(2013/05) May 2013

wt81: mi, i ve very bad water retention problem now.

Anybody nods hw to reduce the water retention? My first baby is not so bad.. bt this time, it is really very very bad...

2ks okai thanks for the advice ^^

wt81: i dont have swollen issue.. my no.1 also dont have swollen too. touch wood.. do take care ya.

is Dowlin a spam?

jc
dun b sad
i haf this new chap too
zero pdt knowledge altough he did settlememt before
when i ask him how he does the work, he says...jus settle loh!

& for all things we r gg thr, i haf to repeat st least 3 times.
some r almost immediately.after i finish explaining. he will nod, n then tell.me... i forgot. can u repeat

wt81: my feet are not swollen but my fingers are. Especially in the morning, it's so bad that I can't bend my fingers with ease.. and my right arm will be numb. Should i be concerned or is this normal?

Xuan - hahaha you are v.funny! you're right, before i go for checkup, my hb and i will tell baby to cooperate and open legs the next day but end up...still cannot see. maybe next time i also try to go without telling baby! give baby a surprise! hahaha. hope you can find out about gender tmr and do some serious shopping!!
happy.gif

fabbie: v.tempted to go scan again to see gender but like waste money lehs. haha. yesterday's checkup was so quick, me and my hb were like ?!?! over already?! hahahah. pray next round can see...if not, i will be patient and wait till i deliver liaos. hahaha

wt81 - my feet will swell if i walk alot that day. try not to walk/stand too much? also reduce salt intake, eat strawberries and drink more water. i think massage also helps abit...

btw, for those keen on Aden + Anais swaddles, Robinsons is having 15% off (additional 5% for members). I got the bamboo swaddle in a set of 3 at $56.44 (after the 15% + 5%), usual price is $69.90. The usual price for the cotton swaddles (in a set of 4) is $79.90.
And if you spend above $188, can get $28 off directly (plus another 5% off for members). Thought its quite a good deal.
happy.gif

Wt81, rejoy28 and Vicvic: am having water retention too since week 20 and one day it was so bad my face swell too... I learn to drink lots and lots of water n also cut down on salt... But whenever I eat out, the salt n MSG level is very high n I get it bad. Cannot clench my fist n my feel swells so I try to cook at home with little or not salt n my hubby has to eat it too...
Drink lots n lots of water

vicvic-u can do massage for yr,arms and fingers. it will help to reduce the swolleness.
sleepyskies-does eating strawberries help?din heard b4

Forgot to add, my Indian colleague ask me to drink boiled barley water tO reduce water retention. So I listen lo

2Ks: what packet herbs is that?

Swollen foots:
Not happening to me at the moment. I believe massaging our legs ad foots every night helps? Every night my hubby will help me massage my foots awhile. But, it hurts badly thou' he told me:"aaa. got so pain meh? I never use strength eh." Not sure if it's the water retention causing the pain.

But my leg cramp yesterday seems to worsen =( the tension like getting more & more tighter. morning wokr up go see doctor also.

Strawberry: does it really helps with water retention? how about cherries? I love them!

Went for gynae check and she say my water level abit high. Sian man i very confused. I thought more water is good, coz more room. Than she tell me nore water mean baby is peeing alot and may risk water bag rupture and etc

This gynae really good at inducing fear. Make me so sian now

Ask her if i control bb weight can carry to 40 weeks. She say cannot..must induce at week 38 becoz of some medical term she say..arrggghhh

I requested for a scan..initially she just say hear heart beat but i think bb movement too much so she say okie for the scan

Than during the scan she say water level high

Dian tang : you sign for the package already? She scan and take photos but no pass to us. Today dont have to pay though

JC: wonder if my water level is high too cos my belly looks huge and I also thot it's good for baby... My fren EDD is one month later and her belly is less than half of mine.... Now I feel a little worried too
Is there anything we can do about it?

Thanks all.. I went out walk walk to give nysekf a break after work so that nit to think of dian stuff.

By the way, sometimes I feel tight at the tummy nearer to the down below.its like a ball if things is there... anyone has the same experience? Wonder if its norm as the frequency is higher these days.

Min: I have this tight tummy & hard nearer to the down below too. and sometimes I it's pressing on my bladder I will keep feel like peeing =x Every time my tummy turns hard and stiff, I will give it a rub 'sayang' my tummy or tap tap on baby.

Thanks xuan and vi.
For me it used to happen only when I lie down which I thought position not right, faster turn here and there..but now it happen when I am standing too.

Xuan:
Me too! I will sayang tummy then ask bb why ar. Haha hubby says bb wants to communicate with me ar. Haha

JC: ya I signed the package . I just went for a consultation and ask for a scan . The doc also didn't charged me for the scan
happy.gif

By the way what would be effects if water level is too high . My tummy is also big but doc didn't say le

Tightening of tummy: I also feel that . Always wondering is it normal?

Me too experience tightening of tummy. I asked my gynae today, he said cos my uterus is expanding. He said normal. I thought cos im stressed at work thats why harden.

