(2013/06) June 2013

alison,
i won't advise to stock up on diapers. some babies' bums are sensitive to particular brands and turn red. others don't. so better to wait until the baby is out to stock up. but it's ok to collect samples now.

Alison: for postnatal, they'll come to my house but I've to pay transport fee which range from $7 - 20 per day. So that's also an additional cost.

Good morning!

Have just book my delivery package at KKH private suite yesterday. The price is gone up a lot! The nurse said the price have increase twice in the pass 6 months!

Any mummy can share me postnatal massage lady contact number?

gd morning mummies!

so happy it's FRIDAY!
my massage package also seems exp compared to many others...but my friend tried and tested so i think i'll pay for it..hehehee

yea...prices have gone up quite abit...even for Mt A too...i havent so called booked anything yet though..havent sign up for the ladies card at Mt A too..

i'm planning to take the maternity tour maybe in my next 2 visits or so when i can have the day off...coz my next appt have to rush back to work after that.

Estherless,
How much is the package now ? I'm also seeing my gynae at KKH private suite but am wrking under singhealth so e lady at the reception suggested tat I don need to sign up for it.

I've a licensed post natal massage lady but she is only available in the morning cos need to look after kiss in noon. Pm me if interested. ;)

Hope everyone is doin well.

Anyone has done the maternity tour at GlenE? I've called to book and the nearest available weekend date is mid May. Not sure when I'll have to do the preregistration also. I might also go mt A have a look...

Hi chewie, is it cheaper if we use the carters code? and thank you so much.. received all the items in good condition except that i feel the carters cutting is a bit small.. shld have order bigger size instead.. lol..

mabelths, i also prefer to hold at my place but the thought of cleaning up really kill off the idea.. thats why planned to hold at pavilion instead.. if not will be using my friend's condo function room... still not confirm yet...

vivi, mind sharing ur contact of the massage lady? mine is charging me @ $50/hr and i dint try her before.. btw, need to pay additional for transport?

mummies, i bathed once everyday during my first confinement.. i personally feel theres a need to keep ourselves clean esp if we are bf-ing mom.. i dont like sticky feeling and i dont wan any germs go to the baby! but of cos have to bathe with the herbs and warm boiled water only..

birdbird: I have done the GlenE maternity tour a month ago. I am today 28 weeks and will do my preregistration next week, when i go for my next visit.

Fefe, I'm few days further along compared to you!
happy.gif

Is this roughly when we need to pre-register if we're delivering at GlenE? How was the tour? If I go for the tour mid May is that too late or unnecessary huh...

I have done my preregistration last month. Think normally by May, all preregistration should already be done for your selected hospital.

went for my monthly checkup.. my gynae told me that he dont encourage me to go for natural birth cos my #1 was c-sect.. he said that if the wound tear, bb will be in danger.. and if i want to try natural, i have to deliver at KKH as they can save the bb immediately if anything happened..

is it true? my mom told me my twin elder bro were c-sect while im natural.. also bo tai chi~

birdbird: I think usually you preregister so it's less hassle on the day of delivery. Imagine the chaos you have to handle when you are on your way to the hospital....hehehe. Once you preregister, they will give you a code/number and that's all you need to provide when you "check in".

The tour was quite alright. Went to see the delivery suites and the maternity wards as well. Baby nursery too!! The super high end ones I never pay attention liao. Very comfortable with the facilities at GlenE.

I feel it's good to go for the tour leh. Cos they will tell you when you come into hospital, where your husband should alight or park", parking charges, rooming charges (if you are getting single bed and your husband plans to room in),etc. Alot of details which we may not even have thought of at the moment! And best is you get to ask questions! Like some people ask how many pumps be available, how many nurses to 1 baby, can hold baby together in ward etc).

At least you also get to see where your husband be holding at, or your family members when you are delivering. Most importantly, get to manage your expectations abit. I strongly encourage you to go!!

Thanks Fefe! Looks like I could do the pre-reg first then wait till May to do the tour - sounds interesting!

By any chance we could very well be warded at the same time!

I'm tempted to choose 2-bedder, to save cost (big difference between 2 and 1 bedder in GlenE!) but kinda wish my hubby and baby can bunk in...

Hi Tricia , the price b4 subsidy is $4678 if I am not wrong. As the document at hm. Medisave can claim up to $2100 and upfront cash is $1706.

