(2013/06) June 2013

hi, zoers
im working.. recently bodyache gettings bad.. =(
MS still ok. but the puking urge stil comes on n off ..
worse i got sensitive nose, always like sneezing.
sianz

Zoers, im working too.. finding it hard to give it my all like before pregnancy. Sometimes very busy but cant work all the way. need to take break for food and rest.

BTW, my colleague who did not take epi now also have backache post pregnancy. Maybe due to bb heavy during pregnancy or now always carrying BB... so i tink very hard to pin point isit cause by epidural

Zoers,

Backpain is not due to side effect of epidural..cos we kept carryin bb..

My side effect was shivering n feverish after delivery..ok e next day..

800 buck appro is e cost of epi..

I have one forum mummy 28..gave birth to 3..nvr go for epi..she says she enjoy e pushing part..

i am working too.. will steal a break on and off.. i have a picnic bag with me at work.. so i can snack.. lolz..

my colleague is on exam leave this week, so i have to tahan till she is back...

Hi Absentmama,
I also hv bloodclot n was having spotting last week. Was given a week mc. Bb is 7w3d.
Doc estimated edd 29jun. Still monitoring but this week is v tiring. Dont know if its coz of the placenta makin process.
Guess the mc came at a good time to rest.

Mummies (to-be), do you keep getting fainting spells or fainted? Just the past 2 days i fainted 5 times. Gynae cant tell why but he elimiate the possbilities of etpoic pregnacy, which fainting is a common sympton. Kind of worried now.

Hiyooo everyone
happy.gif

Angel:
Wah u take tt often? Todate I avoid icy drink hehe

Kis:
Ya gd easier hehe, my fb loaded so much easier at my Wkplc then SMH page

Backache:
Don't think due to epi coz I had tt during my #1 but I have no backache . Mine is planned csec as #1 head big so Gynae suggest csec if not end up is emergency csec also

Zoers:
Me wking too

Dolphin:
Ya do u have anemia ? I only felt giddy when I'm in my wk6-7

Hi How everyone today?

How i wish it still a holiday today.. tiring and MS is at the peak now. feeling so weak at work.

These days i cant take plain water.. look like i am having alot of sugar drink.. very scare my sugar level go up.. dunno how
sad.gif

Windy try cold fizzy drinks for your ms? I sip soda water almost every hour and it helps a lot.

Dolphin - agree that your blood pressure could be low. Mine is generally around 95/56 when I'm pregnant and I'm always dizzy too. Try consuming more salt

absentmama,
ya lo.. i am into fizzy drinks now.. but i very scare sugar level later too high. Want to take more plain water.. but its just feel so yucky..

You try taking plain soda water? Just the fizz and no sugar or calories. We buy the schweppes brand by the caaeload. Or else maybe 100 plus or fizzy Ribena also good. Not too sweet.

My back is very pain after siting or standing for more than 5 to 6 hrs. Need to lay down and rest.

Yippeee........finally i can see bb tmr morning. Hopes everything will be fine for me.

Think my appetite getting better, last few weeks cannot even finish 1 bowl of soup noodles and now i can finish them all. But my choices of food are limited, coz must see which one that i wish to eat, if not will not have appetite also.

Thanks mummies. Gynae din check my blood pressure... Guess i should see doc to check?? Taking more salty helps? ok i will try...

today vomitted 4 times! now drinking honey lemon - gong cha! heh heh..

Yes yes pls have FB account. It will be so much easier to chit chat!
happy.gif

Hello all mummies,

Hope every mummy here is well and with good appetite.

How I wish today is a holiday... Dont feel like working up for work at all.. Still have to drag my feet to work.
sad.gif

I support the idea of setting up a FB account.
happy.gif

Zoers

I'm working too in TMC.

My Angel is Back

I dun take buuble tea often maybe one week once or twice onli.

for my ms usually i take gassy isotonic drink. kinda help.

Dolphin

too much salt intake will cause more water retension. must take note.

