(2013/07) July 2013

Hello, I'm new here. My edd is 16 July and I've done my OSCAR, but have not gotten back my blood test results. Now I'm looking for a confinement nanny, but thinking if I should get a stay in or just a day time nanny...

I got my Oscar test result the very next day! Glad to know that everything's alright. Saw baby during the scan as well. We were so thrilled!

Gynae said will know the gender during next checkup.

Oh ya, I also want to know if there's any dif in maternity pants and normal elastic pants. Is it ok to still wear the elastic pants when the tummy gets bigger?

Hi Annabel.. thanks for sharing. Im going to read up on this.

Hi Ordolla.. Ive bought a maternity bermuda (the elastic area will cover up the bump)and Ive also been wearing elastic band skirts.

I personally prefer the maternity ones. The elastic bands for normal ladies... do not feel as comfy.

morning mummies,

Hi annabel, thanks for sharing the info.

Hi Ordolla, i also prefer maternity ones.
the elastic bands are looser and more comfy.

but it differ on every individual. you may want to try it on before buying.

my sis and my coll are small in size and they just buy normal clothing to wear thro'out their preg. the tights they bot also normal, but in bigger size to accom for the growing belly.

Hi Ordolla... Im on the petite side, but I still find the elastic bands for normal clothings are too tight for our growing bump. Im usually S and so I ever bought a pair of tights at size L from Mango and I dont find it comfy at all.

Just came back from my DS Scan. did only the scan as adviced by my gynae. Result came back as 1:3660. Really a HUGE relief. I just felt so scared until i cried yesterday but now i just feel so so happy. Loved the scan cause saw my little jelly bean kicking and moving the arm, moving up and down and lifting its backside now and then. They made effort to even explain and show the blood flow in the heart and umbilical cord and measured the stomach. The Edd is set as 2nd august but my mum and mum in law predicts by end of july baby would be out.. =D

Hey Moms, hope everyone's MS is starting to ease off. Anyone starting to gain weight already? +1kg for me now~ trying my best to eat healthy but baby always make me crave for potato chips =p

Hi Dinomum... Ive put on 4.5kg so far already!!

The funny thing is.. I just started feeling nauseous... since week 13, previously I dont.

I'm currently 14w 5d - put on abt 2.5kg. Depending on the clothes i wear, sometimes cant tell i am preggie but just fat loh. kekes.

I have been feeling nauseous all along, but now much better, without the actual viomitting, but mouth constantly have the metallic taste, making me crave for spicy, fried food all the time.
sad.gif

Sapphire05: that is soo cute Sapphire.. Im sure it was a true joy to meet ur little beanine moving all around..

i have lost 1.5kg the past 3 weeks all thanks to the severe mornign sickness.. But now that my appetite is coming back on track, i look forward to putting on weight sometime soon..

Felixp: i oso love extremely spicy food..

Orangey,
I can feel the flutters occasionally but I'm only in my 13th week. It's seems abit too early but maybe I am expecting my #3 that's y i can feel it earlier? How abt you?
I did not put on any weight as till now but I do have a baby bump.

Hi mummies,
I'm currently in my week 12. been losing weight cause I've been controlling what to eat or not, also MS at week 4-7 plays a huge part. doesnt have any appetite at all.
Afraid to ballooned up like my #1. Gained a massive 25kg.
Now,i will even contemplate or days whether to get that cup of bubble tea.

Cottagefry,
Wow.. I only start feeling the flutters on and off today
happy.gif
Now 16th week pregnant and i think i put on 4kg already!!!!!!!!!

Hi Cottagefry... Ive read that experienced mothers will feel the flutters earlier than first time mums. So you can feel it earlier than a few of us here (I dont feel anything yet at week 14).

Hi Felixp... I love fried & spicy food currently too!!!

Seems like Im the only one who gain alot of weight here!! At 4.5kg! I certainly hope I wont get so much in my 2nd trimester.. I hope to keep the total weight under to be 12 - 15kg.

morning mummies,

good news, $6000 cash bonus for 1st and 2nd birth with effect from 26 Aug 2012 (back date).

i put on a total of 2kg since last visit at 14w2d.
during my 1st preg, i gain a total of 4 kg during my 1st tri and at birth my total weight gain was 20kg.

hope to keep within 15kg or lesser.

Linda,
Yup - Quite happy to see revision in the cash bonus although its only an increment of $2000 but its better than nothing right? Haha... Some of my friends are still complaining that the Parenthood package is not attractive at all, saying that $6000 is too little. For me, I felt that it may not be an enormous amount but at the very least, we have revision made to it. I'm just hoping that they can increase the infant and childcare subsidy. The childcares are increasing their rates and I don't see why they are not increasing the subsidy and I think they should also monitor the school rates for all Infant and Childcare and kept it to a maximum.

