(2013/01) Jan 2013

Hi piscean, Canopyhaze, bliss ling and LM,
Thanks for the explanations and advices.
I am still considering cos my confinement will cross CNY and then it's cost $3600 for freelance CL. But for PEM agency, it's $3k plus $160 levy. I find that it's v costly. So still considering.
Do you have any recommendation?

Btw, have you all started on any cordyceps tonics now? Heard that can start to bu on 2nd trimester.

morning everyone!!

diapers
cant get too many oso as duno how big ur bb is and bb outgrown it v fast. so cat keep stock

mittens and booties
need alot..i usually change once it is dirty/ wet. as sometimes they vomit after milk or burp or even saliva. so 1 day uses many sets

wy:: i tink smtimes certain money cannot save de.. the $3.6k will be worth it. esp whn this is yr firstborn.
if u do not hv a reliable recommendation, then go to the agency.

mummies, guess what?? I called up TMC enquiry abt confinement nanny... Guess what is the price??? drum roll......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is 3.5K .. oh gosh

wy,

I asked abt PEM...Hoping to take the one which end before 2/2.. when is your edd? I looking for one too cos mil not willing to do it for me cos she told my hub that i am a person who cant let go of things and must do it my way.

Well, to be frank, it things done the right way, why would i insist on my way. I been to pre-natal class and was taught the right way .. doesnt mean their old method is right / wrong too ..

Like yst i was asking my hubby what time #1 drank milk after nap. He feels that I am questioning him when i probe to ask " how come never drink milk immed after nap as per routine".. well that lead to a big argument..

Ya bliss, that's why I am re considering to get CL or not. Actually I felt that it's also depends on luck. Cos some CL are good some are not. Haiz. In a dilemma. Read lots of complaints abt some CL. Know that there are good ones out there.
I am not a nasty person but I have some expectations on cleanliness. Hehe. Esp particular on the cleanliness of the kitchen.

Bliss_ling, tmc confinement ladies - does that mean they are locals or also from malaysia?

Am still waiting for my turn for oscar. It's gonna be a long wait. Almost fell off chair kooning.
happy.gif

wy, i also not a nasty person..same i feel for cleanliness and hygience.

batikid, do u have an appt / walk in? how long u been waiting? take a walk ard the clinic. Close eyes to rest for awhile.

I think nannies from both...u can go to parentcraft to check it up.. can only confirm in Nov 12.

hi mummies, i'm getting kan cheong. My #1 CL just notify me a couple of days to say she cant do for me. Now looking for another one. Most of my friend's recommendations are booked till feb! argh..

Wanna ask, should i take the recommended CL's friend (some ask if wan them to ask ard their friends) or go to agency? I'm just worried if i take their friends, dunno if it's good anot.

Few comments to add on from ah bui's post.
happy.gif

milk bottles> after delivery, ask for some milk samples from hospital. As many as possible. In case not enough breast milk at the start, can open the samples to feed baby. No need to go buy milk powder coz have to finish the tin within 1 month from opening.

newborn diapers> recommend mamy poko and pampers.
happy.gif
if ur baby can take cheaper brands, pet pet is actually quite ok.

clothes> opp guan yin temple at waterloo street. There's a shop selling baby's clothes and clothes, etc. beside toilet. E.g. walk out of temple, u face this building. Go to the building, walk all the way to the left end. First floor. The newborn clothes are quite okay. 100% Cotton and cooling. Can go see see.

bath-tub> I heard mt A gave bath tub after delivery. TMC dun have.

wet-wipes> Can get kodomo wet wipes from watson. Wait for the sale. buy 10 get 1 free. each pkt is $2. so it's $20 for 11 wet wipes. I buy by cartons for #1. haha!

nappy rash cream> agree with ah bui, desitin is good. can get from oversea sprees or bulk purchase.

mittens/booties> get as many set as the clothes. I change like minimum twice daily, esp the mittens.

hi gals, on two days MC and so many posts... i suppose to update table? keke... I do tmr can? paiseh uh... busy at work clearing the backlog!!!
sad.gif

Shice, I took friend's CL's friend recommendation. Very long relationship hor? My friend's CL cannot do for me but she recommended her so-called good friend whom she claimed to be equally good. No choice, I have approached so many and all turned me down... Then this one, I chit chat over the phone sounds ok, rate normal (after checking with most of the ladies) so I took the risk... Can only hope she is good...

