(2013/01) Jan 2013

aspialle,
me booked for my hair cut/color next week - 4 days after my bb full month :p
I did the same for my #1 too, salon said doesn't affect bf
happy.gif

Ladies,
I attempted to create a Secret Group in facebook. Anyone interested to join and we move our conversations there?
Personally I like the privacy of a secret group and we can chat on topics accordingly; easier to track/follow our interest/topics too
happy.gif

To get added, you'll need to gimme your fb email (and remember to ensure your privacy settings are set to public for me to search for you).

Mummies, i need urgent help! Anyone knows of a freelance lactation consultant? And charges? I have a Bleb on my left breast and I really need to clear the blocked duct on the aerola before it turns infectious. Any replies is greatly appreciated. Thank u!

Hi Ryan_Leroy, there might be some leaks occasionally.. But very little.. No worries.. It won't cause engorgement.. But, I cut down on fish intake till it stopped totally..

Joey & SaraGrace, thanks... that must be it then.
sad.gif
SaraGrace, yes, I find that I have to spend more time burping baby and calming her down. The only feed where she doesn't fuss is the night feeds when she is super sleepy and doesn't suck so hard, so the milk flow is quite slow. The problem for me is my milk flow is very fast, so she also chokes and gags. So poor thing. I guess I need to give her less of the pacifier to correct this problem. Haiz.

p1nk1e, please add me: [email protected]. Thanks!

P1nk1e,
I bought fm a FB online store- bubblytots Mise, value pack 168 pcs at $28 including postage. Quality like pigeon.

Fazzy,
U can do it urself in the meantime, take warm towel n press & massage. Might need pressure to ensure remove totally.

I know it's really dumb but I feel depressed I'm not able to produce enough BM for baby. Barely able to pump 20ml each time. Anyone else feeling the same?

maddog, i'm also same as u. i don't pump at night so the first pump in the morn yield the most but as the day pass, each pump gets lesser and lesser. initially i can still get abt 50ml during day time 3hrly pump but now each pump i could only get at most 30ml. bb is 5 weeks now and i feel like giving up already

xycartx and maddog, don't feel depressed.. Initially I also don't yield enough BM for my baby.. Until now, my supply is not consistent.. But I realised that if I do not have enough rest or is stressed, my supply will drop drastically, i.e. 60ml.. So, I will catch a wink or nap whenever I can.. Currently, my supply is about 100ml (combined) per pump.. So, jiayou!
happy.gif

P.S. I think a cup of hot milo b4 or during pump helps to increase supply.. It works.. Can give it a try..

Thank you Joey and Sylvia. I called Betty, an LC and she came over to see me. She pricked my bleb and cleared the blockage in my aerola. Wow! That was the best decision I've made. Baby latched after and pain was all gone!

I would like to recommend her to anyone who has similar issues. She's really kind, experienced and so willing to share. She shared so much info with me and although her sevice iso ex, ive no regret today. Her no is 9833 0170

Anyway, p1nk1e, pls add me on fb. My email is [email protected]

Thank you

maddog, have you tried drinking the fish and papaya soup? It works wonders for me. Other things that help me are soya bean milk and milo. Jia You! Don't feel depressed. We all just try our best. If can provide, it's good. If cannot provide, then we look for other alternatives. Most importantly, don't feel depressed over it.

The older generation like my mum, they don't even BF. I asked my mum how come she didn't BF me, she said she gets free formula milk from the pharma companies, so might as well use their formula milk. LOL! I'm not encouraging or discouraging BF or formula milk, I'm just saying, it's more important that we enjoy the process of motherhood and that we care for our child rather than feel stressed out.

I agree with kimmies... My baby is a week old n drinks more than I could produce... The nurses n my mil kept telling me baby is hungry and I feel so inadequate. My boobs are all sore n bleeding from the hourly latching. In the end, I cannot take it n supplement with FM. Now, I feel better and my milk supply actually increased! So, don't feel bad. Just try your best! We need to keep our sanity!

