(2013/01) Jan 2013

Nickole,
Why cannot latch on during the night??
I usually latch on my baby when he wake up in the night for feed. Faster and also save time.. Cause dun need to pump out.
Usually my let down will come faster when baby latch on..
During pump will come at a later stage.. And when baby latch on and let down came, sometimes baby is unable to cope, then will let go of my nipple. And cause milk to spray on his face.. Lolz.. So everytime must prepare a hanky to standby clean his face.

My baby during birth is 3.21kg, now is 7.4 at 3months.
My baby will keep on rubbing his eyes when he feel tired. Then we will know he want to sleep.

Mummy_wen,
How much are the sleep suit selling at expo??

hi brandon mummy,
the sleepsuits are selling at max $10. some stores sell at $9 and one sells at $5! these are with covered toes ones so they are good for bbs who sleep in aircon rooms.

their prewalker shoes are $10 each, and buy 2 get 1 free.

Mummy wen,
That's really cheap! My baby sleep in aircon room with us.
Just bought from mothercare for a bigger size..
Hope can go there when if I'm free..

Aspialle/Tnqhome,
My baby also 90percentile!! ^_^

Mummy_wen, do they sell playmat and any Mustella booth at the expo fair? Seems like a small one as only 1 hall?
happy.gif

hi angeliqueous,
yes, playmats are sold there. quite a few selections. i didnt see mustella though. it is rather small, they didnt fully occupy the hall even.

xycartx, Our babies 4 month old can go to swimming pool meh? Not too cold for them? Do you use the swimming diaper and does it get heavy when wet? hehe..
Mummies, do you still bath yr baby now in warm water? I still follow the same method they teach us to bath new born (eg. warm water and 2 drips of soap, wash face with cotton ball, etc)...lol

Angeliqueous,
I brought my boy to the pool in the late afternoon. Water was quite warm in fact... I didn't get swimming diaper for him yet but I pee-ed him b4 going into the pool. Only let him kick water for awhile. Maybe abt 15mins only.

I still bathe him in warm water, but like the other mommies, I use hanky to clean his face instead.

Hi Mummies,

I have not login to SMH since birth... & now back to work after 16 weeks so can login! Missing my baby~~

I have a question: my gal doesnt nap long during daytime, the most 30 mins to 1 hour... but she can slp from 10/11pm to 6/7am... Any mummies experiencing the same as me?

My baby yesterday go back to the usual timing.. Waking up at 2am+ n 5am+...
Whole night sleeping Only lasted for 3 days.. :;(

Any mummies here experiencing babies sudden crying while sleeping??
Sound very pitiful type of crying..
Sometimes out of nothing, my baby will cry loudly then go back to sleep.. Dunno is it bad dream or what..

Brandon mummy
My bb too will suddenly cry when slpg, think bad dreams..

Xin yue

Yes transfer maid. Having a maid is gd and bad, I have to start teaching again... Means no more tabao for dinner, must cook dinner at night ... My son will not attend student care if she comes, then have to cook lunch... He will come and pester me whole morning too

Baby seems to be too attached to me
-------------------------------------------------

Realised bb seems to be v v attached to me, I'm sahm mum so whole day see me.. Recently there are times my mum help me take care for a while so that I can go and run errands or at times hubby take care then I fetch my son to enrichment class....he will cry and shout, yell...today also cranky whole morning, don't know whether bb feeling insecurity ??

Brandon_mummy > Yup, my baby did.. Some will say the baby is 'frighten by dirty things'.. Some will say baby had a bad dream..

Aspialle > Hmm.. Let's hope for the best, hopefully, she knows the basic stuffs, then lesser on trainings.
Heehee.. home cooked food is nice. You can still tabao food once in awhile.. Good that your big boy can come home straight after school.
Home still beats student care, in my opinion.

Ops.. enjoy his pestering.. Soon, he won't be pestering you when he has his own activities.. They are growing up too fast!

You are the baby's main caregiver up to now. It is natural that he is attached to you.. Likewise, enjoy this moment too
happy.gif
If the baby is attached to the maid or someone else, you might not like it...

Yup, presume baby is insecure. Maybe he is also not used to the papa or granny taking care of him..

brendon_mummy,

I experience both!!

My boy was able to sleep through night for 2 days before then back to normal.
sad.gif
My mom said he might be too tired as I bring him out.

I think baby will dream, maybe just bad dreams..

Xinyue
Normally my hb would want to have 3 dish 1 soup, I can teach maid to cook but frm experience it takes time and first month or so , I could be doing most of the cooking, yes going to be tiring if bb cranky at the same time

My son always looking for companion but I'm busy with bb can't be always dotted with him, he will come to knock my room door till I come out hehe

Yes they go thru diff stages, same with bb.. That's life!

Aspialle, Is it jealousy? I heard from my colleague, that her elder girl will knock and shout at the door while she is feeding her younger boy in the room.

tnqhome, yea i guess so. my 5 yo will want to drink too if mei mei is latching, and he will be happy if he finishes his bottle first before the sis. so funny!

aspialle > I see.. yup, first few months will be tough.. hope this maid is ok, then you can relax a bit.. maybe your boy is lonely?

Xinyue

U going back to work?

I hope to find things to work from home... Own business is more flexible and got extra income. Since I don't think I will be going back workforce soon, I don't feel safe giving bb to third party like maid or infant care. My mum can't look after for me too

aspialle > sighh.. am back to work since 3 weeks ago. took 3 months of ML..
If i can do online biz, I wont want to go back to work..
Yup, own biz is more flexible and there is the extra pocket $$.
My mom is helping me to look after #1 and #2 and #3 (the maid)..

