(2013/02) March 2013

Hi Zhimin,

She already sleep sideways, both left and right. I was wondering whether there's any support pillow/bolster that can cater for sleeping soundly or good backsupport?

Any mums-to-be experiencing backaches during sleep???

Jann is someone posted on forum a sahm preschooler teacher who is giving mommies courses on how to teach your child.

Today check up was thinking go babies bellies massage but no idea where at bugis haha. Anyway didn't make appointment.

had my detailed scan ytd..

bb weighs 355g as of 19w4 days..
everything normal, bb head abit big...

gyane say i can travel, eat wat i wan.. hahaha

another princess..
happy.gif

Baby bellies at bugis is opposite the raffles hospital – GOLDEN LANDMARK
There’s a subway at Raffles hospital and its just opposite the subway.

Winnie
You are giving birth at where? Heard dr not gg to mt a temporary due to the parking problem.

Doc lawrence also tell me I can go holiday liao le but than yesterday suddenly vomited again and my hubby said if go there, I sick huh, he said don kw where to find the doc.

congrats on your princess!!!
happy.gif

Those engaging CL, how much are you giving for welcome red packet? What's the market rate? Scare I give too little and she doesn't do job properly.

Oh, so Jann teaches at KKH? I went for maternity tour that day. Seems they have classes going on. Was told to check them out at xxx (don't remember the name), but I didn't go. Maybe can walk over on my next appointment.
happy.gif

Terence: it's normal to have backache during sleep. U may consider the pillow but it depends on individual if it helps.

Hi mummies, am waiting for my detailed scan. Half an hour has gone by.. Still waiting for my turn..

I did mine and they say this pregnancy I got SUA... Normal umbilical cord has 3 blood vessel mine only 2. Sigh. Problems... Waiting for Gynae check up to explain further.

Vamiga
sorry didn't saw your post yesterday.
not gg to change gynae la.. but thinking can persuade the doc abt gg back to mt a.

heard lower reception area is going to be ready very soon.

I have seen some pregnancy support pillows at Spring Maternity at Nex, not sure is it the same.

Faith
My package starts at week 16 @ around $1,600 (includes consultation, urine test, ultra scan, detailed scans at 5th and 8th month). It is a little bit steep but because she delivered my #1 and #2 smoothly so prefer to stick to her.

Ceres: oh.. When's the review again?

Daddy Lim: it went well, I'm expecting a girl this time.
happy.gif

Sbb: we asked our gynae about it today, regarding the hospitals. She told us she had patients who also feedback poor services at Mt. A. She said decisiOn still lies with us, also mentioned about renovation n parking there has been a problem too. Anw, her view about this situation is that it's difficult to find people who are interested in nursing industry now. It getting demanding plus shorthanded, service staffs are tough to find nowadays..

Ceres
See what doc says ok… and whens the review?

LucasMummy
Ya nursing very very short handed now.
I remembered during my stay there after giving birth to my son, the nurses there are very friendly and nice.
Cos I was scared in the 2 bedded, so I opened the door, the nurse said no worries, we will put 1 bed beside you so when the next patient came, than she will be beside u.

Who knows.. the alarm beside the bed went off when no one is there. Haha…
But im too tired, scared and than fall asleep.

Winnie
Ok.. haha.. I want at MT A leh. Haha..

Gynae say no issue since all my scan are ok. Next scan late dec. she commented my placental low but said is normal or 20 wks but later part it should move up if not I cannot go natural.

Confirm girl haha. Now asking for gal stuff from colleagues.

I used a neck roll (like mini bloster) for past 2 pregnancies n just threw away last yr. Bot another 1 at john little expo sale at $5! Great support n saves space.
happy.gif

Re amnio cost:
Paid Gynae during booking -$500 cash b4 gst
Tmc facility-$230
Test- 412
Needlr - $24.70
Medisave deduction that day: $546.10
Paid $167.25after gst w credit card.

Congrats ceres. My gynae also said my placenta a bit low but that it's normal and should move up as pregnancy progress.

Ceres
great to know that the review is ok by the gynae.

Yun
Yes, this detailed scan is the next milestone. hopes everything turns out well.
my detail scan is next wed, 24th. cant wait to know how bb is doing now..

When do we have to inform boss how long maternity leave we intend to take? Need to inform HR?

Don't know if I should take 2+2, 3+1 or full 4 months. Maybe 3+1 is good? Can bring baby for vaccinations etc using the paid maternity leave.

I already told boss full 4 mths.
Cos understand that the ML has to be taken finish is it within 6mths to a year after giving birth?

