(2013/01) Jan 2013

I only did a video from birth till one year old for my boy. before my PC clash.. now 2 years old le, nv do anything, but i record every learning path of his
happy.gif

hi ladies.. been a (long) while since i last reported in. actually was in couple of times..but merely reading some posts that's all.

just went for detailed scan this morning at NUH, as pretty last.. in about 45mins or more. n finally.. find out gender of baby.. cos the lil one has been hiding for the past 2 u/s.

kindly help me to update:

EDD: 21 Jan 2013 (but c-sec date TBC)
BB # 3
Ob-gyn: Dr John Yam
Hospital: GlenE

thanks thanks.

Shice , bliss ling : I also started my boy on shichida classes in July. He's 2.5 yo now. Bought the flashcard materials but not hardworking enough to flash to him everyday ! Materials are not cheap! Strangely, my boy is v attentive when it coSmes to flashing cards, but can't really sit still when he has to do other activities in class....

Shice: which day is your kid's class? Maybe we have bumped into each other before!

bliss, ask you ah! Your $800 is with 1 or 2 kids?
I contemplating should i give more as #2 is coming leh? BUt I will also get a maid to help her out leh! So the extra $$ is to pay for maid???? Dilemma lah!

BBlove, great job with the scrapbook!! haha.. so far i only kept all the scans and receipts in a file and only did one photobook for my boy when he turned one!! haha..

Cheese, ut boy attended the GUG for one day per week type or is there any for the whole week? haha.. cos i m thinking of one day per week.

Sweetdream, i think the Wink to Learn (speak and read) DVDs not bad. got pictures and words. the DVD got a function whereby u can play only words or only pictures. think u can view some sample from their website.

erm, why are u all booking ur hospital so early ah? my gynae only asked me to book two weeks before i delivering when i had #1.. cos can only confirm date by then, so will know whether is it normal delivery or c-sect.

Freesia, haha.. i thot too... this thread got lots of experienced mummies than my #1 thread too.. haha.

LM, since ur gal can picked the correct flashcards when u showed her, that means it works! She is absorbing
happy.gif
u wan can try a few more times next time. it will be sort of like "revising" too.. heehee.. so dun give up on it since u oredi got it!!

Actually i oso dunnoe if my boy really understand the meaning of the words on flashcards, cos sometimes he can repeat after me when i flash it to him.
And i started Math Dots cards at the same time with English and Chinese cards. that was when he was abt 8mths. of cos he cant read yet at that time. i din read the book! lol! need to start after he can read??

Mummies who are keen for the 'bulk purchase' to get Medela pump spare parts online , can wait till maybe Nov then i try to consolidate? cos i m thinking of getting it nearer to our due dates, at least dun have to store for too long. i go and search see which seller cheaper than update u all
happy.gif

Freesia, my son attends sat late morn at springleaf.
happy.gif
maybe we have bump into each other if timing is ard there.

Nickole, I'm interested in the medela spare part mass order!! Let me know if u need help consolidating orders.

Shice: Oh, mine is at HDB hub on sun morning.

Nickole: I used to send my boy to GUG for weekend class (once per week type). But stopped the classes after he started to attend childcare at 2YO. Think they also have regular weekly classes. The classes are not bad, my boy picked up phonics there. They also do craft work, story telling and sometimes there are music lessons.

I also thinking how much to give to my inlaws if they agree to take care my no 2. Currently giving them $800 mthly for my boy.

@bliss, my inlaws and parents will charge 'market rate' for looking after grandchildren... But they won't scrimp on the food and toys for them.

Hi mummies,

I found this and wanna share with you mummies as i think it's not x for 4D scan. I did my 4D scan for my #1 at TMC and cost me almost $400.

4D scan at $150net (include, CD and scan photo. if bb not cooperative on that day, you can come back again for scan at no extra cost. Scan is best done during 26-28 weeks but can be extend the most to 32 weeks.)

The link: http://www.radlink.com.sg/

I have made my appt on 15 Oct, Monday. So excited!!!

