(2013/07) July 2013

How to read the chart? Haha.. I'm so blur looking at it. I have no gender preference. As long as baby is healthy, I'm happy! Hubby is hoping for a girl cause no.1 is a boy but to me, as long as my baby has big eyes like his big brother hehe, I'll be happy cause mummy here has small eyes >.<

No.1 is 100% carbon copy of daddy and inherited hubbby's good genes of big eyes and fair skin so hoping no.2 will inherit hub's genes as well! Haha..

I tried to calculate the gender at the website but the calculated month and age is not correct leh. I thought lunar age is 1 yr older than eng age but it was 2 yrs older.

Ordolla,
The babycenter one not accurate.
I found one which has the correct lunar age
happy.gif

http://www.obfocus.com/fun/My%20Chinese%20Age.htm
Use the lunar age and tally against the gender chart. The chart that sapphire posted is different from the one online though. Hmm...

Hi Berries.. same chart!!! According to this chart, I'll be having a boy.

According to the the tool that Anewmummy sent, I'll be expecting a girl! hahaha..

Very good, I shall bear some hope that I may still have a girl
happy.gif
Haahhaa...

Good luck Ling to your Oscar test today!

anewmummy (anewmummy): actually till now my mum hasn't stopped me from eating anything except for papaya and pineapple. Both my mil and mum just cautioned about taking too much cold drinks tats all. But since i read up on my own, i just follow the internet on What to eat and what not to..

E'leen Lau (leenmummy): Guess that goes perfectly for me. My parents and grandparents both have diabetics and my sister had gestational for her first which went away after she delivered. But i am trying to keep myself controlled over sweets and sweet drinks. Hopefully that helps..

Sapphire05 (sapphire05): From week 20 we will be able to know the baby's gender.

Though im not Chinese i just tried the baby gender using the link someone suggested above and it says girl.. Hahahahhh. Hope it comes true.. =)

i thought my morning sickness was getting better but it has turned for worst. i din have vomiting for weeks but it started yesterday and i cannot keep anything in my tummy. i just feel scared to end up in hospital because of the vomiting!

Usha, you may want to check with gynae. My gynae prescribed me vitamin b for nausea.... It helps me. I think people said don't eat cold stuff or anything will cause contraction.

For me now it is 10 weeks and symptoms subside that I don't feel pregnant except some bloatness. Hope everything is fine. Anyone invest in a Doppler to hear heartbeat?

Anyone has toddler or baby at home? I have a 10 months old and need to carry here and there! Sometimes it makes me feeling tired. I read and it should be fine so log as listen to your body.

Ling! Good luck!! I am nervous over it too which scheduled in first week of Jan as I am old, higher risk!! I am scared!

Sapphire I thought around 14-16 weeks we should be able to tell gender? If it says a girl then it is 100% girl if it says a boy it may turn out a girl also.. ?

Happy holidays everyone for next week!

Hi anewmummy,

I have a 16 mth old.. he is constantly making me carry him or crawling/stepping across my tummy though I will try to stop him at times.. guess he can't help it.. it is his need for attention.. I am also so tired these days and my hb is overseas at work.. lucky stay with my parents now so they can help..

morning ladies!!

Orangey : u look at the left hand side is your age .. and the right side is the month when you conceive.. u try see u can read anot..
happy.gif

sapphire : hee! ya.. i see ur post i already know is the same chart liao le.. i use tat for calculating my #1 tat time very accurate.. this time i see it indicate i will be be having a gal.. really hope is accurate again.. coz my #1 is a boy liao.. if not i dun mind another boy again as long as healthy.. ^^ u prefer boy / gal?

Ling : gd luck for ur oscar scan today!! *hughug*

Usha : mine too.. tot my MS is getting better but then tis week i start to vomit again every morning.. hope our vomitting will be ok soon!

anewmummy : the link is interesting!!!