They need to know that increasing birth rate is one thing but helping the parents cope with the expenses is another major help. If they can streamline and set a maximum fees for Childcare and Infant care, we won't be seeing ridiculous school fees! I do have friends who are worried about the Infant care and childcare school fees and worried that they cannot cope because, some of the schools are charging really high while the affordable ones are usually all packed, leaving them no choice but to enrol their kids into schools that has a higher school fees. If they can increase each subsidy by $200 more, it is more than enough, provided the IFC and CC don't increase their rates further!

I agree with Orangey.... Provided that the IFC & CC dont increase their prices further. Else the increase in the subsidy do nothing and everything goes back to square one.

orangey,
ya totally agree with you, at the very least, some adj is make. shd be glad. better than nothing.
i also think the same, they shd increase the subsidy for IFC and CCC.
the last adj to IFC and CCC also see the increase in fees, so actually comes to sq one.

my no 1 preg (2007), the package was just $3k cash and 3 mth ML and no CDA account at all loh.
so actually, the new package to me is a bonus for my 2nd preg. must be contented.

Hi Mummies

I have a pre-loved Pigeon Multi-function Sterilizer which is still in good condition.

I am selling at $40. Cash and carry from Buangkok.

Interested mummies, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks

morning mummies, agree that they should look at bigger subsidies for childcare. And though it'll be hard ti implement, how nice if they can fix working mothers' knock off time at 5pm SHARP so that we can go home, pick up our kids, fix dinner and spend quality time with them. That will be much more practical than giving me extra $2K baby bonus
happy.gif

On a side note, I happened to pass by Expo baby fair over weekend adn bought an Avent Manual Pump at only $55. Guess they were clearing their stock for old design before their new design is out at $99. I have 2 old ones at home but want a new one for this child adn this is the best pump ever! Easy to use, more milk and also convenient for pumping at work or when I am traveling. No need to worry no battery or whatever. Just sharing
happy.gif

babystella,
Hmm really hard to explain about flutters but it feels like your baby is poking you? Hehe.. kinda amazing sensation!

Any mummies looking at strollers? Previously so keen to get Quinny Buzz but after looking at Peg Perego Skate, I AM SO IMPRESSED and wanted to buy it so badly. It can double as a double stroller somemore!! Buying from Amazon is so much cheaper than getting in Singapore. Dunno shld get anot. Was telling hub, since garment give $2K increment, can use portion of it to buy the Skate stroller? :p

Cottagefry,
Initially realy love Quinny Buzz but after I saw the demo on Peg Perego Skate, I am very impressed. Unlike Quinny Buzz, Skate can be close even without taking out the stroller seat whereas for Quinny Buzz, you need to remove the stroller seat in order to close the chassis. Weight wise, Quinny Buzz is at 12kg and I think skate is heavier but because Buzz can only accommodate up to 12kg whereas for Skate, it can accommodate up to 25kg
happy.gif

Skate comes with Stroller seat and Bassinet whereas Buzz only comes with Stroller seat. Sounds like I'm promoting for Skate hahaha...

Babystella,
For 1st time mums, I read that on average, you can feel the fluttering at about 20 weeks but for 2nd time mums, we can feel the fluttering earlier and for cottagefry because this is her 3rd pregnancy, so she is feeling it even earlier ;)

Babystella,
Yes. For first time mums usually they can start to feel the flutters at avg 18-20weeks. Second time mums will be earlier than the avg 18-20weeks. Yes, this is my #3 so maybe even earlier but the flutters r not v frequent type..
happy.gif

Orangey,
The peg pregro skate sounds so cool. I have watched the video on it. I wanna get it... Woohoo! Thanks for recommending it else I will stick to Quinny Buzz. Haha

Nowsday i had heard so much feedback with surrounding friends saying OH i going to give birth next yr coz its Horse(Chinese: 生肖)...

I wonder why is that so impt to have Chinese Zodiac (Chinese: 生肖)matching? Arent they should be happy to receive this blessing anytime n yet saying oh Yr of Snake (HMMMM) not this yr,.. somehow i felt so affected by such comments... One even worst telling that year of snake in chinese the "Life" weight for YEAR only 0.7, for horse will weight more...

M i surrounding with crazy couple?

caryl,
dun be affected by their comments.
can get preg is a blessing. so long as the bb is healthy and happy. nothing matters more.

just think of couple who are trying hard to conceive and unsuccessful for many years.
thinking of this will make you feel better than listening to your friends that affect your emotions.

cheer up k!

yup.. thanks..