@ Canopy, mil will ask us if not enough cos she buy to cook for family then #2 meal will be just a little.. She will not put alot inside.

@ Tres, only for #2. #1, I take care on my own after her cc.

@ freesia, yet try the class thus keeping fingers cross..hehehhee.

@ friends, mine dont have toys from them.. Food normally is from my pocket. mil is good toward bil cos her precious son. most good food he will take.

Once we asked her to help boil tonic soup with cordeceps.. guess what she secretly poured the soup into 2 cups (500ml),I found out when I saw the cups covered with bowls and flipped it to see. Hubby told her to boil concentrated then effect will be there cos she always make the soup diluted.. I was not happy cos Hubby used hard earned monies to buy those stuff. i admit I am selfish, I ok to share with hub and my gal but not willing to share with bil and sil cos they also very calculative. Nw I pass the stuff to my mum to boil

nickole - my boy went for weekend classes only.
now i find he is very good in his speech etc and i stopped. moreover tummy big already cannot run with him.

ya i notice many are not first time mummies in this thread
happy.gif

thanks Bliss, I'm currentl giving my mum $750 for #1, not sure if I should increase the $$ too, after #2?
Like I say, will be getting a maid for her.. so that works out to be additional $600 for me to pay her salary & Levy wor! siong leh!

@bliss: my inlaws will do the same thing (boil and keep for BIL & hubby) for all herbal soup and my mum will keep for my dad and brothers so now I will boil myself. Me too, don't mind sharing with hubby but not BIL. Lol.

Fullhouse/ Friends/ Bliss /Snowger / Fuzzylove / Canopyhaze / Nic

kole
Thanks
happy.gif
Hubby always say i 'jia ba eng' (too free) that why can spend time doing all these.
I told him the scrap book will be our memories when the
gers married off in future.

Maybe influence by me, i do see him snapping photo of the gers more often with his phone.

Fullhouse,
Mine will be a 3 days 2 nights stay. My 2 gers will be with my mum n they will be staying over at my mum's place for the 1st night. Hubby will fetch them home n stay with them on 2nd night. I am still trying to convince them to stay with my mum cos they have never leave me since born.
Both were telling me they want to wait at the hospital corridoor for me n baby while papa accompany me into OT. Dun know to laugh or to cry.

Bliss,
I think my $500 is too little. But we will give her allowance separately. We will also bring bb home every night.
1 thing good abt my mil is she is not calculative abt money n has never ask us for it. But we will just give her every month.

Nickole,
My Gynae will always want me to book the hospital once 20 weeks. Booking of the bed is subject to availability at the point of admissions.
2 weeks before due then he will issue the admissions letter to state if it is normal birth or csect. Mine confirm csect cos previous 2 csect so he went ahead n book for me.

My boss was asking if i will be clearing all 4 months ML at 1 go. Just check with my HR, if i leave 1 month ML, it will be converted into 20 days of vl (they call it fexi ML)
Is it worth it? or should i just clear all 4 month at 1 go?

hi all..

had been busy at work.. lost track liao.. haha...
hpe everyone's fine..

bblove, i will be clearing 4 mths at 1 go.. so is not so disruptive at work for myself and to my colleagues.. coz i ever have colleague taking fexi ML.. it's kind of disruptive to us.. opps...

BBLove,
my elder boy waited along the corridor while i gave birth to #2. It happened that I was having my 38 week check up and was 5cm dilated already. Need to go labour ward immediately coz my gynae said that I will due in 2 hours time. Initially I asked my hb to send him back home first then come to the hosptial again..lucky I changed my mind. #2 just come out within 0.5 hr when i was in the labour ward.

Btw, i am expecting another boy. HB was saying..wow so many lovers in your previous life hor...LOL

bblove, for my #1, I left with 10 day of ML (convert of flexi time). but I feel that once you start going back to work, it very disruptive to take 1 or 2 days kind, plus you have to see coll and boss face colour, so my suggestion is to take full 16 weeks unless you have special arrangement in mind after your ML.

