(2013/09) September 2013

Morning ladies!

Weiwei, i can only go if hubby nt working. Coz' he's on shift work, sometimes suay suay weekends oso have to work. So if he's working, i cant go anywhere far.
sad.gif

Angelic^Soul, ya...my bb oso super active, esp at night. That day the doc who did my detailed scan oso said wa...this bb very active, kept moving ard.

my bb during scan always not very active.. haha the sono usually have to shake shake.. then will get bb moving to e position they wanna scan.. haha

Confirm boy!!!!

So happy :D.

Looks like what I dream when preggy with #1 is correct leh!
I dreamt 1 girl 1 boy age different about 3 yr old. Then when I have my #2 girl thought just wrong dream.

Sorry I think gonna skip the saturday gathering. Both my gals are down with cough
sad.gif
. The elder one has slight fever for a few days already.

Meet u all next time!

Ok just to share:
- don't buy too much of nipple cream becoz if baby latch properly it should not hurt. But if it hurts use colostrum/breastmilk is enough..
- my own experience I dont need any disposable breast pad at all even though I TBF, becoz my breast is pretty much secure and usually won't leak unless if I massage
- if want cheaper nursing bra with padding just buy non wire bra that is slightly bigger so that it is easy to pull up and down. I bought sorrella brand during sale usually 2 for $33 or less.
- from my LC, if u pump after latch or keep pumping milk instead of direct latch u might get oversupply and it can cause problem as well becoz u will keep needing to do that... Otherwise u will get problems like engorge etc. I don't pump unless if baby sleeps too much. But I will pump before going out as I learn from mistake baby usually sleep all thr way when being carried when we go out. Last time causes me to have milk blisters! For my #2 becoz I sometimes go out whole day more than 8 hours with her carried by me
Super painful and I saw the dry skin from that blister even Now still there even though I just stop pumping last week. Got it for 5 mth plus already, when the skin peels off it seems to always grow the new one. For my #1 i always pump before go out and go out less than 6 hours becoz I don't latch when going out last time... My #2 I always latch everywhere
- never ever force baby to drink milk from bottles/ or force breastfeed. Becoz they are smart if u force they will think drink milk is not a need, and it happens for my #1 she can keep rejecting until need to always dreamfeed from 4 to 8 mths until I introduce straw bottles. She never ever cries for milk at all! Very different from my #2 always fuss if she is hungry

I just stop pumping last week. Cannot meet my target 28 week liao.
Becoz my 11 mth old doesn't want to latch at all since 9 mth as my supply depleted.
Both my pumps causes me to have sore nipples. The side of the nipples looks like wants to bleed until I use 1 pump then other breast hand express. I have 2 type of pumps all the same. I think the nipple breast structure changed already cannot withstand the friction from pumping. So I just stopped...
Breaks for 5 mths before bf again.
Afraid liao if sore nipple can't healed when really time to bf

Groovy, you've done great job pumping til now already. Most of mummies will have drastic supply drop during 2nd trimester; those who nurse through pregnancy do mostly comfort nursing only. Good job woman! Time to rest and prep for the next one ;)

Hello!!
I’d like to sell my girl baby cot that we seldom used. It’s really in good condition. Since she turned 4months, she went overseas. Since then, she is not sleeping in the cot anymore and sleep inside our bed.

I want to sell at $99 including mattress, teething cover, two bed sheets, bed frame cover and all accessories include with the cot. 99% good shape. It’s in white color ;can match with baby boys or girls.
I am selling cuz moving house soon. Pls contact me at 91834477

Went for my week 20 detailed scan today and was an enjoyable experience zooming in on various body parts for a good 30 mins! Baby is healthy and measures exactly 50th percentile for all the measurements taken, plus confirmed its a boy.

To all mummies in this thread, enjoy your scan and hope everyone's lil' one turns out healthy!

And I'll prob give tomorrow's tea meet up a miss as I'm pretty tired from a whole day out today. Enjoy!

Sorry I didn't post for so long... Tmr meetup is postponed cos quite a lot can't make it, including myself.. Mothers day weekend, have two different places to run to
happy.gif

Wish all mummies a happy mothers day!

Sigh.. Slightly regretting my decision to buy beco. My ergo organic still feels lighter for your back!
The system is different. Ergo makes u use your hip more.
Also the hip and shoulder pad of ergo is bigger

Hi mummies, sorry to disturb. I have one good condition wooden Rocio baby cot with Fibre Lux mattress to let go at $120 (UP: $399) as my baby prefers to sleep with mummy instead..Self collect at Admiralty. If need transport, additional $10. Interested please pm me. Thx!

Groovy - how u know your beco is fake?

