(2013/02) March 2013

I love babies, was ur morning sickness as bad for #1? Did you join the Sept 2011 forum?

Re: Stretch mark
I used Clarins oil (2-3 bottles somemore) plus amway cream last time but still got lots of stretch marks... Guess really can't help it. This time round I'm using bio-oil as clarins is too expensive and doesn't seem to help in my case.

TKH
My 1st one puking is real bad that I took taxi to and fro daily.
My close colleague who stay same area as me too, she took cab to work daily. She will ask the cabby to fetch me and we goes to work together.
That time I have a friend who also work nearby. He live near my neighbourhood and he sometimes came to my office downstairs and send me back home. So appreciated.

I think I better prepare a plastic bag with me. U kw, I almost puke at the bus stop yesterday during lunch when suddenly the hunger strike me. Oh god. Luckily, didn’t came out, but the puking saliva, u kw just drool around my mouth.

Vamiga
Gd to hear that u are feeling better.
Mine is on and off. Crazy one. Haha..
I’m waiting for it to stop leh. If not, jiatlat.

Worst if I’m feeling my head very heavy.

I love babies
Last time I heard ppl saying if u got less nauseous, normally the gender is girl.
If have bad nauseous, it will be boy.

Do not know how true is it?
But I think it all boils down to how our body manage the change of hormones during the pregnancy.
Although im having nauseous, im actually gaining weight. Cos I can’t let myself go hungry. So I have to keep on eating.
Maybe that’s where my weight are coming from. I only started to eat better since I think back around 2 weeks back.

tkh: #1 gal is very nice to me, not much mornign sickness, v good appetite and radiant skinn. nope i didn't join sept 2011 forum. but my gynae said the old wives tale is not true. but wanna ask if u all who is having boy, is ur ms v bad?

Re: stretch marks,
i used the palmer's cocoa butter..strech marks ok..just the skin still a bit crumpled..haha

Sbb, I also took taxi to and fro daily last time. But now trying to save money with #2 coming, so no choice. Yeah, I think it's safer to just prepare the plastic bag.

Mummies, would you ask ppl sitting at the reserved seat giving seat to you? I did ask them giving seat to other preggy lady but nvr ask for myself. But actually was very tempted to tell them 'Hey, I'm afraid you are sitting on my seat since it's reserved for me!' If not, what is a reserved seat?

Sbb, re gender, definitely not true for my 1st 2. After the early pregnancy spotting stopped for my #2 & I off my 3 wks bed rest, I was v energetic. Hee..
U tried e Chinese gender prediction website discussed earlier (im still backtrack-reading here), this #3 will b a boy too!! Faint...
Too bad can't rem my earlier conceived dates, else can stress-test it. Ha...
Re stretch mark cream, #1 I didn't jnow, so used the lanilo (spell?) cream bot during nz honeymoon, so ds1 till now still has v sensitive skin. Mayb I was eating crabs n lots of birdnest almost fortnightly too.
Think #2 I used mothercare brand, not as thick but stretxh marks seem ok. Yet to pop into mothercare to c still got sell after so many years. Tried a Palmer butter cocoa (??) sample b4, not bad but quite ex rt? So much skin to cover. Hahaha...

Oh, rem mothercare nappy cream v value for $, so can stock up. Its breast pads used to b lousy. Now don't know..might stick to exp pigeon during sales. Any other gd brands to recommend?
Lots of shopping to b done, as e only bb stuff I hv is a car seat.
Might wanna go jb this dec to stock up, if I can. Hee...

a trick.. try to keep holding your tummy and using your hand going around your tummy.
some ppl will auto give up seat to u. and don think that priority seat ppl will give up to u.

normally its beside them who gave up to us cos their priority is to sleep at priority seat. got it. haha

my 1st one boy.. ms very bad..
keep on laying at the bed and even hubby can't touch me. once he touch me i will vomit.

u kw, i read a report saying that guys will experience their wife sympton during their pregnancy. i forgot what is the sympton name call.

but well.. its very rare that guys will get it. if they do get it, its good, cos they kw how badly we are coping. haha..