My bb is 1022g at 27 weeks. I asked abt bb's weight gain n gynae said gd.
happy.gif

Water too much might run the risk of waterbag burst

Anybody experiencing nauseous? Alamak i hope i am not those that first n sec trim a breeze than third trim that start to have morn sickness...dont know is the itchy throat that is making me feel like vomit

Hi mummies..
Have the following items for sale. Please pm me if keen.

1. Baby bjorn synergy carrier. Navy colour. Letting go at $100
2. Pupsik sling pouch size M letting go $25
3. Fisherprice rainforest jumperoo $130
4. Fisherprice infant to toddler rocker $50

I was reading the motherhood magazine
There is this hair dye suppose to be pregnany friendly called atlantis colour

Going to drop by Tangs later to @@

Feel so ugly with the white hair now..haiz...somemore CNY coming
sad.gif

aftrnoon all....
sick again. jus recovrred fr my cold back in end dec...last than a mth, & back with running nose n sore throat

very irritating

JC: nowadays hair dye is safe de...my stylist said nowadays seldom hair dye contains amonia..
and it wont go thru the scalp de.

i just did my dye 2 weeks ago...i like it..cannot tahan ugly myself lor

Morning ladies...

Usually i wld get my hubby to rub the stretch mark cream for me. So last night as usual, he is helping me to put on the stretch mark

Hubby: Your tummy is so huge, are you sure the doctor didn tell you the wrong EDD and you supposed to give birth next month?

Me: &^%#&^$ (--)'

rejoy: Your hubby so funny! Mine also told me that my tummy looks big and tight when the gynae was doing the scan on Sat. He after that said "this time round, the tummy looks bigger than my #1"...

Then he told my in laws later that bb is weighing about 1kg now. My in laws was sayong "wah! it is like the weight of a the bah kwa!". Funny la.

safe ah? i scare leh. One hand want to be mei mei but one hand, scare anything happen. My gynae is super good at inducing fear in me loh.

End up, i decided not to buy. Coz already tahan for so long, what is another 3 more months?

Morning ladies, 2Ks & rejoy28!

Having Hup Seng cream crackers dipped in coffee now for breakfast. Monday is here again!

rejoy28
your hubby very funny! But don't you agree the kicks are becoming stronger? The movements also. No longer something swimming around inside.

Btw, how's yr water retention? I can see mine is coming. Cannot escape one for all pregnancies for me. My feet look rather lightly swollen now. Soon it'll be my fingers. They say must drink lots of water but I also lazy leh, later must keep going toilet.

Vi
It's quite annoying right? I have to load up on my Obimin tablets also. So lazy to take them daily.

JC
Hugs. Don't worry so much ok. Just pray for the best and take precautions. I'm also curious how your gynae checked for level of fluid. Next time she offers you a worrying update, would it help if you asked her how you could prevent that from happening, or how to improve the situation? My gynae usually checks if there's blockage cervix (he said no previa means good news), he checks for heartbeat, length of baby etc. That's it.

Morning, pinktulip, yup yup... i can see my stomach getting out of shape when the baby is moving....

still as bad... i do drinks lots of water but i agree with you that it is a hassle to go toilet. I usually keep going to toilet in the middle of the night but not so much in the day....

rejoy
I would go at least once at night. It does disrupt sleep. Today I woke up late at 7.30 am becuase of disrupted sleep.

Vi: same!! =( I was on MC last Friday and now still voiceless and coughing away. Sad. CNY on the way~~ all the nice heaty food. LOL!

Rejoy: Lols! your hubby so cute. haha.

Pinktulip: indeed the kickings are getting so much stronger. even without flipping up my top I can see the punching and kicking waves. and even when baby turn and move around inside, I can feel the movement. SUPER AMAZING.

Just went for my appointment on Saturday. At week 24 now but still my cheeky baby don't wanna open the leg big big give me see. Think cos my hubby every time never go with me =( Only manage to see the fat round looking face of my baby cos baby happened to turn the whole face over on the ultra scan and was sleeping during the scan!!! No matter how also don't wanna wake up (-__-!!)My stupid gynae 3 times already keep tell me don't buy PINK color. but still cannot tell me it's confirm a boy!! Hate it. Like so contradicting lo. I asked him check for gender and he asked me:"I never tell u??" I replied:"got. but u keep cannot confirm only tell me you think u saw smtg there." He replied:"then you still not convinced? ok. we check again..." I am like...WTH!? how to be convinced...

sleepyskies: ya true leh.. 1 visit for me for another gynea the cheapest is like 200-300 faints.. and besides doesnt mean go another new gynea can so heng can see the gender? lol btw.. ya detail scan cant see gender mah? i tout usually can de?

rejoy" at least ya hub will say ya tummy is so huge.. my relatives and cousin all say ehhh why this time look so small har.. last time u not so thin when ya pregnant blah blah blah.. infact i rather they say this time im big! but compare last time this one is bigger leh! i dont understand them.. but my hub keep trying to talk to console me this n that so i wont think so much.. really hear those things im super uncomfortable. Zzz