Lilac
That time I had the CL she told me forst 2 weeks no bath only wipe but she boiled the herbal pack. I dont care I just go ahead and bath quickly.... Wipe down not clean de might as well bath...

Tricia
Little Dreamers I used before we did a group buy before with fellow mummies in March. I was thinking to order their confinement items but then there is a delivery charge so if buy 1 item bo hua so now I am kiving it.
This time planning no CL so I am going to bath everyday... at least no one nag at me ! I dont think it is very hygenic to not bath !

Hapieger
$50 not more extra charges for transport. Mdm Mas 9051 0005, you can try. But note she dont do massages in weekends.

Esther- tks for the info..then i can estimate how much to pay for it.

Vivi- I'll be buying a few items, heard from my friends tat some items are worth buy. June will be very hot, tink gotta shower everyday with all the herbs n organic stuff.

Hapieger
For me the binding does help in terms of flattening the tummy. For best result once she bind if you can remain overnight will be the best but I cant so I did massage and binding in the morning and removed it about evening.

Tricia
What will you be buying?

Birdbird: but maybe the maternity tour can change your mind on how many bedder room to choose? Hehe. The single bedder one has garden view. But anyway, ample space in the 2 bedder for 2 mothers imo. And your baby gets to bunk in with you nonetheless. Just the hubby part.

I want 2 bedder but my husband prefers 1. Said it's easier for the mother to rest cos may have another baby crying at the side. Also, he heard stories from his colleagues about the family burning some incense etc and requested for change of room. Let me know which you decide!

When is your edd? Maybe we be ard same time! Hehe.

Vivi- I be buying the shampoo, body wash, healing spray, massage cream for tummy... But am waiting for my hubby to be back from japan, probably ordering end of the month. I went to Tianjin last year bought few packet of heat pack for muscles aching brand ' wen Bao Bao ' but can't use during preggie. I tink after popped, it's quite gd for back aching n tummy warmer. There's also heat pack for eyes, I bought some via Q10 abit Kia Su scared later on nite duty during confinement ...tired eyes ;(

Fefe, my EDD is 10th June. Oh yah good point about the roomie and her guests being noisy... Maybe earplugs might help? :p must we decide on the type of room upon pre-registration?

Bird bird: the following are required for preregistration:

- I/c of both patient & husband
- medisave account Holder's passport or cpf member card
- maternity bed reservation form
- Marrriage cert
- original receipt if sntenatal receipt (for baby bonus claims)

So guess it requires your indication on room preference?

Why not go for the weekday tours? Your gynae not at glene?

Fefe, thanks for the info! The weekday tours are at 1pm... May ask the hubby to take time off work then. Yes, my gynae's clinic is at GlenE, that's why he 'prefers' his patients to deliver there la! What about you? When's your EDD? Should be v close!

At Mt A if you opt for 2 bedded, they dun allow husband to stay too late and overnight. The nurse said got other mommy so not convenient for a guy to stay in. Not too sure about other hospital.

Lilac: I went for babyfair yesterday. Quite small imo. Not crowded. Robinsons on the other hand was really packed!

Birdbird: My edd is 12 June!
happy.gif

Tricia
The healing spray is nice !

Kome
I think Mount A seems to be stricter compared to TMC. The other time I was upgraded to the 2 bedded ward in TMC, I could hear the neighbour husband snoring away while I cant sleep ....

Mummies
any idea when is the timing for the hospital tour for Mount A? Planning to go soon there to look see look see.

Vivi
Ohhh.....than tmc is more lenient. That time my hubby tried to stay behind at MtA but been chase away by nurse during midnight.

