(2013/01) Jan 2013

Ladies; what a day! Waited for the lift to be ready till 6.30 but in vain! Then was told that the cargo lift is working, waited for another 20mins but the cargo lift is always full by the time it reached my level. Finally managed to get into one but it opened it's at every level. And it stopped completely after a free fall when reached level 12! Stuck in the lift with 15 people with no lights no aircon. It was so stuffy and smelly with everyone sweating. The lift finally opened and everyone came out to walk the stairs down from level 12. The stairs were very steep and long, each level is equal to 2 floors of hdb flats. I gotta remove my shoe to walk barefoot as I was very scared of stairs. Walked for 3 levels equivalent to 6 floors before the power came back and went to take the passenger lift down from level 9. It was 7plus when I reached my office lobby!

Hello all.. Haven't been chatting as my ger fell sick again and now I'm down with her virus too.. Flu and cough since fri. How I wish I can just shoo shoo the virus away hehe. Tomorrow probably need to see doc liao

I'm also super slack.. Haven't wash clothes or pack hospital bag yet.. Need to get my butt cracking

On cutting toenails.. I have to lie down on bed lift my feet up to rest on the other leg then can trim.. lol

Wow.. so many posts over the weekend and today..
Snowger, Julie, haha.. It's definitely not me spamming the thread!! Lol! I saw 'Nicole' I thot talking abt me, then I realized spelling different! Lol! Not me ok! Haha..

Julie, looks like ur diarrhea is quite bad.. A few frens said they just recovered from stomach flu and mentioned that it is airborne.. One of them unfortunately passed the virus to her baby and her son now still recovering from it.. So pls see a doc soon..

Sunny, I 'sprained' my back while trying to carrying my #1 sometime back, thot recovered liso. but now its back. to make it worse, i hurt tailbone while coughing two weeks ago. Till now still pain. I used the plaster that KKH prescribed for my back, but its not helping, whatsmore so ex..
sad.gif

I m used to sleeping on my back. I can't seems to stay sideways for a long time cos I will find myself facing up again after a short while.. Putting a pillow on my right behind me for support to lie on my left, oso cannot work for me as the right of my back hurts badly. Haiz!

Good morning!

Canopy, must be tiring to stand in stopped lift I guess? I too experienced lift power failure last wk at my block, but lucky I was not in the lift. All 3 lifts no power... Have to walk 17 floors down via stairs with my girls.

Julie, not to scare u, but this was my family's experience. Few yrs ago, my parents' home was infested with bed bugs (fr a mattress they brought home from their rented flat). My parents had put the mattress outside their home to wait for HDB to remove, however within a few hours, the mattress is gone... I can't imagine whoever brought home the mattress, the house being infested too...

Morning all!! Guess wat? LS 3 times since last night!! Oh no.. Rem some1 here said drink green bean soup.. Eating 1 now.. Shiok shiok coz i love green bean soup!! Bt no appetite still.. So bought bread in case hungry.. Mayb it'd help in keeping my weight down? Hehe!!

Sylvia: doubt its due to supplements leh. Coz the onli pills i take is the multivits and fish oil fm gynae. MIL never ever cook bu stuff for me. The most earlier in pregnancy my mum will make birds nest for me. Bt recently no more.. Mayb she oso busy.. Recently she juz came back fm isreal, scary place.. Lucky she came back in 1 piece. Haha!! And i tink no need give advice to pawzz liao la, tink she oso scared to come in post already. Haha!! Go attack other threads..

Irene: take ur time slowly.. Since u still gt 2mths.. I onli gt 1mth left. Haha!! Bt quite alot of things to prepare since u 1st time. Like a caregiver when u doin confinement? Elders or CL? Clothes for bb? Bed for bb? Bt can slowly.. 1 thing at a time.. U can use this 1 mth to prepare stuff and use the following mth to rest well.

Canopy: tat's scary!! How long was the free fall?!! Complain!! Than all off day today, say ur bb gt a shock.. Hehe!!