I alway feel its a blessing and as long as bb is healthy and happy doesnt matters boy or girl.. And whenever scan or hearing the heartbeat is feeling that amazing n wonderful..

somehow maybe currently due to HIGH mood swing thus via hearing these negatives feedback will have a little affection..

Hi Caryl.. I understand how you feel.

Lately, I get a little sensitive with remarks on my bump.

Almost everyone is making comments on my big bump - "her bump is so big now at such an early stage".

I dont have morning sickness so Ive not lose any weight at all. Instead, I gain 4.5kg. From the beginning, a bump shows pretty early. Gynae said it's bloatedness. All of them (those who made this comment) thought that preggies at the 1st trimester or early 2nd trimester should have FLAT stomach.

Im like.... I cannot choose the growth of my body structure.

Precisely, due to our MOOD SWING we tend to be "very" senstitive... "pple" will start compare this n that which they think its SO easy, everyone have differnt symptom how can we control..

sapphire,
i get that comments when i am preg with no 1.
now with no 2, i get the same comment. but i treat it as, my bb is growing well, so it does not matter if my bump are big or small.
and i also tell myself that i am one lucky preg woman who dun have or little discomfy on MS.

i always think optimistic to make myself feel happier so that bb come out happy also...
hee..

Hi Linda.. Yeah, I ignored their comments. Take it that those people were insensitive.

A closer colleague (who on my behalf got the comments at times - some colleagues gave her the comments instead of telling me) said the same thing as you. That my little one is growing very very well.

Sapphire, my bump is also v big for a 13 week only. I actually asked my Dr y it's so big n he said it's not the baby =(. He said I am most likely having indigestion and wind so my hubby said I am fat now!

I only get nauseous from indigestion mostly. It's always a mixed feeling of full & hungry. So hard to judge. Starting to crave for tom yam but i think the spicy food gets me vomitting again.

Caryl, I got similar remarks too! Ppl r always saying y u miss the dragon yr...but am just glad that we even have a little one. Anyway Chinese also believe tt snake is a mini dragon. keke save on all the high CL rates n fighting for sch places also compared to dragon yr. I think horse also will be rather competitive.

Btw, do I need to continue iron supplement in 2nd tri??

ordolla,
last week, my gynae told me that my bump is bigger at 14w that's becos my bb is bigger this time round as compared to my no 1.
last week bb already at 15w when scan and i am at my 14w.
so when ppl comment my bump, i just tell them, gyane say my bb is big and growing v well, so my bump is bigger.

the cc subsidy is rubbish. Agree with prettymimieyes, most pple wont be eligible. if CC take opportunity to increase fee, jialat already.

caryl,
Don't get affected by people commenting on that. It's god's blessing that we are pregnant with our little babies. Actually according to chinese zodiac saying, Snake is actually "mini dragon" and indicates wealth + a sign that the family will not starve
happy.gif

As long as our babies are growing healthy, don't really need to care so much. I have colleagues who don't pass on such comments but they do says insensitive comments that a pregnant woman will never want to hear so I will just tell my baby "Don't care about what those aunties are saying, Baby grows well and healthy is most important"

Sapphire,
Talking about that, my receptionist was asking me so directly "You seems to put on a lot of weight, like becoming fatter ah?" Quite direct hor so I just tell her "Oh, I'm pregnant" and she was so surprised cause only a few dept and colleagues knew about my pregnancy. Even my very close colleagues were telling me "Wah, when you just joined the company , you were really skinny but now you seems to have "blossom" quite a bit ah!"
I take that as a compliment that my pregnancy is progressing well, haha!

Now that the MS has got so much better, I'm really eating alot except for dinner which I am unable to keep any thing down so dinner will be light snacks for me and thus, I think I will eat 20% more for b'fast and lunch to replenish my dinner lol

Caryl&Prettymimieyes,
I do agree that the subsidy isn't really attractive enough to "encourage" the birth rate cause it seems like the cap of $7500 for combined salaries is really too low. Most couples' combined salary are already more than 8K per month so it generally means that almost 80% will not be eligible.

Even so, the Gov must monitor and cap the school fees and indicate to the schools that they cannot increase any of their school fees for a period of time (e.g 1 year). Otherwise, it's back to square one. Increase subsidy - Increase sch fees = $0 value and worse, those who are not eligble has to pay for more sch fees!!!

I agree that the subsidy cap is too low too. Even bto income ceiling have increased.

Saw in the papers that this will benefit 2/3 families. Just wondering if the statistics are wrong since many of us can't qualify for this benefits

Sometimes I find society very irony. Earning less is an issue, earning more is also an issue. So what's the best income?

Back