(2013/04) April 2013

Hi Shan,

Time needed depends on your appointment time and whether got backlog. I did mine at TMC last week, fast registration and no wait as it was early in the day. But baby not cooperative so spent 40 min scanning, then after that kenna stuck waiting for more than an hour just to have my blood taken.

hi ocean, thanks for the update. look like the charger at tps Is more ex compare to other pte clinic. ...

btw, the thread here is so quite. ...are you mother all chat in fb only?

Andy: Nobody chat with you? But there's still about 8-10 mommies here not on fb yet. Like every week also have new comers here.

dian_tang, Prof Rauff is an excellent doc. She won't recommend unnecessary tests nor prescribe unnecessary meds / supplements. She is friendly, gentle and patient. Very popular due to her experience.

Which doc are u seeing right now?

Andy, it's true that the restructured hosps may be more exp than some pte docs though some pte docs charges may also be higher than what the restructured hosps are charging. It all depends on the which doc and what u r looking for. Besides prenatal package (or the lack of), the other cost to compare is the inpatient and delivery charges. These make up the bulk too.

Ocean blue : I dun know who to choose . Currently still see doc at clinic g in Nuh . Intend to change to private . So looking for a doc .

Carelinwen: oh, that's good to know. my appt is at 9am.. hopefully not too long a wait. Waiting makes me anxious.

How can I be added to the FB group?

Edd: 27 April
Baby: #1
Gynae: Adelina Wong
Area: Sengkang

My email add: [email protected]

Hi Shan, how was your appointment? My blood test results were out on wed and everything went well. Low risk ratio of 1: 10600. So happy.
happy.gif

Lee: Did you received my PM? I sent the request to join FB sometime back le.

Andy & Ocean blue: How to compare each gynae's inpatient and delivery charges?

Hi,
I just went to TMC earlier this week for my Oscar scan.
I was quite nervous but it all went well. The sonographer was really nice and patient. My baby wasnt in the right position so after trying for about 15 mins we were sent out for a walk and for some orange juice to get baby to wake up and move. We didn't have to join the queue again when we got back and were called back in shortly after. The key measurements to be taken is the Nuchal Translucency behind the neck as well as the nasal bridge of the baby. If you pay attention to the screen you will be able to see the measurements when the sonographer is recording them. It's best to wait for the results as our sonographer told us that the risk is calculated using the measurements, mothers age and blood work results. All three will generate the result. The actual scans took less than 30 mins and the blood test takes less than 5 mins ( but they take 5 vials of blood, and the blood technician is really nice) and with waiting time we got in at 830 and out by 1030.
Hope this helps other mums who are fretting about Oscar test.

bb_burger: my appointment is actually next Thurs. Congrats on your test results! That's great news
happy.gif

Cheryl A: thanks for the info, very helpful. I'm super excited to be able to see baby again.

Hi all, I was introduced here by my sister- coincidentally we are delivering our first baby at the same period
happy.gif
would like to meet all of you
happy.gif

Edd: 29 April
Baby: #1
Gynae: Kenneth Edward Lee
Mt Alvernia Hospital

hello mummies to be ...
im new here
happy.gif

im a 1st time mummy and my edd is 30 april

which hospital is good?
I'm new here though I'm born here. I used to live overseas and now back for good in Singapore since i am pregnant. My sis recommend this site for me to meet new friends. Hope we can share pregnancy journey together!

Hello all mummies, I'm new here.
In 14weeks and a first time mummy.

Have done with Oscar scan and blood test and results are all good.

Can add me at fb?
Nick: pinkygrape
Edd: 6th April
baby: #1
area: north
Gynae: Dr Chen
Hospital: TMC

[email protected]

Thanks!!!

Hi hi mummies.

I have always been a silent reader to the thread coz pregnancy wasn't stable. Had spotting on and off. Can I please be added to the Facebook group?

Nick : Sirobaby
Edd : 2nd April 2013
Baby : #2
Area : North
Gynae : Dr WK Tan
Hospital : TMC
Email : [email protected]

Thanks.

