(2013/08) August 2013

hi ladies, my CL quoted me $2400, exlcuding the ang pows and food etc. Last year, she quoted my friend $2300 despite being the dragon year. Seems like even CL rates are getting more steep every year
sad.gif

I went for my OSCAR scan and blood test last 2 weeks and luckily, the scans and blood tests came back as normal but my blood is slightly on the low side. I will be prescribed with iron pills on my next visit on week 16. Hopefully will be able to know bb's gender as well
happy.gif

Btw, I almost fainted in the MRT this morning at 9plus in the Circle Line. Luckily, I found a corner to stand and closed my eyes for a while. When I reached my destination, I quickly went to find a seat to rest. Went to see a GP in the afternoon, he said likely to be low blood pressure but it is normal for ladies in the 1st trimester (eg before 14 weeks) to have such fainting spells. Is that true for u ladies here ?

hello ladies .. i have been mia-ing for quite a while .. it is my 16th week now and is it normal to get frequent headaches? mine seems like getting from bad to worst ... =(

on a side note .. tat day i went for my regular scan hoping to see my beanie .. so sad the gynae's scan machine is spoilt n i have to wait till 23rd Mar for my detail scan .. haiz 5 more weeks to go

chirpy: I had extreme headache, almost everyday or every 2 days. When i visited GP, she told me i can only take normal panadol but it didn't help at all. Even sleep never helped with the headache. My mum was screaming at me for taking panadol.

But when i visited my gynae last sat, he said panadol is extremely safe to be taken and ask to take Panadol extra, 2 tabs each, 4 times a day not exceeding 8 tabs in 24 hours. Guest what, i oni took once, 2 tabs and (touchwood) no headache until now. I oso realized, our sleeping position and lack of sleep contributes to the stubborn headache. Hope you recover soon from your headache..

Chirpy: same..i do havr headache on and off...if at home i will try to sleep it off...if not just "lun"
sad.gif
Dont dare to take pandol too...but luckily my headaches are not really that bad now...cross fingers. It was bad around wk 13-15..now i am towards wk 16..seems better...

How come scan spoil never inform you to reschedule one
sad.gif
feels like making a empty trip down. if my gyne scan spoil and still ask me to come down..really very wasted..

ttcing: hmm..yah the last i check with my gyne (wk14) my blood pressure still very low. feel giddy but not to the extent of fainting..could be because i have alot of fats... any mummies here have any idea what to do when low blood pressure?? does taking soft drinks helps??

wlilian and bubbly29: the GP I saw this afternoon advised me to either sit or squat down when I can feel the faint spells. The impact of collapsing will be lower as compared to when standing and fainting. Was also told to take light meals & hot drinks e.g. hot water, Milo or milk.

Zhaqqie: could it be that u are too stressed at work or didnt have enough rest that triggered the high blood? Better see a GP or ur gynae for advice. Take care!

Zhaqqie, r u monitoring your own bp? I think it's impt to highlight to gynae as hbp not a small issue. May lead to complications.

Catherine,

I'm not too sure, I remember I cut my boy's nails on full month as part of the 'ceremony'.

My mom has low blood pressure, so when she's preggy, the gynae will prescribe iron pills. Maybe taking smthg sweet will help too.

Zhaqqie
hhp can lead to complications, so better monitor.. take care!!

Zhaqqie, u need to take medications for hbp and also watch your diet. Complications could be pre-eclampsia, which is swelling of the extremities and proteins in the urine during pregnancy, which in turn can affect the organs in severe cases.

See your gynae for advice.. take care

Zhaqqie, you r not alone. I have hbp too n now on methyldopa as well as aspirin to keep it under control. Was worried if these medication will affect bb as well but was assured many times by my gynae that it's safe.

Hi. Does anyone here experiencing abdominal pain? Especially in the middle of the night? I'm having it and for the first time I'm having it continuously 5th days for today. I'm week 17 pregnant now. Called gynae yesterday he told me that its alright as long as I don bleed. Research from websites it says my uterus is expanding to support the baby that's why there's dull ache, sharp pain,etc. Is it true?

Serene: I'm 14wks now n started to experience dull tummy ache & occasional sharp pain since Sunday night till morn. Since no spotting or bleeding or unusual discharge, I didn't call gynae.

im often cooking chinese soup, i used dried oysters for additional sweetness but i dont consume the oysters just the soup. Dried oysters are milk of the sea
happy.gif
Very nutritious
happy.gif

Hi mommies,

Just to chk, anyone thinking of tie-ing up your tubes after birth? Or does anyone has any info to share?

This is my no 2 and am seriously considering it.

Any feedback?

Thanks all. Actually my gynae also gave me methyldopa for my bp and he even increase the dosage recently. But still high, the med dun seem to be working
sad.gif
Really have to monitor my diet.. haiz!!

Thanks. Was so worried as this is my first.
Anyways this fri-sun there's baby fair at expo. Anyone going?
Any recommendation for breast pump?

