(2013/02) March 2013

Gynae has assured us its safe to bd... Can see dh eyes light up when he heard that haha.... But its me who dun feel like it..

Anyways...... I very long never drink cold drinks le... And if feel like eatg crabs n cockles!!

hmm so shld avoid liang stuff too? sounds like a lot of things!!! =(

will try not to drink green tea, but cold water? i really like cold stuff, especially in this kind of weather.

Hi diamantz, me also about 5 weeks.. n my tummy is really showing.. im feeling bloated evday...
my tummy looks as if it's 3 mths already lor... pp have been giving up seat to me.. even an old uncle! duno shd b happy or sad...

hi ladies,
new here......having my #1 in mar.

may i asked if you ladies have started taking milk? Which brand? Me only on folic & vit c.

Hi Chevy!

I'm also having #1~ Have not seen the gynae... so not even on folic and vit C.

But i do drink HL milk everyday even b4 pregnancy....

queenie congrats. i love cold drinks.. been drinking like teh bing.. oh dear.. cannot control.. i just stop eating raw things only

Thanks Faith!

Mine wasn't planned at all.. juz tt we din avoid since April this yr~~ ;) so i was still eating sashimi and drinking tea until i missed my menses and decided to do a hpt at week 5~~

hope i din do any damage to the lil one
happy.gif

blueswimmercrab: this morning i got tt pukey feeling while pouring milk! but after a while ok liao~ then gulp everything at one go w/o breathing~~

Hi Queenie,
happy.gif
I have yet to c gynae too! heheheeee..... But plse do take folic acid. it's supposed to help prevent spina bifida and some related abnormalities.

Queenie, me! Constipation plus loose stools at week 5-6. Googled and it's coz of rising progesterone in our body. Now coming 8weeks, stools becoming more normal though still having constipation.

Yes, do start on folic soon. It's essential for 1st trimester.

I'm puking mouthful of gastric juice occasionally. anybody experiencing it?

I also can't resist cold drinks! Just caved in to an iced chocolate from starbucks.

from western doc point of view, cold drink is ok, cos anything that goes down our stomache will be warmed up... but this one up to individual preferncE lah
happy.gif

Hi ladies, I think I will be joining you here. I'm roughly 5 weeks in (can't remember my LPM date!), will update the spreadsheet after I see my obgyn and the scan confirms the EDD. Its my no 2 so I'm more relaxed unlike no one where I wanted to see the obgyn immediately once I got a positive test.

Btw, I've been drinking tonnes of cold milk and for my first pregnancy did too. Did me no harm as far as I can tell.

Keeping my fingers crossed - this second pregnancy seems to be treating me well like the first one. Just very mild symptoms and no throwing up.

Hi girls,

I should be 5 weeks now. Having my first pre-natal scan in 2.5weeks time. =) EDD is estimated (by my own cal via conception date) is 21 March. Will update the list when I have seen the doc.

Started taking folic acid as soon as I see BFP on the HPT. Doc also recommended that. He had also prescribed me Duphaston as it wasnt an easy journey for me to get preggie.

Also started to drink milk twice a day. Drinking Similac Mum. Recommended by my sister-in-law.

hi missbean, how's the taste of similac? mixed well with warm water? it's been ages since i last took powdered milk
blush.gif

Chevy: Similac Mum can be quite strong if you put too much milk powder. I normally use two scoops for a normal drinking mug. It mix better with hot water as I have seen some solid residues of unmixed powder whenever the water isnt hot enough.

i think its a good drink in the morning so that I can get the nutrient for the day. I end off the day after dinner with another mug so that I won't feel hungry in the night.

Chevy: you can request for free sample via Abbot Nutrition website. Then you can then decide whether to buy it or not.

Gosh, seems like all mummies hv lots of craving & issue of cold drinks.. I'm down with sore throat & fever, dunno to take any med? Any suggestion? Totally feel like puking...
Dunno is it becos 2nd time, not as cautious as before. I took liang stuff eg barley, watermelon & pineapple to bring my body heatiness down.

Missbean

My #1 , MS striked immediately at wk5 but ended at wk11. My this pregnancy , came at wk 6+ and im still struggling.

Diamantz: my gynae's clinic is at TMC but i think he delivers at Mt A too, i ve a fren who just had her bb at MT A delivered by dr tham. I forgot to double chk with him when i saw him on tues... Anyone can cfm whether dr Tham still delivers at MT A?

Queenie: am craving for spicy stuff too... Any thing that is spicy, salty n sour... i likey!!

I see more n more mtbs... Congrats n welcome!

Hi girls! Just had my first gynae visit! Can I join you gals here? My edd is 14th Mar.... Where can I update the particulars?