Any mummies here is a weekend parent?

My mom is taking care of my gal... I stayed Yishun, mum stayed Woodlands... Duno if I shld bring my gal home on alternate days or fri nights only... I'm so afraid of the bonding part.
Bringing home will be at least 8pm already, bb usually sleep at 10/11pm, then the next morning, have to wait up by 6am to get prepare for work & bring to my mum's place. It seems so rushing but only get to bond a couple hours on alternate days.
So emo just thinking of it~~

Xinyue
Ur mom so gd..... Mine, ask her look after a while so that I bring elder son to doc, she called me saying bb cry non stop she cannot handle... Ur mom handling 3 with the maid, not bad

Purple rain
At first my mil wants to look after bb, I live in east she is in west, so I will become weekend parent too thus I rejected her offer. No choice now I'm staying home to look after bb myself

Aspialle > Yeah... cant grumble about her.. She is looking after my two boys and the maid. During my ML, my mom and I will take turns to take care of the boys, so lesser problems when I go back to work.

I guess your #2 not used to your mom..

Purple rain > understood about the bonding part. Heard of some mummies with the following arrangement ;-
After work, go back to their mom's place to play with or take care of baby till he/she sleeps. Then they will go back to their own home. Dinner will be at their mom's place too.. That way, you can have homecooked food plus get to bond with your child.
Every Friday, bring the baby home.

If you intend to bring baby home daily, leave most essential items at your mom's place, so that you don't have so much stuffs to lug around?

xinyue,

Initially, was thinking to stay over at my mom's place on certain days, i.e. Tue & Thurs... at least won't feel tired of travelling up & down.
Also scared bb will'ren' house if bring home on fri only... Defintely, bb will be more close to my mum but I'm ok, as long as not my MIL can liao... haha...

Arghh... not easy being a FTWM~~!!

Purple rain> yeah.. hi five.. dont want bb to be close to the ILs. Do wat u think suits u better... but at the end, you still have to bring bb home with u..

Frankly speaking I also prefer my own mum look after..
At least if we got any comments on looking after the baby can speak out without worrying abt whether she will mind a not.
If talk to MIL need to be more careful scare later complain.. Haha!!

Agreed!Somemore I am not close to my MIL, imagine if I comment anything, she will even think this DIL no respect~~~ haha...
Also, I rather give the allowance to my mum instead of MIL...

Agree. Since not close to MIL, will offend them easily by words or anything. Or else they will upset us.

My boy currently take care by my mum, I feel a bit upset when my SIL & MIL comment towards my son. Sigh, my son bit slow in his milestone, he can flip over to tummy, but cannot flip over to his back and he is now reaching 5 months old.
sad.gif
They said very slow as SIL kids can do it at 4 months. SIL commented WE feed too much till my boy is FAT and I should let my boy cry it out to stop night feeding. Anyway, I am fine for his milestone and weight since pd said it's fine so I try my best to ignore the negative comments, but still feel abit upset sometimes.

tnqhome,

I feel u~~ Different babies different growing up stages... I also kena hurt b4... My MIL commented some minor things like why never do this & that for bb when i'm doing confinement at my mum's place, as if my mum is not doing a good job. *angry*
Trust me, they will never say anything not good abt them on taking care of babies... Oops! i sound like a bad DIL...
My mum always said: dun worry lah, babies very clever de, they will learn to flip, sit, crawl & walk soon or late only... is automatic wan lah...

Tnqhome
Let them cry at night without milk a bit cruel leh. Just ignore their comments. Somehow I tink most people feel that fat bb are slower.... Mine also fat fat chubby. Just ignore them la, with their cute smile it's all worth it..

These few days going crazy with his cranky teething discomfort... Arms are painful again. These few days so hot too like oven...so happen my air con compressor spoil at this time, luckily we got 2 compressor link to 5 aircon so have to shift to other room that is working

comments on baby not reaching milestones are hurting. every baby is different anyway. dont take them to heart.

my #1 was very slow to start talking but she was an early walker. there were comments to say why hasnt she talked properly yet etc in the past. but once she started talking, she amazed all of us.

i remember my brush with my MIL when i had #1. i couldnt tahan when she kept doubting if i had sufficient breastmilk for my baby. she was kind of repeating that to my hubby, confinement nanny etc hoping that someone can convince me to stop my insistence on total breastfeeding.

i just had to be very firm and tell her what i want for my kids and step away. becos i know if i dont step away, i dont know what nasty arguments we will get into.
happy.gif

But my baby is look after by my MIL, hence she can't comment much.. Haha.. Just that sometimes I find her way of handling the babies stuffs not to my liking.. But can't comment much, scare she not happy later dun wan look after baby.. Cause my mum live further and I can't afford to be a SAHM.

Sometimes i will feel sad that I can't accompany baby full time..Will miss seeing his "first" moments.. Do working mummies here feel the same??

During my confinement days is under my MIL, onli my mum got complain that my MIL is not cooking enough "bu" for me..

Then as for breast feeding initial days, MIL also got comment my supply not enough. Hubby also.. Then I was so pressured under those circumstances that I was crying and so stressed up. N had to buy formula for baby to drink in the middle of the night.. But luckily after baby was ard 2-3weeks old, supply kick in.. N now supply is more than what baby can consume and she nv comment abt my breastmilk anymore.. Lolz..

Back