(2013/01) Jan 2013

Sterilizing:
I agree with piscean33, I stopped sterilizing early this year, when daughter was around 28months old, and washed her utensils with separate sponge and pigeon detergent. And now, with time, I mostly use her pigeon detergent only to wash her medicine spoons. When I used to travel her on short trips, I always packed the pigeon detergent with me, along with the pigeon sterilizing tablets, so that once I wash her utensils, I'l immerse it in a container of water, where this sterilizing tablet is dissolved. Cos you never know the condition of water outside of S'pore and I wouldn't wanna test my gal's immunity when I am out on a trip.

Hi mummies,

This thread is getting more n more active! Lots to catch up.

Steriliser,
@ Dawn: I also got the Tommi Tipee steriliser starter kit. It is quite well equipped I think. Got some spare bottles from Avent just in case bb fussy abt milk bottle n teats.

Bump size ,
Received much comments from colleagues and people that my bump looks much bigger relatively,people actually thought that I am 7/8 mths already until I said EDD is in Jan! Even my PIL think that maybe I have been eating too much. Hope wun be called to do the GT, heard from my fren that the glucose syrup is really yucky.

Sleeping,
Recently I had been dozing off while just seating on bed. I would just prop myself on pillows and sit n do some reading but the next thing I will find myself snoring away for the next hour or so while still in sitting position! Yesterday I sat n slept thru for 3 hours straight! But somehow I discovered that sleeping in sitting position is more comfy than lying sideways
happy.gif

so many posts today! haha...

Regarding sterilisers, i m using Avent steriliser with NUK standard size bottles. and i m still sterilising my boy's bottles. He is turning 16mths soon. heehee. but only sterlised for once a day with the numbers of bottles he needed for a day. for a peace of mind for me to sterilise. same mentality with some mummies here, as long as they are still using bottles and teats and my steriliser dun die on me, i shall continue to sterilise.
happy.gif

sometimes if not using steriliser, then use hot water to rinse only.
i put bottles, teats, covers, pacifiers, pump parts, pigeon mag mag cup all in the steriliser. only put those that stated can be sterilised in steam steriliser! else will melt. i din try though. haha.

i have frens who stopped sterilising bottles after babies turned 3 mths. so when to stop sterilising is up to individual.

and there's sterilising tablets that can be used to sterilise bottles. there are ppl who uses them, but i felt like got chlorine smell so i dun dare to use.

Bliss_ling, i m thinking of buying NUK wide neck bottles this time round, cos everytime i put milk powder into bottle, sure got some spill out. so wide neck better!! haha.. dunnoe got glass bottles anot for wide neck. cos i dun have to change bottles so frequently if its in glass. the downside is NUK wide neck bottles are much more expensive than other brands :/
i m using NUK becos of the teats.

Celia, it will be better if u use avent bottles with avent teats. but i tried NUK teats can fit Avent bottles, but the transparent cap is too short for the teat. the teat is too tall. same thing for pigeon wide neck bottles ith NUK wide teats. so depending on what brand of teats u prefer, then use same brand of bottles for it.
and becos of this, i m going to SELL off my brand new Avent bottles. if anyone wants to get Avent bottles, kindly let me know. thanks!!

just did my detailed scan yesterday, and confirmed having boy! can recycle my boy's clothes again.. lol.

Regarding outing, i guess i can only make it on weekday evening for dinner, cos i might want to save some leave for taking care of my boy when my mum is not free. so count me in if its on dinner.

Bump size,
I was just asked by an auntie neighbour if I'm delivering soon!! Oh dear.
sad.gif

And I do feel the backaches are worse much earlier this time. Could be the weight gain, so I'm cutting back slightly. Plus going on a trip next week and I'll definitely eat and eat!

Sterilising bottles,
I stopped after bb took solid food, and only sterilise when travelling as a precaution. Too lazy to sterilise. In fact my mum is much more diligent, she still pours hot water over the teats etc and my dd is 20mths.

Medela parts,
Was just surfing the spree section and most pple do not spree these items anymore? So must pay more via the bulk purchase?

Bb kicks,
Can I check if your babies kick very vigorously? I'm at 23 weeks and her kicks are quite powerful and frequent, equivalent to #1 much later in pregnancy.

Bottle brand,
I've used avent. Have a few Medela ones from the Medela pump purchase, but they were very soft and seemed to lose shape easily.
Do note that Medela pumps only connect with narrow neck bottles, if u want to connect to avent which is wide neck, u have to buy a plastic convertor.

