But it's not 100% accurate. So if the results show that bb is likely to have DS, usually mummies will then go for amniocetis (I think i got the spelling wrong) to verify. The reason why we don't usually go straight to amniocetis is cos there is a risk of miscarriage from carrying out the procedure as it is more invasive.

Some couples don't go for either tests, cos' they will keep the bb regardless of the medical condition. For me, I prefer to know so that I can keep myself prepared, so I will go for oscar.

Tracy: your CL is a full day (stay at your home) kind? Or just day time, then go back in evening?

Btw mummies, can i ask, whenever u feel like puking, will u make the puking noise out uncontrollably? I find that i will at times do it even in quiet office leh... Or when my boss is talking to me halfway.. I know its rude, but it just do it by itself. And if i control not to make the noise out, but only the puking action, i find its terrible..
So when i m at home, u can hear me "wherr" here "wherr" there.. Hahaha... i think my hubby is alr immune alr lo... Initially he take me very seriously, take feng you for me etc, now he alr shut off, cos 10 times i "wherr", only 1 time really go toilet vomit.. Hahaha...
Do u experience the same as me?

Is it true that if you have bad MS, it's likely to be a girl? Wherelse if very little or mild MS, it's likely to be a boy?

tracy: thanks for sharing. I've asked a colleague's CL contact and she is charging $2,500 which I think is really high though... Will keep looking and asking for recommendations I guess... Did you meet her and pass her a deposit too? IS this the norm?

Hi has anyone need to change bras already? I feel that my breast has grown a lot and my bra straps are so tight that i cant breathe and prob causely me to vomit more. Need to go and buy extenders.
sad.gif

Anyone sleepless at night.. i feel so sad.. 1 plus wake up 3 plus wake up.. cant sleep well.. Cant wait for all these to be over.. still vomitting out my dinner and even water daily.. really sianz.

Ee.. i think depends on the mummy. My fren has 5 kids, mix of boys and gers... all no MS. My #1 ger and #2 boy, i have bad ms for both and #1 even worst, i have swollen and near to rotting feet, had to see dermatologist and went for blood test. This # 3 also bad ms.. so its just me.. got ms for all pregnancies.

Mardhyna, i'm quite worried for this pregnancy too as i had 3 miscarriages prior to my #1. so hoping for the best. i tink charges at KKH might end up even more exp than at private gynea. For #1, i spent around $1.8k for antenatal visits + oscar. i'm expecting to spend abv $2k this round. my hubby doesn't wants me to change gynea as Prof John Tee is really experienced.

Thanks Ann! I certainly hope bb is ok.

Sharon, my appt with Prof John Tee was at 5pm back on Wed but i arrived early n registered at 3.45pm.. Saw him at 4.15pm. So next wed my appt at 5.20pm, i will kiasu be there at 3.45pm hoping to see him at 4pm+.. else if really see him at 5.20pm will be very rush as my #1 have class at Berries at 7.30pm, need to bring her for dinner first. I tink KKH after 5pm parking is by per entry, very cheap.

genice, i heard when pregnant cannot sleep well at night cos it's mother nature's way of preparing us for the sleepless nights when baby is out.

i can sleep well if i am allowed to but my boy wakes up at least 3 times a night. 1am, 3am, 5am... zzzzzz

Bluberi: ok, after hearing u say this, i think i m more relax.. Cos as 1st time mum, i really have many qns & doubts to clear, not only for those qns i needa ask him, i also hope he will share some guidance from him. So since he is a silent doc, i am afraid i just have to get myself very prepared to ask him lotsa qns.

I have a qns, since i have choosen Prof John Tee as my gynae, then if i have any queries in between my next appt with him, who should i call? Sometimes i just feel paranoid that i m paying for "private" yet all the doubts have to wait until next appt then can clear. Like not very personalised service leh.. Then since he is working in a govt hospital, what if i suddenly need to deliver, and he is on leave or vacation, then would it be another doc to deliver? Or any other trainees just come & see (down there) then go? I very worried leh.. I just wish that i can have a personalised doc to acc me throughout the pregnancy, and if i have any sudden issues/qns, i can reach him immediately. Is that possible?

Sharon.. same here. the wherrr wherr sounds all came out.. but i just let it come out naturallly lol. and im also on mc yesterday
sad.gif
i vomited gastric juice and i guessed its fish oil pills that made me vomit even more.

my next appt is on 23 Feb! normal u/s...

Sharon, if u have qns to ask Prof John Tee at ur next appt. Maybe ask him before he starts the ultrasound. I'm quite surprised for my first visit he asked my hubby how old my #1 was, boy or gal, blood type, etc. I tink he also forgotten he was the one who delivered #1. too many patients. First time hearing Prof John Tee talk so much.. lolx

It's quite difficult to get him on the phone although there is a paging number on his namecard. when i had #1, there was once i had very bad braxton hicks, wanted to ask him abt it.. he called back only 2 days later.. must be very busy ba i guess. if he goes on holiday, there will be another gynea who will take over if u happened to give birth during that period. i was lucky my #1 only came out right after his holidays back then.

