(2013/05) May 2013

Morning mommies!

Felt like a long wkend and suddenly back to work today, feeling quite lue. haha.

Nlimm - I am interested in the newborn photography package too. If there's anything on it, let me know.
happy.gif
I actually saw a few studios on FB, 1 in particular called Pinch..not bad but you can tell from the style/background/accessories that its by them coz baby always in the same basket/ wearing the same specs etc. But still cute lahs. haha.

Xuan - Congrats on finally getting a confirmation on the gender! Your bb is a cheeky lil fella, likes to keep mommy & daddy in suspense! haha.

Baby Fair
- All the good deals posted on FB and here really make me feel like gg down to the babyfair a 2nd time over the wkend (went on Friday but missed out some deals like the Aden + Anais swaddles & blanket!!!) but really tired and lazy to travel all the way down to expo again. haha.

For experienced mommies, can I ask what brands/stuff do they normally have at Taka fair?? Stroller? Diapers? Baby clothes? Toys? Bedding sets?? Aden + Anais? Coz I am intending to head down to Robinsons tonight to use the 25% voucher (havent receive it in the mail yet..arghh..will go down and redeem instead) and am not sure what I should buy there.
2Ks - the zojiushi thermal bottle is sold at Robinsons right? Will get it if I see it there!
happy.gif

sleepyskies: get the wipes breastpads from robinsons! cos usually no discount one...
so stock up on the wipes all that.
yes the zojirushi thermal bottle robinsons have.
fridge to go, i dont think selling anymore there...but u can take a look at pigeon one.

for taka bb fair, actually nothing much la. the usual 20% discount and then strollers prams, big toys lor. then the usual stuff that u can get from dept stores always

Rejoy: I went to taka website no see info on bb fair.hmmm maybe they haven't update.i checked expo website, there's a expo bb fair on 22 to 24 mar, but no see brands like Philips. I haven't get sterilizer, milk bottle....

Chiro/ 2Ks: I bought the shorts too! Super comfy!! I got the Black and grey one, same as 2Ks!

Chiro/sleepyskies: Thank you! =) yup. Guess cos of the trend of Ah boys to man now. He tell me tt way. HAHA! Super happy. Saw his chubby face on the scan, My heart melts~~ LOL!Cannot stop looking at the ultrascan photo even till now. hahahah!

Baby fair: Went down on Friday and Sunday. Both days not very crowded already. It's the NATAS fair that is causing the jam at the parking lot!! Almost done with all the preparation. Was super tired. now having aching left ankle =(

Min: uh? u mean there is another expo bb fair in 22-24 mar? serious?

Anyway mommies who previously told me they're using MANDUCA's carrier...Can I check if the carrier allows baby to be seated facing outside, facing us, hip carry and back carry??

hi mummies, boss not ard so able to post smth here....., my leg is aching now coz of the fair shopping last two days.
Dun think will go Taka fair tis time coz oledy spent a lot of $$ in the baby fair.
mummies, u may check tis website for future fair or promotion:
http://www.************/promotion.php

i think the next bb fair at expo is small scale one.
likely the next big one is motherhood..likely june.
motherhood fair is cheong pampers...lol

Yeah there's one more bb fair end mar but dunnoe if its a big fair.

Btw can I ask anyone getting cord life? Sorry this maybe discussed earlier already but I cant find among the threads. It is quite expensive and thinking if should get. Any advice ladies?

rejoy: usually cc will arrange eye screening during k1 or k2 la..
oh yours so young hor..
but i heard the smartkids fair not bad.

2Ks - Thanks! Will focus on getting the wipes, breast pads (got 2 boxes of breastpads during the babyfair but like not enough hor...) and zojirushi thermal bottle! Maybe also Aden + Anais swaddles and blanket since I missed the deal during babyfair. haha.

Xuan - Ahhh your gynae managed to get a pic of your bb's face! Must be damn cute! So far, I cant make out most of the scans...only can see the outline of the bb's head/body etc. haha. I hope I can get to see bb's face this Friday too!!
For Manduca carriers, from what I read on the website, it allows for bb to be carried on the front (facing us), back and hip. I am also looking for a carrier where bb can face out when he/she is bigger. Am so torned between Manduca, Beco and Ergo......Think Manduca is the only one that can be used for newborns to toddler age.

Btw, some mommies previously also mentioned that balboa slings are good. These are the cloth type of sling right? Can I know where to get them?