LM: Yes, my bb's kicks are stronger nw. Can see my bump vibrate... like a "thud". I'm enjoying it actually at least I know bb is healthy and active

Outing - WHEN WHEN??? I don't mind taking leave to meet u gals for high tea or something.
happy.gif
best is friday...

Bliss_ling, those Medela bottle & teats not cheap leh!!! I rem it's almost $20? The lady was telling the mummy abt the bottle cos it was free during the taka fair if u buy the medela FS pump. I was pointing it out to hubby and my hubby frowned. It's suppose to not leak until the baby sucks for some time - mimics breast feeding...

Sterilising: I think it depends on what you subscribe to. As long as my gal is not fully vacinated, I will sterilise all her bottles (i.e. until 1 YO). after that the only reason why i sterilise is cos this lazy mummy don't wash the milk from the bottle immediately after my gal is done. :p

Celia, I do not think NUK wide neck teats can fit avent leh. That time i remember a mummy tried and milk keep leaking...

LM, yes. My bb also seem more active than my 1st. Everytime like sommersaulting inside. very hiong. like Ctrus, it is like a "thud"!

Oh no, my gynae jz called to inform I've gestational diabetic. Sian!!!... need to control my diet and learn how to do the DIY test

Ctrus, not to worry, just ensure you don't drink so much of juice as opposed to having the fruits as a whole. A friend of mine was diagnosed with gestational diabetes with her #1, but now, for her second pregnancy, she's fine. She just avoided anything that's too sweet and abstained from fruit juices.

Hi mummies
Bottles
There are glass bottles sold in many places. I used pigeon glass bottle for my 1&2 but I had only 1, coz I latch most of the time. Glass is cleaner, and sterilize better too. I boil water to sterilize.

Both kids transit from breast to cup by the time thru hit 6mths. So I'm not big on investing on bottles.

Meet ups
Hi tea sounds good!

My baby is kicking so strong that I can feel it kicking at my cervix last night. Which is very uncomfortable. Was so worried that it was premature labour. At my week 25 now.
After googling online, I realize it is baby trying to turn from head up to head down. But I will double confirm with my gynae this fri.

Have u mummies experience such feeling b4?

Fatigue
I find myself getting very sleepy ESP during the evening. I kept thinking it's my age;(

Ctrus
Take care and eat more complex carbo. Bb will be fine!

Btw, why not get a live in helper, rather than send to your in laws place? I bet it is cheaper than 'paying' in laws to look after, and def cheaper than IFC..

Helper
Anyone getting a helper?

Bliss ling
I'm book crazy. So I buy a lot of books, on top of library books:D Is your dd turning page well? Or boardbooks stage?

Karen Katz's books are nice, or something repetitive like Margaret W Brown's Goodnight Moon. At two, you might want to go for a lot of repetitive lines in the books. I know many parents go for those saccharin sweet books like Guess How Much I Love You, erhm but I'm not those sweet sweet person lah. Then other parents like Richard Scarry or Dr Seuss' board books. I find my children better able to appreciate Suess' longer books when they are older, coz it can get funny, and others like Lorax is really meaningful.

Then there are also classics like I'm Going on a Bear Hunt, which comes with chants and fun actions.

Oh my children love Julia Donaldson! Nearly all her books are great. She has a real simple one titled 'Hug'. This monkey was looking for mummy and over and over he saw other animals hugging each other, and he kept asking 'hug?'. Very sweet story. She writes longer stories too :D

I like Barefoot books. It's a publisher. Some of their stories are sappy lah but others are really heartwarming..

If you like those simple readers, brand-new readers are good alternatives. The stories are quirky and funny, very simple one liner.

The few places I purchase my books
Overseas:
Bookdepository (compare px btw us and uk site first)
Amazon (as above, generally uk sites have cheaper edition if it's an English writer)
Bookpeople - wonderful book bundles but their shipping is exorbitant. Best if you get someone to cart it home for you. I bought my entire Thomas series, handcarry it back when my firstborn was 3! £30 for 50 books!

Local
Opentrolley
Bras basah
Or those roaming book sales around neighborhood malls. The second hand books come in decent condition and can be really cheap! I got my entire ORT (Oxford reading tree) for 1.50 per book!! Now my collection is mostly complete! Each series could cost up to $50 for 6 books bn!!

Chinese books?
Have you tried 绘本?they are really picture books, and some are totally wordless. But they are beautifully drawn and are meant to promote relAtionship between mother and child during reading (亲子关系. Kids, whatever age, love them.

