(2013/08) August 2013

Being able to eat is good
happy.gif
. I feel I am eating less now. Eat abit and I will feel so full and have indigestion feeling later. Just eat healthy n nutritious food and dun worry so much abt portion
happy.gif

Amanda, wah 27kg is scary man.. For y first pregnancy, i put on total of 10kg. This time, i havent put on any weight. Lost 2 kg in fact.. Hope dont put on too much..

Ame: u are welcomed! I think there will be alot of 2nd hand available, cos last year baby boom, now
Is the time when those dragon babies outgrow their initial stuff liao..

Guys..need your feedback...I'm now in week 21. Not sure if you guys have been experiencing kicks and punches every single day like me? It seems to be happening for the whole day. When i walk, baby would not be kicking but when i lie down on my bed or sit down on the chair, seems that baby will start kicking. Abit worried...its like she is not getting her needed sleep.
sad.gif
Abit worried that she might be too hyperactive also...

Sigh being mummy not easy, got kick also worry, no kick also worry..

BabyS: wahhh your appeitte is huge..whahaha...

Amanda: OMG 27Kg?! thats alot...so worried...going for doctor visit this saturday...scare to know my weight... T.T

Another thing i would like to check with you guys...when will you get your friends or family member who wants give you their children clothes? Is it like 1 month before baby comes or after baby comes or?? Abit worried about pang tang...dont know if you take too early and will it cause any issue. Last weekend had dinner with my sec school friends...and 1 of my girlfriends was telling me that her cousin had a baby 7 month..then they went to buy a plastic container to put baby stuff...end up she got miscarriage...so they say better to be pang tang then not...

wlilian

from the moment u start to feel ur bb movement, u need to track bb movement everyday ler.. if reduce or no movement then u hav to worry..

when walk bb will sleep.. is like a rocking bed inside u noe.. the bb loves it.. tat's y bb like to b carried n rock when they are out.. is like they are inside the womb.. they fall asleep faster wen thet are rock.. of cos as parents, we shld reduce the rocking otherwise, nobody help you, it can be v torturing..

when u sit down, the womb get cramped up oso.. e bb has lesser space hence will push n kick oso mah..

it is normal.. dont worry...

Wlilian: I'm at week 21 too. my baby princess is quite active too. But not every time we felt movements are baby's kickings/punches. It might be they are shifting their body while slping. This is what my colleague told me. Don worry too much:)

Last weekends I just gotten some pass down from my colleague. Shld be fine ba. =x

Hi mummies
anyone encounter numbness and pain on leg/tigh?
for mine only at my left tigh portion , if i walk awhile its start to numb then to pain then to poking pain.
I could hardly continue to walk further.

Anna, I had numbness in my hand and feet during second preg.. It went away after delivery.

Baby movement
I can't feel it all the time, only when I'm lying down quietly. I think at this stage still not such strong movements la.. Cos they are still small.

anna: i just had that yesterday from too much walking. Left thigh and the back of my lower legs were really aching. Like the ones you get when you go running. I just rubbed axe oil and slept and it went away today. For the poking pain, my gynae adviced to sleep with the feet raised at night.. It helps..

re movements: i am also in week 21. My baby girl is very active too. I feel her moving and wriggling whenever i walk fast. Guess she's adjusting herself. But at night or very early morning whenever im lying down, i can feel her little kicks. At times in my sleep, im be sleeping on my tummy, that's the time i will feel her kicking strong.

I can only feel baby movement when i put my hand on my tummy.

I just bought some baby clothes over the weekend. If really pang tan. I think keep the stuffs with ur parents if u are not staying together. But should be fine. Tell ur baby its for him/her.

Hi mummies to be

I have the following items to let go. Please pm me or contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Philips Avent (Brand New)
1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set

1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream

2 X 260ml/9oz classic feeding bottles with 1m+ teat

2 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat
1 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat

2 X classic bottles nipple 1m+

2 X classic bottles nipple 0m+ (2 sets)
4 X classic bottles nipple 0m+ without box

10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz

Pigeon (Brand New)
2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Standard-neck Bottle Size S

2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Wide-neck Bottle Size S

2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Standard-neck Bottle Size M (2 sets)

Pumpin’ Pal (used less than 5 times)
Handsfree Breastpumping Strap

Medela (used less than 5 times)
PersonalFit Breastshield - S (21mm)
PersonalFit Breastshield - M (24mm)

Thank you.

Hello mummies! Hope everyone is well!
happy.gif

I would like to check of anyone has gone waxing during pregnancy? I am 5 months now
happy.gif
is it safe?