Shice, wy, bliss: I personally think going to a cl agency is better and guarantee that u will have a cl when u delivered. Most freelance cl likes to pull this trick of can't make it the very last min, and u got no choice but to take their recommendation of replacement cl whom they will claim as their friend. In actual fact, they actually accept a lot of assignments before that and "sub" it out when the edd is near to earn commission. I kenna that when having #1, I booked an experienced cl thru my friend's recommendation more than 6mths before my edd, and the cl called me 2wks before my edd to inform that her mil is sicked and can't leave M'sia and
she gotta to take care of her. and she highly recommended her friend who is an experienced cl to do for me, I got no choice but to accept. It turned out that the cl was crap!!!! So I learnt my lesson and told myself to go thru agency next time. But this time however, hubby, mil and my maid have offered to help so we are not going to look for cl.

Just to add on to Canophyhaze's post on CL from agency. PEM Agency offers immediate replacement if you r not happy with their CL. I think it's good, at least no need to bear with the CMI people.

bliss : my edd 22 jan 2013.
i have the same thought as you. i prefer things to do it my way. hahah..

canopyhaze : oh ya hor, u reminded me of those horrible stories. so freelance cl is out.

actually prefer singaporean, but very difficult to find.

bliss_ling, u called TMC, I just called the tmc no given in a confinement nanny adv, they tell me duno.. must come for briefing at 9am on friday!!!! 3.5k is crazy

@ wy, my edd is 20 Jan 2012.. lol
ya lor plus all of us are born as individual so what wrong with her having some expectation that will not kill another party. Not as those life and death lor..

@ friend and canopy, true better get from agency.. last min play out sure headache.

@ icyjo, yes, i called before noon and the lady who took down my details told me to wait for news cos nw on waiting list but then Nov then they will call to say have or not.. wont it be too late by then..

Finally finish my oscar - 4 hrs wait. Starving already.

I also stay in west. Count me in if meetup for west side. All this talk abt confinment ladies is making me jumpy. Planning to call PEM once oscar test results r out.

btw, i had come across other forums mentioning that for some of the mummies that had failed the oscar test, they will go to Camden center to do another oscar scan which is more clearer, and from that result, the camden center doc will advise to proceed or not to proceed with amino test.
I think the camden center test costs about S$300plus.

hi, hope i din miss out any info.

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae Name</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>BB Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Allyfan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>clumsyhumpy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jan</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Lizzie_grace</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD>Dr C K Toh</TD><TD>Mt A/TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Friends78</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>LDG</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Daisybuttons</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Tigress</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>6-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>BTMY</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Parkway East/Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Icydolphin</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Shice</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Babybabylew</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Herma</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Cheese84</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>SupriseBaby</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Clifford Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Crystaljc</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Babylon</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>10-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Marilyn Teo</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Tracy Lim Tow Yung Clinic</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Luckymummy11</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Whitecookies</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Fong Chuan wee</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Koms20</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Celia</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Quek Swee Chong</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Steanie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Azqtigger</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Verre</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim/Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Nashita</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Aspialle</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Tres</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Rugirly</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Syyy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>betterworld</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>4season</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Jojo90</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Snowhopes</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Chipsnchops</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A/Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Jesus_beloveddaughter</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>18-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Canopyhaze</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>19-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Wenyl</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>19-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Angeliqueous</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Sheila Loh</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Bliss ling</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>dino1709</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A/Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>emmie77</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Purple rain</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Mommy G</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Piggy_mum</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Devandra</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Geri</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Woolala</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Josky</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC/Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Wygum</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Jan</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>junior_jj</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Karen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt A/TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Clewlezz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Celine_040</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Sim L.N</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Pauline</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Cordelia Ian</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Jo Jo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>24-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Ho H K</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>Happybirthday</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Gem_tan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>Xaramama</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Shamini</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>piyoz</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Mrs_R</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Devandra</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>s_loh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Jan</TD><TD>Dr PK Tan</TD><TD>TMC/Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>Nimkulut</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>27-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>pearl</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>27-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Genrin</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>jumbobo</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>Dr john yam</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>66</TD><TD>Mimosa2002</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>29-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Heng TL</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>67</TD><TD>L3x</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Andelina Wong</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>68</TD><TD>Hammiebao</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr SH Kee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>69</TD><TD>Dragonmui 2013</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Teoh Seng Hin &amp; Dr Lim Teck Beng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>70</TD><TD>Mummydt</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>31-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Update: 18 July 12</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Batkid: my hubby has bought the cordyceps from eu Yan sang for abt 1k after disc 3wk ago after my ops. Will brew it next month when I am better as am drinking alot of herbal soups for healing my scar.