Dun think I will be going to the baby fair. Now only at 14 weeks feels abit too early. heehee. Heard it will be crowded so be prepared mummies
happy.gif

Dear all,

I delievered my baby on Jan 2013 and I had stop breastfeeding due to low supply and due to busy with my #1. I would like to selling away following items. All my breast pump was pretty new as i hardly use it. Please pm me here or call me at 93622319 if you are interested. Thanks

1)Ameda Lactaline Dual Breast Pump (with warranty)
2)Pumpin pal set included:
Premium Breast Pumping Flanges (super shields -M size)
Hand-free Breast Pumping Strap
Air Dry Accessory Bag
3)Avent Manual Breast Pump - SCF 330 (with warranty)
4)Avent Per-sterilized Cup 5pcs & Cup Cover 5pcs (brand new)
5)Avent Ultra Comforatable Breast Shells (hardly use)
6)Pigeon Sillicon Nipple (brand new)
7)Lansinoh 25 pcs milk storage bags (Brand New)
8)Sacred Tea for Nursing Mother 1pack (brand new)
9)Lemongrass Confinement Shower Gel 1lite (brand new)
10) RPR Dry Shampoo Powder Spray (brand new)
11) Pureen Sterilising Tablets 56 (brand new)

sheepysheep: for birth control methods, i might consider going IUD.. usually pple go govt hospital or private ones huh?

today i woke up w a blocked nose together w the extreme headache .. took mc today to rest at home .. the headache is so bad that i wan to open up n see what is going on inside .. still contemplating to take the medication or just lun till it goes away ..

catherine, wlilian: probably is just the routine check up thats y the clinic din inform me before hand .. the gynae let me hear the heartbeat instead ..

Ligation - Yes, already #3 - will definitely do it if I end up with c-section. But if normal delivery, then will have to go back to the hospital, under full GA to have the procedure. So will just stick to pills / condoms lah... IUD - need to be careful - foreign object in the body, dunno how the body will react. I know people that keep on getting infection. Maybe injection - lasts 3 to 5 years.

Btw, some gynaes may not do ligation during c-section if you only have 2. If you really want to do it, you go back to them after you recover, then they will do it. But at delivery, my gynae said, after carrying the baby for 9 mths baby we think NO MORE NO MORE but when the baby is 6 mths old then we regret then how?

Catherine: my cousin-in-law went to polyclinic. quite safe.... but she got an infection her second round... guess it depends on the nurse.

my mom has her IUD in since my sister... my sister now 21 le and she has never removed it lol...say she scared rusty liao... but so far it isn't affecting her...

wow woman reli have a lot to think about.
before married dun wan to be pregnant after marriage keep wanting to get pregnant after a few children dun wan to be pregnant.

It's so sad.

anyway I noe one of my colleague put a needle at her arm area n changes every 3 yrs. but I feel tat it seems very dangerous.

have any mummies feels like the breast is cramping? I keep having this feeling. it's very irritating, I cannot do anything to it. Haiz.....

Oh... normal delivery cannot do the birth control ops at the same time?

Oh.. I never knew... I thought can together.

Hub and me quite sure, no more after this. Actually, not v keen to have this even lor. *sigh*

You need to discuss this with your gynae. Normal birth is at the delivery room. Ligation should be laproscropic surgery but at the operating theatre. And no, my gynae say, no such thing as "shun-bian" nonsense. Maybe he is more particular...

I'm in my 14 weeks.. But have been feeling really sick this two day. Kept throwing up everything I eat.. Even gastric acid
sad.gif
is it normal? My gynae appt is two weeks away. Sigh feel so miserable

Serene: i'm 14 weeks too. Since saturday i had stomach discomfort. Felt like menstrual cramp, always felt like going toilet. The discomfort got worse when i exert myself. never had this when i was pregnant with my girl..

Went to see my gynae yesterday. He said is probably ligaments and uterus expanding. As long as no intense pain and no bleeding, should be ok, just advised me to rest So i took one day mc just to rest..

Ligation: my colleague, after her 3rd kid (unexpected one), she wanted to do. But cos normal delivery, dr say do it 6 months later, let the uterus recover first.. In the end, right b4 her op, she realised she was pregnant.. Haha.

I read somewhere if u do the iud too soon after delivery, it might not be put properly as the uterus has not finished contracting.

Today i feel really sick and have to find a toilet immediately after i have reach my destination. And my puke was super bloody. Cannot decide if the blood from my throat or gastric cos both hurts. But i find it amazing that i only puke out the gastric juice and phlegm but not my tea time snacks. Haha

Re: throwing up
It's a norm for me..too hungry throw up gastric juice, too full also throw up food due to smaller space in tummy or indigestion. Some smells and food also trigger. Tired also feel nauseous! Aiyo..it's become part of my life!

Re: body aches
I'm experiencing pain at tail bone if sit too long..I think I'll confine myself to bed a bit more once become heavier. Actually I hope I can be more active, cos I'm quite plus size, so worried that the weight will cause problems,.but walk too much or sit too much also cannot!

im also having body aches after standing or walking around for too long.. esp the tailbone. always ask my hubby to massage there for me, feel better can relieve pressure.

my throw up is only trigger by brushing teeth, or spit out throat mucus.. then will sure vomit.

