(2013/04) April 2013

Happymum,

Oh yea sorry we have made plans oredy so can't attend the talk tml..but thks so much for organizing!
happy.gif

Shirley: Maybe still early to tell. Don't think too negatively. Hope the tests on Monday will be a positive news for you!

Zenn: Best wishes!

By the way, how do you all get to know about your hcg level? I don't know my hcg level at all. Is it something we need to measure often?

Shirley: Hugs! Maybe baby is a late developer. Was yours a vaginal scan?

bb burger: Hcg level is not commonly measured, only if requested. Usually if you tested +ve on a hpt, it's good enough.

I'm going for my scan next Monday. Will be 9w. Heartbeat already detected at 6w but not that strong, so gynae won't confirm viability. So anything can happen...sigh

Shirley, how many weeks are you now? Mayb is still early to detect hb. Dun despair, talk to bb and eat more protein to help bb to grow.

Zenn, good luck! I also hope my visit to gynae tomorrow will be good!

Mommies,

I still not sure if I shd go for my gynae appt in 2 weeks time. My last scan was this Tuesday only and the normal interval between appts would be 1 month?

How ar...

Rachel: If you feel ok and think there's no need to go so often, you could call up the clinic and let them know your decision. Ultimately it's up to you to decide.

Take care shirley and trinity.

Rachel: thanks for organising, will see you ladies next wed!

I just saw the gynae for the first time today, amazing to see the sac and hear the heartbeat. Doc couldn't see much through stomach scan, so I asked him to do a vaginal scan instead. I have an inverted uterus though which I've no clue what that means? But he said nothing to worry about so I think its ok.

Chez, can you add me into the list?

Nick Name: sunflower53
BB#: 1
EDD: 26/04/2013
Gynae: Dr Benjamin Tham
Hospital: TMC
NSEW: NE

Good afternoon! I'm feeling a bit better today.

There's a gathering? Need to catch up on the posts.

Shirley: Be strong. Think positively!

mareikebb: I cant take butter now too.

Can anyone recommend a good gynae at south west area? Means around tiong bahru, holland village, bouna vista, or clementi. Not too expensive type.
I had my 2 boys born in Gleaneagles but now the gynae retired(he is good and his charges extremely cheap). Furthermore, 2 times also c-section. So this time round must do c-section as well. Having the third kids not easy, must save.. Thanks

Wow, so many posts..

Shirley: Oh..Jiayou, and think positively, it may be too early to detect the heart beat.

Rachael: I think for the first trimester, 2 weeks appt is ok, this is what i have last time. My gynae told us 1st trimester need extra care, especially the baby is not stable. The 2 weeks appointment is given by your gynae?

Shirley: take care and be positive...

Mummies: is on mc today bcos of fever.. Went to see doc in the morning in the morning.. Gives me some medicine but advise me to eat only when my temp went past 38...hope that my body immunity can fight off the cold..

On a happier note, went for my third scan yesterday..bb has grown to 17mm.. Can see the shape of the head and body already.. Doc said that I am in 8w4d.. Gynae also let us hear the heartbeat.. She said everything is fine and will see her in three weeks time..

Thks ladies for the encouragement! There's nothing I can do at this point except to wait and pray for positive result!

Rachel.. cos last week measured 6w2days and today after 7days still measuring 6w5days..I can tell my bb growing very very slowly cos my last menses is 13june..no more sore and tender breast too..likely I've already m/c without any symptoms.

ICA.. mine is not vaginal scan..cos I'm not comfortable with it So just did abdominal scan..

I pray my blood test result will be a gd news then at least I have a bit of hope...