Berries (joyceberries): How many weeks are you at now? i am 8 weeks and 5 days.

anewmummy (anewmummy): Sure i'll do that when i meet my gynae next sat. Thanks for your advice. Meanwhile is there any home remedy that helps to soothe this vomiting?

Hi Berries.. both my hubby and I prefer a girl.. but the whole world including this chart, guessed / stated that I maybe having a boy. So we have now grown ok to the idea of having a boy. Hahaa... I prefer girl coz can play doll-up mah! Hahaha... My hubby prefer girl coz as always "daddy's girl".

Hi Anewmummy... nope, didnt invest in the Doppler.

My next appointment to see my gynae is on my week 15.. hopefully I can see the gender then
happy.gif

good morning ladies
according to the babycenter gender predictor, i'll be expecting a girl
happy.gif
which is good since my #1 is a boy. haha, think i won't be using any other chart cos want to keep my hopes up!

on diabetes, yes for me, the condition went away after i delivered. i was expecting it this round, since high chance to get again. however, hope won't be so soon otherwise there goes the feasting for xmas &amp; cny, boo boo. i was trying to negotiate w the doc not to do the OGTT so soon, but she said NO
sad.gif

i only remember the diet was really really strict then. otherwise the reading would go haywire. i was like hungry most of the time. had to also take insulin jab once a day during the last stage of pregnancy cos reading was high even though i controlled my diet. sigh, hope it's just controlled diet this time round.

Usha : i'm in my 11 weeks... i was on 3 weeks hospital weeks on my week 6 to week 9... i believe u wen u rch week 9 u will feel much better..

sapphire : u are having ur 1st one rite? actually have boy / gal also doesnt matter.. but i understand wat u mean by gal can doll up.. i agree with u..
happy.gif
when is ur next appt? next mth?

abby : i not sure leh.. but for my case..i use tat for my #1 it is accurate.. and i help my fren chk hers also accurate.. but wat i can say is this kind of charts is for majority so is still 50/50 la.. dun believe too much..
happy.gif

Hi Berries... Yup, my first one
happy.gif
My next appointment with gynae is on 1st Feb (nearing week 16 actually). My OScar is in mid Jan (week 13).

Hi Addy, alot of my gfs used this chart and it was very accurate for them. At least 5 of them!!!

Thanks Berry and Sapphire.. haha.. ok.. I checked and mine will be a boy.. I am hoping will be a girl.. wondering how to cope with 2 boys! haha..

Hm I will be skipping Oscar..

Hey Berries I think you type Abby instead of Addy. 

I just vomited yest, the last time I vomited was 1st Dec. I was hospitalized in London after tahan for 7 days due to dehydration n excessive vomiting, nausea n giddiness. Even smells n motion will vomit.

Was given iv drip n iv medications. After I was better they gave me oral medications. I stayed less than 24hrs as I was due to fly back to S'pore n my daughter was waiting for me.

I haven't been taking the 2 types of medications they prescribed for nausea &amp; vomiting. Dun likd to ingest so much medication.

Was diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum. Also had brown old blood coming out pv. But it has stopped for 2 weeks. This Sunday will be 12 weeks pregnant. My appetite is still not great n my body doesn't accept alot of types of food.

My HB n I hope to have a boy this time. My daughter is
already 3yrs+.

sapphire : i see!! my next appt is next sat.. probably i can chk with my gynae wen is my oscar scan..

abby : opps!! now then i realise.. got abby and addy! pai seh!!! hope u get better soon.. my appetite is not tat gd either.. but compare to the previous weeks.. it gets better...

addy : same! i also hoping for a gal.. coz i cant imagine me handing 2 boys! one is already a headache!! y u wanna skip oscar? u did for ur #1 ma?

Berries.. Nope I did not do for my #1 as well.. hehe.. cos me and hb are catholics so we chose not to do it.. cos abortion also not an option.. knowing will also make us worry.. so we just decided to skip it..

hi ladies ....

hope everyone is getting better ...

me too, having the not pregnant feeling at all ... at some times, almost forget tat i'm pregnant ... hehe
at home during meal times cant eat much... but once outside can eat food ...

me hoping for a boy ... my gal going 20 mth in a few days ... hope the chart is accurate ... hehe ...

me also skipping the oscar test ...

