(2013/01) Jan 2013

re: teachers in CC
my kids' previous CC has mostly local teachers..mostly malays! chinese teacher was prc. we chg'd earlier this yr to another CC, teacher fili, some locals n lotsa PRCs.. but actually hb & i prefer this. kids r speaking more mandarin now (we norm converse in english at hm..with them), cos fili teachers, lesser or omoz no singlish..(but of cos, peer pressure cant avoid oso la. haha).

sometimes we accidentally end sentence with a 'la'.. they will ask us.. "why u say 'la'.." hahaha. but hor.. no matter what, we are singaporeans in singapore.. singlish is unavoidable de.. n it's our way of communications..our way of life. LOL.. juz matter when they start. heee~

Snowhopes/Canopyhaze: though I'm not Catholic/Christian, Mt A was still ok for me. Perhaps now after reno, place might be brighter.. This time still undecided, I might choose TMC for a change.

Tonic stuff:
I had ginseng soups for my no. 2 pregnancy from 4th mth-end onwards, luckily seemed like no bad effects. Birdnest, my hubby also say its just protein, & not worth the expensive price. Cordyceps chicken soup is good, improved my energy level whenever I had that during 2nd & 3rd trimester.

Just got off the phone disputing and arguing over some work matter with vendor.. super high blood pressure!!

yup, these days most childcare i saw have teachers from philipines and china.. but they have no choice too. Not many singaporeans want to go into child care teaching. Even if they are interested, they rather be the boss of the childcare than to be paid to teach.

Dun expect much from this year's marriage and parenthood package. Even if have, prob more on paternal leave or benefits. Regarding the kaisu syndrome of waitlist to infant/child care and enrolment to pri sch, i feel that the situation won't just change in a year or 2. somehow we are stuck in the rat race if we wan our kids to stay and be educated in singapore. By no choice, we have to move house, do PV, and all kinds of inconvenience stuff to get the better (not the best) for our kids.

teachers in CC
now is mainly foreigners as locals find it a dirty job to wash up children. Onli Malays are willing to do it. And now everyone is upgrading. Everyone wana lead, nobody wana teach. I think there are loads of supervisors and principals around

My MS getting worse.. already in my 12/13 weeks.. now feeling pukey when i'm either hungry or full.. so terrible!!
sad.gif

i was juz munching on some wasabi green beans... actually quite a comfort food. but then..made me crave for wasabi more..sahimi even more!! ):

my appetite is very good.
till date I gain 3kg.. am 12wks 4 days old..
Hai. my blood test etc haven reach doc yet. so worrying...
sad.gif

cheese > no news means good news right?

that's what my Gynae says, if there is any urgent stuff, the lab / clinic will call and we will inform you! So positive thinking!!!

Tres, eh.. but the test haven even reach doc le..
sianz... but the assistant say maybe is next batch,she say will call me.. have to wait le..

just now had McDonald for lunch.
glad that can almost finish the whole meal now & sweet n sour sauce finally taste 'normal' to the taste bud le.

hmm... I'll still feed nausea but vomitting have greatly reduced. m in 11w2d now... hope it really go away soon.

cheese, i gained 4 kg to date.. 12wk 4 days. hope i can control later part of the pregnancy.

Looking for sweets to eat. Think I gotta carry sweets ard 24hr le. This morn woke up on empty stomach, and when i cough, i almost puke. lousy feeling.

shice, same here... my hubby was shock how fast i finish a pack of sweets. As i usuall dont take them. But without it, i think i will keep vommitting non stop.

Hmmm
Motherhood, family and priority
Lol. Frankly I think it's gotta do with the way we are brought up. Think of this, child-minding, taking care of family is not something we are taught to prioritize since young. We are taught that q woman needs to 'fulfil her potential', 'find herself in life', 'earn her own keep and be independent' etc. IRS nearly all about individual and hardly anything about family sacrifice. That's why you get those 'iyo study so much stay at home for what?'

Between family and self, I'd rather go for self. I'm not saying all working adults are selfish but we are in a way instilled that only dumbo will stay at home. The capable ones work.

So in the midst of all these, if family prove to need such sacrifice, then I reckon I don't even want children!

Actually children didn't need to be expensive. You don't have to send your children to best preschool ESP if you stay at home. They won't go astray when family environment is secure enough and you are constantly watching them.