Min: I just signed up cordlife this sat at the booth. Actually also not sure if really needed but saw so many parents signing we just signed lo. Paid with CDA and took half of it Liao

sleepyskies: try to get the aden + anais stuff during mothercare fair la. think also 50%.

i always buy my wipes and breastpads during robinsons 25% for member sale. cos hor all those are fixed price items. so more worth. and remember to opt for delivery too...then u dont have to lug home. can be quite heavy.

ya...i am using balboa sling. its cloth type and adjustable. i bought from spree last time. now i dunno buy from where.
but heard pupsik also not bad...maybe can consider too?

hi wai wai, i also signed with cordlife last sat. use credit card to pay for the deposit and subsequent installment will use CDA. took the annual plan.actualli i dun thk its necessary but hubby says prefer to have if planning for more kids.

sleepyskies: same! I'm stuck between that few brands. Sian. LOL! I've a one in sling carrier too. Pass down from my SIL cause she never use before. She said she dono how to use. hahaha!

Min - I intend to donate to Singapore Cord Blood Banking after some research on it. Best that you do some reading on cord blood banking then decide which is better for you. =)

Baby Fair - I burnt big hole also for the purchases... The 2 biggest purchase is baby cot with latex mattress $509 and post natal massage package at $350.

Robinson's 25% sale
Do you know when this will be?
How come I've not received any mailers?
The last time I really shopped at Robinson's was at least a year ago. They also had a further $28 or $38 off I think. Quite good.

I've not bought wipes & diapers, baby wash etc.
I have storage issues lah. Live in 4-room flat only. All storage taken up liao. Will buy when EDD is nearer.

pinktulip: should be somewhere in march. but u have to spend at least $500 for the previous 6 months then u will receive the voucher.

25% Robinsons bonus discount

Be entitled to a 25% discount voucher, which can be used on top of your regular cash rebate. Simply charge a minimum of $500 with your Robinsons Visa Platinum Card at Robinsons Group of Stores during the qualifying periods.
(1 Jan - 30 Jun and/or 1 Jul - 31 Dec)

Pinktulip, rejoy, 2KS
- The robinsons 25% voucher is only valid till tomorrow. They should have sent you a mailer last week to say your voucher is on the way and an sms too. But my voucher from last week until nw also no sign of it..so I emailed Robinsons and ask how. They say can redeem the voucher at their customer service centre, just need to show your OCBC Robinsons card (probably to verify that you havent use the 25% voucher yet).

Cord blood
- if we donate the cord blood fo Singapore Cord Blood Bank, if we need to use it next time (touchwood), can we take out or apply to take out? Still unsure about this cord blood thing...will probably call Stemcord and Cordlife come my house to give more infor.

Xuan - So have you decided on the carrier? I think I shortlist to Manduca and Ergo (some review by a mommy who's a chiropractor - http://reviewbabycarriers.net/) but still cant decide....help. hahaa

sleepyskies - SCBB is for the public who need it, so if they have the compatible cord blood unit for you dun think it's a problem. Just note that once it's donated you have no control over it le.

carrier : i got a hand me down sling. Probably will use it first lah when he still infant. When the neck stronger and start to have more movement, than we will change to carrier.

lucky we didn't buy it at the fair coz i came home and pack my stuff than i saw this sling packed in one of the bag of clothes that my SIL gave me

fabbie: me also experiencing the pain feeling sometimes wan to get down of the bed also pain.

nlimm: have ah?? I dun remember leh. But I remember the last time some mummies recommended the Kelly photographer(shld be this name) for nb shots. Quite nice. But good if can grp together and get better discounts.

2ks: ya agree tat u see e pics is from studioplay that's why first timers can go but subsequent think will be good to change to other pple. As for my case, pure lazy. Hahah. Hubby quite satisfied with the outcome of the pic so go back lor.

Donating cord blood: do u all know whether got thalessemia can donate coz I remember reading their brochure got thalessmia cannot keep.

Baby carrier: any recommendations for baby carrier? I thought of selling away my Bjorn and get something like ergo type of pattern. Or any mummies wanna get? Maybe can get together do can ask for better pricing?

can check what brand of baby wash is good? am thinking of buying the kodomo mild and natural bath but can it be used for the hair as well?

Any recommendations?