You can get good and cheap Chinese books from China, and cheap readers from Pelangi in Malaysia.

Dont get me started on those beautiful Chinese books! I must have spent thousands on them. I'll cart another load back year end when I'm more settled down after Reno!!

Chinese books? Dang dang and amazon.cn are more reliable. And they deliver overseas.

Snowger
I'm still thinking if I should. What's se? Filip will be good, and I don't even mind giving them weekly offs. Indonesian good coz kid can pick up bahasa! Lol free language immersion!

Which agency are you looking at? We had helpers for first two and went wo after they turned 18mths each time. I cannot seem to manage helpers well!

Ctrus, initially I intended to be weekend parent too... But after baby is born, different story liao... Even thou I have post natal blues, I still miss him very much and want to see him everyday. So we sold off our flat when he was 2 mths old and bought an unit just next to Inlaws' block. We will see him every night after 7 and return back to our hse at around 10-11 when he is sleepy and only fetch him back to sleep on weekend. Even with this arrangement which I can get to see him daily, he will still look for my MIL when comes to sleeping time. So u have to be prepared for this. At times I will feel jealous but yet I cldn't bear to give up my beauty sleep. Lol. Luckily when he sees me, he is still super sticky.... Everything is I want mummy to bath, feed, play etc...

Bottles
I'm not sure which brand of bottles to get, but got a set of bottles that came with the Medela FS pump, so I guess I'll stick with that. Does any mummy here know if the 'calma' teats from Medela make a difference? It's supposed to mimic breastfeeding..

The posts here move so quickly I can't catch up! But if there's a gathering I would love to attend...
happy.gif

@friends I agree wif u.... That's why I insisted to bring home my bb every nite though it's kinda tiring for my hubby and myself.. Thank god my hubby is very supportive.
happy.gif

Sunny, yeah... No shortcut method for the closeness
happy.gif
I do console myself that at least it's grandparents not maids that he is crying for... And this arrangement do work well when comes to our couple getaway. When we travel for short trips at least I know that he is sleeping well....

Yea, that's why.. Was sharing wif my hubby.. That we might need to set aside 2-3 yrs of holiday plans...unless its buz related....

This is parent hood I reckon...
happy.gif

Thanks Yiping!

FRIENDS, I agree with you.. even though close it is still the grandparents. My #1 also very close to my parents. There is NO separate anxiety when I drop her off or ;eave er overnight. Sometimes I do feel sad but my hb always tells me, this is kinda good. At least I dun need to worry even on the way home!

Snowger, I'm in the midst of hiring a Phil helper.. Accordingly to the agency, so far there is no reinforcement on what it is reported in the papers. So dun need to worry too much! IF wanna hire, better do soon, coz it will take 4 - 6 weeks for them to come here.

fullhouse, sorry it is typo - should be "ss" - supply. My agency only has supply of 1?! and the pay is like so high it's crazy lor... I'm thinking of someone with experience and no brand new... She has a truckload of Myanmese helpers - my hb don't mind cos our PT helper is currently a Myanmese and quite ok. In fact she can understand English and when I told her to seperate my clothes to hang up and not throw into dryer, she could do it! *thumbs up*

Tres, how much is ur agency fee for Phil helper? and the asking pay? I have one Phil helper which I shortlisted - experience 6 yrs in SG (3 employers). But think she really is work in SG for the money...

Snowger, agency fee is cheap 188 but there are lotsa of 'plus plus' fees.. so in total i paid $909 for everything, insurance, MOM stuff.... medical... lah!

they say work for $$ is good motivation for them. I chose to have a brand new one coz I know experienced ones are more difficult to handle hahah! My opinion lah!

@ xinyue, I was been told the same thing from hub and mil as the child puts everything into mouth..

@ Shice, will take a look at the email = ) .. Get back to u soon..

@ Fullhouse, wow.. I really need your advise badly.
Thanks for the recommendation for the books = )

My dd can turns the pages very well and she will always brings the books to us, asking us to read it to her.. After reading, she will take more books and sometimes it last for more than 45 mins..She can sit there to listen and participate til I finish reading the book. Am running out ideas on books and also not sure what to choose for her in NLB.

Chinese books,
I tried to read it to her even thou with hanyu pin yin, I barely could make it and will try to "escape" reading chinese book, asking her to get me English book instead.

Will go choose the books as per your recommendation.