And 'study so much already', still send them for tuition???

i very bad.
sad.gif
i can't drink water so been drinking a lot of cold drinks. usually the canned kind. i know very sugary but when preg i like cold drinks. so bad for baby...
sad.gif
just went to buy a can from the vending machine. aaaaahh......

me too... lotsa cold drinks. cold barley, cold eno, cold honey lemon/lime.. only hot item i cld take is milk tea (which is liang too..) ):

Currently 10 week 3 days… drop 2kg from all the vomiting.. still no appetite to eat anything, in fact, I hate eating and the feeling of hunger is a pain... My mum bough bird nest for me too. But I told her I puke out everything and almost anything now.. still puking 5-8 times a day.. medication dun seems to help anymore..

I really envy all who can start eating like a normal person… I hate being pregnant now.. bcos I dun feel like a human being most of the times.. feel dead… sob sob sob

i'm 9weeks 1 day and also drop 2kg from my last visit to the gynae. told him i'm like a merlion after i enter my 8th week. everything in everything out. haha he gave me a medicine to stop my vomiting and it helps alittle but still puking. instead of puking 10 times a day, now reduce to 6 times. i stop the medicine cause i don't want to use medication to stop my nausea so popping sweets nonstop too.

<font color="0000ff">karen...</font> <font color="0077aa">Big Hugs. i know its hard, especially this stage. but do take heart, it shld improve in 2nd tri. it may not be a total switch, but it will be gradual. maybe at 14 weeks, looking back, u may marvel at how horrible you used to feel. 3 more weeks to go. i feel for you cos the moody part i can emphatise. I think its all our hormones. for all my pregnancies, i feel especially terrible at night and in the late afternoon. nobody cld understand why. even hubby asked me if i can control it. I told him i can't! and i told him i wish we can switch bodies just so for him to feel how i feel for 10mins! that wld be enuf. i just felt like shit at night, sooooo moody and grouchy and emotional and sulky. really sulky and needed a lot of TLC but TLC also not enough. i also dunno what i want. especially this preg, i actually felt resentful at night. i am so bad mood in first tri i shouted at my kids a lot at night, then feel horrible afterwards. then in the day, feel so weak i feel like fainting even when walking to lunch. i wish i can be harry potter and can dissapparate to the food stall and back without walking. sometimes feel so breathless and tired i tot i will faint when i walk. emotionally very draining. I also tot i will feel that way forever, but i think it abated a teeny weeny bit now.

I know it seems like it will be forever, but it wun be. take heart ok? maybe make a list of things u can be glad with e.g. this ur first child? good thing is no little one running around testing your patience now. treasure ur first pregnancy. and also take heart your mom bought birdnest, now u can't eat, next mth maybe can. at least got someone loves u so much bot birdnest!

HUGS.</font>

ahbui, thank goodness i feel better now that i am not alone in downing cold drinks. i know i heard not good for baby. sigh. i asked gynae though, she told me by the time baby absorb it its at body temp. sigh she sounds so rational but chinese saying is also believable.

karen,
ya dun feel bad, I was in that stage previously too. soon it'll really b all over le. eventually u realise u suddenly can eat better and keep the food in. =)
jiayou jiayou! soon entering golden period le.

Daisybuttons, finally found someone who shares the same feeling as me. Resentful is the word! I am so tired and can get very work up easily nowadays. Tears can come down easily when I looked at the mirror... my white hair, bloated tummy, every part of me just look so ugly.... At night unable to sleep well... Will always toss and turn for an hr or so when wake up at 3-4am to pee.... seriously no mood to do anything...

Daisy: likewise, me feeling as depressed as u.

Stucked in traffic jam for more than an hr, went home straight away rushed to toilet to puke for half an hr.
sad.gif

Pukey moms and depressed ones
Cheer up! I think it might get better. Think I drove around too much today and felt all pukey. Didn't vomit coz such moments I'll not eat anything in case I puke.

Told my hb that it sucks this time round. Tired and nausea, and to think previous two pregs were so perfect. I'll rather be fat and put on weight and be happy than to feel such nausea. I really font mind bring fat now... Who cares when I can feel I want to eat something and actually eat them, than to want to eat but can stomach them...

Week 11, still 没有起色

Full house, agree!! Hahahha now I so miss my 1st pregnancy... Can eat whatever I want and whenever I want, only puke once a day after dinner for 1st trim... Nowadays eat biscuits also ind it oily... Super sian!!!

Ms
Now it's better, vomit about once to twice a day... Hope it's all gone soon!!

daisybuttons : Thank you so much for your comforting post~ I really had tears rolling down my face while reading your post. It’s really hard time now.. and I really hope for the worse to be over soon, for myself and all other mtbs who are suffering too.

Jo (josky): Thanks Jo… I’m really looking forward to normal life… life’s been hard since bb turn week 6 till now… a few more week to go..
sad.gif

It’s sat.. but month end closing for me… stuck in office, working &amp; feeling nausea..