Nickole: ya, we deduced it's nt u.. Haha!! Anywaz, i oso guessing is stomah flu. Tink gt it fm my ger, coz she started diarrhoea 1st. Bt finally yest her poop abit hard liao. Bt mine still very watery and no appetite.. Mayb i shd eat her meds? Haha!! Btw, how do u hurt ur tailbone juz by coughing? Means ur coughing very bad wor!! Every1 getting sick.. Tink it's the weather... N oso our immunity lower than usual..

Piscean: mayb the mattress was taken by HDB? Doubt my in laws will take mattress la.. Unless we move out liao than alot of place in our rm? Haha!! *cross fingers*

Thanks, Julie. Much better today after a long sleep last night. I think we all tire out very easily these days.

Canapyhaze - I hope you are ok. I think you are quite fit..to be able to make it down 3 flights of stairs. Have a good rest though.

Coconut - I have taken the occasional one last few weeks. Will prob resume next week. Feeling very warm these few days. Not sure if it is just me or the weather.

Let's all hang in here, and encourage each other. Almost Dec - really the last few weeks.

Weight of baby last week was 2.5kg, at 34 weeks. I have officially put on 10kg.

Sylvia/Julie/Wasabe/piscean/chin : the free fall was less than 1 min i think from 21floor to 12floor. It was so stuffy in the small cargo lift with sweating people around. I am most unfit person la, all people walked past me on the way down the stairs. But i think it was a gd exercise.
happy.gif
Hopefully this won't happen again anytime sooner. Going on annual leave in less than 1mth's time starting 22Dec; then follows by ML till 02May13.

Chin : Good weight for your bb, i think my bb will roughly abt this weight. Going for my checkup on 03Dec.

Chin: i couldnt have a long slp.. Woke to LS.. N tink my ger had nightmare yest.. Suddenly shouted in middle of the night saying 'i dont want i don want!!' Scared me.. Wah chin u nt bad leh.. Onli put on 10kg. My bb at 33wks onli 2.3kg and had put on 13kg.. For my #1 total was 12kg.. At 33wks already overshot tat.. Hopefully at the end of it don overshot 15kg..

Coconut: doubt i'll start soon coz i oso don reli like coconut. Mayb last 2wks than drink.

Julie - I am big frame... also can not afford to put on so much. Usually as we have more babies, I notice that we also put on less weight than previous pregnancies - usually cos we have not shed all from earlier pregnancies (haha - I am talking about myself), and of cos because our bodies are more efficient.

I think dun worry too much about the weight gain - your gynae did not say anything right?

CanopyHaze - how many weeks on 3Dec for you?

Chin: less?!! No leh, bb haven com out i put in more than the previous 1 liao.. Mayb coz was slimmer n appetite nt as gd as compared to this time. Nope, gynae didnt say anything.. I onli worried after delivery cannot slim down onli. Haha!!

Julie - ya... u see you are slimmer than before. I am not. So I put on less, and you can afford to put on more...
happy.gif
haha Anyways, dun worry. If you are breastfeeding, should be able to lose some. More importantly, now better get some preggy friendly medication for your LS.

Julie

hmm.. u went gynae? Take care!!

LOL!! buai kam wan nt commenting loh. LOL!! So I also wrote 'super long' post for her in plain text :p

Wah!! ur mum experience different life there. LOL!! It's eye opening with risk factor.

OH!!! suddenly rem something
maternity pad.

last time my cousin told me no need to buy, use night wing pad will do, so I followed her recommendation.

Anyway, I found out that the night pad are super long from 28cm up to 41cm , with wings,etc.
NTUC having some promo now on kotex .

41cm, I think can cover the whole of the back?

sylvia, it's longer than a long ruler. U put one long ruler between ur legs plus another 10 cm leh! hahah... I think the whole pack of ur panty covered leh... ;p

snowger

LOL!!
Ya hor, never think of ruler. LOL!!!

I rem #1, I saw 28, I was already wah!!

Nw I saw 41cm, I was like o_O so long??????????
Hahaha!!

<font color="119911">Ofc comp still cant access, have to use hp to read and post...
sad.gif

I oso thk using the super long night pad with wing will be sufficient! If use with the panty from TMC shd further prevent leakage!</font>

Dear ladies

Need help. Helping my friend to sell her extra tickets to Disney Live! Mickey Rockin' Roadshow @MBS. She has bought the tickets long time ago, and her sil has bought for her as well. So she is letting them go.

