(2013/08) August 2013

Hi all mummies, i have recently hired a maid to take care of my baby and wanted to enrol her in a infant care course but the next earliest date is August. As i do not want to wait anymore, i have contacted the trainer to come down to my place to teach my maid. We are still negotiating the fees but i was hoping to get like 4 other maids to come here to learn together so as to lower the costs. It is a 6 hr course, 3 hr theory and 3 hr practical. I spoke to the trainer and she says it covers topics like basic bathing, feeding,sleeping, as well as how to take care til 1 year old. I have absolutely no profit in this. Just hope to have some other maids to bring down the individual fees. I'm loooking at $50 each maid, not sure if the trainer would want. It would be on a sunday asap, at my place in punggol. Interested mummies may PM me. Will just gather 5 maids and close the course so that we can confirm and start the course asap. By the way the course is for indonesian maids only as i have arranged for the course to be conducted in malay for my helper to understand.

Hi Amanda,

Not sure if you will log in soon to see the messages posted in this forum but please to add me to the fb group.

Don't want to miss all the discussions on fb. My email is [email protected].

Thanks!

LOL with so many ppl joining fb, I dun think ppl will come to this thread anymore. But some advertisings here are really pissing ppl off, especially the ones who post as mummies but obviously are advertisers. Very very obvious and easy to spot.

hahaha.. lol on the fake PEM conversation. I thought noone noticed it. Its quite entertaining though! But isn't it sad? like that i got no faith in them at all, have to create pseudo personalities to promote themselves means got no supporters!

Lyra, lai lai.. go fb too! i was too lazy to sign up initially, not the most technically savvy person. But i need some support now that im getting the pre delivery jitters!!

yes bbreeze... esp this Sureshpatnaik.. super boliao..u go click on his profile:

Username: Suresh2388
Full Name: Sureshpatnaik
Last Logged In: July 02, 2013
Total Posts: 19
Sex (M/F): M
No. of Kids: 1
Hospital for Delivery: PEM Confinement Nanny Agency
EDD (DD/MM/YY): 05-09-2013

Oh.. I thought the conversations were genuine. They r so free to act in self directed self act show.. Heehee..

I do not even remember my fb pw.. Been months since i logged in.

How r yr weightgains, mummies? At 32wk n 2d my bb weighs slightly over 2kg. N i hv put on 8.5kg...

Amanda, LOL on the Suresh2388 info!
Actually if the conversations are suspicious, just check out their profile- usually newbies with very few posts, and whatever posts all over the forum is on the company they are promoting.
Bbreeze, I'm on fb already. PM u. haha.

Blessedm, My weight gain is 11kg and baby only 1.6kg at 32 weeks but gynae said its ok although on the small side, and I can eat as per normal...

At 35 weeks, my baby girl weight 2.89kg. My gynae asked me to control my diet cos baby too big will difficult for natural birth..

Looks like i have no choice too wahaha
Please add me in FB [email protected]

Thanks
happy.gif

My EDD is on 9 Aug. Usually 1st born is late or early from the EDD? I wish on time or later, but my gynae and my nanny said usually will be early.

Can add me in FB for more discussion
happy.gif
[email protected]

First, re PEM agency - I have heard of them and thought that they are doing pretty well. Until some strange "self-claim-customers" showed up in this (and some other threads) promoting their service. It is as if they have registered as a forum member just "to share and commend PEM"... SO SUPER GOOD until the mommies would do that? Suddenly the reputation seem to be down the drain (as far as I am concerned! and warning bells everywhere!!)

As for weight gain etc... I gained nothing in my 10 days of MC. To which the doctor commented that I must eat well - weight gain is essential during third trimester. If no weight gain or have weight loss... he might need to induce (HORROR!!). Which was what happened to my #2 but that was at 37/38 weeks and he arrived 38w sharp. Anyway.... I had durian, slept a lot, rest a lot, and at the following review (another 10 days later!) put on 2kg! Never knew I could gain so much weight so quickly! At that point I was 2kg heavier than when my #2 was born, and same weight as my #1 when I had her at 36+w. So, this little one will surely be a record breaker!

My sleeping time seem to be from midnight to 4am now. Before and after that would be our routine aerobics workout...

my next scan due fri then can update u all.
But i also dun seem to be putting on weight though i always hungry nowadays.. . strange...

now that you say frogprincess, must really monitor le

Uh oh... Think i better watch it then cos lyra n kattylim, yr babies seem smaller.. Shall resist the temptation of fizzy drinks n ice cream!!

Jubilee, my mum was telling me sugar makes babies big very quickly n she reminded me white rice has loads of sugar too. So thought of sharing with you.
happy.gif

Frog, wat happened to u? A 10d mc sounds so divine though..

Blessedm, when is your EDD..mine is on 9 Aug and is expecting a baby girl
happy.gif

Any idea usually 1st born is late or early from the EDD ?

My edd is 28aug. And a boy.

My mum said first born will be late but many of my friends gave birth earlier.

I guess our sessions with gynae will be more often and they shd shed light if yr preg might be early or late. R u all prepared? Am starting on my washing of babies laundry n bedsheets soon.