Wendy - I added u into the fb group.. but im not the admin. gotta wait for admin to approve k.. =)

thanks Groovy for the tips! i also hope to go total breast feed if possible...

thanks Evelyn for the link!

anyway anyone here also have insomnia ? i had last night couldnt sleep well and stiff neck , body aches...

oh ya will you all take maternity leave in advance? my boss ask me to plan my maternity thats why im thinking how early to take.. its my #1.

Hm.. I just suspected becoz material is a bit rough and the stitches some of it does not look very good. The label does not have the batch number. I compare with one picture same design as mine in the internet but mine looks slightly different in the stitches color

Now I am waiting for reply e-mail from brandsfever. Sigh.. If they can prove it is real then I am quite okay.
Tried to put on my baby on it still feels quite heavy. The strap padding and waist padding is thinner then my ergo organic

But I particularly suspect the fake becoz of the material. 100% organic cotton but feels rough??

Never did a research before but just known from beco website that they usually made in california.

The one made in china must have batch number printed

Got some designs are most likely fake, those are the ones sold by bf..

I only did research after buying and now very kanjeong. Argghhh...

I already seen beco website they don't sell those design sold by bf anymore but still dare to buy
sad.gif

Hey gals

Anyone interested in post natal massage?

My friend owns Origins Jamu Massage and she's willing to give us a better deal if more than 10 of us sign up together as a group. I hv no idea what she'll throw in at this moment but let's see if we can hit the quota here?

Let's see a show of hands:
1. Gene

Morning ladies!

twentyseven, i will try to save my maternity leave till the last moment juz like my 2 earlier pregnancies. That is provided i can tahan lah, coz' nw old alrdy mah. My 2nd pregnancy i work till the day im gonna get admitted.

I'm due 3 Sept but told my boss I will take in 19 Aug. The last time I took slightly earlier but baby came at ww39 and after that no time to rest at all. Was so tired that I felt I wasn't really ready when baby popped. So this time, I want some me time before the madness starts LOL. And maybe do some cooking to freeze some food before the baby comes/do some prep...

It's a personal decision ;)

Cendrine,

Depends on how often you want to pump! And different moms react differently to different pumps, so some pumps work for some mommies but not others.

Rule of thumb, tho, is that if you are going back to full time work and pumping, get a good double electric pump. this will cut your pumping time shorter and time to pump is generally hard to find once you go back to work. Other factors is whether you can find a power supply. If not, you would want to consider something that is battery powered. Manual hand pumps are nice too actually because there are less parts to clean and in general, gentler on your nipples. But if you pump frequently, you will take more time (you can only pump one side at a time) and it's tiring.

Nope, not the ordinary ziplock bags. You need breastmilk bags which are bpa free and presterilised. Other options to store milk will be bottles or storage solutions.

cendrine,

You can get the milk bags in all the dept stores, kiddy palace etc and also online, like Qoo10 and other baby online shops. There are many brands. There are also mummies selling extras on the want to sell forum. If you know anyone going bkk, you can also get the one from Boots pharmacy; that one is cheap compared to singapore prices.

viiv,

I didn't respond very well to pumps, so definitely not an expert. Prefer to latch directly actually. No cleaning up, no need to pump, no sterilising, no need to lug bottles, hot water and ice bag around,no screaming baby while waiting for milk to warm up. Baby want milk, just whip it out and everyone happy :p anytime anywhere. So convenient
happy.gif

For some reason medela works best for me. I have tried the Ameda Lactaline, Avent manual, Medela PISA, Medela Harmony and the Medela freestyle. I will be standing by my harmony during ML to pump more for #1(though it won't be necessary if she decides she want to latch again) and looking around for a freestyle when I get back to work. The PISA works for me too; but I find it a little rough, heavy and many parts to wash. There are some mummies who find that PISA works better for them than freestyle also.

I have friends who exclusively pump with the medela harmony and the avent manual without problems. Another friend on the Ameda Lactaline who pumps really well with that. So like I said it's a personal thing.

i am also considering between Medela Freestyle and PISA. have quite a couple of frens recc PISA over Freestyle, reason being suction is much better.. and yes! heavier also.. will be lay chey if needa carry to work everyday, sooooo still deciding.. hmmmm...

Hi Mummies,
I've a Combi Stroller Super Mechacal TM359
Condition: 8/10 to let go @$120

Product feature
- 3 different reclining angles of the backrest, which can be adjusted up to 160 degree
-Full coverage canopy with window
-Canopy with mesh window for better ventilation, and can be closed in windy days
-Movable mesh top window to let you fee secured while seeing the face of the baby.
-Front guard cover can be detached and washed
-Detachable and washable seat cushion
-Detachable front guard
-Front swivel wheels

Interested pls pm me or email me at [email protected], tks!
8405537.jpg

Hi all,
I would be interested in the post natal massage so please let me know details... does she come home or you have to go to her?

