(2013/01) Jan 2013

Bliss/ LM /Sunny,
Luckily my MIL is fine with girls. In fact she likes girls cos she has none.

It is more of Hubby's cousins that make all these remarks. I was telling Hubby his cousins so concern abt us meh? I bet they are only eager to make scarcastic remarks. I sure if #3 is a ger, they sure say 'see, i told you only fated to have gers' if #3 is a boy, they will sure say ' good lor, finally get a boy'

The thing is our family plan right from marriage is to have 4 kids but down to 3 cos csect (but add on to my little angel in heaven, we already have 4 kids) Not to purposely try for a boy so I'm just gonna enjoy the pregnancy and each of the baby's kick rather than let those insensitive ppl's comments affect me. Daughter or son, I still got to work n support for the next 21 yrs.
happy.gif

Bblove,
We are lucky to have supportive hubby!
It's never easy to give up an income to be SAHM, I used to earn more than hubby so being a SAHM actually impact quite alot for us and we just got our new place last year so spent alot on it also.. I'm glad that my mil very auto, she has a shop rental as income so she don't take any money from us, even we wanna give her she will reject..

Baby gender
During my #1 time, my mil commented "oh our family actually prefers girl" when she know that it was a boy.. I was totally turned off by her comment, this time round she said "oh girl good mah, can close shop" I told my hub, boy or a
Girl I will still close shop, we can't afford #3! Hahaha

<font color="119911">BBlove, wow... MIL monthly allowance from your own savings??
Hubby and I don't have such pool of resources to sustain with just 1 income...
Some more hubby might end up being very stressed especially since the company he worked at seems to be heading down-slope? Too dangerous liao!
Anyway, think main reason is I'm still not noble enough ba... hahaha...

Gender really doesn't matter la...
As long as whole pregnancy is smooth, bb is well and healthy, and grows up to be fillial!
For us that try so hard and not short to conceive, its already a blessing to have this BFP!
happy.gif
</font>

baby kicks
Yes, i feel it very often lately too and quite strong at times. super active. too active, i complain, not active, i also complain... abit difficult to satisfy. ahha!

LM, I think i added u already. wat is ur fb name?

outing
How abt 5 oct friday lunch? After that those interested or available can go expo together to shop for baby items! haha..

Don't have to care wat others say, as long as our baby is healthy and happy. They won't understand how much we love our baby regardless of the gender. I also had 2 m/c before, so i'm already very glad to have a healthy and happy baby. Actually i'm even having fears and doubts whether i can bring this one to full term. Even after delivery, there are so many things to worry abt. In short, just be contented with wat you have! outsiders won't understand how u feel and wat u gg thru. just filter them out. mummies are 伟大的!
happy.gif

5 Oct outing
- Bliss ling
- shice
- canopyhaze (TBC)
- snowger
- friends (TBC)

@shice,

cannot agree with you more. being healthy is the most important!!

lucky, my hubby and i have a pact (and that i love surprises) so we want to keep the baby's gender a surprise till the day he/she arrive
happy.gif

but, just can't tahan my sil and mil to keep bugging us on the gender issues and tell us that they wanted to shower the baby with gifts hence, would need to know the results ... ...

Shice

Outing, pls include me.
happy.gif

Sunnym
surprise can be nice too!
I can't tahan my #1's classmate's mum, every day ask me sex of bb like I v close to her. Anyway, still a few more mths to deliver, no need so early to buy gifts pah?

@sylvia

i tink, buying gifts is just an excuse :p

seriously.. am i too sensitive or... i dun see such issues from my own family... or any of us complain about our own family (rarely)

Shice, count me in for 5oct. thanks. but i wont be meeting for lunch, cos oredi got appt. if going expo, i can meet u all there cos i m planning to go there too
happy.gif

BBlove, me too. my mil dun mind having gals cos she only got 3 sons. so she likes gals alot.
i think it doesnt matter whether having all gals or all boys cos sure got ppl say 'oh, u can try for the other gender next time round'...

5 Oct outing
- Bliss ling
- shice
- canopyhaze (TBC)
- snowger
- friends (TBC)
- Sylvia
- nickole (expo only)

Sunny, just tell them if they really wanna buy gifts (and not kpo abt the sex of the baby) then get neutral colours like yellow, green or white. Otherwise, ignore them. No point letting them affect ur emotions.

