(2013/05) May 2013

Dr receipt meaning the gynae visits huh? This one can claim 450 only rite?

How abt for delivery? Can deduct from mediasave?

Fabbie: same loh..every day sure have complain one me. Actually i m those very qing cai one n scare trouble, just swallow n do..but duno is maternal instinct or wad, i not happy i just voice it out and make it very sarcastic..haiz..

Jill: full term! Exactly today is the EDD. haha!! but she c-section. cos bb heart beat drops. I so scare leh!! my office from last yr till now all preggy goes for c-section!! like got curse eh!! =x

wow seems like some of us here are experiencing contractions already. do take care everyone. a few more weeks to full term. jia you!

totally agree with fabbie that staying in hospital is very shiok! too bad it's exp else I will stay longer LOL. But this time round got #1 waiting for me at home so I think I would miss him and wanna go home soon.

medisave:
the medisave claims etc the hospital will assist to settle so no need to worry. When we admit, we will pay a deposit. Then when we discharge, the hospital will calculate the final bill minus the medisave claimable and the deposit then we just pay the balance.

constipation:
very common esp when bb gets bigger. i'm taking lactus now which helps to soften the stool as recommended by gynae. can get off-the-shelf at guardian etc. works very well. must take care to control the constipation else very easy to get piles.

cloth diaper:
for#1 we tried using cloth diaper at first cos it's more airy and better for the delicate skin of bb. but i think after 2 weeks or so we gave up and used disposable mainly LOL. it's too tiring to wash and my parents were helping me with confinement then. this time round got CL and maid so will try using cloth diaper again.

travelling with bb:
so far went for a few trips with my #1 already. the furthest was to korea. my hubby is quite strongly against going overseas with bb cos too much of a hassle. so usually i have to negotiate with him. one trip without bb in return for a trip with bb LOL. would highly recommend bringing our kids overseas just before they turned 2 years old as the infant airfare is much much cheaper!

Xuan - when did you book your 1bedder in Mt A ah? My clinic's nurses nv mention anything abt booking rooms...only collect deposit for normal delivery from me! hahaa. Will rem to ask the nurses tmr if I shld book the room too...

Travelling with bb
- Wld love to travel during the 4mths ML coz its like 'free' vacation leave. haha but scared bb too small....we are considering to have a staycation in Sentosa during the 4mths ML instead. Somewhere nearby but still away from home. Then maybe go Australia for a family trip at the end of the yr when bb is ard 6/7mths old.

Ahhh, I keep reading abt contractions and delivery....sometimes I feel super scared and nervous but sometimes I feel v.excited abt the labour. Hahaha I hope when the time really comes I feel excited instead of nervousness..

Sleepy skies: mmm. They asked me on my last appointment . Like 3weeks ago? I'm a week 27 that time... She ask me which hospital n bed, then she help me fill up form n do for me. I think this sat I need pay deposit for doctor fee also Liao.. I'm feeling the same as u! My colleague jus pop today. C section...last min baby heart beat drops.

Can I ask anyone still taking the an tai yao ~ utrogestan? I have took for 2 weeks le, thinking if I should continue for another week before I see gynane next week. He gave me 3 weeks supply. I feel so super drowsy after eating and will doze off immediately. But the tightening of the tummy has reduced quite a bit. I only feel once or twice a day now. Scare of pre term and at the same time worry about the aide effect. Arrgghh

Min, I still continue to take, but on and off. Not everyday. If u scared drowsy , just take at nite

Re: Pumpin pal super shield
Can I check which size is suitable?

JC: haha i know how it feels lol but also good not happy voice out so people wont "eat" you haha u are the queen now! hehehe

Xuan: u shall break the curse!! u will go natural. dont worry! hehe

Irene: haha ya.. i think i bet my no.1 will say i want to stay with mummy in hospital. LOL so i cant wait to go home after i give birth! kaka

BBK usually normal size M ba. but i felt the shield is quite useless leh.

Bbkk: thanks for the advice. I have been taking only at night (that was his instructions, 2 pills per night). Seeing so many people start to have contractions and got warded, i got frightened and thinking if i should "take the risk" not to eat.

Single Bedded:
i haven discussed with hubby on the costs. But i think i will take single bedded cos 1st timer, i really have no cue what to expect. I will get very stress up when there is a lot of "strangers" walking in and out when i am trying to do bf.

JC: You are not the only one hahah. i am getting so bad tempered too. Argued with colz, keep voicing out my unhappiness. What i do these days are i put on my ear phone and listen to music while at work. I do not want to hear unhappy and make myself upset.