Thanks

weiwei.. i be using the medela from my SIL, just change tubes for hygiene ba... i hope i can do latching becos dont have to clean so many things and convenient! if latching roughly how many times a day for newborn, how long for a feed?

mummies, do you all actually have a to do list? i wonder should i do one.. my detail scan was over and wants to get things done.. but dunno what is priority.. so can advise?

anyone who has maternity & newborn package recommendation? have pictures to share?

Milk bag can buy Nanny milkbag from foodforthoughts elainne.

I found it's same quality as Pigeon milkbag.

Breastpump I think also personal.
I have old type of Avent single pump that I use as dual pump with pumpin pal.
Also have Ameda Lactaline..

I found both pump are OK, and I am using it alternately because sometimes 1 type of pump cannot clear all but the other pump can.

My Avent electric is old type. It spoiled very very often. But my husband is able to fix himself hehe. luckily..

My Ameda pump almost spoiled too becoz need to wait a while to get the strong suction working.. Haven't sent it for servicing.

From my own experience, my LC always suggested to direct latch for 1 month at least and don't introduce bottle at all. Afraid of nipple confusion and oversupply.

I only introduce bottle when my #2 is 2 months old, introduce once a day first for a week, then twice, etc.. And by that she is able to both bf and drink bottle after I finish my maternity leave.

For my #1 I am too early introduce bottle and sort of forcing her both bottle and breastfeed and in the end she doesn't know what is hunger, can do without milk for long, and in the end refuses both and only wants to be dreamfed until 8 mths old until I introduce straw cup..

Agree with Groovy... latch exclusively for 1st month at least.

Interval-wise, for infants, on demand is the best. But I actually do on-demand with maximum every 2 hrs during the day for the first month, especially in the 1st 2 weeks because some babies are too sleepy to cry for milk. Some babies with jaundice or because of the medication during birth can be very sleepy and not wakeup for milk but they need the milk to flush out the bilirubin so it's a vicious cycle. Also, latching often in the initial few days help your milk to come in quickly.

Not all babies are the same. How often you need to latch actually depends on the breastmilk storage capacity in your breast and how much your baby can drink at one time. Your breast can also make enuff milk for your baby but if storage is small, then your bb will need to drink more frequently. If bb tummy is small, then she will need to eat small meals regardless of your storage capacity. If your bb tummy big and your storage is big, you can actually stretch the feeding interval much sooner.

Storage is not linked to the physical size of the breast, BTW, but rather how many mammary glands there are. So when people say you have to feed often therefore you don't have enough milk, they are not correct, alrite? You will always be able to make enuff; it's just how often your bb needs to drink in order to meet his calorie and growth needs.

Agree with Groovy... latch exclusively for 1st month at least.

Interval-wise, for infants, on demand is the best. But I actually do on-demand with maximum every 2 hrs during the day for the first month, especially in the 1st 2 weeks because some babies are too sleepy to cry for milk. Some babies with jaundice or because of the medication during birth can be very sleepy and not wakeup for milk but they need the milk to flush out the bilirubin so it's a vicious cycle. Also, latching often in the initial few days help your milk to come in quickly.

Not all babies are the same. How often you need to latch actually depends on the breastmilk storage capacity in your breast and how much your baby can drink at one time. Your breast can also make enuff milk for your baby but if storage is small, then your bb will need to drink more frequently. If bb tummy is small, then she will need to eat small meals regardless of your storage capacity. If your bb tummy big and your storage is big, you can actually stretch the feeding interval much sooner.

Storage is not linked to the physical size of the breast, BTW, but rather how many mammary glands there are. So when people say you have to feed often therefore you don't have enough milk, they are not correct, alrite? You will always be able to make enuff; it's just how often your bb needs to drink in order to meet his calorie and growth needs.

Oh, and how long for a feed also depends on baby LOL.. Some are slow drinkers (like my girl, takes minimum 30mins!) and are the chop chop kind take 5-10 mins. Really, there is no guideline
happy.gif
Just like there are people who eat fast and others who eat slow.

When bb had enuff, she will unlatch herself or fall asleep. In general, I try not to latch too close to nap time, just in case she falls asleep while drinking milk. I try to feed shortly after wakeup from nap instead.

And watch the diapers. At least 6-8 soaking heavy wet/poopy diapers a day and good weight gain after the 1st week or so. This is the best sign of enough milk. Crying often is NOT a sign of not enough milk, no matter what people tell you. It is normal for an infant to lose 10% of weight in the 3 days after birth and pink urine crystals are normal too.

Breastpump: I bought Avent comfort double electric breast pump from amazon as it is much cheaper (inclusive of shipping) than local stores. Mommies who haven't bought your breastpumps may consider getting online. However, there is warranty issue where it may not be valid for free local servicing in the first year.

Back