(2013/07) July 2013

Tks noscon!
happy.gif

I also prefer a female gynae.
My first visit was Dr KC Yeo from TMC. Old gentleman, quite detail in explaining stuff to us...
Next week I am visiting Dr Joycelyn Wong from TMC as well. Will post reviews abt her after my visit!

My gynae is lc foong from glen eagles .have been with him for my two kids . He is very experienced and nice so I have not changed gynae .

I'm with lady gyn, Dr Chen Chern Yi at Punggol. Delivery either at TMC or Mt A. She's not cheap but she's patient & will explain in details.

Today, I just went for my 2nd appt. BB 7wks one day old still cant hear heartbeat but can see a small dot which Dr Chen say is the heart. As my MS is bad & body weak, she give me some med to boost up my body & even give me 2 days MC to rest as she can feel how tired & shagged I am.

Jnc, I do agree nowadays med so exp. My med today already cost me $142.31. Total bill after gyn & scan cost almost $300 just for today. Though heart pain but at least I know my little one is being taken good care
happy.gif

Kellie, we share the same gynae.
happy.gif

Dr Jocelyn Wong is a nice and gentle lady. She spends time with her patients and will go through with you the needful. I've been seeing her since ttc and so far, experience has been positive. Be prepared for long wait though at certain hours. The first 1-2 slots in the morning are usually better. I'll be seeing her next Fri.

Thanks all for the sharing.
Currently, I am with Dr Ang fr Gleneagels. She is nice and patience.
My recent gynae appt which include consultation and ultra scan costed about $200. For medication, she asked me to
buy fr pharmanacy with her letter. Sound reasonable?

heyo.. i was tested positive 2days back... based on my last period day, this shd b a july bb!!! waiting to go gynae tis evening to confirm if i can finish work on time.. hehe.. this will b my #2...

the thread moves really fast sia...

Jnc
I heard of Yvonne Chan.... Whats her package like? Can you share?

Kellie
Yeah please share about your visit to Jocelyn. I'm also interested in her package....
happy.gif

Ling
Just to share my consultation costs with you. It's ard 180 with prenatal vitamins...

HS
Welcome aboard and congratulations
happy.gif

ST
I ate quite a bit of crabs like 2 weeks ago. I was a little worried cos I read online that people advised against it but a little shd be fine if it is thoroughly cooked....
happy.gif
No deep water fish which might contain a lot of mercury though....

i would avoid to eat shell creatures. cos those are deemed "poisonous". but i ate alot of hokkien hay mee during my #1 pregnancy (ie prawns and sotong). other than these 2, i dun touch seafood.

Hi ladies!! Today is my last day of my hospital leave... feeling real terrible... my morning sickness last me the whole day... worst tha my 1st pregnancy... how's everyone feeling?? Anyone heard bb heartbeat already?? I only manage to see blinking sac.. but gynae said too weak to be heard yet...

Berries

Glad you are out of hospital.... Was it because of your morning sickness? I also saw my bb heartbeat blinking....hope to hear it real soon....

Noscon, actually I don't know if she has a package... I was too nervous about the scan and forgot to ask, and the nurse did not mention anything either.... Will check next appt and let u know
happy.gif
FYI my first consultation incl meds cost about $235.. II personally find her quite friendly and patient in answering questions.

Joanne and Ling, as mentioned my first visit incl scan and meds cost about $235... yeah abit heart pain but so long as baby is ok I'll swallow it
happy.gif

ST, I ate crabs during my first pregnancy, no prob... But everything in moderation....as Noscon mentioned do check up on the list of fishes to avoid.

Berries, hope u feel better soon... My ms isn't really bad but already its getting me down so I empathize..

Hi...wow..trend is running so fast alrdy? hee

1 went for my 1st gynae appt at TMC with doc benjamin tham...those with TMC can share share your package? Think mine..doesn't start till wk 12....

Sally...can add me in the fb? can't access...thks

Noscon : thks!! Ya.. due to my terrible morning sickness...cant get to stuff food most of the time... torturing...

Jnc : hope we k feel better soon... n ms wont be getting worse...

Sally : can add me in too?? Will pm u my address..
happy.gif
)

Kulogy : congrats!!

Hi all,

Just tested positive yesterday!

First pregnancy didn't work out well. Hopefully this will be smooth.

Still considering which gynae to go to...