Thank you!
happy.gif

Hi Usha and oisterbaby
Thanks for sharing, I use to have terrible aching on my left thigh and left waist when I walked or stand .Now is the numbness of that pc of fresh that killing me....funny just that slice of meat that numb lol
. Mine also a princess at 21 weeks.

re baby movement: I can feel my bb movement at week 16 and recently, i can feel his movement everyday at diff timing.

re numbness on leg or hand: I think it is norm to feel numbness during 2nd or 3rd tri, but if the numbness become worse, think need to consult gynae..

Ladies, do u hav gum/teeth bleeding when you brush ur teeth? I know is common during pregnancy. but recently my gum/teeth bleed every time i brush my teeth. I am wondering should visit the denist to ensure my teeth are okay.

Both my feet start to have little rashes on both side especially the part that come contact wif my shoes. They are abit itchy.. wondering can i apply any medication?

Hi all, good to hear that most are having good appetite !

Ame Goh: Welcome ! We have the same EDD !

Sashamunna : I just asked my gynea about going brazilian waxing. He says it's safe on the procedure but he can't guarantee on the contents which they be applying on us. Some places advise that it is advisable to do in the 32 weeks onwards.

Anna : same here ! I'm experiencing muscle ache on my left thigh for no apparent reason !

I feel my bb wriggling when i eat spicy stuffs. lol.. Sometimes feel him wriggling and turning when im sitting down. cutee!

Serene : my gums bled too and I went to the dentist. It's quite a common thing actually and it's even more important to take care of our teeth during this period. So, time to call on your dentist :)

Xav & Sashamunna : Not sure about the 32 weeks onwards thingy but I went when I was 14 weeks...

Did any mummies sign up for breastfeeding class? Wondering how's the class like? Saw on mumsfairy, it's $180 per pax & that's $360 for a couple... quite ex I thought. But it's $70 for breastfeeding mothers forum site....

Xav & Jos : Thank you so much!!!
happy.gif
i m thinking of going strip as i normally go to them prior to being pregnant. will double chwck their product.
happy.gif

Hi xavs_mummy
so what did you do ? apply normal acheing cream?

Hi Jos
the sock is not long enough to reach my thigh i belive...don't know those wrap kind will help or not?

anna : hmm... mine does reach to the thighs... maybe becoz I have shorter legs LOL... buy longer ones? I bought mine on Gmarket... abit like those scholl ones on tv ads...

Hi,

I'm a Feb 2013 mummy, and wanna spread the word abt the gd confinement lady that i have. This is her 6th week with me already and i continue to enjoy your good service, so thought i'll return a favor by sharing abt her. I'm a first time mum, and her name is Yulian Auntie.

1) She cooks well, without using MSG, yet the food tastes naturally sweet and is appetizing, she cooks not only for me, but for my family upon my request, so this saves us all alot of hassle 2) She's easy going, when I was struggling at the start with breastfeeding, she went along with my request of intervals feeding, she didnt make too much noise when my supply was low at start and tried to rock my crying baby to sleep where poss, 3) She is prompt with caring for my baby, once she hears her cries, she would put whatever she is doing down to attend to my baby, calm her down etc 4) She's knowledgeable, about how to deal with gassy baby, heat/milk rash, teething issues etc..

I've had peers with less accommodating confinement ladies and heard of those who were not as flexible and easy going, hence on hindsight, my confinement lady is quite good, though i think at the end of the day, it also depends on the chemistry btw the mother and the confinement lady, and also how we all manage our expectations. I'm a first time mum, so this is what i know so far based on my own personal experience.

We all are different, and hence, you might want to talk to her to decide for yourself, or meet up with her.

If you are interested to hire her, she is available after June 2013, here is her contact info.

1) Spore Hp: +65 8450 4313 (for when she is in Sg like now)
2) Malaysia Hp: +60 16604 8468

Cheers!

Jos, mumsfairy is profit making, breastfeeding association is non profit.. Thats explains the differnce in the cost.

Sashamunna: u got to check with the waxing salon, some if they hear u r pregnant, they may reject u also leh. I cannot remember the reason why. But i have heard of some friends who get brazillian wax b4 delivery cos they dont wanna get shaved. But they and salons also say, waxing when u r preg is more painful cos the area more sensitive.

For tired feet, the TCM recommended soaking our feet (and lower legs if possible), in warm water every night. If interested can even pre-boil some lemongrass or ginger... supposed to help promote good blood circulation (sometimes tiredness is due to poor circulation), reduce swelling, etc.

