(2013/02) Feb 2013

my first labour was a horrible experience... i couldnt have sex for 1 year after that cos the labour was traumatic that the fear and everything else just came back to me all the time.

i hope this time round would be much better.

Mummies with #1 - is ur #1 more sticky to u aft u preggy.. Mine is and very attention seeking.. Always cry for me to carry..

Melody, yes!! My #1 super emo and clingy these days.. Maybe coz I feel tired and sick from MS myself, and i think i have a lot less patience compared to the past, so it affects him..

Is any anybody's MS lightening up already? My gynae said may last till around 14 weeks. Aiyo... Finally only hit 9 weeks today. Still so many more weeks to go.

BBgen

Are u better after the drip? The drip helped me a lot. I was so comfy in e hospital. Now back at home, also eat n drink better, though still hv all those symptoms lah...
U ?

I fall sick constantly after i stopped breastfeeding almost a year ago. My friends all said that I did not have a good confinement that was why such things happened.

My question is, what would be a good confinement that is pro-breastfeeding as well?

During my last confinement, I did not drink stuff like danggui and other herbs that is not suitable for baby to ingest lest i pass it on via breastmilk. I also wake up twice a night to pump and build up my supply then.

Is the above defined as a bad confinement? I need your advise as I am really falling sick on a monthly basis from January till now.

Anyone who breastfeed here with a reasonably well confinement (that is you feel better than before you gave birth and stronger too)? Your advise is needed, thanks

Scooby, I have the same question too.what makes a good Confinement?

Really want to do a good one with this second baby but totally clueless with TCM.

Can some guru advice?

what is the definition of good confinement? I would like to know too..

As I have been falling sick monthly even before I got pregnant..

Personally I don't believe in confinement but how you keep yourself fit and active.
When I had my #1, I didnt hire confinement lady, I took care of #1 myself (2 hours feed, bathing, etc.) and wash all the laundry. The only thing I depended on my MIL was cooking my meals.

I had completed 2 marathons and 3 1/2 marathons during these 2 years.

Take care of yourself, eat healthy and do moderate exercise should be a more practical approach I supposed.

Just my 2 cents.

Of coz, when I started running after delivery, many older aunties was commenting that my womb will sag la..... this and that. Can be quite annoying.

Wow Jerbunny, u r good!

Do u start exercising during yr confinement? My mum says my womb will sag is I move too muchand I have to be mostly bed-ridden durign my confinment month. Haha. I am only due next Jan so I am taking things in my stride...

I only started light jogging 2.5 months after delivery. Have a slowly build up stamina anyway. Have to really find time doing exercise but I guess its a good relaxation away from the new born. =)

Fish, there are more mummies here, coz I think some mummies wanna wait till later before joining the fb secret group.. But I find it easier to track conversations in fb group, plus I log in to fb more often than forum, so... Personal preference lah. Anw add me on fb? Easier to chat. [email protected] .. I went to register my boy for OLSS this morning! Very kiasu.. Haha.

Re: confinement
To some extent, I do agree with Jerbunny. I fall sick a lot since having a kid, but I contribute it to lack of sleep and proper meals, having to gobble down junk most of the time since I don't have enough time to sit down for a proper meal. However, if you lose a lot of blood during delivery, then I think it's impt to eat iron-rich confinement food, ESP if you intend to bf. I have a friend who fainted from anaemia. Ultimately, like Jerbunny said, we need to look after ourselves. Mummies tend to neglect our own health when we have kids.

Hows everyone? Taken lunch?
I juz had laksa :p. v strong craving for it since last week. I surrender to its calling!!

Am very happy with the scan today.
All three of them are about the same size now, ard 20mm for all. By scan, I'm abt 8w5d now. 3 more weeks to end of 1st trimester!!!!!
Still hv to take things slow and easy n definitely no housework.
Dr has advised that my delivery may be at end Dec. When I told dr can push till at least Jan. He said hvnt come across triplets can hold till 35weeks.. Oh no..
Nvm, I will pray hard everyday and hope babies and I can tahan till Jan
happy.gif

Now I wish 3 of them will live harmoniously n healthily both inside n outside.