Twentyseven: haha.. happy to know that i am not the only one with the irritating noise.. Cos ppl who dunno might think that i purposely showing off that i wanna vomit lo.. Like my boss, he thinks that whenever he talks to me, i wanna vomit.. Actually the feeling is constant, and it will aggrevates if i feel stressed up or tensed.

Bluberi: What is braxton hicks? wa chim leh.. Ya lo, exactly thats what i dun want. I hope that he can be on "standby" for me during my critical period. Otherwise why would i stay on with him for 10 mths leh?... Haiz... just pray that he wun go on leave during that period lo..
sad.gif

Sharon Lim, it's those fake contractions which will come in later in last trimester. but i had a fren who kept having it since 2nd trimester. every gynea sure will go on holiday de la.. so even if u go to another gynea at a private hospital, there is no guarantee the gynea will be around when u give birth if he/she happens to be on holiday. they will let u know in advance who is the gynea taking over during that period. For this yr, Prof Tee is going away for holiday in May i tink if i remember correctly what my fren posted on fb.

Ya I guess we cannot stop gynae from taking holidays ba. They see so many patients, every month sure got pple deliver. And everyone would sure want him or her to be delivering your baby. So really is luck ba.

I also hope my gynae dun anyhow go on holiday. Haha

Anastasia, my friend told my that scar cost $500+ but could be cheaper cos she did at mount e. I hope Thomson will be cheaper. 
Sharon, mine CL is full day, stay at my place. My friend use her during last year cry and she charge 2400, so she charge cheaper for 'off-peak' month. 
Confused, she said since i was introduce by a friend and no need to collect deposit. Just confirmed can already.. But if I want to pay deposit, she can meet me when she is in Singapore.. She is from Bintan. The down side is, she speaks hokkien and minimal mandarin. And I don't speak hokkien. Hahaha, I will use hokkien mix mandarin with sign language. 

Talking about gynea. I like my current one since he is willing to talk to patient for long, he usually had not much queue since he is not a popular gynea. So I almost never have to wait for my appointment.
His fee is quite cheap package only $660 for whole consultation at 6,8,12,16,20,24,28,32,34,36,38 etc.. Inclusive of vitamin and calcium tablet
But aside from the appointment time we will need to pay extra if we come.

His delivery fee is also cheaper, I think for normal delivery non assisted only $1200. If assisted $1400.

And it is the total true cost, regardless he deliver midnight.

Last time my #2 I deliver in mt A at 01.05 AM. Normal delivery non assisted no epidural. Only use the ethonox gas.

I stay only 1 day in single deluxe room. My total bill I pay cash only less than 1k. The rest are from medisave

He is dr. Don wong chun ping, the gynea link, located in admiralty.

I only will need to pay for glucose test ($50) gbs test ($50) gbs antibiotic ($10) if prescribed, detail scan ($90) and after delivery consultation plus pap smear ($270).

I never do oscar test before. If not wrong he charge $300 in mt alvernia.

My gynea for my #1 is dr. Lawrence Ang. I don't really like his style becoz he is so chop chop type. In the end he costs about the same as don wong, becoz detail scan in tmc is more expensive and his delivery fee is more expensive by $200 and I don't know during my #1 time I also kena some extra charge for his delivery even though I deliver at 06.51 AM.

Morning mummies! Vomiting gastric juice is normal? I had this almost all mornings..

Can I check with experienced mummies what type of stretch marks cream most effective.. my family genes have stretchmarks, think I can't siam, but just wan reduce it.. any recommendations?

Ann,

ya hehe, just tell Unity staff that you want the yellow pills folic acid, they will show it to you... the 100 tabs are all in a purple box with Unity brand label...

Bearie - hehe yes yes same gynae. Loh soh is good better than chop chop since $50 consultation regardless talk or no talk. He will reassure n answer questions n say the necessary. I guess he is good that's why so popular n crowded.

Ya package keep increasing Sibei sad lor.. But compared to tmc n mt a parking, tpy central parking much better n has more food variety if u hungry. I'm always hungry after few hours but don't really eat much per meal.

Hi Hui, I m currently seeing Dr Henry Cheng for my second child. I was also with him for my elder one in 2008. He's an excellent gynae. Very caring n has a good sense of humor. His package only starts from 20 weeks onwards. I haven't been offered any package yet coz it's still early.

He charges $50 for consultation n $50 for ultrasound scan. I will be seeing him for Oscar on 26th Feb. Heard it's around $300 plus.

priscilla

thanks for sharing all the prices with me... !! hehe...

i am seeing him now too... but it seems like he only share the package price near to certain month...

Good luck to your Oscar Test !!!

Happy Birthday to all! (Tdy is Ren Ri)

Thanks hui. Going unity to buy later.