What I would do is boil a kettle of water. Fill up a small pail (broad enough to put my feet in) with 1/4 water... and then add the hot water as it goes along. Sit at the sofa/dining table. Make sure there's a good rag next to you to wipe the feet and any spilled water!

been craving for instant noodles these few days but dun dare eat cos dont know gd for baby or not find it strange cos didnt really like eating instant noodles in the past

Morning ladies, juz done my detailed scan. At least a rock off my chest. Now waiting to see gynae. Hopefully no need amnio. Sonographer said everything looks normal. I m expecting a boy.

chocpockie: congrats! lol..did you wanted a boy?

Pink_sapphire: hmmm..i will also try not to eat maggi mee, but if i really have the craving..what i do is that i will boil the maggi mee seperately first and throw away the water...then afterwards cook it with the soup...this way we will not be taking in the wax...

Wlilian, Tks! Actually I have a boy n gal oredi. Would like a gal again but most imptly I prayed for a healthy bb. :)

Jos: R u going for prenatal course? If yes then no need to sign up separately for breastfeeding course. Actually I feel read up on bf alone is sufficient coz when u r in hospital, the lactation consultant will guide u to latch your bb. After discharge if have problems with bf can go back to the consultant for help.

Hui: I'm seeing Dr Henry Cheng. His pkg starts from wk20 at $850 ($909.50 after gst) and includes the detailed scan. Not sure how much he charges separately for detailed scan.

Pink-sapphire: Whenever I crave for instant noodles, I'll cook it with only half pkt of the soup seasoning so that it's less salty. And only drink a bit of soup to satisfy craving. Or sometimes just boil the noodles and throw away the water, put a bit of oyster sauce & pepper for dry instant noodle.

usaginoko

thanks !! i all along thought he would charge separately for detailed scan... thanks for your advice
happy.gif
because some said his oscar scan was quite expensive... so wanted to check about his detailed scan
happy.gif

your idea of dry instant noodle sounds yummy, shall try one day hehe

Hui: I feel his fees r in-btw, not cheap but not too expensive. But it has increased by 20% since my #1 in 2011!

If u prefer noodles to be more flavorful, add few drops of sesame oil & some ketchup or chili sauce. It goes well with egg noodles too.

Hi ladies,

It's been quite a while since I came here... Too many things have happened in these 10 days...

Last last Friday, I went for a scan and found that she was a gal.. Really happy to see her good and healthy.

Then next day on Saturday, my water bag broke for no reason - surely I'm not doing anything funny cos I was still on bed rest. Rushed to A&E immediately, baby was good but there is no more water left.. 

I was admitted and put on observation. We were given a few choices, to wait for the condition to stabilize and see if there is any feasible procedures to help save the baby, or to terminate the pregnancy. Knowing that baby was still alive with strong heartbeat, we decided to wait.

Anyway, to cut the long story short, we decided to try out amnioinfusion - a procedure that injects water into the membrane in attempt to help the baby survive. We were supposed to do it on Thursday afternoon, but in that very morning, I started bleeding quite heavily, later the natural process of miscarriage etc started... I delivered her on week 19 with no more heartbeat and she has gone home to the heaven...

It's been a difficult pregnancy filled with a lot of scary surprises to us.. We know we have already tried our best to be careful, followed all the doctor's instruction, bed rest for almost 3 months etc.. Now I'm on confinement, and can only stay positive and hope for the best next time.

It's been a good 4 months chatting you all here.. Wish that all of you will remain happy and healthy
happy.gif
may God bless all the August babies that are on their way to the world
happy.gif

Hi Ellen, take care there and do proper confinement. My two angels up there will take care of your princess. Til then again, stay healthy and think positive.

Ellen: So sorry to hear that....I believe your baby is now taken care by God and she is in heaven...stay positive and try again....hopefully the next one will come soon....

Ellen, really very sorry and sad to read this. U must take good care of yourself during this confinement period n rest more. I believe your gal is well taken care by all the Gods up there.

Ellen: sorry to hear about your loss. Stay strong, do a good confinement to nurse your body to good shape and try again soon!

Ellen: God bless your little angel. You take good care of yourself too during your confinement k... your girl will want you to regain your health, strength, and sense of peace.

Ellen, hugs.. I'm sure u did ur best to protect her, and u didnt give up on her, but God and her knew His plans.. You'll meet ur beautiful little princess in Heaven..

Ellen, i am sorry to hear about your lost. Please take good care of yourself, be strong & God will take care of your princess.

Ellen, u must take care and be strong. God has his plans and I truly believe that sometimes things are taken so that he will be able to give us something better. Hugs! Take the time to rest well and recuperate and do the confinement well.

My little 'tian' is up there to hold your princess's hand. They will be happy.

U will be blessed again soon. Take care.

Back