Berries: hope u feel better now! Take lotsa care
happy.gif

Sally: I have PM u my email address already, kindly add me, thank u!

Noscon: ok will share my experience with her after seeing her next week.

MiloQueen: So nice we share the same gynae, oh u have been seeing her since TTC? She's gd at fertility treatment? Asking on behalf of a fren. Tks for the "warning" abt the looong wait. Hmmm we shall be patient
happy.gif

Ladies, at how many weeks are we able to hear the heartbeat? I am into my 7th week.

Kellie, 7W should be able to hear or 'see' (blinking) heartbeat. Some sisters here manage to do so at 6W. Dr Wong not so much of a fertility expert but would be able to give pre-conception advice and diagnose fertility issues through screenings like blood test, hsg etc. She doesn't do ivf so depending if your friend is just starting ttc or looking at further intervention, she may or may not be suitable.

Hi ladies,

I just tested positive yesterday at home, gonna see gynae next week. Seeing dr Judy Wong from tmc. She delivered my no 1, gonna continue with her for this one!

Have a great day everyone!

Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth
tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
Feel more secure and cared for
Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
Have greater success with breastfeeding
Have greater self-confidence
Have less postpartum depression
Have lower incidence of abuse
Taken from: http://www.dona.org/mothers/why_use_a_doula.php

Dear mummies,
I am training to be a doula aka professional labour support. As part of my certification, I am required to attend three births. Below are links, which explain what a doula does and how I can help you have a positive birth experience. Do pm me or email me at [email protected] if you have any queries. Looking forward to hear from you.
www.drmomma.org/2011/05/what-doulas-do.html
www.drmomma.org/2011/04/5-doula-myths-debunked.html

kellie : thanks!!
happy.gif

anyone here have terrible MS? i facing it now.. i vomitted 4 times since this morning.. and im having abit gastric pain and giddy too... im feeling lousy and horrible.. any remedies?

Hey All, I am 8 weeks preggie & since it's first one & we been trying for so many years, really excited & nervous at same time!

Went to KK for scan last week & managed to see blinking heartbeat. Due date is 02 July!

Anyone seeing gyny's at KKH? Looking for recommendations for doctors there.

Thanks!

When will we usually experience MS? I have been feeling breathless these few days. Is it normal?

We have decided to go back for Dr Lim A Leng. A little surprised that the consultation has doubled since last year. If we faced the same problem as last year with Dr Lim, we will change to Dr Jen (AMK).

Hi mummies!

Can i join in the fb group also? I'm expecting my #2 and according to my last gynae visit, it should be 5-6 weeks now.. yet to see the blinking heartbeat, just the sac.. the pregnancy came as a shock as my girl has just turned 1 yr old..

High five Jnc!

For new mummies, when is everyone planning on starting to buy things? My friend send me a list of things to buy for baby- sterilizer, breast pump, stroller etc & starting to get really worried as I have no clue on which brand is good etc!

Hubby saw the list & started counting $$$!

Hi Sally, i think i have also pm-ed you. Can u add me on facebook too. Thanks.

tt baby, right now abit early to buy i think. Look thru the list and keep a lookout for baby fairs etc. Start ur buying spree in 2nd tri when baby has stablised and perhaps u also know the gender (by 4 months)
happy.gif

Valerie: Congrats! This is also my #2 and my #1 is just 12 mths! I think its a sweet surprise for me cos i always wanna a no. 2 ... now that it come as a surprise, i wont have to ttc and be stressed. I hope that everything will go well for me and baby will stablised into 2nd tri. I am in my 5 week and i felt so much more tired than my 1st pregnancy and my MS is coming much earlier; will viomit once a day ...

Hi Felix,

Congrats also! Wow! Then we are exactly the same timing for both kids. Hehe.. I didn't want a #2 so soon or maybe I dun even want a #2 one.. so when it happens, it's more like a shock than surprise. For the #1, I have to go thru IUI to conceive but for the #2 it's natural. That's why people always say, when you want something badly, it will not comes but when you don't want it, it will always comes to you..

I'm feeling very tired too and with backaches.. I still can't feel any MS but totally no appetite.. Unlike my 1st one where I am always hungry.. Have been controlling my diet so that I don't overeat and gain too much weight :p

Btw, my FB email address is [email protected]. Thanks!
happy.gif

Kellie, the request was sent on 15 Nov.. maybe I'll pm u my email add, u try adding me ?

felix, can pm ur email address again ?