Wt gain
I eat whenever abt to feel nauseous n it helps. Up till recently, 9 small meals every 24hr!! I went crazy don't know what to eat, as limited nice food ard my place n I m at home most if the time. Gained 2 kg in 3 wks but gynae v nice, checked my previous record, said same pattern. Just eat whenever I like. Hee... So relieved!
This wk auto taper to 6 meals a day. Sick some more. Tomo then weigh in at gynae.
happy.gif

Sbb,
I was feeling that exhausted as ur #1!
Till now dh been doing all housework, supervises kids' work etc after work n wkends while I just stay in bed 85% of e time. Bit of smell triggered me feeling nauseous that I wear medical mask to used up all e fresh ingredients n didnt cook since. Guess I shld slowly get off my butt when my rhinitis is better n start being a housewife again. Ha..

Hello mummies! I am in my 2nd trimester, edd is 9 March. This will be my 2nd pregnancy.
happy.gif

Seems like many mummies here are carrying the 2nd/ 3rd child. Perhaps, it has been discussed before, but I hope to gather some feedback again please...

I used to use medela swing. It's a great pump, but because it's single, it took up to much time. I was considering medela freestyle, but I read about mixed reviews on amazon. Now, I am considering Medela Pump in Style Advanced. Has anyone used it and can feedback on it?

Thank you!
happy.gif

Hi lucusmummy!
happy.gif

My input might b outdated but here it goes..

For #1, I used Medela dual pumps (wasn't called swing decade ago) while my colleague used Medela PIS (no advanced then). We exchanged e pumps to try out n find not much difference in output, except PIS was neater w motor housed in its own bag while I pack my motor in a cosmetic bag. Personally, I felt it didnt justify e double in price then. Is the prices still differ alot these days?

For #2, I bot Ameda dual based on friend's recommendation n I found it v efficient in extraction n much gentler too. But its membranes tear easily so must standby some.
Dual is definitely better than single. I m also looking for a pump even though not sure if I really need it as I m no longer working. But worried abt engorgment if bb didn't wake up in time or didnt clear all.
So am interested to hear ur n other mommies' views.

Good morning!

Hi Vamiga, thank you for the feedback. There are 4 Pump In Style Advance, if I am not wrong, each comes in a different bag. The price varies also... But it's alot cheaper than freestyle. What I gather from amazon, those u have use PISA before and later switch to freestyle will still prefer PISA than freestyle.

While those who used medela breast pump, whether used other brand before or using breast pump for the first time, love freestyle.
happy.gif

However, I still hope to seek feedback from local fellows.. Haa.. Maybe I'm more fussy..

Hi,

im using PISA and i swear by it. My company is also using PISA.. i think as long as its medela dual pump, all are good. if i understand correctly, the difference between PISA and freestyle is that freestlye is lighter, so to carry anywhere, its easier. But PISA has a stronger suction, so for those who can tahan slightly more, can use PISA, for those prefer not so strong, can use freestyle..but equally good in output, can empty..u can order from sprees, both units should be less than $400..mine also export set from USA, so far serving me well.

Thank you Sunflower. When u said tahan a bit more, it sounded painful. :D

PISA starts from USD 200plus. Freestyle is USD 300plus. With your feedback, I am more certain of getting PISA, one that comes with the tote bag.

A friend recommended to me to "my beauty loft", which you may google. She has some stocks in hand for medela pump.

I will be getting it directly from amazon myself. Just that from US, the trouble is that we will need a voltage converter.

just wondering - anyone thinks that male colleagues / bosses are more sympathetic about your pregnancy or need for work life balance as opposed to female colleagues / bosses?

blueswimmercrab, hmm.... most of my colleagues and bosses are male. They don't know about my pregnancy yet. But I do feel that guys are more willing to give seats in the mrt.

lucas mummy,

Ur son has the same name as my son hehehe.

actually first few time stimulation sure painful..once u get the hang of it, very comfortable liao..i actually full-blast the speed cos i wan to empty fast..so after a few times, not painful at all as my nipples get used to it. I got the voltage converter at $12 only , from Sim lim tower. If you buy for local shops that authorised medela, its about $30 i think.

Sunflower,

Haha.. How old is your son? His father gave him the name. Is this going to be your 2nd or 3rd one?

Thanks for sharing info on the converter. I express exclusively for #1. Diligently express between 2-3 hours, through the night for the first 2 months.. It was so tiring... I guess it would be the same for #2. So I am hoping for a dual pump.
happy.gif

lucas mummy,
he's 25 months..how about urs? on my 2nd pregnancy too.

dual pump is much better if u do it diligently cos when u express one side, the other side will be leaking, best time to pump the other side too..so better to do it both together.