Thanks

wt81: there are actually alot of brands and smell for bb wash.

mostly have top to toe wash like johnsons or pureen or pigeon.

personally i like pureen (top to toe) and pigeon(2 in 1). been using that for #1 but my exp #2 dont suits these 2 and he is using mustela also hair and body.

all nice smell..
kodomo hor..i always use them for travel.

wt81: I also use Kodomo mild bathing shampoo for my #1 all along. I use that to wash his hair also. But there is shampoo for the kodomo series. Nice smell.

esther - so far, seems like Manduca, Ergo and Beco have good reviews for carriers but me 1st timer so cant recommend you any. hehe. Which ergo carrier are you thinking of getting? I think the sports and travel one not bad..

wt81 - I bought the mustela dermo-cleansing (for hair and body) from babyfair. Think its 1 of their best seller. Previously I was also thinking of buying kodomo coz I think shld be not bad since they make lots of baby stuff. haha.

thanks all. charliebrown- u mean u use the mild and natural bb bath to wash bb hair as well? coz they have a green 1 which is for hair and body but thk tt is more ex and dun smell as nice

sleepyskies: the 3 for $55 one is very cheap. usually i buy their promo pack in 2 already $40+

anyway 1 bottle can use very long la...

wt81: yeah, he has been using the pink one- kodomo mild body and natural bb bath to wash body and hair. Cos his hair not alot, even until now. And I like the smell. V nice!

2Ks - haha I didnt intend to buy any mustela products at the babyfair but I see long queue and ppl taking many many bottles of the bb wash so I think must be good. And somemore promo can save alot so just buy. Hope the 3 bottles can last me a long long time! :p

sleepyskies: unless u really press alot la..
for me, 1 bottle can tahan 1 month or so.
actually mustela also famous for their barrier cream.
but i have 2 tubes of desitin already, so decided not to try

can chk did u gals apply desitin on bb bum everyday? heard it mite be too strong and only apply when the bum is red then it will be effective?

coz i bought California BB everyday cream and tot of using that to apply the bum everyday, oni when it turns red then use desitin?

do we nid to apply the bum cream each time they pee and poo?

JC: go and smell then see which smell u like on bb head...kekeke

wt81: yes...i apply desitin creamy on bb bum after each diaper change.
desitin original when i see rashes or abit red.
initial period have too, cos they poo and pee alot, so protection is better.

but subsequent can reduce, cos their pee and poo stabilized means lesser applications required

2Ks - yah, i think i read here before someone recommend mustela barrier cream. So i also bought 3 tubes of that. hahaha! So kiasu but since they having promo might as well settle some stuff there. I didnt buy their non-rinse cleansing liquid (but i bought their newborn pack which comes with 1 bottle) though it sounds good and convenient to use. haha.

Btw, just a silly qn - the mattress protector/waterproof mat for baby's cot...we put this after the bedsheet cover or put this on the mattress then wrap everything with bedsheet cover? haha v.blur..just want to prevent any leakage so dont have to keep washing the bb bedsheets.

wt81: I use sebamed for my boys, they got dry and sensitive skin.

I also apply desitin (blue) after every diaper change. Its more like a protective layer for the bum.

sleepyskies: I saw the ergo one looks not bad.

Hello ladies

Not been coming in for awhile.

Trust everyone's keeping well. Saw alot of activity on FB regarding the baby fair at expo and the loots all the ladies bought. I din go and haven't really started shopping. A group of gfs threw a surprise baby shower for me on Sunday and really showered the baby with alot of gifts. Even my son got gifts from all of them.

I used California Baby products for #1. Thinking if I should continue or switch brands as there seems to be a new formulation in their products.

If I'm not wrong there's a limit of $250 spending for the 25% entitlement at Robinsons. There's the mothercare sale coming up too ya? Saw the mailer. Pretty good discounts on some items.

the mattress protector/waterproof mat for baby's cot is beneath the bedsheets. means above the mattress. this is to protect the mattress not to protect the bedsheet.

i tell u hor...for boys very hard to prevent not to wash the bedsheets every now and then la..
cos hor...their urine can SPRAY!! and sometimes their POO is bombastic...LOL

bedsheets kana better than your mattress kana okay...
anyway, thats why when i changing him, i usually insert those cooling pad u know...
those big blue pcs, then alot of mini squares ones...like got water inside one. u know what is it or not..
then hor..even if kana poo/urine, the checkers will slower down the flow..

Back