Snowhopes,
Thanks for updating my details! ^_^

Canopyhaze,
So coincidence! We share the same gynae, same EDD &amp; hosp too! Are you going for Oscar soon? Was Dr Paul ur 1st gynae?

Me only started puking yesterday &amp; today again. My boys saw me puked today &amp; they got so worried. Keep asking if I am ok. Thot 1st trim ending should be better but seems not....sian.

I saw a few drops of fresh blood on panties, hubby rushed us to a&amp;e. Hope hope hope to see bb alright. I'd rather be getting my usual nausea than feeling this worried.

Thanks all, bb is fine. I freaked out when i saw fresh blood. Doc says as long as the flow is not like the first day of menses, it's ok.

Hi All!

Hv been reading all post diligently since day 1.

EDD : 28 Jan
Gynae : Wong Mun Tat (Very very gd gynae)
Hos : TMC
Number 2

Dear Lish-zzz,

Try to lie on bed AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. That happened to me for my number one and was in hospitalised 3 times! Hv to rest on bed thru out my pregnancy. All will be ok.

Saiyang and tell BB dont kah jiao if not mama beat backside!

Hi mummies, hugs.. Din know there's so many of u also feeling so emo.. My mood suddenly got very bad yesterday continued to today.. Showing a black face all the time now.. Really dunno how to get to work tml..

Hugs to other mummies.. Hope we get happier as the days go by..

Hi mummies!

Been in pain since 2am, can't sleep in the bed, my cyst is given great pain whenever I lay on my bed. Tried to force myself to sleep and convince myself that the pain will be gone when I wake up but I failed. I Feel slightly better when in sitting position, So has been sitting on The bed for the past hrs. Don't know what to do now, hubby wants me to go to hospital, but I know i will need to operate it. Gynae has told me that if in pain, must be admitted to put in full GA and remove the cyst. But I am worry abt the bb.
sad.gif
really hope that the pain will go away like the previous time.

Canopyhaze
Good morning! Hope you're feeling better now! Is there any other option other than operation? Will the pain get worse as the bb grows?

Can take panadol for the time being then talk to your gynae again. Hope all will be well with you
happy.gif

Hi canopy, how r u feeling now? Better? Still in pain!?
Pls head ur hb advise n go to the hospital just to have it
Checked out. Dun worry about bb! All will go well. Keep
Us updated!!

Morning mummies!

Canopyhaze, pain means that your body is telling u that something is wrong. Best to go to your gynae to get her/his opinion. U need good quality sleep as the days go by... How to 'sit' to sleep throughout the preg and reading your post, the pain must be quite bad. Take care. Baby will be fine
happy.gif

Good morning ladies! Been missing for a few days as I was on leave and didn't log in.

I hope all mummies are feeling better today. I will be entering 2nd Tri this week and hope MS will be better.

I did my OSCAR last Fri. BB was very co-operative, scan and blood test completed in 20mins. But the waiting time was quite bad. I arrived at 9AM and was told that I may have to wait till 2PM. So I went home and sleep and went back again at 2PM. Sonographer can't see the gender yet, and I went to my Gynae and he couldn't see anything too. I guess I have to be patient and wait for another month or so. So eager to know the gender so that I can start buying BB stuff
happy.gif

Mummies going for OSCAR, do remember to book appt for the detailed scan as well. Otherwise, need to queue again.

For mummies, contemplating between Mount A and TMC. My Gynae told me that renovations at Mount A will be completed only Jul '13. So it might be quite dusty and noisy during the stay. You all might want to check with Mount A on the renovation status when due date is nearer.

For mummies having bad MS and pains, please hang on &amp; jia you together!!! All the suffering will be worthwhile when you see your little one growing in your tummy.

canopyhaze, as wat other mummies say, better to see doc and get alternative options. If need to go for GA, maybe check if it's better to go now or when the little one is bigger. Coz i think when baby is bigger, he/she tend to absorb more from our body. Thus GA may not be too good for them. But if dun remove, it may cause more pain for u later on. We are only in first trim and u are already sitting up to sleep. I rem doing that only in my last trim due to backache. Think positive and think for the best for both baby and mummy ya? Dun torture urself too much.

Over the weekend, not sure if i overexerted, but i'm feeling cramps at the womb area. Hopefully it's nothing serious. Working from home today. Good also as i'm super emo these days. I even quarrelled with hubby this morn and cried. Even now, I also feel like crying. I dunno if this is my character or it's just the hormones. Don't feel like seeing or meeting anyone right now. In a super lousy mood.

Thanks s_Loh. Now in the room, playing with computer and waiting for the nurse to come n give me injection. All rooms r full, currently housed in the chancery room till they move me to my premium single after my op this afternoon.

Back