Have fun Lin!!

BBLove, 1 mth of ML includes sat & sun so if take all at a go, HR will calculate it as 28 days. Take staggered, will be 20 working days. For my no 1, i took 3 mths and when I returned to work, I work 4 days per week taking ML on mondays unless there's urgent meeting. This time round will be taking straight 4 mths (Boss hinted she prefers this way and already gotten contract staff for the 4 mths). Anyway i'm more than happy cos I can spend more time with my kids.

L3x, good luck to your detailed scan
happy.gif

@ friends.. hehehehe

@ bblove, both your girls are so sweet, wanting to wait for mummy and bb = )

Hub still gives $400 allowance to mil. Well, that his monies so i shall not interfer.

Maternity leave (to take 16 weeks at one shot or not)
My boss is asking me whether would i take 12 weeks / 16 weeks ML. I told him that I will take 12 weeks then the remaining I will take flexi. Reason: Intend to take 1 week of ML to go for holiday with #1 and the rest to bring bb for vaccinations / in case mil wants to go out does her own things.

@ BP, hhehehe.. lucky u changed ur mind if not ur hub will not be able to see the delivery of your son if he sent #1 back.

@ L3x, enjoy ur detailed scan = )

@ Tres, if u employ a maid then no need to increase the monies. Having additional hands is better than $$

Taking care of bb on our own during ML

Still wondering whether can I manage on my own alone with #2 at hm during ML.. Also wondering should ask mil to help since she be quitting her job...

maternity leave
I am contemplating to take 4mths straight if not, 3Mths first, then the remaining month is used to work 4 days a week. See first if we can cope at home before i decide. Anyway, my boss is quite flexible.
And i will be travelling for biz till 30wks. Should be ok right since my gynae says he can give me till wk36.

bliss : just had a discussion with hubby regarding the arrangement on who will be taking care of the kids when i am back to work after maternity leave.

He will be asking mil to come and stay with us for at least 1 or 2 years till #2 is old enough to go to school. Hopefully she is agreeable to it.
My mil has been helping out with his brother's kids (from sunday nite to friday nite) for the past 1yr since their 2nd kid is born. She will be back on fri nite or sat morning, or whenever we need help since hubby's time is more flexible. But now, i think we really need help with the 2nd one coming alone. MIL has already promised to help during my confinement to take care of #1 together with our maid, while hubby & i take care of #2. We are hoping that she can take care of #2 with the help of our maid, when i am back to work.

canophyhaze,
you still travelling? i suppose to go for 1 biz trip in Geramny @30week. Decided not to go coz i dont i am able to take long haul flight. Lucky my boss respect my decision and ask my colleague to attend the meeting on my behalf.

btw, my first trip after giving birth will be in Japan. i am not sure if the radiation will affact bf?

@ sweetdream, oh i missed out replying u. Mil and my mum are working.. As mil will be qutting her job, not sure she ok to cook anot as u know dil and daughter has different treatments

@ tres, thanks gal.. Hope to sail thru it = )

@ canopy, oh u still need to travel til 30 weeks, that is tough cos ur tummy will be very very big by then.

Glad ur mil is good to help out. Your hubby will have a way to persuade her = )

@ BP, best to seek doctor advise with regards to the radiation..

BP/Bliss/Tres : yes, travelling on 30Oct to Taipei, then 07Nov to Xiamen, China. I have told Dr Tseng, he says will write letter for me. Hubby hopes that i don't need to travel liao, cos he still my tummy is getting bigger. I have stopped travelling for the past 2mths due to my ops. So must travel liao.

Anyone still driving? Has told hubby that i will stop driving at the end of this month after my carpark is due as each payment is quarterly. Hubby has agreed to send me to & fro work starting Oct. And might be taking 1wk's leave when hubby goes to Australia in End Oct as no one is sending me to work :p

@ canopy, wow good ur hubby so good .. dotes on u and he is a hand on dad.

