(2013/01) Jan 2013

Thanks pinkle n bdmummy.

@bdmummy: yr boy jaundice u fully BM? Lst polyclinic review I think ok fully BM until 2nd review jaundice shoot up so I mix FM. While FM I express out so supply won't drop. I tot of btl him BM to monitor too but afraid he will reject latch on when he keep on btl feed. N also heat up BM from fridge tk time n BB can't wait. If latch him then maybe btl feed waste by the time it heat up.

Btw I put my BM on freeze, if to heat up for BB I Need to put the BM on normal temp fridge 1 day adv? So next day can consume?

@maddog: same pro in BB latching for short time n slp? As mummy advice to me, wake BB up to cont latch. If not express milk out to btl feed.

I agree with @jos. Pumping can actually increases supply cos we will pump like every 3-4hrs. Ever since I start latching I feel supply became lesser cos BB drink not much. N when I want express out BB wan drink. But also my express milk takes like 45mins to express most 100ml for both side. Doesn't seems to increase. Does anyone got this pro? How to increase supply? I drink like 5-6 glasses of red dates eat confinement but not everyday got soup. Supply doesn't help.

Anyone BB having flu?? My BB at 2weeks old having flu. I gave him the nose drop. The only way nose drop?

Sweetdream,
Ya my boy on total BM. Managed to bring his jaundice down coz I bottle feed him BM (he drinks much more thru bottle feeding) instead of latching him. On discharge jaundice level was 100, which is normal. But next day went polyclinic to check it shot up to 220! Then I started to pump to bottle feed and 3 days later came down to 180, next 5 days later came down to 140 and then next 7 days later was 28 - finally no need to go back to check anymore! So heartpain to see them being pricked!

BM can keep at room temp for 4 hrs, so I will express at least half hour to an hour before his feeding time and when he cries, just feed from bottle directly - no need to heat up. Even if need to heat up what I kept chilled in fridge, I also do it at least half hour before. My boy basically drinks room temp BM. Convenient too esp when go out. No need to use warm water to heat up to serve him warm BM (haha scared he gets used to it so I take lazy way out). Last time #1, KKH lc even says can give bb slightly chilled BM wor.

If freeze, you can choose to thaw in fridge - should take less than a day. Or just stand the frozen pack in warm water/tap water to help the thawing process then put into fridge until ready to use.

Joey,
Hmm, avoid daily products will be hard for us to get our dosage of calcium wor... I find it hard to maintain calcium intake now, was much more diligent and disciplined pre-delivery when I was following GD diet! haha I gotta buck up...

Sweetdream,
To increase milk supply, can take fenugreek and domperidone tablets. Also to take more fish, fish and papaya soup, and also more vege. I also make it a point to drink a full cup of water/red dates drink either before or after each pump. In fact notice that I go to toilet much less w the bf, coz the water we consume do go into making bm which is 90% water!

Bliss,
Try pumping every 3 hrs to regulate the supply? I latch mos of the time but pump in the night to build up ss as well as stock in the freezer.

I express out to bottle feed too cos my baby simply has no patience to suckle when she is hungry.... She is drinking 60ml at 11 days old...and my supply each time is 45-70ml combined over 30min pumping... I try to pump every 3 hourly if not I will feel very full.

To bond with baby I will still offer her the breast during her bottle feeding. Basically calm her down and satisfy her hunger a it first so that she won't reject my breast.. So when she tries to suckle (though very shallow) I can increase my supply... So far I have 10ml more each day and hope it will stay this way so that I can reduce the number of FM feeds and go for full BM.

I've more or less decided that bottle feeding is better for her temperament and can maintain my sanity! She gulps down the bottle and knock out in 5 mins, as compared to an hour of wailing when i try to latch add she doesn't seem to drink much, so she wails more..

And yes, drinking lots of water helps! I drink 1.5litres of red date, 2 large bowls of soup, 1 bowl of red bean soup, and 1 cup of organic milkmaid tea a day.. My supply is best when I drink a warm cup of liquid before pumping.

I also realised It's not worth waiting 1 more hour (ie 4 hour interval instead of 3 hour interval) before pumping is at most I get 10ml more... Better to have more sessions and empty it often so that the body will produce more...

