(2013/04) April 2013

dia12308: I replied your email. Cant find you on fb. Please enable search function.

julietnicole: Added u. Please check fb to ack.

bubbles: Dont know how to answer u. No hot topics. You want to join in then check when u can on weekends?

Can't find me ah? Wat happen to my fb? My emai: [email protected]... So sorry for trouble...
sad.gif

Good morning to whoever is still in this forum! Remember to take yr folic/vitamins!

Lee: it's ok.. Keke. I know we women are very random in our conversation. Can talk about anything under the sun!

Mistyhaze: the fish oil? Dun have it with me now, let you know this evening. But 1 box cost $60 for 30 capsules! So I'm investing $2 per day for bb's future intelligence... :s

dia12308: You need to enable search else cannot find u. Go to settings in fb to change.

Mistyhaze: I also never rem the brand. Given by gynea.

Bubbles: I'm taking 6 types of supplements. I dont want to take so many but gynea gave me so many. Depressing...

Lee: thanks for adding me in FB. Haven't really get the chance to read through the posts coz got headache again yesterday afternoon. How come u are taking 6 types of supplements? My gynae only gave me 3 types.

Mistyhaze: My multivitamins are given by my gynae. Will check the fish oil box tonight.

Bubbles: I think folic acid is only for first trimester. I bought my fish oil from my gynae for $40 plus for 30 capsules. Fish oil is very impt. So don't forget to take!
happy.gif

yah Lee, why do you need 6 types??

bb burger: Some may not have crossed 1st tri yet, so still need to take folic acid bah? Yup, anything good for bb, I will take/do!

bb burger, bubbles: Here comes the sad story... cause i got low hemoglobin count (found out when did the blood test during Oscar). So need to take iron and vitamin C. The rest are the standard ones - folic, fish oil, multivit and calcium.

For those interested in taking origin jamu massage.. Please send me message as we will organize a bulk purchase and hope to get some discount.. Only applicable for EDD April 2013..
happy.gif
thanks..

hi mummies, finally reporting here after clearance of oscar results.

EDD: 16 apr
Baby: #3
Gynea: Dr HK Ho
Hospital: Mt A
Area staying in: CCK
Facebook email address: [email protected]

hope all mummies are getting on well. and praying hard that the ms will go off soon
happy.gif

Mistyhaze: I'm taking DHAxtra softgel.

Lee: oic.. But multivit has folic right? Can do away with the extra folic? Will the low count affect anything during the pregnancy?

Hi mushloom! Welcome!
happy.gif

Hi,

I am a feb EDD mum. I have accidentally bought an extra Baby plus and is letting go of it.
Bought it at USD 115 excluding shipping to SG.
Should cost about USD 150 after adding up e shipping cost.
It is currently at the US address pending to shipped over.
Any mummies interested, please PM me.
For more information on baby plus, please go to
http://www.babyplus.com/

Thank you

bubbles: Actually I am not sure what is in the multivit. It's a bright pink pill given by the gynea.

Mistyhaze: The brand is Sunpab from Australia.

mushloom, dia12308, rachaek: Just tried again. Still cant find u all on fb so cant add yet.

bubbles: to the best of my understanding, you do need the extra folic during the first trimester. after that, the folic in multi-vit is sufficient. this was what my gynae told me.

Good morning! Remember to eat your folic, vitamins, DHA, pills whatever!

Lee: mine is a bright pink pill too. And it's quite big in my opinion.. :p
Multi-vit contains folic too, according to the description on the bottle.

Shan: Gynae also (specifically) instruct to take folic during 1st tri. Only given multi-vit and stop folic after my Oscar. Lee is given multi-vit so I naturally assume her 1st tri is over.. hehe..

Allison: I ever question gynae why was I not given calcium pills, vitamins, iron etc when my friend got all these. He said if there is no special need, we dun have to. Just eat healthy and we can get all these nutrients from natural food. So maybe your gynae has the same school of thoughts?

Lee: I see. Hope all the med helps you to increase your hemoglobin count.

Mistyhaze: My fish oil is Natal care triplus.

I have 3 med prescribed by my gynae:
1)bright pink pill- Iron pill and not to be taken with milk. Take one every morning
2)calcium pill (to be taken at bedtime)
3)Fish oil (also to be taken at bedtime)

My gynae did mentioned that after 1st trimester, the folic from our daily diet is good enough. Therefore, no need to take extra folic acid starting from the 2nd trimester.