Men
Does yours prefer to watch tv and do his own things just like before kids come along? Will be buay soing if never watch tv prog.. TV box addiction!!!

The reason why I decided to not go for that trip is because for the past 2 months, once I laid on the bed to rest, both side of my pelvis will become very painful and aching that it will lead me have difficulty to get up the bed. Even though that travelling to Euro will biz class but I think I will have a hard time sleep in the plane and the weather will be cold by that time. I can’t fit in to any of my coat. Tummy is also getting bigger and suffering from backache as well.

blissing,
ya, it will be better to ask doc for the radiation. I also duno how to handle bf when travelling..pump out and throw away?

bliss : yes, hubby is quite a darling.

My hubby doesn't watch tv, but he will surf internet. So not facing the situation that you've mentioned. But at times he will be carried away doing his stuffs on the net or replying emails, but when i call him, he will respond or help me.

Driving
I'm still driving, and will be driving all the way! I'm sahm and kid's transport depends on me. isn't it easier to drive than take public transport? I told hb I feel pitiful if I have to flag down a cab with two kids in tow.

LM
No I didn't. I tried the English with my boy but he didn't take too much to it so I stopped and dis more dot cards with him. Ahh think I lost my GD book Liao.

Infant crawling track
I got a second hand one from the forum! It's the original one and very lightweight. But I sold it after #2 started crawling. But a friend promised to lend me hers this time round!

Hi,

I have signed up for the pre-natal classes with TMC but I have forgotten the dates for my classes. I tried finding the receipt or documents that were given to me during the registration but I forgotten where I put them. Super forgetful recent... I just received my First Born Incentives card via mail recently. Anyone know if I can use this card to check back with the counter? or anywhere I can check on the dates of classes?

@Fullhouse, no, im visiting Mt A hosp visit this Saturday. Have visited TMC. Am concerned if the constructions work @ Mt A will be too loud?

Driving,
Infact I just started driving! Haha stopped for few years but because I have to send n fetch #1 to school I took over the car from this week onwards! Will drive till #2 out bah... Hub was laughing at me that I might have to drive myself tithe hospital when I wanna give birth...

Like Fullhouse mentioned, it's really difficult to flag a cab with kids and all the barang barang!! Especially now with a tummy!

Fullhouse, u staying in yishun? Maybe we can meet for breakfast! Haha my boy now goes to cc half day, I'm free in the morning! Hahaha I stay in AMK

Canopy, take care when u travel! 30th week tummy should be quite big! And ur hubby really very nice!

Watching tv
My hubby is always very tired.. He normally fall asleep in front of the tv..

Hello ladies, I have MIA for quite awhile. My company block SMH so I cannot log in during office hours.

Talk about travelling, last week on my way back from BKK, I was questioned by the stewardess. Luckily, I have the letter from my Gynae indicating that I'm fit to travel. My tummy balloon so much for the past few weeks, I look more like I'm in my 3rd trimester.

I am still driving to work, I intend to drive till end Nov. My due date is 4th Jan, likely to have scheduled c-section by end Dec.

BBLove, u so fast book your mount A room liao. My gynae never ask me leh...
Tigress, why you don't want to c sec in Jan13. Then you BB will be the dragon among the snakes not so challenging and competitive mah...
I purposely plan to avoid 2012 and try for 2013 dragon. Keke

So happy to see my lil one ysterday!
Weighing 900g at 24 weeks.. I checked online that she is suppose to weigh about 600g but my gynae say 900g is normal.. so i also dunno which is right. Anyone else at 24 weeks and know baby's weight?

Anyway, am at TPS at KK and i requested a copy of the detail scan for scrapbooking and the gynae passed me a copy.no charge. Just in case any of u also interested.

@ hammiebao, mine tire but will still watch tv.. Watching TV not a chore for him.. lol

@ canopy, so long he responds to yoou then it alright = )

Yiping 900g is very heavy right? Mine 20weeks at 328g only... 4 weeks difference can be so much?

Bliss, sometime very irritated like have to kick hub's ass to make him do work!

Back