Almost done with the preparation..My hubby kan cheong, want everything prepare soonest. Confinement herbs also brought already
happy.gif

I hope my baby can deliver on time but gynae hope can deliver 1 or 2 weeks earlier.

I'm with TMC, how abt u ??

Opps.. I have not prepared many stuff. I realised i have not even reserved a bed for delivery. I shd be giving birth at Mt A. Oh no....

Any reason why yr gynae wants yr princess out earlier??

Oooh... I hope things go smoothly for you then.

My friend's gynae also said her baby might be on the bigger side but ended up everything was good. I remembered something like 2.9kg.
happy.gif
so don't worry too much!

blessedm, my girl already weight 2.89kg in 35 weeks..so can easily hit above 3kg. I'm controlling my diet now, cut down 1/2 of meals. And recently, I get hungry easily..lol..

elf12, mine also a baby girl, edd on 09 Aug

Yeah i know.. My friend's gynae also estimated her baby's weight higher but then turned out fine.

Why dun u try drinking low fat fresh milk when u feel hungry? I do that to delay my grumbling stomach to match lunch time or when my hubby has to OT for short while. It works for me, i hope it does for you too!
happy.gif

I weighed myself yesterday - I am 100g heavier than 8 days ago (but feels a lot larger!). I have been throwing up more (quantity wise) in the mornings... Anyway... thought I'd treat myself a nice ramen for lunch. Ended up I was a bit too late for lunch (only about 12pm!)... I have IBS - so ended up having the runs this afternoon! I told my friends, baby thinks I am way too huge. Trying to control me... morning make me vomit. Else make me IBS. aiyoyor...

Gynae said baby is about 2kg now. If I manage to keep her in until week 38+, she might just be about 2.8kg at the max. And so far my record hasn't exceeded week 38 so .... just happy if we can do week 38+ ... which is another 3 weeks away!

And to share.. I try to lower my carbo (rice/noodles) intake. But secretly... carbo makes me so happy and contented after eating... I just wanna eat more and more carbo!

Small babies easier to delivery... big babies easier to take care!

lws, you don't have to worry too much. My first child was 3.1 kg when he was delivered at 37 weeks. Stay happy and wait for her arrival!You will be fine!

Blessedm, my whole family eats organic brown rice. I read that white rice is the most unnutritious among rice types so we swtiched to brown rice le. But I have super big craving for sugary stuff, maybe bcoz this is a girl? So I've been eating lots of sweet things. Haha. Dunno y she's on the small side. My first child (boy) was born 2.9kg at 38weeks so hopefully she can reach that target too. Recently I've been eating a lot so hope she gains weight a lot more by my next scan which is next week.

Lyra, I also having sweet tooth, love eating chocolate cake and ice cream.. I heard eat durian can help increase baby weight.

Agree with what shufen said. Guess as parents, our genes may kinda define how big they grow inside us. But instead, focus on being happy!
happy.gif

Lyra, i used to hate sweet stuff. Now, i occassionally dream of myself slurping up a cup of chocolate milkshake in 30secs flat. Haha! Shiok ah!!

Recently I craving for cold fresh coconut juice. But I limit myself once a week. Worry the sugar content and too cooling for body
happy.gif

Hi, I hv craving for sugarcane drinks .. N hv been drinking twice every wk. Currently I'm in my 32 wks n having a small bb. My Gynae ask me to eat durian to put on bb weight.

Juniorbee, must be careful of cleanliness when buying sugar cane drinks. I heard cats like to poo & pee near the sugar canes n if not washed properly, esp in market stalls n cat waste contents virus harmful to unborn baby.

Which brand milk bottle hv u buy? I hv tried nuk n pigeon for my first one n hv been using pigeon bottles since then as I find nuk teats will 'collapse' after bb start sucking for a while.
Hv tried Avent bottles too but will leak for the older design. however i saw their new comfort design bottles looks gd.

I brought avent bottles during taka baby fair. Recommendation from most of my friends. 1st baby for me, no experience so hubby and i just follow recommendation 1

Hi mummies, I would like to recommend my post natal massage masseur. She is very good and experienced!
She do both post and pre natal massage. She also do slimming massage too. Currently she's having promotions for you mummies who are staying in areas such as woodlands, admiralty, sembawang and yishun. She was so nice and her massage skills was good so i thought i could do a favour for her by recommending mummies to her
happy.gif

Her name is shima. Contact her at 82226593!

Lws, my mummy asked me to drink cocnut everyday 2 weeks before birth. Cocnut has high sugar?? Oh no...

Juniorbee, i bought the new philip avent natural bottles too. Not sure if they are good or not so only bought a pair n KIV.. Every child is different, so will their 'bite'. What's good for one may bot be good for another so i guess gotta wait and see but i hear many good reviews on medela calma and dr brown.

blessedm, was told by my friend..i also not sure..any idea what's the benefit drinking coconut juice when nearby EDD ?

lws: I was told that drinking coconut water will sort of clean your baby when he/she comes out so that the body don't have so much of that water specks...

jos: ic..ic..i drink once a week since 32 weeks, i just love it but hubby worry it may too cooling for baby.

i'm due less than 4 weeks..maybe will drink twice a week since it's good for baby..

Back