(2013/01) Jan 2013

i agree.. that if your pregnancy is happy.. it will affect the personality of the bb.
I also scare that my #2 will be a grumpy bb, i think my pregnancy this time around is not as happy as previous!

tres, xinyue, qq31 and junior jj, I cant find u all thru the email addresses u gave. Maybe u all try to add me?

ellenchan
@
singnet.com.sg
(combine all the words together - no spacing)

Oh.. when u all add me, pls pm me your nick too so i know who's who.
happy.gif

Hi all mummies, i'm new to this interesting & informative thread. Hope i'm not too late in joining.

Edd: 5th Jan 2013
Hospital: Mt E
Dr: Yeoh Swee Choo
Baby Boy

Nice to meet you all...

I agree that personality of babies will b affected for sure.
My #1 is a happy baby but very bad tempered coz I had been scolding my pupils a lot. This time seems to be worse. More emo, still scolding but less laughter... Oh no.

Happy kid...
Erh I think no impact on the child! Lol. My sister was in serious depression when she was preg with her boty, but he turned out such a cheerful and sweet darling. Only diff maybe he knows earlier on how to keep himself occupied, as if he knows mummy is upset so don't bother her
happy.gif

Heng suay bah...

Pauline
Your boy is a bright spark! My children are very very ordinary. That's why I thought GD works well. It doesn't create miracles but good enough for us.

Fb
Eh... Who is Shice in real life? Do I have her on fb? I have a few but I cannot match the nick with the person...lol...

Hammiebao, bliss ing
I can only make it afternoons! But I'm at east coast now, will return end next week, if my ID didn't screw up!

Pauline,
You are still teaching? Lol I was in teaching too... Was... Heeeee. In mybprev thread, there were so many teachers, I wonder if there are as many teachers here!

<font color="119911">hmmm... Not sure if will join the fb yet...
Somehow still feel more comfy in here...
Hope the chat in here won't lessen bec of fb!
happy.gif
</font>

Hammiebao, I bought one to use for my #1 and #2.

Mama love front back kind ~$250... Don't hog the whole pavement, but only suitable up to 15kg each seat.

Maclaren side by side kind $350+. This one got it cheap cos I bought at the kaki bukit baby hyperstore. Bought few year back version, only colour different, function same. Can take up to 25 kg,

Hammiebao, u looking for those side by side or those one sit and one lie down one. I saw a lot of Mommies sell them away leh. Not sure if its really good? I'm thinking of getting the attachment like a standing board. If my gal lazy to walk can jus stand while I push. ;p

Piyoz, the pants suitable for work? Maybe I should buy a few pairs. My previous pregnancy one all look do baggy on me!
sad.gif

Jarol, I will still be here la. Not joining the FB yet. Celia I think Will hav problems cos China nO FB leh... ;) aiyoh I using iPhone so forgive me I can only write one post aft reading one. ;p

Full house, yes I'm still teaching but on 2/3 load now. Super bohua but it's ok since I can get my 4 months maternity leave next year. But I'll be on NPL after ML. *wink*

Hi mummies,
Pls add me too, hv been silent reader for quite sometime.
Am a SAHM too.
Hehe!!!

Edd: 22nd Jan 2013
Hospital: TMC
Dr: K C Yeo
Baby Boy ( bb no.3)

Nice to meet you all...

Full house, when did u quit teaching? I've been toying with the idea but can't bear to call it quits yet...so will take NPL...

Yiping,

:p
ok.

Bliss,
JXMUM is very nice n patient.

Rdgs to fb..... FB closed group,open for public to read but cant comment. Only secret group is only meant for those joining.

Pls inform me too!
happy.gif
tks!

hi mummies,

Mia for a while due to flu n cough, on mc for the past 2 days.
Jus went for gynae check up today, gained 2.4kg over the past 2-3 weeks! Bb is now double his weight since last visit, 728g presently at 22weeks+5days.
happy.gif

Piyoz,
Thanks for the link. Love looking at bb clothings nowadays!!

Fullhouse, piyoz, snowger
Not looking at side by side ones cos I find it too wide... Am actually looking for something that both can nap in.. As my boy now still will nap in his stroller... Thinking of Britax Tandem... Still considering...

Double seat stroller

I just bought one those 1 in front 1 behind type. but find it very very heavy as the metal supports have to be strong to support 2. Really wonder if I can move ard with such heavy weight stroller.

Yiping, my #1 was emergency c-section. I tried natural but not successful, so had to proceed with c-section, I end up paying double. That's why this time round, I opt for scheduled c-section.

Snowger, yes, suitable for work. But size limited. Do take a look. Regular ones less 20%. Bought this tights like pants ard $50. Very good quality material. Elasticity is fantastic. The auntie very friendly too. Even teach me how to wear the pants after delivery.

Sylvia, ya, at beginning the stroller very heavy. But it beats having to drag two tired toddlers. So arms will auto develop muscles to push them. Just that turning at corners a bit tricky. But will get hang of it
happy.gif
. Mummies are strong

Snowger, I have the board thing that can attach to stroller. Useful. Ard $100+ I think. Can get from kiddy palace and major dept store. Wait for sale then can get discount
happy.gif

hi mummies,

How much weight have you put on so far? I'm 22 weeks and have put on 7.6kg. Very hurt by all the insensitive comments people keep making about how fat or heavy I am.

Mad dog
Hugs! I know how u feel!

Then those people would start commenting how little weight they put on during preg, how big their bbs are, and how quickly they slimmed down... Sheesh, give me a break!