Lately dunno if i'm super emo or wat, I just finish watching this jap drama, Zenkai Girl (Full throttle girl). I cried almost every episode. Abit kua zhuang. But it's quite touching.

@shice ...

my hubby tried.. everytime they asked the same thing, and my hubby will reply them with your "model answer" ...

haha .. it was not affecting a lot, just that some stuffs for me to gossip with my hubby after every gathering with them. He was the one whom was sorta "affected" by it.. cos he dun find this issue when he was out with my family. heehee

sighz.. .. u gals are great.. remember to post it and let us know what is the great buys over at EXPO .. then i can know if it's worth a trip for me to go down on sunday takin that im back on sat nite
happy.gif

You mummies won't believe this. My fb is a boy and second a girl. So when I told my mum I'm having another girl, she said, "oh good loh, you like girls mah. Maybe the next one will be a boy." haha I mean, I already have a boy! My mum tried her whole life to have a boy, but I don't know it affected her so much! In fact, Hb's good friend has two sons, and he commented when he knew about #3's gender, " ok my wife will be so jealous". Guess what my mum said? "sons good! If now you have two daughters , you'll be worried!" My Hb's friend looked at her and said,"Auntie, 现在生儿子是陪钱货leh."

My in laws doesn't mind anymore though they commented it'll be nice to have another girl..

Bbjoy
You know I always hoped for two dds! When I realized #1 was a boy, I was a little disappointed, heeee... Of course I wouldn't exchange him for anything in the world. But now I have two dds!!!!!!

When I see my neighbour's dd playing with my dd, my heart melts. In fact, my neighbor commented, " Iya, looking at them play makes me want to have another daughter..."

*gush gush gush;)

Iya ok lah, the world still need boys lah...

Meet ups
I can make it! Any of you must eat halal? Meet in the east or what, since you guys want to go expo?

@fullhouse,

u r funny .. but i agree with you that nowadays, 儿子是陪钱货 ... :p

@shice,

dun get too emo over the drama.. i get very emo at times... too .. have a break .. watch those happy dramas
happy.gif

Shice : Should be ok with 05Oct Outing unless i have a last min client meeting. Will try to cancel my lunch appt, if not, will join you ladies later. So tentatively ok.
happy.gif

Would love to meet up with you gals!

Bliss : Will be signing up the package tomorrow. Please quote me as your buddy. I will quote your name as buddy at my end. Let u know when i sign up.

Re : Gender
True, when people got to know that this baby is gonna be a boy again. They say "no worries, try for a gal next time."

5 Oct outing
- Bliss ling
- shice
- canopyhaze
- snowger
- friends (TBC)
- Sylvia
- nickole (expo only)
- full house

Where do u all suggest to eat? Ideas?

My boy's childcare is celebrating children's day on 5 oct and I'll be popping by to join in some activities ard noon. Don't think I can join the lunch... But I shd be able to meet u gals after lunch at expo, maybe w my boy in tow!

Shice,
My fb nick is D**** Y**. I'm already friends with u on fb. If I've been added where will it show up? Thks ya.

Outing,
I'll be away for my Japan trip during that period. Shucks. Will have to join next time.

Sunny/ Shice,
Yes, mummies are great. Nothing else matter when we get to carry the healthy bundle of joy in our arms a few months later.

Hammiebao,
Yes, it is never easy surviving on 1 single income and takes a lots of courage to do so. But I rather save a bit and get ourself through. Bonding with kids is something that money can never buy. Tt why we planned carefully and set timeline for ourselves that when kids are older, we will send them to cc (My kids church's school only accept 18 months and above) while I go back to work force.

LDG,
Yes, noone believe that allowance to MIL was my own saving from working before #1 was born. This went on for a good 2.5 yrs. I dun want others to think that we are calculative and take advantages of others. All these year, MIL has never taken care of my kids but I'm still giving her allowance and on occassion like 7th lunar month, new yr, additional few hundred to buy thing.
I dun like to be indebt to other and make sure they got nothing to gossip about us.

Fullhouse,
*Nod head* when #3 is older, you will see that #2&amp;#3 are gonna be so close. Ever come across an article from reseach done in American, the most perfect sibling combination is not a boy/gal combination though that is what most parents wish for. It is in fact 2 gers combination. It is stated that gers even though reached an older age, will still be close to parents and that is the family bliss that they called.