2ks: really safe? im really so TEMPTED to dye my hair.. omg.. more n more white hairs coming out liao.. arghz.. but i think to be safe.. just ren ren ba.. haiz.. since so ugly might as well just ugly till give birth LOL

Today im 27 week le!! WoooHooo time pass so fast another 2 more weeks im going to see gynea.. so excited sia! and i realize that i cannot eat so much le like before.. i can only eat a certain amt then must stop if not very very hard to breathe.. u gals got experience before?? and when i sit on my chair.. sit on my bed or even stand for long.. but below really so numb and pain sia.. im feel like im a old lady cannot stand too long. feel abit failure sometimes cus i can see people bigger size than me like can walk like very relax. LOL

Xuan, I dun like ur gynae leh. He is the Kia si type. Cannot confirm at this point means he not sure, cannot make decision. Lol.. Sorry ah..

I highlight my hair 2 months ago. Stylish says better to highlight than dye. I did my gelish last Friday too. I did ask gynae, he say can do.

Fabbie, so fast u are going 3 tri, jiayou. I dun feel tight below already. But still cannot eat too full if not really very uncomfortable. Ppl also comment my tummy big, I would just say, big is good what... Shut their mouth. If they say why so small, u say small is good what...easier to slim...

babbiee: me too at week 27 already. Time flies hor. The 3rd trimester starts in week 28 right? Now my appt is 3 weeks' apart already.

Bbkk: I feel my tummy is big. But some colleagues said is "neat". Think they dun dare to say "small". I would then reply them said, is compact and depends on how my bb sleeps.

Good morning ladies!! I'm heading for my Gynae appt today... am looking forward to know gender, hopefully this time will know.. Am confused with gender's guess. Hope baby will cooperate!

charliebrown, fabbie
So exciting!!! Time is ticking and soon you'll pop!
happy.gif
I'm just looking forward to maternity leave. I pray all will be fine for us!

Xuan
Yes it is amazing!
happy.gif
But personally for me, during the 33rd to 36th week, the kicks can be quite painful. Then, I couldn't wait to give birth quickly.

can la...nowadays dye is not so strong as last time.
i tak boleh tahan myself hair messy lor...
pregnant can be mei mei too...

i also did gel extension at JB 2 weeks back...

pinktulip: yeah, come to think of it, I dun have much preparation for my #2. I'm so busy with #1 and my work..haiz..think better buck up and start buying some things during the taka bb fair in March and read up more on delivery. Think I have totally forgotten how to breathe and push.

Is it true that #2 or #3 will pop earlier than #1?

morning mummies!!

xuan: wah your gynae really hor.. don't know how to say sia..

baby kicking: agree! it's getting more obvious and when baby kicks, i can actually see the kick! haha.. sometimes when she sleep already then my hubbie go kar jiao her.. talk to her and tap my tummy.. then she start kicking liao.. when it's like 11pm at night!! win liao.. then she will kick until she happy then sleep..

tummy stretching: me!! esp after meal, the tummy will feel so stretch until i worry it will burst.. and i've been throwing up on and off again
sad.gif
hope the morning sickness is not back man..

fabbie, congrats!! 27 weeks is 3rd tri liao right? i'm like you.. can't eat too much, until a certain amount must stop else will feel hard to breathe and super stretched tummy..

i just went to trim and did hair treatment over the weekend.. can't tahan too.. but hair dye not yet.. my stylist did say if after deliver wanna dye, check with gynae first if we are breastfeeding..

Bbkk: yah loh. sibei sian. my sister went with me that day also said...Kaos. he got say like never say. usually baby closed legs what did your gynae do uh?

Tummy size: Sometimes I do realize at some says the tummy looks bigger, sometimes it looks smaller. Probably like what charliebrown says, it also depends on how baby is sleeping inside.

Jill: ahh! I pray hard for you!!! how many weeks are u now?! My bb not cooperative la =( I hope your baby guai guai!!

pinktulip: Haha. really? It's my #1 so I'm pretty worried ahaha. a lot of things never experience before so don't know if it is safe to feel this and that way. hahaha. YAH! so excited for those going into 3rd tri!! Can't wait to see everyone's baby photos here!! ^^

tummy stretching: I'm already experiencing very tight tummy after lunch!! Same as charliebrown. Feels like my tummy gonna explode anytime soon! Like so hard and full~ then sit down no space to breathe like that.

Rach: yah loh. I super sian. I'm overall ok with him but keep enver confirm so xin ku leh. already 6 months! haven't prepare anything much eh. er xin loh...

i cant eat much for every meal too..

no appetite as well....

If eat too full, i would like super uncomfortable and would have heartburn oso....

so just eat alot of small meals...

Xuan,
By right if baby close leg can't tell but at this stage bb is much bigger, the part already showing even if closed leg still can confirm de. Cos every part is developed already.. If boy, sure can see.. Ur gynae Kia si lah..

Back