Addy: I didn't do the OSCAR test for my #1 too. We just trust that God has blessed us with a healthy child.

I drank lots of cold drinks during my #1 pregnancy but my daughter has no phlegm whatsoever n every1 said she has very strong lungs n can cry so loud once out of the womb.

I just stopped breastfeeding when my daughter is 3.5 yrs old cos of my hg condition. If not I would have continued.

Now my daughter doesn't really want to drink milk (fresh milk or formula). Not even 250ml...she loves to breastfeed.

So I give her tofu. Haven't got her any yogurt yet. I let her eat goat's milk sweets. But not too many.

Berries: yup I hope the nausea n vomiting will go away soon cos I have quite enuf of not enjoying my food n drinks. Now i can only take small portions. My HB says I loved to eat. 

Abby,

Haha means I can continue drinking my cold drinks! I have craving for orange juice.. seldom drink at work cos only plain water around.. evenings I will just drink my orange juice, haha.. wow u breastfeed until 3 years old? that is so amazing.. mine wean himself off at 8 mths and I was so happy.. haha... lots of freedom..

Addy : i see!!
happy.gif

Abby : wow!! u bf for 3 yrs plus?? tats long!!!! ya..me too! cant wait to heartly enjoy food again!

Chinook : the link u gave i try le.. also predicted is a gal.. ohhh.. the more i try the more excited i am..

Now then I realized we have Addy and Abby here.

Abby.. you were the same as Kate Middleton!!

Chinook.. the link you gave, predicted I will have a girl!!
happy.gif
*so excited*

Wow.. I just realise that from the chart.. if your lunar age is between 31-35.. there are higher chances of having a girl..

Yeah... It is 50-50 guess right? Hmm

It is safe for orange juice I am still drinking every day...

Any mum starts mummy milk powder?

Abby I admire you can breast feed for so long. I don't have milk. Well I tried hard for both babies, both stop less than 2 months. Stress? Don't try enough? Emotion? Well you tell me. I have no idea. Second one I consulted lactation, bought expensive pumps, manual express, it is better than first but still not enough. End up fever few times because blocked blah blah blah... Enough nagging so this time round I thought not even to try!! Bad thoughts ah? Mm

Addy, 16 months toddler wow, that is a period always sticky to you I can imagine. I regretted so much when I seldom hug my elder while preg with second. So enjoy carrying him!
happy.gif

Addy: usually now I drink nutrisoy sugarless, bandung, yakult. Ribena only on my better days. My body doesn't like plain water, taste funny but I try to drink some.

For my constipation I take Brands Prune and mixed berries essence. It's very effective for me.

Yup I breastfeed cos my daughter dun like artificial teats since birth, so no bottle feeding or even pacifier. My HB n I decided b4 birth that I will breastfeed as long as possible. 2yrs+ I only bf-ed in the morning after she wakes n at night b4 sleep.

It's ok if cannot bf, diff babies diff experience. As long as the
baby gets nutrition n is full.

Kate Middleton could stay in hospital longer, I couldn't. Anyway I dun like to stay in hospital so boring n keep disturbing my sleep to take parameters.

For 1st pregnancy I bought mum milk, but I didn't religiously take it, after give birth still have alot leftover. Only my vitamins, n omega fish oil. So this time I
dun see the point. N my body doesn't accept milk.

What is the average birth weight of babies in S'pore? Dr Paul Tseng said my daughter 3.69kg is not considered big. He asked cos he wanted to know why I had an emergency c-section for #1. I saw a chiropractor last yr.

I think my pelvic bone shape not easy for baby to descend properly, cos cervix was dilated till 8cm then no progress n baby in distress. Then doc said umbilical cord in a knot but not around baby's neck.

I guess he is used to caucasian expats who give birth to very large babies.

