(2013/01) Jan 2013

I delivered in kk and during birth he fail left ear already. So before we are discharge, they already make appt for baby to test the ear when he is 1mth old. Then second time is when he is ard 10weeks. Still fail the left side. Hence now wait for the detail test lo.
After your baby is delivered, the hospital should have provided baby a hearing test ma. Yours Dun have meh??

The hearing test is optional.

Re testicles, doc says by one yr old, water should be gone. If not, need to go for surgery to drain out the water

Aspialle, glad that things r looking bright for u. Hope u get a good and helpful maid!

Xinyue, my bb also fail the bell test at clinic. But he pass hearing test in hospital and will respond to sound and reply when we talking means can hear rite?.. But jus dun respond to bell... Dun knw how too hope next assessment he will respond.. Mayb need to train..

Is "let baby cry it out" is the fastest method to put baby sleep through night for 8 hrs??

Experience mummies can share how to get baby sleep through night without crying?

Think he is bigger size, can accommodate more milk to tahan till morning, he don't cry for milk at night anymore but will suck his fingers... Sometimes I put pacifier or just let him suck then he will sleep

WKnRayden > Sigh.. dont think need to train? my #1 did not have such issue....
Did you ask the nurse or PD how come bb fail bell test but pass hearing test in hospital? I am hoping that mine is slow in development. Sometimes he responds when we coo to him, sometimes not. Does yours get startled by sudden loud noise? Mine depends.. Sighh..

aspialle > When is your maid coming?

my baby is 3mo. theoretically, she should be drinking 180ml. but she has been drink only 120ml. recently, she only drinks 90ml.

sad.gif

Jaslyn,
Why you think that your girl should be drinking 180ml ?

My boy is 4.5 months, only drinking 130ml every 3 hours and sometime 4 hours. As long as your girl is gaining weight, I think shouldn't be a problem.

Aspialle, Good Luck!!
happy.gif

previously my son able to finish 150ml... He reduced to 130ml recently due to stuffy nose, and now he recover from his stuff nose also didn't increase back the intake, and sometime can only take 100ml.

I think should be fine ba.. I didn't think so much.. Anyway, i feed him with ebm.

Jaslyn,
My 4mo boy is drinking 120ml every 3 hrs. He just started infant care yesterday and there is a 5mo baby gal in his class who takes only 120ml every 4 hrs. So the volume your gal is taking seems alright! General rule of thumb is to drink 150ml for each KG of baby's weight over 24 hrs eg 900ml for 6kg baby over 24 hrs, and less than this is ok so long as baby is in a healthy weight range.

My baby is also taking ard 125ml per feeding.. He's only drinking abt 5 -6 feedings per day. And he's 3mths old now. Weight is at 90 percentile too. So as long as he is maintaining, there shouldn't be a problem ba..

My girl is 4 months now, drinking 180-200ml every 3-4 hours. She is having 5 feed per day and she can sleep through the night (10-12hours) after her last feed.

Chui Yi,
Wow! Envy wor! Easier for you/caregiver since baby to have lesser feeds w higher volumes! And can sleep for such a long stretch without milk is like a dream to me still
happy.gif

I also wish my baby can let me sleep through the night!
So tired with night feeding.. And baby dun even drink that much. Seems like only wan to latch on..

Brandon_mummy,
Possibly want warmth n comfort only.... Yes night feeds very tiring.... I hope I can sustain when I am back to work!

Aspialle,
Will be back to work in 1 week's time so putting baby in infant care from start of May to allow him some time to adapt n I have some time to get used to the arrangement + clean/pack house a bit too otherwise once I start work will be too busy n tired to pack!
happy.gif

Bdmummy,
Yeah.. Think so too.. I'm already back to work..
It is tiring but I think all mums can sustain the tiredness after seeing baby growing up healthy..

Bdmummy
I see will be really tiring after work to look after baby.

My boy outgrow his jumpsuit and clothes v fast.. Now even 12 mth jumpsuit is too small to button ... U all have any problems finding clothes?? Usually they don't sell 18 to 24 mth.. Very hard to find

I face that problem too. 1 year too small, 2 years old clothes too big... Sometime I just leave him unbutton.. Hahaha...

Hello,
Anyone interested in 1 can of similac mum low fat maternal supplement (900g) expiring on 23/07/2014?
Received as sample, not opened, free of charge, self collect sengkang.
I feel it's a pity to just throw it in the bin cos I don't take.

mummyval, i just brought my 4mo boy to the pool for the first time ytd! only played ard for less than 30mins and he was very tired n hungry after that!
happy.gif

recently my boy refused to finish his 160ml bottle every feed. always left abt 60-80ml and refuse to continue to drink... very stressful and tiring for me just to try to coax him to finish up but still unsuccessful
sad.gif

Xycartx, so u dressed him in tt float jacket thingy? I'm very soo lkg fwd to bringing my boy to e pool too. Wonder how he'll take to it.

Re. milk, mine had e same prob some weeks bk too. Was impossible to get him to finish his usual feed of 160. Wasted so much milk. But e phase passed within a week (If I rmbr correctly) and he's now drinking even more than before. Happy for him
happy.gif

I got the neck float for him instead. If your boy likes to bathe, likely he'll enjoy swimming as well
happy.gif

I hope mine pass that phase soon... sigh.

My boy also can't finish usual feed of 160 ml, maybe due to teething

Today brought him to shave botak, also for jab. He is now 8.4 kg at 4 mths

My boy took his last feed at 10.30pm last night and up till now, refuse to take his milk. It's as though he don't feel hungry at all! Really dunno what's wrong with him....
sad.gif

Hmm.. in that case I don't think my boy is teething yet even though he's also drooling alot and keeps putting his hands into his mouth cos he'll still suck his pacifier and drink water from the bottle. He just don't want to take his milk.

sigh... it seems that my boy doesnt like the bottle teats. during feeds, he will play with the teats and can take an hour to finish 90ml of milk... he starts to drool and sucks his thumbs.

aspialle > found your maid? sigh.. decided to go hospital to do hearing test for bb instead of waiting for polyclinic's 2nd review..

Back