Jos,

My girl takes 60ml every 3hrs in week 1, 70-80ml every 2-3hrs in week 2, 90-100ml in week 3, now she is in week 4, she takes 100-110ml every 2-3hrs.

Sometimes she will cry for milk within 1.5hr, I will change her diaper, carry and coax her to sleep again, normally can drag 20-30mins before giving her the next feed.

Bdmummy, I got the calcium lactate supplements from gynae actually, so will take the fish oil and calcium supplements each morning.. But I like to drink fresh milk.. Did not know cannot take dairy products..
sad.gif

Hi Sweetdream, if ur supply is sufficient to feed baby at every feed, don't freeze the BM.. Heard that freezing the BM will lose some of its antioxidants..

RyanLeroy,
Hmm... My CL help me feed ebm exclusively.. Your routine sounds on to me...

JoeyAng,
Hmmm.. No cry? Did you bottle feed before? Try giving again?

L3, congrats!

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Gynae Name</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Natural / C sec</TD><TD>Actual Birthday</TD><TD>Weight (kg)</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD>Area </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Tigress</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>6-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>17-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.630</TD><TD>Joewe</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Shice</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>18-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.720</TD><TD>Michelle</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Cheese84</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>22-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.520</TD><TD>Janelle Lena Cheng</TD><TD>Sembawang </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>joey79</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan CJ</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>27-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>22-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.145</TD><TD>Zhi Wei</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Pocketpig</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>27-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.790</TD><TD>Zannse</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Valerie</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>6-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>28-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.700</TD><TD>Reese</TD><TD>West Coast </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>fazzyrizt</TD><TD>Dr S L Goh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>29-Dec-12</TD><TD>3.450</TD><TD>Eilysha</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Luckymummy11</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>12-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>29-Dec-12</TD><TD>3.450</TD><TD>Charlotte</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Azqtigger</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>9-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>29-Dec-12</TD><TD>3.095</TD><TD>Kayson</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>LDG</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>30-Dec-12</TD><TD>3.105</TD><TD>Delia</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Friends78</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>30-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.885</TD><TD>Arleen</TD><TD>Bong Keng </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Bbjoy</TD><TD>Dr YC Goh</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Secret (Boy)</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>31-Dec-12</TD><TD>2.800</TD><TD>Quinnton</TD><TD>Serangoon North </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Yiping Faith</TD><TD>Dr S L Goh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>31-Dec-12</TD><TD>3.190</TD><TD>Alexa</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>4season</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>19-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>1-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.860</TD><TD>Gracia</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Julie_lin</TD><TD>Dr CS Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>4-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural (Induce)</TD><TD>1-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.444</TD><TD>Joelle</TD><TD>Balestier </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Ryan_Leroy</TD><TD>Dr Roland Chieng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>13-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>1-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.460</TD><TD>Leroy</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>SurpriseBaby</TD><TD>Dr Clifford Chan</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.525</TD><TD>Shernice</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>jojo90</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>17-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural (Induce)</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.220</TD><TD>Joie</TD><TD>Whampoa </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Wasabe</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.355</TD><TD>Kyden</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>xiaofeizhu83</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.915</TD><TD>Chervelle</TD><TD>Sembawang </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>piano912</TD><TD>Dr Choo Wan Ling</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>29-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>2-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.880</TD><TD>Dawn</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Aspialle</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural (Induce)</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.430</TD><TD>Edward Tan Zhen Jie</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Siewz</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural (Induce)</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.300</TD><TD>Thong Ying Kai</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Vivian (flablee)</TD><TD>Prof Tan Hak Khoon</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.485</TD><TD>Joel</TD><TD>Geylang </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Courgeous81</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.875</TD><TD>Glenda</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Syyy</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>16-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.085</TD><TD>Elliot</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>piyoz</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>19-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.310</TD><TD>Marcel</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>iluvcookie</TD><TD>Dr KF Poon</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.655</TD><TD>Joel</TD><TD>NIL </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>p1nk1e</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>29-Dec-12</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>3-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.410</TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD>Pasir Ris </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Baby99lon</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>4-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.380</TD><TD>Dylan</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Wenyl</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>19-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.350</TD><TD>Darius</TD><TD>Hougang </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Chinlee</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>4-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.940</TD><TD>Dayna</TD><TD>Thomson </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>kimmies</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan CJ</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>4-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.315</TD><TD>Emma</TD><TD>Katong </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>yrteresa</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.280</TD><TD>Colette</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Snowymum</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>9-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.080</TD><TD>Melinda</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Bdmummy</TD><TD>Dr Khoo Chong Kiat</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>12-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.900</TD><TD>Edan</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>princess_susan</TD><TD>Dr Steven Chew</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.500</TD><TD>Megan</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>sjwek</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>13-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>6-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.630</TD><TD>Chrystelle</TD><TD>Tiong Bahru </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>tzen1001</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2 , 3</TD><TD>Girls</TD><TD>10-Feb-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>6-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.400, 2.500</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>snow_tea</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>7-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.070</TD><TD>Joy</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>riorio</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>13-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>7-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.370</TD><TD>Isaac</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Ctrus</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>17-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural (Induce)</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.910</TD><TD>Julien</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Canopyhaze</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.700</TD><TD>Dmitri</TD><TD>Bukit Timah </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>bbjj80</TD><TD>Dr Beh</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.370</TD><TD>Jordan</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>lil_petite_corner</TD><TD>Dr A L Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>18-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.125</TD><TD>Andre</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>jumbobo</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>8-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.850</TD><TD>Jeriel</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>justone7378</TD><TD>Dr Quek Swee Chong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>9-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.770</TD><TD>Dazel</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Bliss ling</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>18-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>9-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.020</TD><TD>Kyler</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>piggy_mum</TD><TD>Dr Devendra</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>9-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.370</TD><TD>Ryan</TD><TD>Tiong Bahru </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Piscean33</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.400</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Hammiebao</TD><TD>Dr SH Kee</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>30-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.650</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>shirleyjasmine</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>12-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural (Induce)</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>4.224</TD><TD>Bryan</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>pinkitsim2003</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7-Feb-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.710</TD><TD>Sheena</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>jennydino</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>28-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.485</TD><TD>Tyra</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Rugirly</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>10-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.350</TD><TD>Kaylee</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>junior_jj</TD><TD>Dr Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>23-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>11-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.930</TD><TD>Adele</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Dawnljh</TD><TD>Dr: Yeoh Swee Choo</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>5-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural (Induce)</TD><TD>11-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.570</TD><TD>Raphael</TD><TD>Kembangan </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>lai_lai</TD><TD>Dr Cordelia Han</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>23-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>11-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.060</TD><TD>Genevieve</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>Celine_040</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>23-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural (Induce)</TD><TD>12-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.975</TD><TD>Gareth</TD><TD>Ang Mo Kio </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>jlau</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>12-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>12-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.990</TD><TD>Elise</TD><TD>Bedok </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Chipsnchops</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>17-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>13-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.955</TD><TD>Ee-Shiun</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>angeliqueous</TD><TD>Dr Sheila Loh</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>18-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.005</TD><TD>Laraine</TD><TD>Bartley </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>Yumeumi</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>20-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.520</TD><TD>Merrick</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Elp_mum</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>16-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>16-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.014</TD><TD>Ashley</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>moonchip</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>31-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>16-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.800</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>66</TD><TD>Freesia</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>28-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>19-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.165</TD><TD>Kerrie</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>67</TD><TD>maddog</TD><TD>Dr KC Ching</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>15-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>19-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.170</TD><TD>Heng Lee</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>68</TD><TD>baby_toh</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>26-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>20-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.130</TD><TD>Tyler</TD><TD>Serangoon </TD></TR><TR><TD>69</TD><TD>mommy_g</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.550</TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang </TD></TR><TR><TD>70</TD><TD>clewlezz</TD><TD>Dr Jasmine Mohd</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.795</TD><TD>Elly</TD><TD>Bukit Batok </TD></TR><TR><TD>71</TD><TD>mummydt</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>31-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.960</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>72</TD><TD>Nimkulut</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>31-Jan-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>22-Jan-13</TD><TD>2.700</TD><TD>Aeryn</TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>73</TD><TD>Averie</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>24-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>24-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.150</TD><TD>Kiara Jolie</TD><TD>Serangoon </TD></TR><TR><TD>74</TD><TD>L3x</TD><TD>Dr Andelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>29-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD>28-Jan-13</TD><TD>3.350</TD><TD>Lucas</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>75</TD><TD>ah_min</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yi</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>19-Feb-13</TD><TD>C Sec</TD><TD>31-Jan-13</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>76</TD><TD>verre</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>13-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Heather</TD><TD>Hougang </TD></TR><TR><TD>77</TD><TD>sleepawhile</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>78</TD><TD>Josky</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>20-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Nicole</TD><TD>Woodlands / Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>79</TD><TD>purple_rain</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>21-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>80</TD><TD>Annteo</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>22-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Jaedon</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>81</TD><TD>shrekkybin</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>23-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Redhill </TD></TR><TR><TD>82</TD><TD>moshimaro22</TD><TD>Prof Tan Hak Khoon</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>24-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Alethea</TD><TD>Upper Bukit Timah </TD></TR><TR><TD>83</TD><TD>Mummyshar</TD><TD>DR Irene Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>29-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Geneive</TD><TD>Siglap </TD></TR><TR><TD>84</TD><TD>sunshine_81</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Secret</TD><TD>31-Jan-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Sengkang </TD></TR><TR><TD>85</TD><TD>babyv</TD><TD>Dr CK Tho</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>2-Feb-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Kyler James</TD><TD>Jurong East </TD></TR><TR><TD>86</TD><TD>Chrisloo</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>3-Feb-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Cayla</TD><TD>Balestier </TD></TR><TR><TD>87</TD><TD>Nickole</TD><TD>Dr SH Kee</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7-Feb-13</TD><TD>Natural</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>Updated : 28 Jan 2013</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hi mummies,