Normally I arrange vaccination during sat with the PD.
In case chio chio sick, I can take half day off sometimes. Anyway, I was thinking next year I after give birth, around July go back office, than in less than 5 mths, I have to finish another 10 days leave+6 days cc . So should be ok la..haha..

Sbb, wah..so fast. i haven decided yet. ML is one year right.. not utilise wihtin 6months. for my company, the extended maternity leave (2months) has to been consume within a year from the date of birth of my child.

Boohoo...
I no ML!!
No break from day to day childcare at all!
Govt shld allow husbands to use/share the ML mah..
Still so caveman mentality yet ignore the contribution of housewives!! :~(
Take more care of foreign domestic workers than of housewives. Sigh...

Haha... Vamiga, I also no ML. Bo bian lor...

blueswimmercrab - I find that my mood swings quite a bit also. sometimes break down crying over very little thing. all those hormones playing havoc. have to try to control and remain cheerful for baby's sake. dun wan baby come out very emo!

No, government should extend paternity leave. Don't share our 4 months maternity leave. I want my full 4 months! Haha.

Where does baby take his vaccinations? Have to go back to the gynae? Should be cheaper at Polyclinics right?

Heard from friend, HR prefer we take full 4 months coz the last 2 months they have to claim from government. If we keep taking 1, 2 days, they will have to claim many many times. More paperwork! :p

Vamiga, Neuros, why dun u have ML? Doing business? For me, PL doesnt affect me even if it is implemented too.

Having next gynae appt this friday. Can't wait. Mentioned in the last appt that is likely to be able to spot the gender. Now wifey Wk 16.

Mrs Lee
ML 4 mths should be consume within a year from what I know. But it depends on company.
Some companies want their staff to take straight 4 mths cos easier to keep track.

Vamiga
Maybe government should give those non working mothers salary also for the 4mths. Haha..
Based on husband salary. If not, who gave them salary right?

Yun
Yes, government should not share paternity leave with us mothers ma.
Sekali guy at home do not much thing than take our leave.
If me, I sure ask my hubby go back work and give me back my leave. Haha..
But luckily, hubby don need this.

Blueswimmercrab
Try not to let your emo rules over your mind and heart.
I know difficult but sometimes for the sake of our bb inside, we must remain cheerful and happy

Hi Jeremy,
I no economic contribution to GDP lor, don't contribute to the child & after-school care, school transport, tuition, foreign trade (maid sector) and minimal to f&b etc..
Economy slowed down, all my fault for shaking legs at home. Kekeke...

vamiga, haha u contribute to nation expansion!!! development of the singaporean child so its a very important job! but yah, doesnt come with any holiday perks! hahaha its really a FT job!

vamiga, you crack me up.. hahaha!! seriously, they are taking care of the maids better den housewife here. not fair!

ya maids like better benefits than housewife here! maybe should have something for the hsewife wor.. imagine taking care of the whole hse is not a easy thing to do.

Glad to brighten your (&my) day.
happy.gif

Jeremy,
no need hol perk. If can recognize my mc as hubby's will b gd enough. Sick also must find a time when hubby is not too bz in office so that he can take leave to jaga e kids.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi Mumm-to-be,

I am a July 2012 mummy, I have create a group is for mummies group buy, the price is lower then u can find in sg. Any one interested can request to join. Can even request for the things u interested and i will see if i can get it in the lower price. Group name: Sg Mummies Group buy</font>

true, maids seemingly have more benefits than housewives. No need to clean outside windows and Sunday is an off day.

Vamiga, hubby have to take leave anytime ur sick ma. no choice right, unless outstation.

Haha, my company also within a yr. my company is 16wks. I'm taking 12 weeks leaving 4 wks, 2 wks for mom vacation in 2013 and 2 wks each for my son and baby birthday.

Heard paternity leav extending but unsure how long.

went to the doctor today. Princess is now 17 weeks plus. Yeah. Doctor say i have low placenta. mummies, any idea how to move it upwards?

Finally signed a package with doc. Otherwise each visit is so expensive
sad.gif

In the same boat as sbb.. Gonna take full 4 months. Cos childcare and annual leave enough to cover rest of the year. Besides.. 4 months pass real quick.. More time to rest snd bond with bb n give full attention. To spread the 3rd or 4th month out only gives me more stress tO finish same amount of work in lesser days!

Gonna see Gynae tomorrow at wk18 but nOt sure if we are doing a scan.. Detailed scan only at week 22 (mid nov)

And I've put on 6kg!!! *Gulp*

Back