Min / JC:

I'm also getting more and more short-tempered... especially when colleagues ask me silly questions. Will just flip...

not good, not good...

people will say 'aiya...pregnant lah, give in to her' -_- hard to please everyone...

Min : i also listen to music. Jap company suppose to be quiet 1 but recently these people speak as though they have mic...my ear piece from those normal size put 1 ear, now change to headphone liao -_-

My cousin jus popped yday too... baby was huge.. 3.4kg. amazing. im feeling sharp pain jus below my chest area starting from this morning. Not sure why...

JC: haha, i wish i can change to headphone. I can only pluck in one side of my earphone if not i can't hear when boss is calling me. i am becoming the anti-social one in office now. don't really like to discuss my pregnancy with my colleague, when i say i am tired, etc.. they will have a lot of comments like i did not walk enough lah, never eat this and that lah.

haha..i sitting beside my boss nia. If she need me, she will wave at me or use our internal chat.

i don't discuss much also unless is lunch time or break time. but so far my colleagues quite nice, they won't say much abt the pregnancy. we gossip more on office people lah..hhahaah

jill: I've been feeling the sharp pain for quite some time already. like months back. doctor said nothing wrong.. probably baby stretching then press on my rib. I'm still experiencing it now. Then I will rub rub n press press n push push his 'legs' down. hahaha tell him I very pain...ask him move away his legs. hahaha. and somehow, it works for me :p

Morning mommies!
happy.gif

Finally Thursday...cant wait for Friday and the wkend man. These few weeks seem to fly past...good coz wkdays v.tiring but scary coz it means we are getting closer and closer to our edd! My fren's wife just popped yesterday early morning...from their FB updates, it seems like the wife's labour was almost 1.5day long! omg :S

Xuan - I will ask my clinic's nurses today abt booking the room. Macham like book hotel room like that. hahaha. Dont worry, am sure you can have a natural birth!
happy.gif

Re: Short tempered
Me too...I feel like I need to express my unhappiness/anger/frustration at that moment, wait or tahan awhile also cannot. Although after that I regret being so short-fused...and all the words I said (coz like not v.good for bb). Whenever I keep quiet or looked abit not happy, my hb will call me angry bird then tell bb 'see mommy always get angry so easily' etc....makes me even angrier! lol

Cloth diapers
- I saw some mommies talking abt modern cloth diapers earlier. Can I know where to buy and which brands are good? I have prepared newborn disposable diapers liaos then yesterday my mom and sis insisted I get cloth diapers for bb coz its much better and its v.impt. Told them v.mafan to wash lehs...but they kept insisting. Hai...dont want to argue too much so I said ok, I go buy those modern type although I have no idea whats the difference between the modern and old type. hahaha. Hope mommies can advise pls!
happy.gif

cloth diaper need to put a linen /lining inside 1 huh?

i dont think i getting leh...very troublesome.

actually i never touch bb poo poo before leh. I really don't know i can handle this portion when he is out -_-....literally is clear people shit..haha

Night terrors/ nightmares:

My boy has crying every night for the whole week, from about 9am to 1am..then sometimes at 3am too. I am not sure is it night terrors or he is having nightmares...but is very tiring cos I am always kept awake..Any mummies experience this before? How soon will this pass? Really buay tahan.

This lack of sleep is making my very short tempered too. Every day also feel like scolding pple!

Morning moms to be!

sleepyskies: I brought bumwear's cloth diapers starter set because so happened to come across their booth during last fair. Look promising.I choose modern one as traditional one look easier to leak.

JC: You mean insert or nappy liner? Nappy liner is in case baby poo. Just clear the poo into toilet bowl then throw the liner is your is not biodegradable. Oh, and baby's poo is very clear de. Much cleaner than ours. LOL

Short-tempered: Me too. I even mastered the arts of heck care-ness toward others who give me rubbish. Don't even talk or acknowledge them if they get on my nerve.

Good morning mummies!

Maternity packages
That time I went mount Alvernia tour their rates also increased this year. Seems like all the hospital increases their pricing... Sian...

Cloth diapering
I think not common practice in Singapore and my fren told me not to be 'over ambitious' lol. I haven't tried it yet so can't give true reviews yet la. I think first thing is you are willing to wash the diapers without feeling disgusted. I heard breastfed babies diapers dun really smell.