the massage lady advice me to stop expressing BM as my nipples are not healing and she is scare that it will get worse and may need hospitalization treatment.
Any idea how should i stop now? She mentioned not to pump anymore and to use hot compress when engorge. Also not to use cold cabbage as it not really useful.
Pls advice
happy.gif

P1nk1e
do u think i should increase my son's intake till 120ml too? wonder if he is taking enough. He is almost 1 mth old le, still at 90ml. At times he can drag till 4hr while other time 2+hrs make noise le.

mummies: anyone using Avent steriliser? do you experience this rust-looking patch on the place where u add water?

quite uncomfortable seeing the rust-looking patch. but googled and philips' website said it's normal and advice using white vinegar to remove.

i tried white vinegar and even lemon juice. but no use.

any mummy can advise?

ryan_leroy: my boy coming 1mth old too and according to mrs wong's book, he shld be taking 90-120ml. but he's like your son, sometimes take only 80-90ml and sometimes he can go to 110-120ml.

but he dozes off when drinking, so he takes a long time to finish his milk, i.e. can be up to an hour.. usually in the middle of the night, i won't wake him up to finish unless he fusses when i put him back to sleep..

Hi Ryanleroy: I suggest for u to make an appointment with lactating consultant @ mount a.. I went there this morning and sister kang managed to clear my blocked ducts from my breast in less than 15 mine yielding around 100ml of "blocked milk"

I must say I it is very painful but try to pop 2 panadol before your appointment with LC.... I am okay with jamu lady but sometimes they are over zealous in clearing the ducts and that might cause permanent damage to the milk ducts...

Jiayou...

Ryan_Leroy,
My friend used cabbage to treat her engorment and it really decrease her supply till she give up breast feeding as the supply was too pathetic.
Just went for baby r/v again jaundice went up despite of using the biliru bed for 3 days and sun bathing for 3 days. From 13.8 - 15.8. Dr ask to r/v again in 1 week time and will do the blood test to check his liver. Why my baby level is 15.8 while other mummies' babies are by hundred ?
Is it to take away the decimal point? So my baby is 158? So any mummies' babies above this level and ur dr said is ok ?
But my son really look yellow. Just told my MIL not to put ginger and alcohol for this week to see how. The dr said alcohol and breastmilk can cause jaundice.

Bdmummy, you are right. When I drink fish and papaya soup, I feel so thirsty the whole day and end up drinking a lot of the red date and longan drink. Another sign is, if I get a headache, it means I’m dehydrated and I’m not drinking enough liquids.

My confinement nanny is going back soon… sigh… I don’t know if I will have time to make soups. Was thinking of asking her to cook one HUGE pot of fish and papaya soup and I will deep freeze them into smaller containers. Hee.