Mummies,
Can ask mummies who intend to pump or previously pump exclusively, which milk bag are you using or intend to use?

I thought I saw some review on nanny's milk bag a few month back, but no longer find the thread in Bulk purchase. Any brand to recommend?

wow so many posts I can't keep up who is replying to who!

Do any of you feel there's a funny taste in your mouth, especially after eating something sweet?

Sunny

usually ppl wont complain own family as u grow up with them so with similar frequency?

Ya... think they just wanna kepo.

I hv frds who know #2 is boy, tell me that i can close shop already. or Oh!! u finally got wat I want. Or u aiming boy to close shop...........

I like??????? My ideal is 4, min 2 no matter wat sex, healthy n safely delivery is more important.

Like what Fullhouse's post!! I like!! girls are better as closer to parents, boys when grow up will go out more often with frds or gf.

&amp; I always heard ppl complaining boys are harder as more mischief as gal always neh bo. But to me, aiya.... if house too many boys or gals, ppl will still complain loh. Healthy is still priority lah!! LOL!! As long as the boy dun act like girl, the girl dun act like boy. :p

Oh!! BBlove's post made me laugh coz my frds who have 2 gals all put their hands up when they read the articles! LOL!!

Shice
5 Oct outing.
I ok to meet anywhere, meet East is good idea since gng expo.

If need to reserve for lunch, then plus additional pax for me as #1 tagging along.
happy.gif

bbjoy, I use "Lanisoh" milk bags.
happy.gif
I bought from this mummy who buys it from US to ship in.
happy.gif

OUTING: mmmmm... If not all the mommies wanna go to Expo, shall we just meet in town? cos from town go expo oso quite convinient...
happy.gif
the only high tea/coffee hang out I can think of in town is:

Date: 5 Oct
Time: 2pm?
1) Canale (the one near Isetan)
2) NYDC (the one at Wheellock place)
3) Marmalade Toast (at Taka - http://www.marmaladetoast.com.sg/)
4) Carousel (if we are desperate to eat, pricey thou)

Shice
5 Oct outing I ok to meet at East, I'm planning to go Expo in the morning, cos I will drop my hubby to work at Airport. #1 will be with me since its children's day and no school.

bliss_ling, oh boy... u are so right about pple commenting about the close shop thing. My first is gal and the one in tummy oso. So they will say "nvm, can try for another". i guess for chinese, pple are still male-oriented and mad about wanting a boy at least. admittedly I also wishing for a boy... but then since it's a girl, I also ok. important is healthy... PLUS i get to save $! :p

bbjoy, the comments are insensitive. Hb and I got the 'Fated' thing from my fengshui master. So it sucks. But some things cannot be helped le. So I *sui yuan*...
happy.gif

Good morning mummies!

Maddog,
Dun have any 'funny' taste in the mouth. In fact been craving and eating sweet things.

Dawn/ Snowger,
Thanks for the recommendation on the milk bag. Previously when I was a SAHM, I used playtax but it doesn't come with any self alhasive seal. I have to tie the milk bag with rubber band or use those air-tight clip to clip it and leave it to freeze. Once frozen, remove the air-tight clip for the next bag and when make sure I secure the clip bag when I take it out to thaw. It is quite mah fan.

This time round, since MIL will be taking care of bb plus SILs has never breastfeed all her kids that were looked after by my MIL, I better make sure I dun make it so complicated, later She will come screaming at me.

Any one used nanny's milk bag before? Any review? Seem quite good.

Sylvia/ Snowger,
To me, whether boy or gal, it is still our precious isnt it? Just dun understand their thinking that to a mother who goes through 10 months of pregnancy hardship from morning sickness to gg through all those tests, worried for bb's well being till baby is born. Nightfeed, take leave when kids not well and make sure that fellow is well fed, well clothes, well groom and many more for the next 21 yrs is not gg to be an easy job. Why cant they keep whatever comment to themselves.