FL

Same!! everything i eat must have chilli padi or sambal if not i jus cant eat.

Angel Ho
High five! Chilli padi is a must for me too.

I also prefer to chat in FB grp. Seldom come in here.

As for whether to take epi or not, depends on yr treshold level of pain and hw long is the labour bah. I went w/o epi for my 1st bcos I was in labour for 3hrs only. Baby pop out even before I use the laughing gas. Hopefully this time also chop chop then no need epi!

FL:
Me same as u , all the spicy foods hehe

Windy:
Try mug rootbeer it's has no caffeine. But try not to also. Me really no choice then take once b4.

Dolphin:
Tts weird . For mine every appt b4 see Gynae need tame blood pressure, weight n urine test then wait to see Gynae

Angel:
Try reduce as much as possible coz ice blended really icy leh.
Haha I sound like baggy mummy

Thanks mummies... Will try to be positive. Btw, my gynae gave me EDD 30th June next Yr but yesterday v scan at kkh shows EDD 11th July.... Why is this so???

bearbaby

mayb ur gynae edd is based on ur last lmp.. e v scan could b more accurate as u could ovaluate later than expected or mayb ur bb is not growing so fast...

angel,

i also tried to refrain cold drink..heard bb gets asthma easily..

Bearbaby: i experience the same as u before.. i actually worry when come to like bb nt growing fast.. i look forward to next fri appt..
technically if based on LMP my edd shd be 11 june .. but my gynae say she dun committ first til next appt then see fr the scan then determine

hi all, feel so sick still and really no energy or mood to do anything at work..

anyway as for epi...i went for epi..hahah i was induced for #1..went thru 18 hrs of labour n then had to e c-sect ....
i v gutless..once dr decided to burst my water bag i immediately told him give me the epi now!!! in fact..i had to wait n eat my brekkie thru the pain coz dr was caught up elsewhere...lol..but i suffered v bad side effects frm the epi..kept puking n shivering...so i dunno pain worse or shivering worse..coz not cold but kept shaking n v miserable..really felt like dying..then jus before i had my op..i vomitted while on the op table...oops hope im not scaring u girls..but i will still opt for epi c-sect this time la..altho i hafta say the back ache part is quite true..i get it too...its those achy rainy weather backache...on n off..i feel tt its frm the epi..

Mummync, maybe 2nd time round your epidural experience will be different? My first I was also shivering and vomiting throughout, and breaking out in hives all over plus ultimately the epi didn't work well enough to relieve the pain and i felt every single snip when the gynae did the episiotomy!!! 2nd time totally different. No shivering and better pain relief

mummync
Wahh......really so bad? My 1st was GA. Consider emergency coz during last trimester had not been sleeping well and blood pressure shoot up few days before my c-sect. On the actual day, blood pressure overshot and blood ooz out. Went back to asked gynae and he said need to c-sect immediately if not might get stroke and bb might died.

#2 went c-sect due to head too big and this time i opt for epi. Really regretted lor.......dunno is it the doasge not enough or what. I can feel the pushing and pulling and shouting at the operation room. Think backpain due to epi might be true. My back always pain.

I have no mood to work too, now hiding in office toilet.. Feel like I need to puke but I hate that retching feeling so trying to hold everything in.

Kome I think most mothers will have back pain leh. Mostly from carrying baby. I have it worse after 2nd kid and ppl say its because I didn't do confinement. But when I asked around even those who did the proper confinement also get back pain. Also don't think it's due to epidural lah.. More like muscle strain cos prior to pregnancy and giving birth we never used to hold a weight against our waist every day all the time. And after bb is born we're carrying them non-stop and always bending and lifting...

dolphin - i experienced giddy spells.. i realised that it could be something to do with my bra.. a bit too tight.. when the spells hit, i will throw up within the next 15 mins or so..

kome / absentmama : my first was c sect with GA.. i was timid amd the recovery process took a week or so.. but i had a tough time navigating around the house and was totally reliant on my husband, even during bath time. This time round, hoping for natural, so that the recovery process is shorter and i can in turn spend time with my #1 and bb..

me had roast meat rice for lunch.. i only took the crispy part.. haha..