re: formula milk powder
actually lucky for me for the first born..wv a pair of twins, 2 mouths, my FM definitely get polished up really fast. so.. r we really supposed to.. or do u all really throw away unfinished milk powder aft 1mth of opening?

canopy:: hehehe.. anyways.. spore still very tiny. so if hv chance..anywhr soo can meet la. lalala~

im working at shenton way area most of the time.. sometimes at suntec. prolly some of us, working in town, can arrg for lunchie too?

syyy:: dun mention.. if we can.. we share.. we're all learning oso. :)

re: oscar
my appt wv NUH is abt 4:50pm tmr.. juz asked if i can go earlier (like say 2-3ish) n can hopefully be u/s earlier.. cos need to pick my girls frm childcare by 6pm mah. hmmm~ they say they will be busy. sai lar!

re: tmc nanny / cl service,
was there on sat n enquired abt this too. the receptionist told me normal is 2.8k, if peak (eg cross CNY) will b abt 3.6k. Now a lot on waiting list. their practise is 3 mth before edd, they will call to confirm again if u need the CL. If yes, ok proceed w paper work etc. If not, they proceed to call the next person in the list...
personally, I think if go to CL agency will be better cos can confirm the placement earlier and any unhappiness can also get replacement.

re: detailed scan,
anyone alreayd book appt for detailed scan at TMC?

re: frequency of gynae visit
how often are ur gynae visit? bwt 1st n 2nd appt (during 1st trim) gynae only wann c me 4wk interval. &amp; now 2nd to 3rd appt, he say see me after my detailed scan. FYI i'm currenly only wk13, so meaning to say, the gap to my next gynaw appt is abt 7 wk!! is it usual to be so long a gap for the check up ar??

courgeous81,
yup i understand is norm 1 mth gap... but how come now 3rd appt is almost 2 mth gap wo... tot usually 1 mth... can drag so long then check ar? miss seeing bb leh ldiat...

Hi MTB!
New here!

Very surprised that this is a very active forum!

My EDD is end Jan 2013, this is my 2nd child.
Had been taking jab weekly and last week was my last jab!! That also confirmed that I am in stable condition to participate here now.
happy.gif

Why Jab? I lost one last year, so to prevent same thing reoccurring , gynae wanted to jab though this seemed to be a healthy baby.

Hope to know you all better!

happy.gif

My details:
Baby #2
EDD: 20 Jan 2013
Dr Peter Chew
GlenEagles

@ Jo, hhumm.. i was telling the lady at tmc that mine may not cross CNY and she quoted me 3.5K.. still trying to digest it.

cordyceps,
Hubby bought it for $635+ for just that less than 12 peices of cordyceps from ZTP. MIL was "Jumping" .. asked why buy so ex cos can go to Bugis to buy. I told her we not sure whether the shop is selling the true cordyceps anot since our is reputable shop and guess they will not try to do anything funny to tarnish the name.

Hubby told her that can improve bb lung and fall sick is lesser. For #1, never drink any tonic soup. MIL knows but never boil / advise. haizz.. She used to boil some of it for her own children. So called for unfair treatment

canopyhaze, wah ur experience during #1 sounds bad! hope we all dun kana this kind of cl.

I have been asking ard friends and calling CLs for the past few hours. Found one recommended CL who is available -- finally! It's from my fren's fren and she even paid her 1k ang bao after her job. i think i'm quite convinced by the ang bao amt. lol. charge me $2k and doesn't take deposit. sounds abit too good to be true hor?

re: formula milk
I try to pump out as much as i can to meet demand. only sometimes need to use the samples from hospital. so din really need to use formula milk. i know some pple dun need, then sell or give away before the expiry date. better than waste the milk powder to throw away.

During my first trimester, I went for gynae check-up every 3 weeks. Now into 2nd trimester is 4 weeks interval.

Likewise for milk powder for pregnant mothers, there's a note to advise to discard the can after 3 weeks from opening. Haven't been drinking the recommended dosage (twice daily). Only once daily hence thinking to throw away or continue drinking.

Regarding abt CL,
u can consider GPLS which is reliable.
http://www.gplsconfinementnanny.com.sg/

I also have a few good CL whom might still be available.

For those who are giving birth to mid/end Jan,might consider shortening ur confinement days and do the remaining days urself. Some CLs do not want to cross CNY. Plus it's much more ex crossing CNY.