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD> Nick Name</TD><TD>BB#</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD> Hospital</TD><TD>NSEW </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>bb burger</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mid-Apr</TD><TD>Dr.Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>W </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Frosted_Vanilla</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr.Fong CW</TD><TD> Glen E</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>kimmyksc</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Yvonne Soong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Mummypooh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12.04.13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt.A</TD><TD>W </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Ocean_Blue</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr.Peter Chew/Prof.Mary Rauff</TD><TD> Glen E/NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Sam</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>09.04.13</TD><TD>Dr.Adrian Tan</TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Shirelle</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>07.04.13</TD><TD>Dr.Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt.A</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>ZennZenn</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>08.04.13</TD><TD>Dr.Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt. A/Mt.E</TD><TD>W </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Chelz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30.04.13</TD><TD>Prof. Christopher Chen</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>E </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>theangeltwin</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20.04.13</TD><TD>Dr.KK Ho(Mt.E)</TD><TD>Mt. A</TD><TD>W </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>divein</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>06.04.13</TD><TD>Dr.Fong Chuan Wee</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>NE </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD> Sacchar1n3 (Rach)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>19.04.13</TD><TD>Dr.Heng TL</TD><TD>PWEast</TD><TD>E </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>cloudily</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12.04.13</TD><TD>Dr.Esther Ng</TD><TD>Mt.A</TD><TD>NE </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Rachel Tay</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13.04.13</TD><TD>Dr.June Tan</TD><TD>KKH (TPS)</TD><TD>E </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>apple_girl</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD>N </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>mocca</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr. Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD>NW </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>mytulips</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>05.04.13</TD><TD>Dr CC Khong</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>N </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Scarlette82</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>03.04.13</TD><TD>Dr.Selina Chua</TD><TD>Mt.E</TD><TD>N </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Mareikebb</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>08.04.13</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt.A</TD><TD>S </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>piyo_piyo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr.Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt.A/TMC</TD><TD>NE </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>canloveant</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>09.04.13</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>W </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Daphne (daphasy)</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Henry H Cheng</TD><TD>Mt.A</TD><TD> N </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD> doramum </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>03.04.13</TD><TD> Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>N </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD> maxlene</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>10.04.13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH TPS</TD><TD>NE </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Maobibi</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>07.04.2013</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>NE </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>sunflower53</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26.04.2013</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>NE </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Piggy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>11.04.13</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Allison Goh</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>dawn</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>ggchua</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Ling</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>MH</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>TrinityMummie</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Please use the following template &amp; sequence so that I can just copy &amp; paste. thanks

Nick Name:
BB#:
EDD: dd.mm.yy
Gynae:
Hospital:
NSEW:

shirley...don't give up! Maybe late developer like the other mummies said. More importantly is to keep your body healthy for now, positive thoughts bring you positive results ya?

Rachel: 6 weeks according to the doc...I initially thought I was 8 weeks and counting down to 4 weeks more for MS to be over...looks like I have to tahan another 2 weeks more! Checked with my mum and hers went away after 3 months, praying that mine is the same.

Hi Hui Leng,
Think we went to the same gynae, so coincidence and I also had my scan (2nd) ytd.
Take care n rest well.
Btw, your name seems to disappear from the latest list sent out by Chez.

Dear All mummies ,i will be going for my 1st gynae appointment on 07th sept . Est to be my 7th wk, mixed feeling . I hope I can hear the heartbeat to ensure baby Is doing good. This is my 1st child n I have no sympthon expect sore n tender breast. Wish me luck. After confirm my due date will update chelz my detail. Thanks chelz for combining e list. Happy to see so many April mummies.

Shirley,
I'm starting to worry...My symptoms (nausea, giddiness, sore breasts, mood swings etc) also like disappear this week..Nowadays I slp and eat well instead...hmmm...Ok I'm going for my gynae visit in another 2 weeks!
sad.gif

Sunflower,
Mine 8W++, counting down to 4 more weeks before our 1st trimester is finally over! Time crawls.....

Hi maobibi, thanks
happy.gif
tink our edd also the same date.. So when are u seeing dr chan again? Maybe will see u there.. I will be seeing her on 20th sept

Hi chez, can help to add mine in;)
Nick name: tan HL
Bb#: 1
edd: 7 April 2013
Gynae: Dr Yvonne chan
Hospital: TMC
NSEW: NE

Wah Huiling, we almost everything similar including edd, 1st child n place of stay. My next appt also 3 wks later but I schedule on 21st sep morn so that I can take leave for whole day n hv a long weekend!
Working tmr so sian...

Hi Rachel , if really worry can drop by to see gynae . Just push your appointment forward .

Also I like to ask a burning question . Anyone eat curry veg/fish/puff /chicken ? Can we eat during this period ?

Trinity, Jiayou jiayou! Don't be afraid, stay strong!

Chris, I got eat curry le...i love spicy food but earlier, my stomach could not take spiciness and I would always have bad diarrhoe after eating....

Hi Ah Chris,
I just ate curry vege for lunch today. Just abit only but ytd I ate laksa cos really no appetite n want try spicy food so maybe can eat more.. End up diahhoea. Haha.

re: food. I eat almost everything except for certain western herbs for cooking, certain fish and cooling stuff. Other than that, I take anything. My mum also said can eat anything just don't over consume. Moderation is good.

Talking abt food...I also try not to take those 'cooling' food and drinks, but apart from that, i ate almost everything including the sinful salmon sashimi...I have asked 3 gynaes within these 2 months about eating sashimi, the first 2 said :"WHY NOT?", then the 3rd one said No. So I only managed to eat 2 slices of sashimi cos my craving for sashimi was really huge that day..
sad.gif

Angela, lol! Can say so!
happy.gif

My SIL also said she ate almost everything including tuna and mackerel when she was preg twice. Children are fine. She said the rule of thumb is don't overeat foods such as tuna or mackerel but doesn't mean u can't have a bite of 2 when u desire them
happy.gif

Rachel, as long as u eat fr reputable source, its fine. If u think the sashimi is not properly handled or served to u warm, then of course, common sense will tell u not to eat it even if u aren't preg
happy.gif

Shirley, transvaginal scan and abdominal scan are very different. What u can't see clearly via abdominal scan can usually be detected via transvaginal scan clearly. But, if transvaginal scan also shows nothing, then it's really nothing. So, don't fret.

