(2013/01) Jan 2013

hahaha ...

im keen .. please advice if we can drink bubble tea ... been craving for koi for quite some time
sad.gif

Re: Origins Jamu
I am keen too! Please keep me in the loop too if there's any buddy promo. Many thanks!

Re: FB group
Can someone add me in there too? Tia!

I got drink bubble tea.. just in moderation as most of the other food.. It also contains caffeine so i restrict to no more than 0.5cup of coffee+ bubble tea a day and prob drink bubble tea about once a mth?

bliss

by right, advice is dun drink bubble tea as sugar level very high. but moderation is ok.

I drink when #1 said she wanna drink , I hv fin the whole cup for her when she doesn't want.
:p

<font color="119911">I'm still drinking bubble tea (25% or 30% ones)!
Oops! Din think abt the high sugars, just tot of the caffeine nia and proceeded to drink as its lower than the level in coffee!

Btw, need advice from SAHM...
Normally what do u do with your toddlers during weekdays if they are not in cc?
I always fret abt what to do when I gotta stay at home to tc of my #1 when mil is not free for the day...</font>

yiping &amp; LDG : i was trying to do test, cos i realised my both arms turn red when had bubble tea on monday, then again on tues, so today is the last day before i confirm i am allergy towards bubble tea. It turn out i am right! both arms turn red and whole body starts to itch. So will stop drinking bubble tea from now on.

LDG: hubby &amp; I will bring #1 for swim or fly kite when he is not in school. I try to make it a point to go on leave when he is not in childcare. At times, we will just stay @ home, doing drawings and playing his toys. If not, will bring him to relative's place to play with his cousins. Strictly no shopping
happy.gif

Bliss,
nt a prob.
happy.gif

somewhere I read that even 0%, the chemical reaction of bubble tea , sugar level is still v high.

If u put in ice, the sugar level will shoot up double based on 0% sugar level.

&amp; then caffeine, if the tea is no good grade, will hv caffeine same as coffee.

Plus the pearls.... it's made of starch n sugar n some other ingredients, this contributes also to high sugar level in bubble tea.

I drink 50%,but looking at the posts, maybe I shld cut to 25% too. :p

Littledragongirl,
activities to do at home....... art n craft, dvd time, outdoor like going to zoo, night safari, park,sentosa, museums. I also hv liquid mark art where I let kid draw the whole corridor before washing it. or hand paint,etc.
u can read books too.

&amp; some private time for kid to decide wat she/he wants.
happy.gif

happy.gif

LDG
I know what you mean... time passes very slowly when at home alone w #1! I prefer to bring my boy out of the house if possible e.g. to the playground or park downstairs. Also will let him watch some educational leapfrog dvds.

Bubble tea
I am still drinking wor, 50% sugar, in fact in 1st trimester, the craving was much much stronger! But I substitute the pearls with aloe vera instead.

Nits
I am for full day childcare coz I have seen how my niece improved much faster overall in full day versus 3hr per day. My boy was slower in speech when younger, likes to use sign language and point instead of talking. Pd recommended we send him to childcare and true enough in 6 mths time his speech improved tremendously, he learns discipline and his gross/fine motor skills and chinese lang improved too.

I asked my gynae she said it's ok to drink coffee/caffeine.. As long as dun exceed more than 2 cups of coffee a day it's ok..

Oh I miss KOI! Totally forgot about it!

Maid
I have had maids before, but I dont like the reliance my children cultivated with maids around. No matter how hard you try, with maids around, the children will get dependent on them in certain areas... My two are old enough to do most things themselves, I think all the training will go to waste once we have helper.

Meet ups!
C'mon! When when???

Ldg
Erhm, how old is your older boy? Just read? Laze around, don't need to do too much?

<font color="119911">Thanks for all the suggestions!
happy.gif

bdmummy, yeah... :D
I oso feel time will somehow pass faster if bring my boy out.
So wanna bring him to playground earlier de, but it rained!
sad.gif

Fullhouse, my boy is 16mths.</font>

LDG, last time I always bring my boy out to play with his friends, then sometimes to library or swimming, during my 1st trim I was super tired so we mainly rot at home and watch Disney Junior! Haha..

Bubble tea
I still take it once in a while, not a big fan so still ok.. And I don't take pearl..

I didn't really restrict my food intake.. Just eat n drink as per normal, had fresh oyster tonight for dinner! Hee..

I miss Koi, sashimi and oyster! My hubby don't allow me to take... Haiizzz.... Omg I didn't know aloe vera cannot take, last week I had a big cup of aloe vera freshly made by my mum.

Bubble tea: I still drink occasionally. Usually 25% for koi or 30 % for gong chai... No topping cos don't like suck halfway need to chew.. Lazy... Lol. But now I think i will stick to zero sugar... Been drinking soya bean drink without sugar since last week when learnt that I need to go thru glucose test. Scared scared...

Still deciding whether to engage maid. Got the contact of agency already but mil hates maid... So on hold first....

@canopyhaze, U very brave to carry out allergy experiment when you are pregnant.