I hate perfume smell and body lotion smell.. They make me..cant breathe. And its so weird that I only realised there are many frangipani trees around now cos i m particular to the unpleasant smell...

Im just feeling so sad and miserable today that i just wish i can cry it out..

Last night had the worst muscle ache on my left leg. The whole leg was having throbbing pain and i just couldn sleep. Axe oil, medicated plaster nothing helped. In the end, popped 2 panadols. Manage to sleep for about 2 hours, before waking up with terrible nausea feeling. tried vomitting and nothing, even gastric juice came out. only felt like so much of air stuck in the throat. So drank 100+ and burped and burped. Went back to sleep not even an hour, both the breast were hurting like being stabbed. That was the worst. I just burst out crying. I feel so miserable and tired. Sitting at work cause cannot take mc for now with targets to meet.

Week 16 has really been a bad week. i really hope things will get better with the upcoming weeks.

Usha, hang in there. I oso feeling down at times and wanted to cry. But I tell myself juz my hormones playing emo tricks on me when things actually is not that bad.

Any unhappiness just vent here. We are all here to encourage one another.

P / diorly: Same, my tailbone also hurts on and off...nowadays when getting off the bed after lying down...my back feels as if can break, Im only week 16..imagine if till later in pregnancy when tummy becomes bigger >.< scary....

Hmm...i do still puke on and off, when either i eat too full and food can't digest or i take more then 1 hour bus ride and feel nauses...

Usha: Omg...sound so horrible...hang on...it should get better? Hmm...my mummy was telling me...if you have leg cramps and stuff...maybe should reduce drinking cold drinks...take hot drinks instead...it might help...

Chocpockie: yah these few days feeling abit down...: ( have horrible nightmares on monday and tuesday...luckily yesterday the nightmares stopped.... on the plus side...i can feel baby now...she seems more active...keep moving around my tummy...somethings feels like she is boxing...read on baby centre...around week 16, they might start to play with their umbilcord

Wlilian, hehe, ur bb so cute! I oso can feel my bb light movements n I m still at week 14. Not sure what he or she will do when she grows bigger in my tummy.

Nightmares I on and off will get it too and it made me felt like I din need sleep a wink the whole night.

Usha: that sounds really bad~
sad.gif
hope you can feel better soon!

Re: aching here and there
my tummy and tailbone area have been cramping/aching for weeks... actually i thought everyone gets that so didn't pay much attention LOL... it's just very uncomfortable...

my gynae also said if no bleeding no acute pain then tummy cramp is normal cos uterus is expanding... sometimes i will feel sudden cramp on my left and sometimes on my right... maybe it's baby playing in my tummy~ o_O

Ellen: Yah weird right? sometimes like the side of the tummy would be like "bom" but i'm like O.O my baby is only like a size of an avocado..how can move till so far sia...

chocpockie: hmm...hopefully she will be cute...but i hope she is not naughty >.< recently ate crab...scare wait she come out like tyrant...

Usha: it will be fine. Maybe just hormonal changes. I got cramps yesterday on my left leg too and i just move my leg infront of my hubby and says cramp. Haha.

I cannot feel my baby at all. And my stomach looks flatter recently. Wondering if my baby is growing well. Haiz. Hope all will be fine..

What I did to prevent cramps during my 1st pregnancy was to prop a pillow under my legs every night when I slp. The alleviation helps. If you have cramp, don't massage it, slowly stretch and flex your leg.

Poor mommies, hang on there, it will be over before you realise it..

Just heard from my boss one of my colleague is down with chicken pox. I never had chicken pox before but have been vaccinated before.. Everyone seems to worried for me in my office..

im week 15..sometimes can feel..but not sure leh. my tummy got lots of fats wor.. hehehe

I read from past forum forum tat a gynae say wk 12 is girl n wk 16 girl then detailed scan becomes boy..

i hope my little one is healthy n a pie remains a pie. lol

Hi fellow aug mummies, decided to report here after being a silent reader since learning about the news... My edd is early aug and it's our #2! Looking forward to enjoying our pregnancy and post-preg journey together!

BabyS: Can add me into the FB group, my email is [email protected]

Thanks!

wlilian: can move quite a lot... tell you what happened during my last check-up at week 13...

we went in the morning, think bb was very wide awake... (usually we see gynae in evening so maybe bb was zzz-ing). super active, waving arms and legs and moving around... was even upside down doing head stand... gynae moved the ultrasound probe around to try to catch a better view of the baby... from centre of my tummy until reaching my left thigh o_O. but in the end, she still couldn't take a proper measurement cos bb kept staring at the "camera" and following the movement of the ultrasound probe...

then gynae asked me to go out, do blood test and then walk for 10 mins to come back so baby's position will shift.... so after walking for a while, the position indeed changed... to the centre of my tummy... so i supposed baby can move quite a lot and very freely...

Back