Dear all, anyone has any female gynea to recommend? Prefer near serangoon area and prefer to have Sat appointment slot or night clinic. Delivery at Mt A will be good.

Daphne: Have u visited Dr Henry yet? How is he? I called but was told that a Sat appointment need 2 months advance booking. So went to my current gynea cause I have spotting that time so did not want to wait too long for an appointment slot. But my current gynea is a bit far so I was thinking of changing to a gynea that's nearer to home.

Oh yes mummies! Something just crossed my mind. For those of you who have series MS, a friend of mine did some research for me and found out that a lack of calcium actually leads to bad ms. So try to take more food/drinks with protein like milk, soya milk, tau huey, tau foo, fish etc so that it can reduce your ms. Every morning I take a cup of plant protein drink and it helps curb the nauseous feeling and keeps me full. Hope this helps you all too.

All the best Trinity, stay calm and strong!

Shirley, my doc did mention that abdominal scan size can vary by 1 week. So try to stay positive.

I'm also in the same boat as you, 1.5 weeks ago my abdominal scan measures 6wk3days, then 7 days later transvirginal scan measures 5wks3days with no fetal pole (I was supposed to be 7wks6days at that time).

3 days later trans-v scan meausures 6weeks with fetal pole but no heartbeat. They are all done by different ppl so i'm not sure if that makes any difference. Will be going back on Monday to see if there's any growth. Can only stay positive and pray hard.

wow, our thread is moving fast! Went for course today so MIA haha. Ate puke ate puke - lol. Scared of going to the toilet now.

Shirley - hey we share the same name
happy.gif
don't worry, baby may catch up with the growth real soon
happy.gif

Trinity - Jia you! Don't be afraid. Can ask your hb to bring you stuffs to watch/do to distract.

Rachel, putting on weight is good!

Hi Mummies,
went for my checkup with doc this morning and oscar scan this afternoon at TMC. Everything turns out well.
my last time EDD is 19 March, but after today, doc said i'm earlier. baby is 12weeks 1 day instead of 11 weeks.

Bb is 5.52cm now and luckily, the oscar scan is fine. now is only the blood test. doc said he will call me if found any problem. hopefully not!!

Initially at TMC, 1st scan and found that bb is sitting down. doc ask me to walk arnd and cme back after 20mins. luckily, 2nd time turn out ok.keep walking arnd, drink more water to make my bladder full.

bb inside tummy is funny. puting his/her hands to the mouth and covering the face with that hand too.
happy.gif

oh, the 2nd time i scan, the lady was telling me, the highest record for waiting is 8hrs. a lady waited 8hrs to do the scan cos bb not cooperative. so mummies not done oscar scan yet, pls keep telling bb be coooperative. hahah..

oh sorry mummies!
i was march mother! posted wrongly.
no wonder how come the name so different. haha...

Was on 2 days mc not due to MS but due to terrible headaches n insomnia.. I can't sleep for the past 2 nites, laying on bed till 5am. Haiz., don't knw why this week I feel so depress n moody. Can't smile at all.

CanT - I went for my 1st check up when I m in 5th week 6 days. My nxt appointment is schedule 3 weeks later.. Which is this coming Tuesday. When did u go for 1st check up? How come need to wait 8weeks.. Seem very long wor.

Trinity, sorry this msg came a little late.. Be Strong &amp; everything will be fine!!

Maxlene, my first checkup was on Tue, i'm in the 8th week. Are you going for OSCAR? i check with TPS today and they were saying that if i go for OSCAR will be schedule ard 11-13th week. then I will meet Dr Tan on the 16th week. if not, then i can reschedule it to 4 weeks later! No wonder i thot how come need to wait for so long, can't wait to see bb... lol!

I also having insomnia, sleep wake up, sleep wake up throughout the night... so so so tired everyday! on a side note, try to think of happy things? Rest more!!

Trinity all the best to you. You gonna to rest &amp; recuperate well.

Went for the scan today and date is changed to 9w2d cos baby size is 2.5cm. I thought I should be 8w4d. EDD changed to 1 Apr 2013, April fool day and that made me the first to deliver? Haha. Also scheduled for OSCAR till next visit when I am about 12 weeks which is 2.5 weeks later.

Today is abdominal scan. Normally I did the transvaginal scan. I read from the previous post that there is a diff in the 2 scans? So I might be less than 9weeks?

I m also having insomnia. I dont fall asleep easily at night, thou I am very tired. Even if I don't get enough sleep at night, I can't nap in the afternoon too. Unlike other mummies who are very fatigue.

Back