@Friends78: We got the same bubble tea taste. I only drink koi and gong chai after testing many... and at the sugar level same as u.

yiping : hahahah...that's just an excuse for me to drink bubble tea. Anyway, has decided to stop drinking all tea now that i know that it will cause rashes &amp; itch.
happy.gif

Good morning ladies!

Bliss : has yet to receive a reply from Rebecca. Has sent her a chaser this morning.

good morning ladies..

Strollers:
any idea which model is more handling-friendly yet stable? im looking on 2 different brands, combi and capella.

combi, its lighter as compared to capella. however, im worried that the stroller will over-turn when i carry the bb.

capella on the other hand is more sturdy, but heavier as well. the thing i like abt capella is that i can handle it wif juz 1 hand.

and advice?

Morning mummies!

Lish-zzz: woah, did not know that aloe vera can cause diarrhea, cramping and uterine contractions. Thanks, will certainly stop taking aloe from now!

Averie: I still eat sashimi but only from reputable Jap restaurants not those on conveyor belt, but not a fan of oysters. haha took half boiled eggs once and my hubby glared at me as asked "you can eact that meh"?

Sunny: I have a Capella stroller for my boy coz it can be used from infant onwards but after 1.5 yrs we stopped using it and switched to a cheap umbrella stroller that is very light (only 3kg), easy to open/close and handy to stash in car boot and bring w us whenever we need it. I think capella is smaller and less spacious than Combi? Overall need to think about how long will you use the stroller, if the price is worth it and weight.

Bliss &amp; Xinyue, i used the sterilising tablets to clean toys and wipe playyard since its supposed to 'kill germs' right? haha.. then wont waste it mah..

I realised Medela bottles very soft after sterilising. maybe becos its hot. it will just dent in after sterilising. if its hot, and i capped it, it will dent in by itself. which i feel the plastic looks so soft.
if u all got old bottles, can use old bottles to trade in for new Medela bottles, so cheaper.

Xinyue, u can buy milk powder in bulk from http://luvbabies.kimsang.com.sg/ or search fb for "BabyandMilk Suppy" i guess shld be cheaper than supermarkets. so far i m buying from Kim Sang cos the source is the same for Nestle. Do check out the source of the milk before purchase.

Regarding Maids, i m not getting one, but just to share, my colleague always told us he will get those not so good looking ones. so that the maid wont go around "钓男人" haha.. he used to have a maid many years ago who went downstairs for swimming when no one else is at home (my colleague is staying at condo). then the maid will go and flirt with the security guard. even brought the security guard to his hse!! My colleague only knew abt it when the security guard's wife called his house and warned him!!! then he immediately send the maid back!

Good afternoon mummies,
So sleepy; could hardly keep my eyes opens at work. Suffering fRom insomnia from 11pm onwards till 3am. Anyone has the same problem?

Snowger,
This is gonna be my last pregnancy. Just wanna to enjoy it to the fullest without being stress on gender. I still remember Hubby's cousins remark that we are only fated to haver gers when we announced #2's gender.

It has been 4 yrs. I can forgive but never forget. We had a gathering at mil's place a few months back when i was only 8 weeks preggy, they were already asking me for gender. When I was online 8 weeks preggy. When I told them i dunno, they dun believe, go ask Hubby n he gave the same answer. Was super pissed off, how would anyone know bb gender at 8 weeks. I told Hubby they are eager to know out of concern or to pass tactless remarks again. From there , I told Hubby it is going to be a secret till born. Just wanna enjoy every moments of pregnancy to the fullest.
happy.gif

In fact I was happy when the gers told them they think it is a meimei.

Piscean33,
Mid child syndrome comes when you have 3 kids close in age and the 2nd one feels left out or neglected.

Usually the 1st born is an over achiever and they are being seen as the most important and get the most privileges. The youngest sibling is the 'baby' of the family and gets away wiyh more as well as being the most looked after.

Middle child syndrome starts whether middle child id squeezed between these two and have trouble finding their 'niche' in the family. In short, its when the older child gets all the award, the younger gets all the love, and the middle child gets nothing.

More often than not, middle child will misbehave to get parents attention or end up becoming the loner in the family .

Where im concern it is more of the latter for my #2 cos she will just either take her own book n flip by herself or go inside our bedroom, lie on yhe bed n suck her finger queitly while the rest sre watching tv. So i tend to take more notice of her n carry her more yo assure tt she is not been left out.

Canopyhaze,
Chicken essence n bird nest do help with insomnia? Or help with keep awake during office hr? I dun take either 1.

Been a busy week. Finally on leave tml coz hubby need to go for acl knee surgery. After that hope I can handle #1 alone for the next few weeks.

Nickole, regarding purchasing new medela bottles. Don't need to trade in. Coz i compared the trade in price for new bottles and the bulk purchase price in this forum. Bulk purchase price is cheape by a few cents. Some more u can still keep ur old bottles as spare.