Any mummies experiencing baby fussing during BFing? My baby will fuss, arch her head backwards, and sometimes cry out loud. It started only one day ago.. Sigh.. it has made BFing quite stressful because I have to unlatch her many times before she bites off my nipples and also to comfort her. The CL says, it is possible that the pacifier I give her (yes, I give my 3 week old a pacifier) is causing her nipple confusion. When she suckles at my breast, she thinks it’s the pacifier so she sucks really hard and the milk flow is too fast. Initially when she was born, I had that problem too, but by week 2, she seems to have settled down. Now, it seems like it’s back to the same problem. Sigh.

Nimkulut
My prob is not engorgement..my nipples r crack for a mth le n still haven heal..n bleeding at times hence she suggest to stop else the wounds/ crack r not healing at all

P1nk1e, I read that you use pacifier too. Do you latch on directly, and if so, do you experience baby fussing alot during feeding?

Luckymom, do you recomend Body Silk for flat chested gals like me? :p The original was great for me, fits just nice. The Allure is abit too big
sad.gif
Not sure about Body Silk and don't want to make another expensive mistake again!

Ryan_Leroy, what brand of nipple cream are you using? I used to think they are all the same, but after comparing Pigeon and Avent, I think Avent is more effective.

Siewz- I use Avent steriliser too. And yes it stains! Last night I spotted a pop corn smell when I was taking out pump parts, and after investigating it, it's cos CL didn't put enough water/refill when it dried out. So the stain is caused by the burning of the metal? Hubby rubbed it with his fingers and the stain was removed leh...

Celine,
Not sure how to convert the jaundice levels also. Mine was measured in 2 digits like yours. Admitted when 16+, only discharged at 10. Dr might want to send for the liver test cos the levels are rising despite phototherapy? Anyway I heard my CL say some dr very kiasu will send even if its not too high, others encourage you to feed more bm to flush the system. I also avoided ginger and alcohol the first 2 weeks.
Is your bb gaining weight?
Weight gain was the other criterion used by my PD to gauge if bb is recovering from jaundice (since it might take a while to totally go off in bm-fed babies).

Ryan leroy,
Apply multiple layers (like at least 6 layers) of ebm on the cracked parts. Sr kang's recommendation for sore nipples. One thin layer, air dry, another layer etc. just do many many times a day until you see it getting better. But not sure if your case needs medical intervention already if its bleeding so badly.

2kidsmom,
Can! I was a A/B when I first bought bodysilk in size S. it starts out looking quite snug but its very stretchy. I rem it being quite tight when new. It really does change to fit your figure. The original cannot really pull much right...bodysilk band is a lot more comfortable.
Aside from the breast pad which comes with the bra, I also use either washable pads or disposable pads inside. That might help if the cup is a bit big for u?

Just nice I was thinking of exploring other bravado bras! Allure comes in B/C size so didnt dare to buy, in case it's just like the bliss.
sad.gif
you find the cups too big? I better not try then...

Anyone wants to share the bravado purchase with me? Allemom has buy 3 at 8% promo. But gotta stay near either woodlands or tampines then we arrange to meetup? :p if don't have then I might do a crazy thing and buy 3 bras at one go!

Mommyg
When I give birth no1 I diarrhea becos I can't take certain Chinese herbs they put in tea, e.g dang GUI maybe u try see what u r allergy against

MummyG, I also have diarrhoea and vomitting once.. But, during that period, my MIL has gastric flu.. So not sure if I kena virus from her.. I only know that my gastric is very uncomfortable prior to this and I felt better after throwing everything out.. I rubbed ruyi oil on the gastric to ease the discomfort and everything just came out. Gas etc..

2kidsmommy,
Mine fusses sometimes while latching or btl feeding. CL says she needs a burp when that happens. Sometimes that works. Or she cld be sleepy n yet just wants a suckle for comfort. So yes I also gave pacifier already. No need to feel guilty. We need our sanity too. :p

I'm also considering asking CL to make soup n freeze! She already did that for one meal this coming weekend. But u will store using...? My Tupperware stash is limited. Plastic bags will not burst?

Mommy_G,
I had diarhoea after massage as well. But i get it even after normal massages. Think it's the wind being expelled.