She has 2 tickets Category 1, Row: B, Seat 2 &amp; 3, on this Sat 01Dec2012, 3.00pm.
Each ticket is @ SGD128.00 each.
I would love to buy from her but its my son's birthday this Saturday.
Heard from her, the tickets for this show have all sold out. Do PM me if you are keen. Thanks.

Canopy,

do u wanna ask ur frd if she is willing to let go cheaper? Then I ask ard for her.
Usually ppl will wanna buy cheaper at this time.

happy.gif

I didn't buy maternity pad because it doesn't have adhesive. Bought kotex heavy flow wing night use pads (28cm or 32cm). We should change the pad regularly for hygiene purpose. I've also bought a waterproof sheet to put on the bed in case I might stain the bed sheet
happy.gif

Sylvia : My friend says she will throw in free delivery of the tickets. Please help. Thanks
happy.gif

If not, lugi the SGD256 leh. She is preggy as well so need $$ too. :p

ctrus : i bought 1 pack of maternity pad from Kiddy palace, it is the adhesive type, white packaging, can't remember the brand. U can find it at any supermarkets as well. I used it during my #1 time. Quite ok. Better than the Kotex maternity pad.

Ctrus, I bought one packet of the Pureen Madame maternity pads. It's the stick on type. Also bought a few packets of the sofy 41cm normal pads which I usually use it on the first few days of menses... Quite slim and ok to me...

Thanks mummies for recommendation. But alr bought 2 new packets of Kotex pads. Will finish using them first else stocking so many quite funny also.

@ Julie, see whether is stopping milk will help in reducing LS..

@ piscean33, great.. How many bottles do I need? U have any receips for food to be cooked using rice wine? Rice wine is the clear one right? Sorry, I very blur.. Any idea abt the red rice wine?

@ friends, thanks for the receips... well, all ur confinement wine is it white wine?

Talking about wine.. can I take Dome instead of rice wine?

I'm so ill-prepared when it comes to confinement things here..I just got to know that can just go to herbal shops and buy pre-packed confiment herbs....

and anyone has suggestions on how to cope with the 'no bathing', 'cannot touch water' rule? I'm not sure if I can survive that! How can one not wash hands, esp if we are changing diapers etc? no need to wash the perineum??

my mum had prepare those ready pack medical herbs for daily bathing use..can get easily from those medical shops and she mentioned that she will also get the rice wine.. this is to use it to wipe the hands after touching water.. to prevent rheumatism in the future..

Bliss, my rice wine is the white milky type...

Elp_mum, I'm thinking of taking Huji waist tonic instead of Dom. I cannot stand the taste of Dom and yomeishu.

by the way, any more interested parties for the Disney Live tickets?

"Helping my friend to sell her extra tickets to Disney Live! Mickey Rockin' Roadshow @MBS. She has bought the tickets long time ago, and her sil has bought for her as well. So she is letting them go.

She has 2 tickets Category 1, Row: B, Seat 2 &amp; 3, on this Sat 01Dec2012, 3.00pm.
Each ticket is @ SGD128.00 each.
I would love to buy from her but its my son's birthday this Saturday.
Heard from her, the tickets for this show have all sold out. Do PM me if you are keen. Thanks."

Bliss,

Eh... rice wine has to be cloudy type to be better.

red one is added dates or red sugar.

elp

wat I know dom is drinking with some dishes can use as cooing dishes. but rice wine is a must for some dishes.

Fm early on dono y com n hp oso cannot access.. Now than can access.. Dono issit they doin maintenance?

Bliss: yup, will stop milk n fruits till get better lor.. Now LS again.. Xianzzz..

I have dom, and i drank it juz like tat fm the bottle leh.. Hate the taste bt mum told me drink than i drink lor..