Is there anyone still in the first trimester? Jia you, will be over soon.
happy.gif

the bright pink pill might be New Obimin? my multi-vits are not from doctor, the one that she was gonna prescribed to me have some beef essence in it? Because I don't take beef, she asked me to buy from another brand from the pharmacy. Bright pink and huge :S

bb_burger, sorry just saw your qn. How to compare inpatient and delivery fees? This applies more directly to restructured hospitals as the fees are clearly stated on their websites. For private doctors, u will have to get the delivery fees from the doc's office directly. The inpatient fees can usually be found on the hospital's website just like those of restructured hosps.

bb burger: fish oil is to be taken at night? I always take in the morning after my breakfast. The description wrote "1 to be taken daily" only..
sad.gif

Hi mummies: I am from May 13 thread. Would like to ask if most of you have done Oscar scan? Can I know the break down for the scan? The break down for the pricing.. And how long do we have to wait for the results to e out?

Ocean blue: Thanks! My gynae charges $1400 for normal delivery, and prices are more expensive (up to $4500) for assisted delivery, elective or emergency caesarean. Is it consider expensive?

Bubbles: my fish oil description is also written taken daily, but the nurse asked me to take it at bedtime with the calcium. So it's better to check with your nurse or doctor.
happy.gif

Shirley: I had done my Oscar scan, but didn't rem the breakdown of the prices. Think it's slightly more than $300. I did it at TMC on a monday morning and got my results from my doc the following wed evening. My appointments are all arranged by the nurse.

shirley - i took a package which combined oscar scan and the 20 week detailed scan, about $450-470. This was at TMC.

I got my results the next day - doctor called to give results.

Hope this helps.

Hi bb burger and shan.. Many thanks for the detailed information. I am actually charge foe almost 500 for Oscar test.. Oscar scan is just a scan right?? Is there blood taking as well?

bb_burger, I'm not sure if it's expensive as I didn't really go compare prices.

Shirvin, OSCAR comprises of a scan + blood test. OSCAR is not a compulsory test. It's up to couples to discuss and decide if they wanna go for it bearing in mind that it's not 100% accurate. It just tells u the risk of chromosomal defect(s) which may be false positive.

Shirley, I paid $295+ at NUH for oscar scan, includes bloodtest and scan. I did on tues morning, by Wednesday noon my gynae called me with results already.

bubbles: I was given multi vit, folic and calcium for 1st tri. Then added iron, vit C and fish oil for 2nd tri. So now taking 6.

rachaek: I emailed u the instructions. Did not receive? I email u again now.

Jane: You do not have to be added to fb to chat here. You can choose to join fb or stay here to chat or both.

Shirley: It's scan plus blood test. The result for the scan is immediate. Blood test result takes 1-2 days. I did mine at NUH and it's about $230(Oscar: Scan + blood test 1 tube).

Rachaek and Dia12308:
To enable search function:
You can go to privacy setting, then "How you connect" and edit settings.
Then set "Who can send you friend requests?" as everyone.

Tanlj_17, Eh2803, julietnicole: Pending your acknowledgement on fb so can add you to group.

Ya Jane, you can choose to chat with the only dad here...
sad.gif

Shirley- my wife did her Oscar scan last week in kkh. They got 2 option, $178 for blood test and $300+ for scan and blood test...very ex...actually for my number 1, my gynas only ask us to take blood test, she mention that if the risk is high then go for the scan..don't waste money..

Your $500+ include what ? 3d scan? I have a friend who done that and it cost $500 plus.

Frolic acid is mean fr brand delevepoment, my wife was told to stop taking after 1st tri.

Lee- don't approve all at one go, later no one left behind..:p

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mumm-to-be,

I am a July 2012 mummy, I have create a group is for mummies group buy, the price is lower then u can find in sg. Any one interested can request to join. Can even request for the things u interested and i will see if i can get it in the lower price. Group name: Sg Mummies Group buy</font>

bb burger: ok ok, I'll check with them next time.
happy.gif

Lee: I had folic acid for 1st tri, then after oscar, gynae said stop folic and take multi-vit + DHA only.
Maybe I should ask for calcium already, can feel backache recently..
sad.gif

Andy: You won't be alone here! I can't access FB easily during working hours so will still be chatting here.

diulyn: What's your baby#, gynea, hospital and area staying in?

Andy: Never see u for very long liao. I have added the new members in but they also not active in chatting. Maybe most are busy with work bah. Or like bubbles, cant access fb from work.

Hi mummies, I'm expecting my first baby on 5 April 2013. How do I join the fb group?
happy.gif

I'm into Week 16. So glad ms was over a few weeks ago!

EDD: 5 April
Baby: #1
Gynea: Dr Adrian Tan
Hospital: TMC
Area staying in: Sengkang/Punggol
Facebook email address: [email protected]

Back