Hi ,

I have always been a silent reader also ... Currently 13 weeks and I already know the gender of my baby =)

Edd: 13 April 2013
Baby : #2
Gynea : Dr LN Sim
Hospital: TBC ( either tmc or mt a )

Pls add me to the FB group .. My email is [email protected]

Sam81,

Sometimes we can't choose which hospital cos the gynea nowadays only deliver at certain hospital .. Have u check with the clinic which hospital does the gynea deliver at ?

tomomi,
I have not checked with the clinic. My gynea is at Glen Eagles hospital. Most probably she only delivers there? My next check up is next month.

it's great that you know the gender fast!
i can't wait for my turn.
happy.gif

ladies,
I've added few mummies here on FB if you don't mind pls accept me and also add me into the FB group?

Dear all, please chat here first. There's too many fb requests. Old forum members will have priority. Next will be by members invitation. For new forum members, you will be on the queue list if you PM me.

Added:
- Allison Goh
- Maobibi

Received PM request from (on wait list):
- piglett
- Nicole86
- Cheryltheshopaholic
- Tomomi
- Shan8080

13 weeks can see the gender of BB already? that's so good.
anyone book confinement lady yet? my hubby kept asking me to look for one. but I'm so apprehensive cos I'm only at week 12.

Lee: Sent you PM le. Let me know if you don't receive. Thanks!

Tomomi: So fast know gender? I went for Oscar scan on wk 13, and the sonographer showed us the tiny thing between the thighs but mentioned that it's normal on early development for both gender to have, so hv to wait longer to know the gender.

canny and bb burger ,

my oscar is the same day with my gynea appointment .. was 12w3d... can't really see from oscar scan .. but when i went to my gynea after that ... so clear !!!! the baby position is a complete exposure of his genital ...able to view both angle from the butt and from the side/front .. its not really very tiny @@ it look like a bright dots between the legs hahaha ~ but well, my #1 is a boy ,though i hope to have a girl .. but i am okie with a boy also .. since my gynea say 99% boy... so i will accept it =P

i have not book a confinement nanny yet, but will do so soon... did not do so earlier cos i had a mc in march .. so thought it was better after 1st trimester is over ...

hello mtbs,

Im new here My next appt with gynae will be 2 weeks later (by then shld be in 16 weeks) and hopefully able to see the gender by then.

Has anyone start to buy stuff for baby already? I so keen to buy socks, etc but my mum stopped me. Ask me to wait till 5-6mths then buy... haha!

For those who have PM me, I have added you on fb.

- tomomi
- pinkygrape
- piglett
- nicole86
- cheryltheshopaholic
- shan8080
- xavjess

If you are not on the list, it means that i have not received a request to join from you. Pls PM me.

Tomomi, your gynae so good, did the scan again for you. My gynae didn't do the scan for me when I went back to collect my results. And now I have to wait till end of the month for the next checkup.

welcome Pinkygrape! I intend to buy next year, maybe after CNY.

Lee, I enabled the search settings. Pls check your email. Thanks a lot!

mistyhaze: Yes we have fb group for April Mommies.

To join, please PM me the following:

EDD
Baby #
Gynea
Hospital
Area staying in
Facebook email address

bb_burger,

no la~ its a routine scan ... she is not doing that to double check, need to pay for the checkup and ultrascan de~ not free ...hahaha..

Lee: Is the facebook group a closed one where posts cannot be seen by friends not in the group? Have not announced to friends yet so worried that if join this fb grp then all will start to ask.

bubbles: Then u post here bah. Some of them check forum and fb. Some are like you and prefer forum. But there's less activity here these days.

Lee: post here hope I won't be talking to myself. Hee..

Hopefully when everybody's first tri is over there'll be more buzz on shopping, sharing of experiences and pouring our woes etc.
happy.gif

Carelinwen: Added you already. Check your fb.

Bubbles: Haha. Wont lah. Just that replies will be slow. We have an April Daddy here. He also complain nobody to talk to here liao cause everyone busy chatting on fb.

Back