Morning mummies...bad friday ..haha..
my son vomited from 2.30-5am this morning. 5x and i managed to get it stop by giving him probiotics.

this mrn, i bring him go see doc and doc told me that he has stomach flu. and he ask me to continue giving him the probiotics which i show him in packet powder form. he said when vomitting and lao sai, probiotics are very good to stop it.

blueswimmercrab, so far all my bosses are male, haven't been under a female boss before. but once i interviewed for a job, and the boss is a female. during the interview, she already told me that she don't expect me to always take leave or childcare leave for my kid as i will be the only person in that role. she even told me that for her, work comes first then her kid. straightaway i know this job is not for me, and this boss won't be an easy person to work with.. :p but i also heard of nice female bosses and lousy male bosses attitude towards preg/work life balance.

Jessi
finally see u here in thread. i later pm u what i have found for vegetarian cl. my son vomitted again after 8 hrs of taking the probiotics. my father in law said yesterday lunch my son took a lot of honeydrew with soya milk. maybe it cause him to puke. cos he told my mother he feels like puking after coming from their home.

RE: Bosses
i don have lady bosses before. but i believe u kw, this is personally wise. if the person who u work with is family oriented or cares for their employee than shouldn't be a problem them.

like for today case, i bring my son to see doc. i reach office at 11am. no leave taken or whatever. just take time off. they understands.

Hihi

I'm new to this thread. Currently, am about 12wks+ preggie with my #3. EDD in mid Mar.

Am having very bad ms and would feel like vomiting each time when I drink plain water. Have been drinking fruit juice everyday since I discovered I'm preggy from 4wks+ onwards. Anyone here having the same problem as me?

Just back from gynae & guess what?
It's another boy!!
Was v surprised when gynae showed us bcos this is my wk13 only. The boys were v happy to get their wishes come true.

Sbb, did e doc gave anti vomit med for ur son?
Minimal diary pdts but can feed some porridge water to help stomach to bind. Take care!

Mousebb,
This is my #3 n my edd is 12 march but most likely will deliver earlier as it will b by c-section (my 3rd!).

I found most of my male bosses generally more sympathetic than female bosses if their spouses were working.

Stretchmark cream
Saw the new Sebamed stretchmark cream offers 2nd pack at 50% off so bot 2 tubes to try.
Similar pricing by weight compared to e smaller tube of Palmer's but dh reminded me that I had found it to b too creamy for my liking.

Vamiga

Congrats!!!
I already have a boy (5yrs) and a girl (4yrs) so for this round, my hubby and me are not so gan chiong over the gender liao. Will be seeing my gynae on next Sat and hopefully he is able to tell us the gender too
happy.gif

Same as you, this will be my 3rd c-sect too.

Vamiga,

I will be delivering in early Mar, most probably during my kids' school holidays if possible. Which hospital are you going? I'm going to TMC.

Hi mousebb,
What a coincidence! My #2 is 5yo too!
happy.gif

#1 already p3.
Most likely will deliver at mt A again even though the carpark.is a nightmare now. Hopefully that part of upgrading will b ok n situation will improve by then. Else might hv to consider tmc even tho I like e warmer atmosphere at mt A.
Was ur c-section by GA or epidural? I had tried ga for #1 (v disoriented n painful when waking up) n epi for #2 (e shivers!!!) so thinking of epi again. At least dh can b ard.

Vamiga

Both my c-sect were by epidural.
Actually i wanted to go for GA when I delivered #1 but gynae encouraged me to take epidural instead since it's my first bb and will be good if my hubby is there with me. Will go for epidural again.

hi Vamiga and mousebb

this is also my #3 ! Also deliever by epi c sect so most prob early march cos c sect
happy.gif
also hope at MT A carpark situation gets better. considering TMC but the carpark situation also bad

Good afternoon mummies..

Sunflower, pretty close.. My boy is 28mths old. Did u send him to any cc or preschool? We are still looking for school to settle him because of the coming baby...

Yen

So coincidence!
happy.gif

LucasMummy

I sent my boy to a playgroup at a cc when he was 25months. My gal started at 20mths as she is much independent as compared to her brother. Both of them are attending preschool at a church kindergarten now.

