(2013/02) Feb 2013

morning ladies,
feel like i'm eating whole day. keep feeling hungry. also very sleepy. i sneaked away from office & took a power nap. feel so much better

those who went to c gynae on wkday, do u take mc or paid time off or AL?

Vanilla = castiel's mummy?
Is she in FB grp? Been awhile din hear from her n missed her drooling food pics.

Anyone heading baby fair expo tom?
Wondering is it too early too see? Scare hand itchy go n buy unnecessary stuff..
Thinking of gg aft gynae but DH not keen.
Normally what's there?

Kim,
I oso feel hungry all day. This morning I over eat again
sad.gif

Now waiting for DH buy tea snack back, ha!!!

DHM, you're so funny, wondering where all the mummies disappeared to... Okay, I am guilty of disappearing, but only got time to follow one website ley.. But I shall rmb to log in here once in a while to see how you and your 3 beanies are doing! Great that you are having a good appetite!

Wah, so many Yishun mummies around.. Awesome!

Hi DHM, yup, multiples charged more expensive than singleton. How have you been?

Guess most of us are about to move into the 2nd trimester of our pregnancy, jia you jia you! Morning sickness and whatever nonsense first trimester gave us will soon come to an end and we'll all be enjoying our pregnancy, I hope!

Miracle, yes yes.. I love 2nd trimester.. No more puking and whatever nonsense, and will start feeling baby moving.. I can't wait!

Taka fair, i usually go there for pigeon bottles trade in at 50% off..
happy.gif
i think all mummies are chatting in fb. this forum is so quiet now
sad.gif

DHM,
yday 9 plus i asked my hub to dao bao wanton mee for me & i gobble whole pkt dw.. oops feeling so guilty. i dun need that much calories!

How long do u think we can keep milk bottles for? Been years since I last used most of my bottles. Wonder if shld trade in.

Kimberly.. whn will u be joinin us? I knw DHM waiting for 2nd trimester..

Wasier to track the conversations in fb but i promise to come in here to chit chat as well..
happy.gif

DHM - i waitin to see ur scan pics.. hahaha.. tink must be amazing..

Felicia have added u as fren on fb.. pls accept & I will add u to the group

Good morning, all
happy.gif

baby dino - how can I join the secret group? Can you please give me your email and I add you?

My doctor only goes to TMC so I can only go there though I have wanted to try out Mt A ..maybe next time ^_^

Good morning mummies...
Have been Mia for quite some time busy with the other kids.
Elderest preparing for Psle and youngest is getting very active so left with little time to join in the chat. Mine is also approaching 2nd trimester. Indeed am looking forwards to it.
happy.gif

Hi hi.. a mummy jz added me on facebck... it that u Laurie? Have added u to the group already .. u can update ur details in the "files" tab.

Welcome & thanks..

luvnhope,
trade in lah.. PES plastic pigeon bottles cost ard 8-9 bucks after trade-in, cheaper than avent.. i usually change my gal's plastic bottle every half yr, but i kw some mummies change every 3 mths

babydino,
like DHM, 2nd trimester, mid aug then join fb bah

luvnhope,
the bottles to trade in must be complete set including the teat. i always give teat thet my gal bite bite till big big holes one. haha

a tip to share w new mummies:
we always change teats to fit growing stage of our newborn.. ie 3 months bigger teat hole, 6 mths bigger etc.. i suggest u dun throw away those smaller teat size. can keep them till they grow up, any teat size will do by then cos i cut a slit to make milk flows faster.
happy.gif

Thanks Kimberly! Do u know if these trade-ins are all year round or only during fairs like this? When's the next round other than the Taka fair?

luvnhope,
i only trade in pigeon bottles during taka fair. There shd be another taka baby fair towards end of yr. if u trade in now, u rid old bottles & maybe new ones will be cheaper than yr end? u trade in yr end, need to keep old bottles till then. up to u.. avent has trade in as well i think sometimes during expo fair but they limit to 1st XX pieces. the only thing i like abt avent bottle is their dustcap can put upright. other than that, i feel avent stuff always overprice. For newborn bottles, i prefer to buy glass bottles cos need to sterilise- safer. up to invidual.

Hi mummies, there is no more taka baby fair till next year. I called to check already. So maybe u might want to do ur exchange this time. they only have it twice a year.

sfmq, u can look out for shopping centres like Robinsons, Isetan, OG baby fairs or sale where they sell steriliser bundles which will be cheaper than usual. Or look out for Expo baby fairs. there's Baby Expo this weekend actually. and Parent World Fair at end of Aug. Can check out expo website for the dates.