Abby what brand of fish oil you are taking?

3.69 is considered big in Asia? Well I know some above 4kg but 3.69kg for me petite size is big..

Anewmummy: nope Dr Paul Tseng said in S'pore is not big. But he has lots of expats who give birth to larger babies. But my 1st gynae said baby's size is big n even b4 my edd he kept bringing up induction of labor. N he kept hurrying the labor process when I was in the hospital. most of those who gave birth always smaller than my daughter.

So I dunnoe wat is the average birth weight in S'pore.

My #1 pregnancy I bought my fish oil frm Perth as it's cheaper for abt 400 capsules. Think I shall ask my Aunty who is going over to buy for me. I haven't started eating omega fish oil caps, my nutrisoy drink have omega though.

Now I have blackmores pregnancy &amp; breastfeeding gold in my cupboard. I have Vit c, calcium n folic acid capsules. Oh I have Kordel's Hi Omega 3 capsules too. But I am going to finish my Centrum Pregnancy care first.

Berries,
The chart is very different from the ones that I found online haha. Most of the online ones predicted that I will have a girl but the chart that you and sapphire shared says I'm having a boy so it makes 50-50 ;)

Re: Morning Sickness
Last week was fine, I usually only threw up in the evening for dinner but this week, I felt nauseous throughout! B'fast, lunch and dinner! Dinner is really bad so usually right after eating, I'll puke out within 10 mins. Lunch is bearable if I don't eat too full but I'll get hungry real easy. B'fast is fine as long as its not savoury stuffs like sausage cause I'm in UK now, everyday english bfast till sian :S

Speaking about UK, Quinny Buzz really cheap here so dilemma if I should buy leh. Its $600 SGD after conversion. I have a Zapp and Peg Perego for no.1 though but dont like the Zapp cause its old version, cannot recline so I only use the Zapp as a pram using maxi cosi thereafter I chuck it aside in the storeroom and started using my Peg perego. Love Peg Perego Skate but so ex even in UK. Seems like USA has cheaper deals for strollers. HOW! HOW! Should I buy the buzz? Left with 2 days before I can get it cause flying back on Sat (finally! Missing my no.1 like mad and crying almost everyday in the hotel)

Sapphire,
My gyane saw my no.1's gugu bird when I visited him on my Week 15 of pregnancy but he just tell me go for 20 weeks scan for higher accuracy. At 20 weeks detailed scan, sonographer also indicated that I have a boy and she circled the gugu bird part on the scan haha, but they will stil tell you to wait for 3rd trimester screening for higher accuracy so 3rd trimester and again confirmed that I'm having a boy
happy.gif
My gynae says it is easier to spot baby boy cause of the gugu bird but sometimes baby dont cooperate during the scan, also cannot see so must tell baby be good, cooperate when having the detailed scan.

Orangey: saw ur msg on pre school. I visited Lorna Whiston. Dunnoe whether I should just start my daughter at the kindergarten stage.

Any mummies skipped preschool n just started child at kindergarten stage? It seems like nowadays kids go to school at such a young age. Some even infants.

Orangey.. which part of UK are u in? How come u are there?

I will be in London during from feb to june... hope will not be too bored there!

Abby : wer u get ur breastfeeding gold? is it becoz u concume tat then u can bf so long?

Orangey : i love peg perego too.. using this for my #1 till now.. but really wish to change to quinny buzz.. it is cheap over there!! can buy lor.. spore is selling real EX!!!!if im u.. i tink i will buy..

I was in UK n Europe frm July-Nov this yr. I was so sick of their food. Bread, pasta n potatoes. They dun have a wide variety n not as tasty as Asian food.

But the monk fish with tomatoes rice was tasty in Lisbon.

I was in UK n Europe frm July-Nov this yr. I was so sick of their food. Bread, pasta n potatoes. They dun have a wide variety n not as tasty as Asian food.

But the monk fish with tomatoes rice was tasty in Lisbon.

Back