Hi, I have been a silent reader all these while. Am a first time mum with Dr Judy Wong at TMC. EDD 29/3/12.

Due to the hazy weather, am down with cough, flu and sore throat. Can I check if the honey from yummi house is safe to be consume? It claims to be active wild honey so not sure what else can be drank to make my condition better
sad.gif

Any mummies here have any natural remedy to recommend?

Thanks!

wah, so many mummies talking
seems like many boys babies here leh
@vamiga, week 13 can know the baby gender? wah, congrats. is it the normal usual u/s scan? or the first tri scan / oscar?
i feel like gg to see my gynae just to check the gender leh

Mousebb, we are still looking for one haha... We are staying at the area where preschool n cc are so hot... U guessed it- sengkang/ punggol.

Mrs yang, im also seeing Judy Wong.
happy.gif

Hi *5* Yen!

Yen & mousebb,
What will b ur childcare arrangements when bb is out? R both of u working?
I m a sahm but don't think I can continue to do e sch runs w an infant, esp during raining days.
Missed e registration for full day childcare of #2's pcf by e time I confirmed pregnancy, so now on waitlist w/o much chance. Other nearer cc/kindy all full!
Might let him take sch bus for a term or 2 if really no choice.
Will hv to train #1 to walk home by himself.
Really don't feel like having a maid again.

Lucusmummy,
I m staying at sk.
happy.gif

All nearby pcfs r under different zones/ constituency so no priority even tho #1 is alumni.

I love babies,
Mine is normal scan at gynae. Either my boys v buay pai seh or gynae v gd, we always know gender quite early.
I m skipping oscar/ ut scan but going directly for amnio test upon gynae's advice. #1 was tested high risk for blood test, & had to do amnio so this 1 likely high risk + my age factor. #2 I v buay kaisi, refused to do any tests since younger then....until irregular heartbeat detected during routine check n was ordered to do detailed scan at wk20+. Lucky all just scares. I cried all the way home from office while driving when I heard #1 blood test result. Now look back, luckily reckless me didn't get into an accident then.

Hi mrsyang,

I read online that honey, including the active ones like manuka are safe for preggies, just not for infants below one, so hopefully a warm glass of honey lemon will help. Get well Soon

Sbb: my pd tells me that the kids have to just go thru the course of vomitting then diarrhea for stomach flu, so hang in there, cut out all dairy products, give probiotics n lots of fluids!

TGIF and I'm off on vacation with the hubby and kiddo! Hopefully I will forget about the morning sickness when having fun! :D

Mrs Yang,
Best not to take active honey w high ufm, might interfere w ur med/ supplements. Normal nuzeebee type is gd enough.
Best to see doc for preggie safe med so that u can recover faster. Dont drag it out. Take care!

Vamiga

I'm a sahm. I have no helper. I have to fetch the kids from school (hubby will send the kids to school in the morning) and bring them to courses on the weekdays. I guess when bb arrives in Mar, I may have to look for alternative liao.

I'm going for my oscar on next Mon. Praying hard that the results will be ok. I went thru NT scan, oscar and amino for my #2. It was a very terrible pregnancy for me. I also had spotting throughout the first trimester which was the reason why my gynae asked to see me on almost every week. Due to these bad experiences, I was actually quite worried to have a 3rd bb hence there will be a age gap of 5-6 yrs when bb comes out.

Breast pump> I'm using freestyle. I loves it as compare to my previous avent. I'm not using max suction so I think I don't need higher suction like PIS. N freestyle is very convenient to bring everywhere I go.

Btw any mummy still bfing? My breast like empty since past few weeks.

Went thomson for Oscar test. N find the place very cramp. Is mt a better?

Hi ladies

Any ideas where to find good and comfy maternity/nursing bras without padding and wire, pls? Thanks.

Anyone start to have sored nipples? Have to start my bras shopping again. The current ones cannot fit me anymore but cannot find any that suit me. Currently wearing tube bra to make myself more comfortable.

Lucasmummy
I'm sending him to preschool at church kindergarten too. But that's next year January. U have to start searching asap cos usually got waiting list, I doubt u have the energy to do it when u reach last tri

Mousebb
U can buy from triumph. I just bought recently. They have super ex ones at $69 , really gd but very Exp. Got cheaper ones like $29.90 etc. I just bought a few too. Can also use bra extensions.

Back