@ Ctrus, my sis got it during her preggy thou she never drinks / eats sweet stuff. She was told to visit a dietrician who will plan her meals. Her suagr level was under control and she had a healthy baby girl = )
She ate maninly wholemeal bread, abit of rice and more protien food for lunch and dinner. She drank HL milk instead of those FM for preggy.
All will be fine so long u cut down on fruit juice / sweet drinks. Eat the fruit as a whole on it own.

@ nickole, I also feel that the sterilising tablets got chlorine smell and like not wash clean that kind of feeling when I tough the teat and bottle.

I totally agree with u regarding putting milk powder into bottle & either some powder spill out of the standard bottle / the scope from fm touches the top of the bottle. Am still using NUK standard bottle with pigeon teat.

@ snowger, yes medela stuff more ex.. the bottles / teats.

If anyone getting medela bottles, guess have to wait for baby fair to see is there any good deal for the bottles

'calma' teats from Medela, the more i see, it looks more like a breast to me as compare to NUK teat

Bump/ baby kicks or movements
I can feel the baby moving more then I had #1 back then. Yst, I was listening to worship songs(thou long time never go church),the baby was moving alot more. hhehehehe

Just like what ctrus and snowger mentioned, it is like a "thud"! bb also seem more active than my 1st.

Nickole, thks for your advise on Nuks!
happy.gif

I got few Avent Bottles / warmer n steriliser as gifts n hand me downs, so I think maybe I just get Avent breast pump as well.

Is Nuks tits really better than Avents? Read so many raves about Nuks nipples..

Good morning ladies!

Re: helper
I used to have a part time auntie who will come weekly to clean our house, hubby & I adore her to the bits, we have used her for a few years, but we decided to switch to a permanent helper when we were planning for #2. This was after weighing the cost involved which was about $200 diff. Our 1st encounter was a Philio maid. We got her from a maid agency highly recommended by one of the mummies in my previous thread. Her best friend's brother owns the agency. But turned out it was a small counter in a shopping centre. They assigned a maid to us saying how experienced she was etc. Being 1st timer employer, we went along hiring her. The maid came about 1.5mths later, she looked totally diff from the pic we have seen. And she had with 2 huge suitcases. The 1st time she asked when we reached home was which bus to take from our house to Lucky Plaza, and she demanded for a weekly off; and she wanna go on leave the very 1st weekend! I told her that she got no off days during her 1st 6mths and it was listed in her contract. And i also told her that no handphone should be allowed.
The next day was our #1's birthday so was kinda bz, all my friends & relatives were around, and she hid in her own toilent to make phone call. I saw it and signalled her not to use it anymore. But the next moment, she was using it again in the kitchen in front of my brother-in-law's maid. I was so mad but hubby asked me to cool down and talk to her after the party is over.
So after the party, hubby & I sat down with her to talk things out. We told her that she was not allowed to have hp, and no off leave will be given till end of 6mths; and she started to cry and tell all sort of sob stories saying hubby running away and she needed to call home to check. I asked her whether she wanna to work here, if not, we will send her back, and she says she wanna stay and will behave. But the next days, she started walking around our house in her tshirt and short with no Bras on! Hubby was kinda worried as he at times will go back to our house due to his flexible hours and he does not feel comtfortable to have her walking ard without bras. And the following day, people started to call our house tel early in the morning and hang up when we answered the calls. I used the no displayed on the caller id and asked and Philio colleague to call back and turn out to be a philio man answering.
Damn angry, we sent her back to the agency the next day.
Worst of all, the agency didn't want to return us any $$$ but promised to give us a replacement and we have to continue payment the maid's lodging & food till she is being transferred out. During that period, the maid was staying at the agent's house, doing their housework! We waited, from Dec10 till May11 but the agent tried to avoid us, and kept delaying, saying no maid; and wanna us to pay another 1.5k for a new maid's training, which is a sunken cost. I was so pissed and demanded for a refund of the 3.8k if not i called the police or go to CASE, they had no choice but to give me only 1.8k saying that the 2k was the maid's expenses!
We learnt the lesson of going to a small agency and taking up a philio maid. Luckily for us, our part time aunite was willing to help out till we find another maid, but hubby was kinda skeptical abt it. It took me quite a while to convince him to engage maid again, and in Jan 12, we sourced for a few agencies online and decided to go to a big maid agency. We eventually chose Nation, and we told the manager our requirements : No Philio, only Indo, must be >30yrs & married, and able to take care of kids; strictly no off days and no hp! The manager shortlisted a few maids for us to choose, but hubby insisted that we looked thru' their database online, and he chose our current maid. We then asked the manager to arrange for tele interview for the few we had chosen. And in the interview, i told all the maids that no leave & hp are allowed, if they are ok, we will employed them. After talking to all of them, we found that the maid whom hubby has chosen since to be the best fit. So we eventually engaged her. She arrived at our house 09Mar12 and so far so gd, very hardworking, can cookm can speak english, and loves our son. When i told her that i am preggy in May, she was very happy and expressed that she can help since she has helped to take care of a newborn till 4yrs old in her previous contract before she went back to Indo to have children. She has brewed herbal soup during my operation, and cooked some confinement using the confinement cook books which i have bought. So Am quite happy with her.
We will let her call home using our hp twice a month, buy her stuffs eg clothes and undies and toiletries, bring her to buffets or restuarant for meals, we even bring her overseas for holiday.
Hubby & I believe that it is all luck when it comes to choosing a maid, and we also feel that if we treat people nice, the other party will eventually reciprocate.
happy.gif