Trade in bottles can also be done at Expo fairs where they have Pigeon booth and Medela booth.

Ya loh, lesser pple came in n chat aft the FB grp. Wondering where most of u gone to.

I tot the baby fair is at Expo, haha!
Din go at all cos not allowed
sad.gif

Went for my scan today...
Babies r alm 5cm each. So touching to see each one of them swimming in their sac. Really in their own world, haha!
Took off utrogestan and can start taking all the supplements now.
Dr advised me to take more care now than I was in 1st trimester.
He said, 'No exercise' (ok...), 'No housework' (Yippeeee!!), 'No long distance walking aka No SHOPPING' (huh!!!!
sad.gif
) Damn put off the last one... How to buy things for babies???????!!!!

He give me a few days to think whether to do NT scan. Oscar scan not for triplets...
I'm still deciding...
Cos need to do a detail scan at 5th month too.

Hi DHM, you must be so happy to see your babies playing in there! Think you can walk abit then rest abit? Hehe..

Today super hungry, ate a plate of pasta, then hungry so ate 3 slices of bread, now still hungry. This is madness! Ordered pizza, waiting for it to arrive. Heng hubby's coming home soon so i won't finish everything by myself. Hah!

Miracle,
yr food list making me drool...
My dr warned me re:my wt gain. He only allows me to gain 2kg per month, not 2kg per 2wks.
I told him I v hungry all day n he sugg I eat oat.
Phlek! I hate oats!
He said that's the point lor. U eat oat when U hungry and u will not eat much as u dun like it.
But this will make me want to eat other food even more right?

My DH has been controlling my plate today after the visit..... humpf!

Bo bian i guess, if doc alrdy warn you about the weight then must watch urself. My gynae told me risk of gestational diabetes will increase if you are carrying more babies. So now i try and follow the gestational diabetic diet so as to eat healthily and to prevent the gestational diabetes. I got the info from my cousin who had borderline diabetes so hopefully it works. Let me know if you wan me to share it with u.

Dhm soooo exciting!! Feeling is great to b able to See Ur bbs... Can post pics? Nvr see before triplets .. U must take care nw, Bo pian coz u carrying triplets so doc also worry n ask u b more careful.... Take care
happy.gif

Nickole thanks for the info...

Hi baby Dino.. the fair is usually Mar and Aug but this year it came earlier.. so next year should be in Mar again when our baby is born.

Ohh ok thanks jnsk... Coz the disc for the medela pump is quite gd. So considering nw. But if the fair is nxt mar Thn maybe I will buy Thn. Since I won't need the pump till I go bck to work.. Can ask Dh to go buy for me

babydino,
it's best to buy a pump b4 u pop cos not all babies can latch well. my fren baby can latch well but cos of undesired wt gain when baby went bk to see PD, PD asked my fren to pump out milk so that they will kw hw much he is drinking so ended up she use the pump 2 wks after baby born.. so better to get it earlier else when u nd it no more sale.

Hmm thanks Kim but still too early to buy nw I guess.. Dilemma.. It would b best if there is another bb fair at the end of the year lol but may not happen. Another way wld b I buy frm overseas Thn ship bk. but of coz then there's thr warranty issue .. Beside medela is there any other gd rec. dual pump?

Hi DHM
How many weeks are you in now? it's really so amazing to see 3 babies in your womb!

What is NT scan for?

yea must control weight otherwise you will suffer when tummy is balooning after 2nd trimester.

babydino,
there will sure be other baby fairs in expo. so no worry. buy from overseas unless gt ppl bring in for u cos i heard there is a ban to ship medela internationally from USA, which some spree-ers said. else u can get from agapebabies, no warranty as well but cheaper i think $410.. else can get from 1st few yrs cheaper than local medela cos they r parallel import but they offer in hse warranty. gt to ck hw long.
i'm planning to get medela PISA. very durable i heard. no one has ever svc it based on my friend's review. other than medela, i do not kw what other dual pumps are gd. better dun waste $ on ameda. i dun recommend thou it's cheaper. i svc at least twice when i used it for #1.

Thanks Kim, i aso heard ameda not good as the suction cup there is small so may rub agst the nipples n cause soreness..

Btw where is 1st few years located? Thanks

Back