I'm also buying my milk powder from kim sang. They got sell diapers too, cheaper than normal price. But if NTUC got discount on diapers, have to compare again as NTUC may be cheaper at times.

nickole > Re sterilising tablets, oh ya hor.. why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the info on bulk purchase of milk powder.

bblove > erm.. for me, is more of didnt get proper rest as bb keeps waking up these few nights. so morning drank essence to keep me awake during the day..

Ctrus,
To be a weekend parents depends on how comfortable you n Hubby are. When we had our #1, my mil offered her help to take care but condition is we bring back only on Friday (part of the reason was becos Hubby n I start work at 7.30am and sil is too used to being weekend parents)

I rejected the suggestion cos we simply cannot bear the thought of leaving our baby in other place n only get to see hwer on weekend. Therefore i resigned to take care of her right after she was born. No regret cos i get to witness each n every of her milestone and she is so close to us. Sincei thinking im Gg to be a sahm for 2 yrs, we planned for #2 when #1 reached 6 mth old and hit jackpot on 1st try. Thus spent 2.5 yrs at home looking after the gers n enrolled both to cc together when #2 reached 18 month. Both my gers are so close tt they still bath, eat, play , sleep n go school togther and often asked if they were twin.
Since now im a ftwm, mil will take care of # 3 and i will bring home every night. Have talked to her n she agreed even before we plan for #3. So night time will be tug of war between 2 adults via 3 kids.

Bblove, I'm feeling super tired today too!! Laze on the bed with my boy, no mood for lunch...

Sunny, u can try Peg Perego Pilko Mini, it's consider light weight 5.8kg and very stable, won't topple even I hang things and my carry my boy out.

SAHM
I enjoy being a SAHM, it's not easy but like what bblove said, I get to witness every milestone of my boy and he's very close to me and hubby. Sad to say some man actually thinks it a very easy job thinking that SAHM only shake leg at home and do nothing..
I'm planning to get a job after #2 goes to cc.. Maybe in 2 years time.. But really dont know what to work as, I wanna find some short part time course now but no idea where to find one..

@ nickole, sterilising tablets, me too, never think of it and let it expire.

Feeling tire
Am trying not to hit a cup of tea as much as possible.. So drink milo. Nw alot of ppl asking me when am I due. Told them Jan 13 and they are all very shocked cos my tummy grow so much and it seems that either I having twins or I goin to due in a month time or so... Oh mine!!!

i m feeling so sleeeepyzzzzz now..

Shice, i din trade in for medela bottles cos though of using as spare too..

if u all getting medela milk bottles from bulk purchase, then maybe i can add that into list if consolidated orders for our pump parts.

do u all change milk bottles frequently? i heard need to change very frequent. but i din really change and had been using those bottles for quite some time liao.

nickole > Nope I didnt. I was told change only when bottles crack. The bottles I have for my boy were all passed down. Think they are more than 10 years old.

Baby kicks,
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one getting disturbed by it. Today alone bb has been kicking me on and off since 6am! And I can feel the dragging of an elbow/leg across my belly. I don't rem this till much much later for #1!

Dawn,
Think yours is the most active so far! Like somersaults?! Do let us know what your gynae says.

Meetup,
Yes please let's have one. Was there a request to have it on a Friday?

Facebook group,
Erm, who do I pm to join? I've pm'ed 2 ladies here but no response yet. Is there something I need to activate on Facebook first?

Fullhouse,
Thanks for your book suggestions. My dd is just outgrowing her board books I think. Time for more buying. But she doesnt seem keen on following the storyline and will just flip the page before I'm done reading it.

Bblove,
What irritating people! What's wrong with "being fated" to have girls anyway? Boy or girl we'll love them the same. They don't sound like parents yet to make such comments. Although there will be other parents who only congratulate you when you have a boy and girl to get the 'hao' word. When they hear my #2 is also a girl, they just say "oh okay..." It irritates me no end when pple assume I'm having another bb just to have a boy.

agree with LM.. Some will say "oh good u have a "hao" zi so can close shop liao... and if it another same gender especially girl, they will say " oh nvm, can again for the next one and hope u strike it" WTH with these ppl

@ BbLove,

totally able to understand how you feel ... my MIL kept insisting that mine was a boy, when my bb is still a peanut .. as weeks pass, whenever she see my bb fetal scan she will keep having that remark that it is a boi.. OMG ... thank god, my hubby was very supportive all this while when his mum makes these remarks.

LDG/ Hammiebao,
I also cannot imagine myself being a SAHM till I become 1 myself. But the thing is I cannot compromise to be a weekend parents. Maybe because we lost a baby boy prior to #1 and I went into depression after the miscarriage. We simply cannot bear the thought of carrying #1 to full term and giving birth to a healthy baby but only get to see her on weekend.

I told Hubby that noone force us to have a baby. Since we are the 1 who wants a baby then we got to be responsible. During the 2.5 yrs when I was a SAHM, Hubby's salary was meant for our family but I still give my MiL her monthly allowance and the money comes from my own saving. That is why nobody is allowed to complaint. Luckily Hubby was supportive of me throughout.

Back