Personally I feel confinement is necessary...
I had done a mini one b4 after my D&C, i was advised not to bathed but I did. The moment I bathed, I shivered even the water is hot n windows closed.
I realised my body is not so strong, for that short period.
Moreover, we r talking abt 9 months pregnancy and labour! All the more we shd take good care after delivery.

My mum oredi prepared herself to help me take care during the 1st month. Everytime I went hm n visit her, she keep telling me how she will gg to help me. And she is very eager to help me since she knew i was TTC. Hope she dun faint when the real drama is on, haha!!
Getting a maid is also on our list at the moment.

Thks for the link...
Prob I will see what he says abt the development of the babies when I'm seeing him 3wks later. See what he suggest. Ya, those results v tormenting. Not sure I want to put myself through it anot...

Jerbunny, I'm likely doing the scan in Week 12. Think it's also a chance to get to see baby for longer time during the scan.
happy.gif

DHM, i've heard that OSCAR test is not very accurate for multiples. You might wanna check out the detailed scanning at Camden Medical Center instead.

Good confinement? My mum v greenhorn. She only did her 1st time when my SIL gave birth. Menu she followed cook book. But taking care of bb n mother, she juz do watever she can rem from last time. Find it easier to hv someone I know to help me.
Prob I will seek my friend's mum for advise abt food and many more after I passed my 1st trimester when I released the good news to my friends..
I saw a friend of mine went Chinese medical hall n bought a month's supply of herbs n tonic which are prepared in packets for her to boil n drink during her confinement.
Think this is a good idea.

Luv,
Ooh.. Really ah? I din know that. My gynae oso nvr mentioned abt Oscar scan today leh. I oso nvr think of that today. I will see what he say when I see him again. Thks!

DHM, yeah, i also only learnt that recently. With multiples, it tends to give a false positive more often. Can check with ur doc tho.

Jerbunny,
I did the Oscar test for #1. So for #2 will also do at wk 12 where my next scan will be 21 July. As told by the gynae, it is to check the Down Syndrome. As age increase it is gd to check. but it also play safe to check even the mummy is younger. so just check lor. I remember need to drawn blood de which is the most scary part i hate & is quite costly too. ^^

Girls, my left shoulder is aching so much i wanna tear it apart...can we paste those salonpas thingy on ourselves?

DHM, if born in Dec, you and hubby can get tax relief for 2012! Some more 3 kids, you all won't need to pay income tax for a long time.. Hoho! But of course if can keep longer in mummy will be better for bb's health lah.. Maybe you can seek other gynae's advice whether it's true that triplets don't hold past 35 weeks.. Coz sometimes first-time mummies tend to just follow whatever gynae says, without realising there may be better alternatives out there.

Confinement

I also deem it necessary... For my #1, I din have proper confinement... Cos I breastfeed, I refused to drink soup with alcohol in it... Eventually, I can feel my body getting weaker... Feel cold easily n fall sick almost once a month...many told me I can only bu back during my second confinement...

So now, I'm intending to bu for 40 days...

Well..I guess it's up to individual..? I did my own confinement for my #1..I did all house chores (laundry, floor, and the usual stuffs), taking care of my 2 dogs, cook my own meals, breastfeed my baby every hour during day, night will be every 2hrs..if you ask me how i manage to do all that..? I'm pretty much amazed by myself too..

I didn't take in any herbs as yes..i'm afraid of collic..I only put in SUPER minimum amount of ginger and sesame oil but totally no alcohol..I'll write down on what ingredients i need and ask hubby to get it for me after work..*Touch wood touch wood* My child really am easy to take care and rarely fall sick..

I breastfeed my child for 2.5yrs..and if you ask me..my health ain't that perfect throughout my life..not say anything terminal or serious..but often will catch short period of common sickness here and there during my younger days..

If you ask..of coz i would like to strengthen my body after birth..but seriously..according to tcm or western style..they each have diff views on dos and don'ts during confinement for BF mums..and well..as a mother..of coz i'll choose my baby as first priority..so i rather i myself to avoid/super minimize food stuffs that might trigger collic or cause any form of health issue to my baby..well..I can jolly well strengthen my body after my BF stop..I just tell myself i can..i'm alright..i'm strong..if you ask me..mindset plays an important part..