Wow this thread is moving very fast! Been caught up at work and hard to catch up
happy.gif

Fullhouse: Thanks for the recommendations on books! Will definitely check them out
happy.gif

Bliss: I just ordered some Chinese books from BP for my boy, haha got hubby to agree to be the one to read them to him before i bought them!

Caregiver for #2: This is a big headache!!! With #2 both parents and PIL are older by a few few years compared to #1, and thus have raised more 'disclaimers' about wanting to take care BUT good to hv helper/health not so good sometimes/etc. Logistics wise will also be a nightmare to drive from home to their place, then send my boy to full day cc and then go to work - will be spending all our time on the road and travelling! Highly likely will put in infant care where my boy is currently attending full day cc, so at least we stick with current arrangement. Also hubby and I prefer not to have maid if possible. Currently we have a part time auntie helping to clean our place 1x a week. Mind boggling! Any mummies w good ideas pls share
happy.gif

Keen on meeting up for hi-tea too! haha cannot wait to have a good reason to take leave!

Canopyhaze: Glad you now have a good helper! I have heard many horror stories too. Our place is a HDB flat and my hubby is not comfortable to have someone else in the house lei so he totally not keen on having a maid. But good thing is we share the workload equally and my boy likes to stick to him, haha good esp now when I am preggy
happy.gif

I have a colleague who studied law minor in uni. He will actually amend the contract with the maid that is provided by the agency coz the contract is between employer and maid and not with the agency. When the maid makes serious mistakes (steal $, bring other maids home during the day when no one is at home etc), he issues a warning letter, signed by maid and with agency as witness. He them lodges the letter endorse w lawyer/notary for $30 coz he is worried that in the event that must send the maid home, he will at least have evidence of wrong doing and will not be accused of abusing maid etc. I was so surprised to hear all these coz never knew this could be done before.

bliss > hmm.. think it all depends on ur comfort level.

Yes, sterlising tablets are convenient but they have a very strong chlorine smell, so i stopped using after a few tablets.

tres > $909 sounds cheaper than mine. But mine is indo maid. I paid $1010 nett. My agent fee alone is $688 already.

On baby's caregiver.. Before #1 came along, I was told by colleagues and my parents that it is best for baby to be with the parents daily. As my colleague was a weekend parent, he had difficulties bring his DD home during Friday evenings.

Though it is tough and I have to sacrifice my beauty slp, I felt worth it as I would have separation anxiety if I didnt see my boy.. ops..
U wont like the feeling of ur baby looking for another person besides u. This is my thoughts.

canopyhaze, that sounds like quite a terrible experience u have there. I am thinking whether to go to Nation too as well... Cos my neighbour's helper was from Nation.
happy.gif
The agency I went to is considered small. It's a small shop at Holland V. I am just hoping that whoever I choose will be ok.

bliss_ling, yah... I was looking at the bottle. But it's SUPER expensive. That's my only thot when I saw the bottle... haa. But I thot the cushion that seems like the skin looks so "cute". :p

bdmummy > felt ur parents and PILs' concerns are valid. that's what my mom felt too when #2 comes along. So what we did was this;

As we are living near my mom, we got my mom to come over daily, from morning till evening to look after my boy and also to eye the maid. My mom would be looking after my boy most of the time, while maid does house chores. When needed, will get maid to assist her.

Maybe u can do the same, assuming u r living near either ur parents or the InLaws. Send ur boy to nearby cc if possible. that should cut some travelling time for u?

alternatively, station the maid with #2 at either InLaws or parents' place. send #1 to cc near their place and u can fetch all at same time?