Hi genice, I'm having sleepless night too. Usually fall asleep past 2-3am. Now with headaches as well. I think I got all the MS symptoms.
sad.gif

Good luck to all for our upcoming Oscar scan. Mine is next wed.

Have a good weekend to all!

Candy, I think talk long talk short got diff leh. Cos I was charged for 'long' consultation fee when he keep telling me lord of the rings stories! Hahaha! I dunno if there will ever be a chance of paying 'short' consultation fee to him.

By the way I saw his package price wrongly. It should be 800.

For mummies still looking for gynae, my friend has recommended me her gynae Kee Swee Hae. His clinic is at Far East plaza and he's a 60yo man said to have good stitching. But I do not really find reviews of him online. He doesn't have a package but my friend pays 20 only per consultation! Unbelievable ya? Hahaha!! BTW my friend gave birth to a cute and chubby boy with no complications. (Jus in case u ladies think he's cheap and not good)

Do u ladies encountered back/waist pain? Today went ntuc do marketing with hubby for not very long, then feel my back very suan, feel like taking a sit. Then came home rested, still not better, now lie on bed also feel abit pain.
I have crooked backbone since young, and I m afraid that this pregnancy will cause my back to take on further burden.
Now I only 9 weeks, I cannot imagine when my tummy grows bigger, the pain wil it be double anot... Haiz, y I got so many prob one?!!

I'm coming down with a sore throat, usually I just self-medicate with Danzen, MAC lozenges and pi pa gao. Did a quick google and I think Danzen and Mac should be ok for pregnant ladies but perhaps not pipagao. Anyone can verify this? Thanks!

Sharon, I always have backache too. Usually I put a small cushion behind when sitting down. It works for me sometimes.. I also cannt walk too long, I will get tired and whole back start aching.. I think it's normal, and I'm also 9 weeks preg.

Ladies... Does any of u face problems with urination?

Am in my 9th week. Since 3 weeks back... Every night I wake up in the middle of the night to pee, but it's so hard to get anything out! Last night it got so bad I was so urgent but I had to pass it out drip by drip and when morning came... My bladder hurts.

It happens mostly only at night, or when my bladder is too full.

Am a little worried its UTI, but it's not happening during the rest of the day (except once in a while but never that bad).

Viiv

better try not to self-medicate during pregnancy.
Go see a GP and tell him you are pregnant, he will give medicine for your sore throat which is safe for pregnancy

Danzen is confirm ok. I won't take anything with herbs so will avoid pipagao. Drink more water and take care!

And mummies in case you have a cough, my Gynae says we can take any cough syrup that is safe for infants. One example is ivy leaf extract cough syrup.

Sharon I also used to have mild sclerosis of the spine. Now still about 2 degrees crooked. I didn't suffer much backache during pregnancy itself but had very bad public symphysis. Can't even toss in bed without sharp pains. Moving from standing to sitting, sitting to standing, crossing legs when sleeping (to hug bolster for example) was excruciating. I dreaded bedtime then. Hope you are spared from this.

Yup, tangerinez is correct. Danzen is safe during pregnancy. The ivy leaf cough syrup she was referring to is marketed as Prospan in pharmacies. And if you have runny nose, can take piriton. All these are safe for pregnancy and can get from pharmacy without prescription.

Claud>> The frequent urination is normal during pregnancy, especially during 1st and 3rd trimester. During 1st trimester, it's caused by the growing uterus putting pressure on the bladder. Since about 6wk, I've had to wake up once (thankfully only once!) between 4am to 5am to pee. The problem is after that, I find it very hard to fall asleep again. But this is normal too, so I guess, we just have to tahan this.

As for the pain that you referred to, I'm thinking you may have held your bladder for way to long. This happens to me when I hold my bladder for a very long time. And when I finally get to the toilet, not only is it more difficult to pee ( as in, the urine flow is not quick and smooth), the bladder has this twisted or "serng serng" / "sour" feeling. So maybe you try to wake up the instant you feel like pee-Ing, and see whether this helps? If not, it may be best to see a doc. Cos UTI during pregnancy is also rather common and can be recurrent too.

Candy my receipt says long consultation and I was charged for $60.

I also have this back pain when I walk too much. It's like sharp pain. Sometimes I get worried too. But if I lie down and rest for awhile It goes away. So I think it's just body changes.

Hello, thanks for advice. Usually for minor ailments I don't like to go to GP near my house as the clinic is v crowded and I'm worried I may catch more germs at the clinic. Have taken Danzen, MAC and drank honey, but still not getting better =( think I will go to clinic near my office tmr for the necessary meds! Anyway think I fell sick cos slept quite late past 2 nights and too much eating out (fried food) this new yr season. Sigh!

Hi Ladies, I'm first time mummy. EDD is 22 Sept. I want to choose Dr. Lawrence Ang as my gynea, coz his clinic is the nearest to my house.

Back