Hi Chevy, great to see you here!

Hey girls!
New here, tested positive a few times with the home kit, digital test kit this morning said I'm 3+ wk already, according to online calculator I'm having my #1 in March. Excited but also abit anxious.

Will know more when I visit the gynae, am still deciding on one, may I join you girls here?
happy.gif

Hey mummies..

Just to share.. Download what to expect pregnancy iPhone app!! Gives u daily n weekly update of bb's growth till full term.
Its one of my best companion during my first pregnancy :D I've the book too!!

Hello girls! My menses is about 1.5 wks late (usually very regular) and I suspect I might be pregnant. No symptoms at all. I'm quite lost actually. Should I take the home preg kit / just go to a GP for a blood test / make an appointment with a gynae?

Hi ladies,

I'm expecting my 3rd. I've just hit 8 weeks and my duedate should be in early March.

I bet most of you are having some form of morning sickness? I absolutely hate hate hate the all-day sickness. I hate being weak and lifeless nd then, i'll snap at my 2 older girls (6yo and 3yo).

Beanbean - like you, i'm puking loads of gastric juices. I wonder if it's safe to take gastric tablets. but this round of pregnancy sickness is not as bad as what i had with my #1.

I'm only seeig my gynae next Saturday. and then i'll know my actual edd.

I wish there's a magic potion to make all these terrible symptoms go away. In the meantime, i've just made myself some warm ginger tea to help withthe bloatedness.

Hi anita,

Take a home pregnancy test kit and then make an appt with a gynae. Skip the trp to the gp as it's not necessry at all.

Hello!! Mummies! I also got tested positive at home! Am
Waiting 1-2 more weeks to go gyene... By then to hear heartbeat!

I m so excited I just have to come in to say hi! Mines no 2 ;)

Actually my gynae told me before that the maternal milk is for those who don't take in sufficient nutrients or those with poor appetitie.. In first trimester most people will find it difficult to eat anything so he suggested eat whatever we can stomach..
Maternal milk I only took regularly in second trimester.. Then I put on ALOT of weight fast.. which mostly went to me instead of baby and gynae told me to stop the milk coz its very very fattening.
However, it is still important to drink milk coz of the calcium, DHA n iron etc which r higher in maternal milk. But in second trimester onwards, gynae will prescribe iron, calcium n fish oil to b taken everyday.

Hi mommies! I tested ytd and saw a faint line ....
Is it really positive?!

I'll test again..

If its positive , @ how many weeks can see see a gynae ? It's my second pregnancy...

My #1 is 22 months old

Congrats and welcome all mummies ;)

Naddy, I feel u! Most of the day I feel weak and useless, haha, such a horrible feeling rite! My meals usually stays in, just mouthful of acidic water, very yucky, but feels better after that. Did u have this for ur previous pregnancy? When will it normally go away ah?

welcome all mummies.. !

do you feel tired? i have been sleeping a lot a lot.. can sleep at 10pm at night wake up at 8 eg.. then if not working i will take afternoon nap.. arrgh i feel like a pig!

and ya i just drink cold stuff. think ydae dont know drink how much cold things.. not good ah.

It's NTUC's proposed 6 months paid maternity + optional additional 6 months unpaid leave after that!!
I really hope it will b implemented and hopefully in time for us to benefit from it!!
The initial 6 months (actually its a year) of baby's development is really important.. I took additional unpaid leave so that I can return to work after my #1 is 6 months old.. Additional 6 months till baby is 1yo would b even better!!!!

Blueswimmercrab,
Try drinking peppermint tea? Limit to max 1 once a day (although I cheated by refilling the same cup of tea with hot water).. It helped to curb my ms for my #1. Now my ms haven't full blown yet (touchwood) but also having diarrhea 3-4 times everyday ..

hi nana-mum! thanks, will try that tomorrow! i think i ate something bad, ms doesn't usually result in diarhea i think!

wah, so that is the proposal by NTUC? but how long will it take before it will be passed?

Blue swim
It's really individual... The only thing I could take was mee Hoon kuay... The only thing my best friend could take is fish craker... The only thing my other bestie could take was banana and coke ;)

Just hang in there you will be over it soon!

Hello mummies!
Woooww more joining us in this forum! Congrats all!

Chevy, Hope.. Congrats!! I was from e other forum page too!

I'm almost turning 8weeks! Appetite has been good, can swallow almost anything! No vomitting yet but only this nausea feeling. Ohhh and I tell u, I can't stand smells anymore!
Hari Raya bazaar at geylang is now on, so much smoke, food smell & body odors make me all dizzy! but all for the hari raya spirit must try to toughen up myself!! Hehe

Back