For parents and PILs, as age is catching up, u nv know what is going to happen along the way. When they feel tired, maid can take over while they can rest.

snow : the advantage of going to a bigger company is that their supply is more, and you can have a replacement faster But the cost is slightly more. I went to the Nation located @ jurong Centre next to CPT board. You can look for Swee Yann, tel 6665 3856. Alternatively, you can key in your criteria online and the Nation Website will generate the list of maids available, then call them quoting the ID No of the maid. Look for those not too vain and pretty one, hubby and i look for those 看的顺眼的。
I oso look at their eyebrow to see if they do shaping as if they do, means quite vain :p, that's just my personally observation.
My colleague's criteria is cannot be taller than her, if not, she got to look up to talk to the maid instead of the maid looking up! whahahahah

Bliss : I have told hubby that i will be signing for the 10days' massage from Origins. Let me know if you wanna, then we sign up together. By the way, didn't you receive my PM yesterday?

@ snowger, yes.. i do agree with u ..lol

@ Canopy, such a horrible experience u had for first maid. Thank God your current maid is good = ) .. Is your boy been taken care by maid and your mil at hm?

@ xinyue, me too i stopped using 2 tablets.

@ bdmummy, good that ur hub can read to your boy.. My Chinese barely can make it...

bliss : my boy is taken care by childcare centre full time.
happy.gif
My maid just does cooking, cleaning, and feeding of our son. MIL will come to help when our boy is sick or not schooling and when hubby or I am travelling or hubby is having meetings. But hubby will be asking MIL to come to stay after i deliver. She is helping us with the confinement; and hopefully she can stay with us, she just have to supervise our maid.
We feel ease with someone close around handling #2 rather than just the maid.

snowger > maybe when seeing the maid in person, can see how the maid dress, tidy or not, neat or not. from there can tell whether she takes care of personal hygiene and also can tell whether she is clean or not? as maid might be handling bb at times, u wont want an unhygiene maid.

Nits & Bliss Ling: Thanks for the kind advises. Unfortunately my weakness is rice. I'm a "rice bucket" to begin with. Will be going to clinic tmrw to learn from nurse how to ctrl my diet and DIY blood sugar monitoring.

I also had my first maid for 2 weeks le. Still observing.. She started her little antics but we try to curb it early. Hopefully no problems n she can work for long.

maids
Well, initially thinking to get one but we still living with inlaws and no room .. Morever, hub dont like to go back to my parents place to stay..However, during my confinement, he will have to come along with me..

looks like many mummies are signing up with origins jamu. i'm planning to sign up with them too! let me know if anyone else plan to sign and we can sign up for buddy promo together
happy.gif

Xinyue: Yes their concerns are certainly valid, so we need to decide how best to manage and juggle it all... thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Canopy: Agree that if possible not to maid alone to take care of baby, still need to hv someone to jaga better.

<font color="119911">I was also contemplating of getting a maid in my mil hse (as I prefer not to have stranger in mine :D) but she was telling us to hold 1st since #1 will be gg to full day cc so she will just need to tc of 1...
We had chosen a cc that is near her hse, so she say at most ask pil to fetch #1 since she will be bz cooking dinner during off sch timing.
Say will let us know if she can't handle then we hire helper.
Think she's trying to help us save some money!</font>

I currently have my maid who's been with me for almost 3yrs now, since DD was about 3 months old. She's ok with my girl and the housework, and of course, there are bound to be misunderstandings. We just have to close one eye on these things. Only wondering what I will be doing when #2 comes along, cos DD will be attending N2 next yr, I haven't really thot of enrolling her in CC. And when I am back to work after maternity leave (might extend for another 2 months of no pay), I haven't actually planned the course of action. Should I actually leave both kids with the maid? Am not sure how she will cope, one an infant, the other a toddler. I don't have help from parents, while PIL will be visiting during the birth of #2, and MIL will be helping me during the 1st few months. After that she'l fly back (they don't stay in S'pore). So quite clueless. Maybe then, CC for #1 would be the only other option, I hope she doesn't hate me for it!

Bliss : Rebecca of Origins has replied my email by saying she will let me know tonite.
I have asked her whether both of us must take the same package, whether a receipt will be issued to us as proof of engaging her service, whether must pay together as in same bill, if pay separately how she is going to identify who is the buddy, and also if more mummies sign up together got further discount or freebies or not. Let u once i have the answers tonite.

Back