Hi Sally, i have also pm you my email addr...

wa..anyone to share wats the list for basic things to prepare/buy?

as we r having 1st one after ttc for 1.5yrs..my hb v gan jiong...keep telling me this cannot eat that cannot eat...haa...are you all refraining from anything? Have you all let ur family members know?

Hi Evelyn,

We r also very excited. We ttc for 2 yrs but before we get a check from gynae, we didn't want to put our hopes too high.

Haven't told any of our families yet but it's so difficult not to share and explain why certain thing cannot eat or do.

Evelyn,

We have been ttc for a year and my hubby also very gan jiong! Keep forbiding me to eat this and that. Hmmm I try to be good, but got craving for crab and sashimi!!

Kellie, same here! Craving for sashimi like mad but just have to tahan la...told my hubby that after give birth he better bring me to eat the best amazing jap food to make up for it!

Felix,yah i agree now to early to buy & still must do alot of research before I even know what to get. Good idea on the baby fairs, i live near expo- so always got one. Can't wait to know the gender then can actually buy the cute baby clothes haha! Somemore my friend coming from the states so def want to her to bring stuff for me!

Hi mummies,

Just tested positive last night and went for confirmation today
happy.gif
Gynae confirmed that I'm 7 weeks pregnant :D My #1 is 2 this year and will be 3years old when #2 comes out. Hehe..

Btw, just wanna get some feedback. This pregnancy was an unexpected one and the thing is I just commited into a new job for about 3 weeks. I went for the employee routine checkup and tested negative for pregnancy so I signed the letter of offer and accepted the job. Started work 1st Nov. Shall I tell my boss that I am pregnant or shall I hold till later? I need to travel to UK for biz trip in Dec and I asked the gynae if this is okay. He said its perfectly fine so wondering if I should announce my pregnancy to my boss after my UK trip?

Hi mummies,

I also went for my first gynae checkup yesterday and I'm about 5 weeks+ preggie...hope to join this thread as and when i can!

Orangey - I think it's up to you when you want to tell. Some pp who are less particular will tell straight away. Some wait till after first trimester is over? Your gynae said ok to travel ah? My gynae told me better not
sad.gif
Hold off any travel till after first trimester....

Rainbow,
Yup, I went to see him today and he said it is generally safe to travel if no major morning sickness. Just asked me to see him before I fly.

Actually I'm worried if they will dismiss me off if they know I'm pregnant now. My boss is based in US but I'm based in Singapore, hopefully she understands. Some people asked me to tell her ASAP so that she knows that it is not that I'm pregnant and did not tell the company but just that it was an unplanned pregnancy. Sigh.. dilemma.

Hi everyone

Congrats to all MTB.

I've went for my gynae visit and my est dd is 7/8 July 2013...had also seek advise whether is it alright to travel in early dec. He gave green light and prescribed duphaston for the trip.

I've been experiencing ms and feeling bloated for the past few weeks. Have not got much appetite for food which is so different from #1; #1 is 3 this year.

Evelyn - my hubby had told his family members as we will be travelling with them.

Sally - I wld like to join the fb group too, how do I go abt?

Orangey..
Then in that case, maybe it's a better idea to be truthful early to your bosses in case they really so particular about the matter. Usually I think if your boss is a married lady with kids, they may be more understanding??

Chocz...your gynae also say ok to travel? Maybe my gynae is more cautious and traditional..hmmz..now I don't know if I should take the risk and travel in mid Dec....haiz...my hb thinks it's ok to just sacrifice the cost and do it another time..but I also feel a bit bad cos my elder boy was looking forward to a short holiday..

Speaking about Duphaston - I missed my periods for 2 months and was on duphaston to induce my menses (its safe for pregnancy as well), partly also cause I had irregular menses all along. Didn't knew that I was pregnant and was shocked when tested positive on Wed night! Panicked about duphaston since I didnt know it was safe for pregnancy prior to asking my gyane about it. He said Duphaston is to protect our pregnancy! Haha.. so I did a good mistake actually ;)

Rainbow,
Yeah, she's married with 3 kids, youngest one same as my #1
happy.gif
She's on thanksgiving today so cannot inform her yet
sad.gif
Just hope that she is a understanding boss. Really need this job cause just upgraded to bigger house so mortgage will be an issue. Sigh..just hope that I am being paranoid and hope that my boss is okay with me being pregnant. I really didn't know I'm pregnant what...

Back