Mummies with either boy or gal, lets shall just laugh off with other's remarks and concentrate on our pregnancy. Just tell ppl, so long bb is healthy and chubby, boy or gal also our baobei yah!
happy.gif
If they expect a different gender, go and give birth themself.

mummies, i agree with what u mentioned, being the healthy is def the most impt thing for us...
happy.gif

@BBlove,
i do have a weird kinda "iron" taste in my mouth too .. i gotta eat very extreme stuffs (eg; spicy) in order to have the taste of it. in addition, do u actually feel that u are more clumsy lately and more prone to choking. i can get choke by drinking water or soups ... :S

BBlove, *super like* ur last post!! not matter boy or gal, still our lovely precious and for sure the next 21 years is not going to be easy! Healthy is most important! Let's all jia you
happy.gif

Milkbags, i only used one Boots milkbag before cos not enuff milk to store. haha. mostly using the glass bottles which i got from hospital. Boots milkbags got double seal. quite good. if have frens going to Thailand, can go there buy from Boots. very cheap. else, can lookout from overseas sprees.
i think the other one i saw was from babyone milk bags (can buy from http://smh-thelittleonesinmylife.blogspot.sg/) or u can search in fb too. they will be having a booth at expo too. Kiddy palace selling babyone milk bags too.

I too have the weird 'iron/metalic' taste after i eat recently. It just comes sometimes. Mine is not due to spicy stuff.

@BBlove: I just ordered a box of Nanny to try. It cost $8.50 per box, inclusive of Normal Mailing. =D

bbjoy, the Lanisoh bags (which I still have a box in my cupboard) is double sealed... So it's quite good.
happy.gif
Don't need to mess up with the rubberbands or sealers. The capacity is oso good. and I can leave it lying down for storage in the freezer (like this). In the picture, there are two brands of milk bag (the one on the fridge door is by First Years which does not really stack up that well as compared to Lanisoh ones... If milk is for daily use (pump fresh and drink), I use those glass baby milk bottles (also in picture).
happy.gif

7558227.jpg

Heartburn (?): Just this week I keep getting a burning sensation on my throat... sucks.

Snowger, u really have lotsa of production! Wow..

My gf gave birth last week and is struggling w BF now, pumping only 20-30ml each time. I am worried I be low when my time comes too. ...

Re : Outing
Prefer to be in town rather than in the East as not all mummies will be going to Expo. And Town will more convenient for all mummies. And as what snow has mentioned, there are more places to have high tea in town rather than else where. It depends on the budget.

Few places :-

Antoinette @ Mandarin Gallery
http://www.antoinette.com.sg/

Cafe L’Espresso @ Goodwood Park Hotel

House @ Dempsey
http://www.dempseyhouse.com/

Marmalade Pantry @ ION

The Landing Point @ Fullerton Bay Hotel

The Courtyard @ Fullerton Hotel

Sunny

from a frd shared on producing lots of milk. rest well n relax. dun stress on the amt. &amp; pump as much and often to increase amt. &amp; then eat supplement for increase of BM. Oh!! fish n papaya soup also helps

but for me, my #1 only wanna latch, so I just feed but I dun think i hv alot then.

I heard when u hv #2 onwards, tends to hv more as nt so stress as 1st time more, so more bm

I wish I could join the outing as well.. But is my last 2 weeks at work by then, and I dun want to apply leave as I prefer to en-cash my leave for later use. As for shopping at expo, I guess shopping will be consider a luxury for me now. (>_<”)

@Sylvia,

thanks for the advice!! but..will conc on the fish soup then ..as i do not eat papaya at all ..

i read from somewhere that our BM will taste or smell like the food that we eat... err.. if i drink a lot of fish soup.. does that mean that my milk will have that fishy taste?? (sorry abit of paranoids pranks here)

Sunny
yes
BM will taste like wat u eat. anyway, it's good for bb, unless u wanna drink lah. BB has no preference loh.

Er... u need to cook fish n green papaya for best effect, it's a dish.

Sunny,
No matter u eat fish or not, BM still got fishy taste!! haha
I also drank green papaya fish soup during confinement, but I nv eat the papaya, my friend said can start drinking fish soup when due date is near to get prepared..

Hi mummies,

u all planing to take leave for meet up on 5 oct? How abt anyone going to expo?

Wow, @snowger: Envy u got alot of production. Share your secret receipe? my lst kids i try so hard but fail. ):

hahaha .. tks ladies
happy.gif

well .. for that.. i believe.. i have no choice.. but to start taking papaya ... seriously .. how to cook papaya and fish?? doesn't it taste weird??

Back