Use the water hose/spray to rinse the poo poo in the toilet then can machine wash the diapers. Got few systematic methods online to wash them, up to personal preference so good to read up and see which you prefer.

If really into it hor you really can save a lot on disposable diapers, less nappy rash, and they can be potty-trained earlier cos they feel the wetness.

JC, you will be surprise at the change once bb is out. you look forward to their poo everyday. If they dun poo, you will be stressed... you will find that you never love poo so much in your life.. wahahaha...
recently my boy keep having constipation problem. i am super stressed. seeing his tummy getting bigger and bigger till no choice have to insert the pump for him to poo.. no joke sia.

charliebrown,
you might wanna consider getting your husband to attend to your boy from now onwards. Are you going to bf your no 2? if yes, need to start to handover no 1 to hubby already. else when no 2 is out how are you going to handle both kids at the same time.

chiro,
i agree with you. for my number 1 i also bought those bumwear for my boy. till date. the bum wear is still sitting in the drawer nvm used before.
Guess i was over ambition the last time round thinking since i am home during ml, can use cloth diaper save money. instead i wasted my money... haiz...

bbkk: i'm using L size for the pumpin pal breast shield. you can check with mumsfairy on what size is suitable for you. personally I like it a lot and I find the material more durable than the medela shields. i used it together with the handsfree kit.

JC: yup for cloth diaper better to put a nappy liner inside so that it's easier to clean when bb poo. and don't worry about the poo. bb poo is not smelly, esp if u feed BM. it only starts to get smelly when they start solid. and you will be very interested in his poo cos it's an indication of bb's well being also LOL

my mil was commenting not to buy too many diapers. Say that baby may not like certain brands. Then she made a comment about using cloth diaper...

then my hubbs replied "no one wash la! you dont want to wash as well right? so use disposable one lo"

then my mil just replied "ya. no one use now la. very ley chey!"

to which i replied "got la. my colleague's baby lo. the in-law and the mum insisted that the baby use cloth diaper so she use lo. But she has a maid la. The maid will hand wash all the baby stuff"

then her eyes big big! hahaha!

Bbkk/ Irene: I just ordered from BP seller for the hands free kit and the pumpin pal shield. I saw from video like not bad and convenient eh.anyway, I already paid liao. hahah. good or not only got to try liao then know. my neh neh not big so I got the size M eh. LOL!

Cloth diapers: wow! I realize a lot of the olden parents LOVE cloth diapers!! My PIL also asked me buy cloth diapers!!! I bought the old types one. too modern later they dono how to use. my MIL insisted that need to buy lo. so end up I bought 2 packets. Haha. When i go back work, I dono where she gonna find the time to wash. seriously~ she tell me can save quite a bit of money and less diaper rash. Then I listen to her lo. she taking care of baby, so I just follow her instruction better =X hahah!

Xuan: Same lo. Was telling hubbs that probably buy 1 set (ie: half a dozen or a dozen) to be on standby.

i really feel that it's quite impossible to wash. Even if you save on diaper, you will spend on electricity and water cos i would think that you must change the cloth diaper every time the baby pee right?

at least for the disposable one, you can change only when the diaper is soaked...

talking about the washing ladies.. can i check, do you all mixed the bb clothes with our clothes to wash? I am thinking the basket of bb clothes will not fill up the washing machine and i am afraid my mil will wash everything together. I am quite fussy and i hope to separate the washing but thinking how to tell mil.

BBK: i felt u rather buy a normal meddle shield. u can try soft shield not bad. but its up to ya preference hee cuss for me i prefer soft shield. hard shield makes my breast so painful. but u can try cuss it depends. i heard hard shield can force the milk out more. hahaha but anyway since i have the pumpin pal strap don't think i need the shield that is downwards cuss u can adjust. see u lor. if not comfortable u can try. just a suggestion nia. ^^

cloth diaper;
i shall stick to diapers! lol confinement this n that with BF is really quite stressing plus another cloth diaper i will go crazy hahaha

charliebrown: he play too much is it?

fool4love: ya leh some babies may not suitable for certain brands. is either the butt not right or what that will leak. LOL last time i use huggies for nb everything is good but ex. then slowly change to mammypoko seems good i like the softness but my gal wore it leaks. duno why. haha. so change n change till stick to dryers haha

Min: dont wash together with our clothings.. when they bigger already then i start to mix together
happy.gif
usually we will just split baby clothings and adult clothings then my MIL will just dump all the baby clothings in a washing machine. no other clothings lo.