Hello Chewie, sent in my wishlist for Carter's and checked out from your website already. Are we supposed to apply your code MSC2BHE anywhere before we check out? Coz I didn't do that... (0.0)

morning mummies!

i went for a swim over the weekend and i feel much more refreshed and alive! i think it's a gd exercise as it is low impact and gentle on your joints
happy.gif

oh coz u will have pple literally 'staring' though..like they nv see pregnant mummies before..haha..but the lifeguard was really nice. when he saw me and my hubby, he quickly walk over to me to tell me to becareful on certain parts that can be slippery and ask my hubby to help me into the pool with the side steps
happy.gif

Hi all,

Havent been ard for awhile coz I have been on heavy meda n hosp leave to bed rest for more than a wk. Was admitted abt a wk back for potential pre term labour so now gotta b on meds to control my contractions n hopefully tahan till at least 34 wks..anyway supposed to do 3D scan this weds after my appt review w gynae. .hopefully can do coz dunno if the pressing down on tummy for long period of time during the scan will b bad for my situation so mus ask gynae..but really wanna do coz did for #1..so lookin forward to it

Thanks vivi. I have msged mdm mas.. still can't decide which one to take... the other contact is mdm zaliah.. not sure anyone use her service before or not..

Chewie, can we still order from carters?

Dear Mummies,

I'm new to this forum, please add me to the list. I am currently expecting my second baby.
happy.gif

Nick : Joyfulmama
EDD : 24th June 2013
Gynae : Prof Mary Rauff
Baby # : 2
Hospital : NUH

Thanks!

<font color="119911">Update: Our Pumpin Pals are reaching within the next few days. I will contact the mummies who ordered once it is here. I expect the remaining Medela bottles this week too. If anyone is keen on other Medela accessories, pls check out the prices I got from the Amazon merchant here (prices incl. intl shipping) - http://iwannaspree.com/spree/medela</font>

yveyve, yes I got your order. Once Pumpin Pal is here I will contact you on the first batch ok. Don't worry about the discount code. I will confirm the price charged once I place your order. Carters is around 25%

hapieger, yes pls submit soon cos today is last day for 50% off on the site. I think I have around 2 more batches to place, hope to clear by this afternoon. Carters is around additional 25% off on top of the listed price

mummync, take care!! Hope everything goes well with the rest!

Short week ahead, yay
happy.gif

By the way, can #1 also stay in hospital if we get single room??

mummync
Oh dear....how many weeks are you now? Have more rest and take care.

chewie
Hehe.....i place ordered for carters again. :p

You intend to let #1 stay with you when you deliver? Actually am thinking if i can let my 2 sons stay with me also when i deliver. Will miss them during my hospital stay lor, but alot of other things need to be consider.

Hi mummies to be

I have the following items to let go. Please pm me or contact me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Philips Avent (Brand New)
1 X 6 piece Breast Shell Set

1 X Moisturising Nipple Cream

2 X 260ml/9oz classic feeding bottles with 1m+ teat

2 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat
1 X 125ml/4oz classic feeding bottles with 0m+ teat

2 X classic bottles nipple 1m+

2 X classic bottles nipple 0m+ (2 sets)
4 X classic bottles nipple 0m+ without box

10 X Breast Milk Containers 180ml/6oz

Pigeon (Brand New)
2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Standard-neck Bottle Size S

2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Wide-neck Bottle Size S

2 X Peristaltic Nipple for Standard-neck Bottle Size M (2 sets)

Pumpin’ Pal (used less than 5 times)
Handsfree Breastpumping Strap

Medela (used less than 5 times)
PersonalFit Breastshield - S (21mm)
PersonalFit Breastshield - M (24mm)

Thank you.

Mummync,
Do take care...I'm alredi on bedrest almost a mth HL cos suprapubic bones pain and preterm contraction but not on medicines...I'm also hanging on till bb big enough to pop.Talk to bb , I did to my boy everyday and listen to symphony 92.4FM and am blessed tat my parent noe how to cook n well taken care cos hubby wrking on a project in japan. I'll pray for u and bb..rest well ;)

Mummync and Tricia: do rest well and hope you both get better! keep talking to your baby and most imptly...believe that you are both well and healthy and will deliver your babies well!
happy.gif
I'll pray for you both too!
happy.gif

Meiliew
Thanks for the information, I will just have to arrange the timing to be together with gynae appointment so easier.

How do we go about registering the tour?

Hapieger
Hmm that time I smsed Mdm Ida and she referred me to Mdm Zaliah and I also dont know how good is she. So judging that I used before Mdm Maz so I took back her than trying for someone new.

Kome
I think for TMC depends on luck on the nurses as in who you met that time.

Kome, chevelle, thanks receive your orders
happy.gif
hapieger, preferably by 9 so I can submit to Carter's n go to zzz. I've already added all my pending orders to cart and waiting for any last min orders

Back