Mummy nc

i also had the same exp after taking the epi. vomited water n keep shivering. even my hub ask me y i so cold lol. i say i canot control. my teeth jus chatter n chatter.

angel, absentmama - ya...very bad shivering right..so im not the only one..my husband see me until so xin ku..n he dunno wat to do..i was sooo 'gone' tt when my dr came to chk my dilation coz baby in distress..i was like half aslp i tink then he said need to c-sect..i was like ok watever...lol

absentmama, i believe the pain is different...not the muscle ache or strain type le...

kome, ya mine also..but they kept uping the dosage coz i can still feel the pain..up until the highest liao..then my baby in distress coz keep trying to force himself out even tho dilated to 4cm only...poor thing..

Babybear:
Ya like what Kis said , high chance u ovulated late. Me too based on LMP I shd be may mummy but based on ovulation I'm June mummy coz if based on LMP they default ovulation is 2 wks after but some of us might be 3-4wks later.

Epi/Mummync/kome/angel:
I gotten tt terrible side effect too! Mine planned csec , it's expected as what I'm told by the anestistist as it means the epi is taking effect
sad.gif

Happy gal:
I had tt just now! I'm thinking is it baby kicking me hahs at the wrong plc

My angel is back. i ask my fren, she say its normal cos tummy expanding.. initially i also tot izzit bb kicking but cant be lei.. so fast meh? haha

absentmama, I just read back on the posts i missed n realised all ur kids are 21 mths apart..hehe my #2 will also be 21 mths apart from my boy...

n im 29...depending on when i choose to c-sect hahah before or after my birthday..i may or may not have my #2 kid before i turn 30 :p

When I found out I was Preggy , I used a lot of different apps to calculate the EDD, all says 28May. But when I finally see the doc , he say waterbag very small can't see, I'm so worried I went to doc again the week for another scan, this time he say I ovulated 1 week late. And EDD should be 3june. I went for appointment again today, EDD changed to 1st June. So dunno how accurate is it lor.
Today saw my baby 4.7cm and keep moving and bouncing in my tummy. Can't help but burst out laughing. So cute!!
Next week going in 2nd trimester le!!!! =)

I love subway too. Now I try not to eat too much deli meats as I read from books not to eat them. But my doc say can eat anything that is cooked.

zoers, u will see the edd keep moving +/- a few days depending on baby's growth..my #1 was a big baby so my edd kept moving earlier n earlier lol...anyway just estimated ya ;) so fast 2nd tri for u alrdy!!
happy.gif

My elder sis gave birth to 3 without epidural... v li hai... i think i will need epidural... but looking at the side effects... i also dun know...

Sorry mummies for the randomness.. I jus took the baking soda gender test.. N it seems like the result a boy lol.. I did it purely for fun.. Duno how accurate it will be haas.. Watch too much youtube lol

The instruction as follows

One teaspoon of baking soda
Use first pee n pour the container with baking soda

If it fisses like gassy drink means a boy if no reaction a girl..

Best to using clear transparent container so u can see from the side whether its fussing

Absentmama
My girl is born on September 2011. Is your #1 child born sept too?

XP
I give birth my #1 girl without epidural as our mom and grandmum also without epidural to give birth us. We can do it also.

Today visit gynae inform that baby grow very fast 4.1cm EDD change to 6 jun 2013. Is really clam down myself.
Pass 2 weeks was so worry as at the sametime I have another 2 best friend also pregnant. We happy that we are getting bb at together but they 1 by 1 tell me negative news. 1st was telling me bb no heart beat and stop growing. 2nd friend tell me that egg not in good shape and bb didn't grow also have to do surgery. The news was make me feel do down. I wish my bb healthy.

Back