Avent steriliser,
I heard the new rectangle shaped ones are prone to rusting. True? I use the old round one and its fine despite me sometimes forgetting to put water.

Siews, Elp_mum,
I realise that each tine after using sterilzer, need to pour away remaining water, otherwise the reboiling of remaining water very time will cause metal plate to scale ie rusty layer.

LM,
Aiyah, I just ordered 1 body silk from allemom earlier this afternoon wor... wanna make sure i really like it b4 considering of should buy more
happy.gif

Actually the milk bags can store soup n freeze too
happy.gif

Otherwise make the soups really concentrated so less volume to freeze. Can freeze using ice cube trays w lids n then transfer to freezer safe containers thereafter.

I think not just avent steriliser that will rust.. I use pigeon steriliser. It rusts at the metal part too.. I use the baby liquid dishwasher and the bottle brush to scrub.. It will come off.. Will pour away the remaining bottle b4 refilling the required water to start the sterilising process..

Thanks mommies for the advice. I suspect it is the massage that cause it. I have diarrhoea on thur, fri and today (Mon)
sad.gif
it just so happened I did not have any massage on Sunday.

RyanLeroy,
Bb will cry/wail if they're not having enough so I dun think u need to increase for now, if not waste milk..
Nipple crack use bm or nipple cream. I tried medela but dun think it really helped much..

Minmin, wishing you a smooth delivery!
happy.gif

2kidsmommy,
Yes, pacifier since day 1 she's back home..
I latch on sometimes, mostly CL bottle feed ebm.
She'll fuss as she's used to bottle. But my experience from #1, they'll get used to latching on when you latch on exclusively and minimize bottle feeding...

LM,
Me me!
I was asking if anyone wanna share for the promo. Wanna try 1 first, if not sekali no good waste $$. I stay Pasir Ris, but still in confinement le.. and desperately need new bras cos i keep leaking and not in time to launder/dry
sad.gif
U wanna tag on my order?

elp_mum, bdmummy and joey: thanks for the tips and sharing. will try to remove it.. coz really uncomfortable with the rust and using it to sterilise.

p1nk1e
i will see how it goes..hopefully he can sleep thru soon
happy.gif

as for crack nipple.. i tried both and it doesnt help at all. guess i will give up now before i go crazy over the pain and the supply, though i very much would like to cont for as long as possible.

since i am stopping breast feeding, anyone wana buy over the following?

pigeon breast pads
glass bottles with cap
lansinoh milk bags

P1nk1e, I am experiencing slight pain during letdown while expressing.. But the pain is still tolerable and temporary..

@Bdmummy: thanks for yr advice. My boy same situation as urs. Jaundice for lst review 195 next 5 day 215. I scare till I give him FM as I don wan next review shoot up higher n end up need go back hospital for phototherpy. So last review lucky it drop to 150. But I need to go anther review at 4 Feb. I hope It drop till below 50 and no more back review.

Chilled BM? Beta not.. ha..

Yes after Wat u say lesser toilet visit, now then I realised too. Haha make sense! I was thinking I drink a lot of red dates and soup but seldom go toilet. Haha.

I will put my BM from freeze to fridge before I slp so next morning I can heat up n btl feed BB. So u gg to btl feed bb all the way?

@joey ang: yes I heard it too. I will start to give my boy finish all the express BM I store in freeze. But when gg to work we also need to store BM in freeze. So it's hard to avoid too. Hmm...

@pinkle: I also experience same thing but still tolerable. I think for me expressing milk beta than latch on if pain cont.Cos expressing always make the nipple area wet by the BM so heal faster. It works for me. Nipple cream no use.

Sweetdream,
May latch now and then, but if baby keeps dozing off when latching, may just continue to pump exclusively, altho indeed that is more inconvenient.... Hopefully as bb gets older, sleeps less, will not keep dozing off so can latch efficiently!

Sweetdream
for me both nipple cream and BM are not working. tat's y my crack nipples r not healing. no choice, gotta give up le

RyanLeroy,
Maybe exclusive expressing instead of latching on helps..
Otherwise, my fren uses nipple shields and its not so painful.

Re: letdown
I get the feeling/pain quite often, even when I'm not latching/expressing le..

Back