Oh yah..but i do take vitamins during my pregnancy, bf period..as my child hit 1.5yrs old..I'll double boil "Pao Sheng" with lean meat for 8hrs and drink it thrice weekly and bird nest with red dates and couple slices of "Pao Sheng" once every 2 weeks..other than that..i don't remember taking any other stuffs..lots of fish perhaps..?

Hmm..right now..my child's already 5 yrs old..ask me how many times i've fall sick..haha..still can hit the same target when i'm pre-pregnant with my #1..hahaha..

But I still stick to..it's up to individual..stick to your comfort zone..don't compare yourself with others..do it within your budget, health, mindset, believe, priority..not everyone is blessed to have help from anyone..i trial and error myself on BF issue..encountered lots of hiccups..really wanna gave up, in tears, frustration, but it's my baby..my child..that little one gave me hope and encouragement..pulled me up and i believe my baby needs me to be strong..i told myself..i'm not alone to face any difficulties..every woman is different..every pregnancy is different..whatever it is..be in your own comfort zone..as you're older..your stamina might not be as good as when you're young..that's why i don't wanna to try..i rather take tingkat service..hehehe..

*Hugs*

Oh yah..I swim throughout my pregnancy after my 1st trimester..18 laps each time..all the way till i'm gonna to give birth..the very last week of my pregnancy..i huff and puff after 2 laps..so i guess..it's time..haha..and i started to jog, swim and cycle regularly after my child hit 3 yrs old..not super pro lah..but slow jog, slow cycle to enjoy the greeny scenery (Upper thomson)..swim slow to enjoy the night view and music (Yishun safra)..

!!!!

Womb will sag..?! really..?! i didn't know that..slow slow slow jog included..? and yes..i do agree with ying..i'll gobble down my food fast but with style lah..hahaha..coz kids will always be in first priority..

Morning mummies

An update and we finally saw the sac yesterday... Everything in order and thanks for the consistance support.

According to my Gyane I will be delivery in early March thou but an not leaving the group due to this.

From yesterday scan I am only 5 weeks
happy.gif
God bless and thank god for this wonderful baby
happy.gif

Christy, congrats! Woohoo! Such a relief to see e lil one, isn't it?

I forgot which mommy it was that recommended si shen tang. Anyway I bought it fr ntuc n gonna try it w mee sua later!

Congrats Christy and DHM!

Today is the first time I puked! Looks like can't escape from MS this time. I feel so blessed that my first pregnancy is so smooth sailing. Now only the beginning of week 8 and wonder how long more will this MS gonna stay.

Hello mommies.. I've been away from here for a quite a while.. Hard to catch up already.. Quite a bit of happenings for me too.. I had light green discharge 2 weeks ago and seen a GP and found out I've got yeast infection. Thankfully not UTI.. Was given probiotic powder.. Drink lots of craneberry juice and took yougurt daily.. But after that I experienced almost 1 week of diarrhea plus neaseous to make it worst.. Thankfully it got better last week before I had my gynea appt on Friday and was told that I had diarrhea probably cos the probiotic is not suitable for me.. =/

Went for my first gynea visit to see Dr Benjamin Tham on friday.. Didnt manage to see the baby clearly through scan from tummy.. Had to scan from vaginal.. Thankfully it was not as painful as expected.. Anyone had the same experience? I was thinking if it's because my tummy has too much fats and cant see through.. =P I'm at week 7 and its so amazing to hear and see the baby's heart beat and the baby barely 1cm!

Was asked to make an appt for oscar scan at week 12.. But after some discussion with my hubby, we're probably not going to do the scan.. Cos we were thinking, even if anything happens to the baby, we're not going to terminate the pregnancy..

theblessedone: Congrats! perhaps the machine not good enough? Not sure, both my pregnancies I only did tummy scans at 6 weeks, can see and hear heart beat
happy.gif

I have the same thoughts about oscar scan. Baby is a gift from God and I will not terminate it. I didn't do oscar for my boy too.

Christy n the blessedone, That's great
Btw, any of u experience a burning sensation at throat during or after puking? Is it ok?

Back