Some people put on weight early on, I'm those whose weight gain comes later. So I can't comment now... Wait till 30 weeks!

Btw someone asked if I'm at the last trimester!!! Sigh!!

Hi maddog, I have also put on about 8kg now at my 24 weeks. For ppl who really cares about you wouldn't make such insensitive comment.

Most importantly is our babies are healthy.

Enjoy the whole pregnancy. =D

Eh...same here lah...I didn't put on a lot of weight but as compared to my #1, I look very round and big now. Some people also thought I'm giving birth soon!

Yeah I agree with Dawn. Most importantly, healthy and normal babies.

Freesia &amp; Cheese, thanks
happy.gif
I think I go for a trial first see if my boys likes GUG anot then sign up.. ;)

Re: maternity leave, my company calculate the first 2 months as 8 weeks and next 2 months as 40days which can be taken flexible.. So I will be same as Bliss_ling, save some ML for baby checkup/vaccinations as well as when my mum not free on some days..

Bliss_ling, i dun have any recommendations for books, but if u have been buying books online, can try this website http://www.oo.sg/ to compare prices before u buy
happy.gif

Friends, let me know if Tan Leng Leng gets back with u regarding medela spare parts.. Thanks
happy.gif
cos I m still looking at littlethinkies, agapebabies, megababystore, http://sgmumsnbubs.blogspot.sg/ and pebble-babies.blogspot.sg..
Some items are cheaper from another.. I bought from littlethinkies and sgmumsnbubs before..

Shice, I pmed u here and in fb. Kindly add me In the fb grp too.. Thanks
happy.gif

Tandem stroller,
I was thinking of getting the buggy board instead of a double stroller, but #1 will only be 24mths when bb is born. Will she want to stand there? Can she stand for long? Think it's meant for older kids? Anyone can comment?

Bliss ling,
Can't remember your exact question on books, but I get cheaper children's books from www.bookdepository.co.uk. It has free international shipping, but it does take a while to deliver. So far very reliable.

Maddog,
I've also put on close to 10kg (i think!) at 23weeks. Didn't help that eating prevented nausea and vomitting in the first trimester, so I ate my way through it. Most pple say I put on more faster, and I do look bigger too. my weight gain pattern is almost identical to #1. How much you're allowed to put on depends on your pre-pregnancy weight too.
If those pple who comment are not close I just say its normal for the 2nd child onwards for us to balloon faster! Don't be too upset ok, as long as bb is growing well and not too huge, we can lose weight through breastfeeding and sleepless nights!

Maddog, don't bother about those insensitive remarks. They r just jealous. I also put on 7 kg to date. Just went for gynae check up yesterday, already hit 54.2 kg liao. The appt card has my weight when I was preg with no 1 and this is the weight when I was about 36weeks preg with my no 1 loh. Now I'm in week 24 niah... Definitely bigger this time round. But as long baby in good shape, size and healthy, I'm ok and happy Liao.

I am asked to take glucose test in another 4 weeks
sad.gif
Sugar detected in my urine for the third time. Sianz ah!!!!

Nickole, noted. Will pm u if she emails me...

LM, I think it really depends on your child, whether of she's still dependent on stroller, some child hates stroller and will not want to sit in then can get the buggy board, my friend's child is still having her nap in stroller now and she is 4.5yr old

Hi has anyone used nuk brand milk warmer before?
I saw from the box that it is thermostatically control and will continue to keep warm after reaching the desired temperature.
What about avent and pigeon warmer? Will the temperature of the breast milk dropped after reaching desired temperature or it will maintained the temperature till you removed the bottle of milk?
Was thinking we may warm the milk earlier before the exact feeding time

Maddog: understand what you have gone thru! I have gained abt 4 to 5kg till date. And am wk 23. Am big by nature so u can imagine that I am much bigger now! I remembered when I was having #1, my previous gynae told me that I was the biggest pregnant woman he had ever seen! And always criticized me during checkup and threatened to throw me as his patient if I gain any weight. In fact, he wanted me to lose weight during pregnancy! Was so stressed out that I forced myself to throw up or not eating when I was due for appointment. Hubby eventually got me to change to dr Paul tseng after seeing me in such depressing stage! I finally overcame this imposed inferiority complex after dr tseng's constant encouragement and assurance, and also with the support of my hubby.
So don't let anyone put u down or affect your emotions! We are ok even if we gain weight! We are afterall pregnant women! So long our babies turn out healthy and happy! So don't be bother by those people! Be happy and we are here to support each other!
happy.gif

Mummies,
Have added some of you on my fb under Sxxxx Ong. Can't find most of you through the email provided.

Maddog,
Cheer up. Pregnancy is a good execuse to pile up weight so long bb is healthy
happy.gif

Hi Fullhouse

My other two r 4 n 2+ yr old.
Elder is Sept08 boy, No.2, Darling girl Mar10.
What abt ur kids???
Hv we meet up b4 for the Sept08 bb???

maddog,
Agree with the rest! Must learn to shut those comments off and take pride that gaining weight healthily.. I also remember when i was 3+ mths when my close friend said i look bigger than her other friend who is 5mths preggie.

piyoz, thanks! I will look out for sale. I saw at mothercare or try to buy a 2nd hand... :p I think I will just use one pram w the standing board. If my gal wanna zzz, she can sleep in the pram. Then I carry the baby in a sling or something.

maddog, pregnancy is the time where we can feel proud to be big and round. So rejoice yah? I am feeling worried as my weight gain does not seem to be very good. Trying to not keep weighing myself and stressing myself to eat more to gain weight...
sad.gif

Back