Elp_mum: i did bath during my #1 confinement coz cannot tahan. Anywaz nurse did say better esp if ur breastfeeding. More hygienic. Bt need to be super fast bath n hot water. My prepared boiling water for me lor.. So i oso never reli bath.. Is super fast kind. And tink she added wine inside oso.. Nt sure wat wine, bt helps to rid wind i tink..

Thanks ladies... really at a lost when it comes to confinement. I shall listen to what others say and see if I can follow.. Just want to make sure I have things ready before the CL comes cos hubby will be at a lost too if I miss out anything and can't go out and buy!
happy.gif

Julie: I 'graduated' from my one week LS already.. haha.. I tried hard not to take milk. This morning cannot tahan, so took 3-in-1 milo.. so far ok! I think it's a stomach virus.. if still not well better see GP.. I saw Gynae yesterday and told her about my churning stomach and LS.. she says she is not concerned as long as it's not contractions, and passed me brochures on labour pain. Aiyoh!

Hi Mummies to Be,

I have 3 pks of Merries Diapers (NB, up to 5kg) for sale.
Bot too many and my 2 mth old has outgrown them.

60 pc per pack, brand new and unopened.
Price: $50 for 3 pks.
Self collection at Tiong Bahru MRT or Havelock Rd.

Pls email [email protected] for fast deal!

P/S sorry to hijack!

I dun like to use pads but no choice, usually I use tampons but natural birth can't use... Have to tahan ...

Think I ate too much just now, went ajisen.... Now feel v v heavy... I hope my bb is not oversize cos I just can't stop eating ....

mummies .. i believe its the gastric flu bug that is in the environment lately.. 2 of my colleagues kena the problems as well. remember to have proper hand-washing and wash ur hands before and after food handling and when u come out of the rest room.

take care and rest well
happy.gif

Elp_mum: graduate.. Wat a word to use.. Haha!! 1wk huh? I still nt 1wk yet so still ok.. So far onli 5days. Hehe!! Eh milo oso cannot ah? I still gt 2 days to reach ur 1wk record. Haha!! Gynae nt concerned? Than she gt give u meds?

Aspialle: wah u use tampons 1 ah? I don dare use tampon.. Like dono where it will go into.. So scary.. Haha!!

Julie: Milo has milk content! I tried to abstain from fresh milk but I feel so hungry in the morning without milk! Mine I think was not as serious as yours lah.. I just experience churning after every meal and poo is yellowish and watery (but once/twice a day only).. hmm like what others say, better than constipation! And no, gynae didn't give any med..

Elp_mum: oppss... Mine can 5-6times a day.. Mine sometimes yellow sometimes brown.. Yellow is watery, brown is watery oso bt thicker.. Better nt tok bout this during dinner time. Haha!! Eh i working early tmr leh.. Everytime work early muz have milo leh.. How?? I don like to drink fresh milk so it's ok to stop.. Gynae no give meds than shd b nt serious la..

I bought maternity pads for my 1st pregnancy, but end up not using them cos I had only a little flow. I'm going to use regular pads this time round.

Going to my Gynae this Fri, I should be able to confirm my C-section date during the visit. Counting down..... I will be on annual leave from 11th Dec onwards, after that I will start on my maternity leave. So I just have to work for another 2 weeks, really looking forward for a nice break b4 I pop.

Siewz, the book title is The Essence of Confinement Cooking (bilingual edition) by Amy Wong.

Bliss, if every dish also add alot, mayb like Friends need so many bottles. I'm taking 5 bottles only, because I've DOM, Wincarins, &amp; Japanese rice wine. Red rice wine suppose to be good because of the red yeast rice (红麴米) added for rice wine fermentation. My confinement lady specifically asked if I have 红酒 (red rice wine), so i guess that's what she usually use to cook confinement dishes. So happen that my mum only makes red rice wine.
Your mum cooking confinement food for u? U can try the book that I mentioned above, I tried some and tasted good to me. There are quite a no. of recipes inside that calls for rice wine too.

elp, rice wine is to be used to cook confinement dishes like chicken, pork, mee suah, etc. For drinking, it's usually DOM.

Piscean33, thanks for checking.
happy.gif

is there a difference between white glutinous rice wine and the red one?
as for Wincarins, you used that for cooking or just to drink?

Back