Cloth diaper:
I will use cloth diaper too! i have abt 3-4 dozen which hand down to me. My hubby and I fold all of them yday and oso put the disposable nappy liner inside. My hubby is a gd helper, he fold so fast! I told him this will become his job aft CL left....hehe

I also told my mom and sis very troublesome to keep washing the cloth diapers coz the newborns soil their diapers v.quickly and often...so must keep changing and washing. They told me I have a CL so CL can help to wash...but I dont know if the rate of washing can exceed the rate of bb soiling his/her diapers. Hai...think I will just buy some cloth diapers (old or modern) and TRY to use when bb comes back from hospital. If really cannot handle, even with CL's help, then I will use disposables. No use stressing myself out during confinement...I just want peace and rest.

Btw, how many cloth diapers should I be getting? Dont want to buy too many end up never use, very wasteful.

Fabbie/ Irene. I bought the pumping pal Handfree few mth back. So thinking to buy normal medela soft shield or pumpin pal shield. Last time I used those hard one, I like leh, but never try the soft one before.

I also got cloth diaper cos MIL insisted to use that after baby is more than a month old. I got the modern kinds. But I am kinda confused whether to wash both the diaper and inserts after each 'use'. A salesperson told me to just change the insert if baby pees only. But isn't the inner diaper gonna be wet too?

BBK from what i know soft shied they discontinue le. but some bps still got sell. but if u like hard one then i think u can go for hard one ba.
happy.gif

Eva: bb poo is definitely not clear. Its very hard to wash away if stained tge nappy. Got to soak and scrub. And it can be yellowish and waterish.
Starting few days its meconium.. black colour one

Eva, bb poo very hard to wash off the cloth nappy. So must also put the nappy liner so its easier and won't stain so much on the cloth nappy. I gave up washing soiled cloth nappies for my #1. My SIL say use Lux soap bar to wash off the soiled part of the nappy though..

pinktulip, my EDD is 14 May. Maybe won't bump into you at Parkway east.

tsm, you booked parkway east hospital too right?

Min, i still take utrogestan at night before sleeping. Tummy hardening has lessened a lot though. But i can't take it during the day if not sure sleep at work haha

bbkk: you can get 1 pair of the pumpin pal shields to try first and see if you like it. pumpin pal shield is the hard plastic type.

Min: don't mix our clothes with bb clothes. for bb clothes should use those bb laundry detergent to wash while our clothes will use normal laundry detergent. since use different types of detergent, your MIL cannot wash together. If you MIL wanna use our adult laundry detergent to wash, please tell her don't cos bb skin very delicate. I ever heard of case whereby the bb had very bad rash and in the end they realised cos the bb clothes was washed using normal detergent. You can stock up more bb laundry detergent and ask ur MIL to use to wash then she would bo bian cos cannot wash the bb laundry detergent mah hee hee.

sleepyskies: you can get about 1 dozen to standby. if got CL, it would be good to use during the 1st month cos it's better for preventing nappy rash. but when CL leave and no maid or no help then very unlikely will continue to use so no need to buy too much.

if we wash our cloth with bb cloth using bb detergent, is not good for the bb or not strong enough for us?

put inside laundry bag can mah?

Debbie,my EDD is 13 May, one day earlier than yrs.
Wow u hv gd memory! yup correct, i booked double bed room at Parkway east Hosp few mths ago. How abt u? Which gynae?

Mummy hospital bag: what things shld we bring for our own hospital bag? how many set of clothes needed or gown will b provided by hosp?
Understand tat we hv to bring original marriage cert, any doc else ?

Baby bag: Again, how many set of clothes needed to bring for bb? Rompers/long shirt long pant/ which type is more suitable? milk bottles?

babbie: so you usually consolidate few days Baby clothing then wash ar? Cos i scare later mil say i waste water, so little clothing got to machine wash le.

Debbie: yah lor, the medicine is so powerful hor. Once i take, within a hour i will feel that my whole body like relax then i can't open my eyes at or. Now i understand why doc only prescribe me to eat at night. How many pills you taking every night?

wee.. just rec'd my pumpin' pal handfree kit and shield from courier. LOL! until now i havent try out my pump eh. LOL!! dono how to fix also gonna figure out with my hubby tonight.

blurdopey: my boy is very sticky to my hubby now, so my hubby has become hands-on. Just that when he cries out loud at night, really buay tahan and the whole family will wake up that kind.

babbiee: no leh, his activities are similar in school and at home..and he takes afternoon nap too. So dunno why he will cry every night..

Back