Aspialle, I fed baby with FM at night.. Rotate with hubby to feed baby at night.. Sometimes too tired and hubby will feed baby all by himself.. I just woke up to express 1 feed.. :p I realised w/o enough sleep, my supply also decreases.. So, I will try to catch whatever sleep I can when baby is sleeping.. Though very hard cos my #1 and #2 want my attention too..

Hi everyone! I have been MIA for very long...hope some o u still rem me hehe *blush*.

My edd was 5Jan but baby decided to come out early in 2012 sigh.so am I still welcome here? Hehe... I m doing my confinement now...hi everyone!

Jiayou to mommies who hasn't given birth.
Jiayou to those on TBF.and jia you to those enduring confinement!

Anyone Hypnobirthing buddies here?

Any meet ups?

Hi p1nK1e, sorry can you add me again please; i accidentally deleted the friend request!! [email protected]. Thanks again
happy.gif

xycartx and maddog, I totally understand! My baby is drinking 1 litre a day (10x 100ml) and I am barely keeping up. My friend recommended Motherlove'a Moremilk Plus and I have been taking for 6 days. Managed to almost triple my pump yield. Maybe you can try also?

Hi all,
Haven been updating these days .
Baby seems to have a lot of gas n cannot sleep through without feeling uncomfortable. Got to keep carrying him! He will wail like fire engine when I try to put him down to sleep in his cot.
My arm n back aching.
Anyone with the same problem?

Mil said baby got so much wind perhaps becos of drinking BM. Asked me what i ate. is there such a link between BM n wind in baby ??
Hope I am not the one passing the wind to my baby.
sad.gif

Daisybuttons
I used the hypnobirthing cd music and breathing technique during my delivery, and it was great help. I end up hardly using the gas because the breathing is disruptive. Did you have a doula? Wanted but so expensive!

You are done with your confinement?

Serene
The pd did mention to me not to take onions while breastfeeding.
As for wind, my massage lady taught me to rub bb's tummy in antinclockwise direction, his lower back in a downwards direction and massage his calves. It helps for my bb and he farts really alot after tat. She gave me an oilment name Telon oil. Its not as hot as ruyi oil

Thanks all. Have tried green papaya but not much effect. Maybe just takes more time. Strange that nothing much comes out when I pump but my shirt is always wet from opp breast when baby latches on.

Joey,
you may be right about the sleep thing. As a first time mum, I find myself too jumpy and anxious to sleep well at night. Hubby too. Zzz super eye bags now.

Joey
My hubby needs to work next day so I let him sleep. Morn has to sit down with no1 to go thru P1 home work, so not much time to rest too

Vivian, works now; sent fren request
happy.gif

Sunny, no add fren button so sent you an fb msg...

SaraGrace, resent fren request
happy.gif

Aspialle, my hubby needs to work the next day too.. But, in order to let me rest, he'll wake up at night to make milk and feed baby thereafter.. He'll run thru #1 and #2's hm work when he's hm from work.. He said lunchtime is for him to catch up his sleep.. If he's too tired, I will take over..

Hihi m back..been sometime since i login....

Gave birth via c sect on 15 Jan..paeds say bb is slightly premature. Her weight was 2.7. Name: Jan Gabrielle.

My milk supply have not been good too and i have been taking fenugreek and i smell fenugreek too
sad.gif

been latching at night but baby keep falling asleep after feeding on one side and when i pump out the other side its a miserable 30ml.

My milk has been varying each pump combined ranges from 50ml-70ml depends on how long i dragged the pumping to...haiz..super depressed.

Just sent my dumbo maid back n my poor mum has been looking after my no.1&2 n her body cant take it anymore. Stressed to look for another maid and seems to be having post natal blues as i keep crying over little issues. Feel so helpless...no milk...no helper...cant help my mum much...no $...everything seems to be not gg smoothly...i feel so very upset. As i write this the crying episode starts again..haiz.

Wonder if there is something wrong with me...

Back