I managed to persuade my old CL to do 2-3weeks for me before CNY.

happy.gif

Shice: yup, mine was quite bad. Still wanted us to celebrate her birthday for her. And her menses soiled my guestroom bed, until hubby gotta throw away the mattress! She can't really cook, only good thing was she could do basic cl stuffs eg bathe, and change bb. She didn't even wake up for night feeds! And bb wasn't sleeping with her. Best part, she chased all my friends and guests away at the door when they came to visit! Telling them that I need to rest! She spent time watching Tv in my living room! The original cl called me to check how it went! Told her my bad experience, and she immediately claimed that she didn't know her "friend" well, just her friend's friend, not what she said when she recommended her to me! So I would advise to go to agency to have a cl, not happy still can change.

Canopyhaze, wah your previous CL so happening! Did u send her back earlier or she stayed thru the 28 days? I heard of many cases of lazy ones but never on one who will chase guests away. Very daring...

Btw, what's the market rate for CL's first day Ang Bao? Thks.

jo, when is ur detailed scan? is it becos of the late detailed scan, tts why doc ask u to see him after the scan, which span to ard 7 weeks gap?

I hv my oscar on 28 june, and my detailed scan on 28 aug. But in bet, i will be seeing him on 3 aug for a normal chkup.. maybe u can chk with ur gynae if u can see him earlier for a chk up before the detailed scan?

courgeous81,
i din go oscar then my last appt was on 14th July. he only say to proceed book detailed scan then will see me after the detailed scan.
my detailed scan will be at wk20 on 30 Aug. so from 14th Jul to 30th Aug = no appt for check. during the recent check he commented all is ok. hmm... all is gd then can so long gap de ar??

on CL,

ya, for me i also took the easy way out! Got my CL to do for me 3 weeks and the remaining days, I will get my mum or MIL to cook for me so that we both (me &amp; CL) can enjoy CNY too plus I dun need to incur CNY fees too!

<table border=1><tr><td>No</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae Name</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>BB Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Allyfan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>clumsyhumpy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1-Jan</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Lizzie_grace</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD>Dr C K Toh</TD><TD>Mt A/TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Friends78</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>LDG</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Wendy</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Daisybuttons</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>5-Jan</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Tigress</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>6-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>BTMY</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>Parkway East/Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Icydolphin</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Shice</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>7-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Babybabylew</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Herma</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Cheese84</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>SupriseBaby</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>8-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Clifford Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Crystaljc</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Babylon</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>10-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Lisa Chin</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Marilyn Teo</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Tracy Lim Tow Yung Clinic</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Luckymummy11</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Whitecookies</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>12-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Fong Chuan wee</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Koms20</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>13-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Celia</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Quek Swee Chong</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Steanie</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Azqtigger</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr L N Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Verre</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim/Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Nashita</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>14-Jan</TD><TD>Dr K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Canopyhaze</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>19-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Aspialle</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Tres</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Rugirly</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>15-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Syyy</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>betterworld</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Bblove</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>16-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>4season</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Jojo90</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Snowhopes</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Chipsnchops</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A/Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Ctrus</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>17-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Jesus_beloveddaughter</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>18-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Wenyl</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>19-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Angeliqueous</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Sheila Loh</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Bliss ling</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>dino1709</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A/Mt E</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Sylvia</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>20-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>emmie77</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Purple rain</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Chen Li Han</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>Mommy G</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Piggy_mum</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Devandra</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Geri</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Woolala</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>21-Jan</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Josky</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC/Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Wygum</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>22-Jan</TD><TD>Dr S F Loh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>junior_jj</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Karen</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt A/TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Clewlezz</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Celine_040</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Sim L.N</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>Pauline</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>23-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Cordelia Ian</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Jo Jo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>24-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Ho H K</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>Happybirthday</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>Gem_tan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Xaramama</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Shamini</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>piyoz</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>25-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>Mrs_R</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Devandra</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>s_loh</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>26-Jan</TD><TD>Dr PK Tan</TD><TD>TMC/Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Nimkulut</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>27-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Lee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>pearl</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>27-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>66</TD><TD>Genrin</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>67</TD><TD>jumbobo</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>28-Jan</TD><TD>Dr john yam</TD><TD>Gleneages</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>68</TD><TD>Mimosa2002</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>29-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Heng TL</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>69</TD><TD>L3x</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Andelina Wong</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>70</TD><TD>Hammiebao</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr SH Kee</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>71</TD><TD>Dragonmui 2013</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>30-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Teoh Seng Hin &amp; Dr Lim Teck Beng</TD><TD>Mount A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>72</TD><TD>Mummydt</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>31-Jan</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>Update: 18 July 12</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

friend : i tahan till 28days. I gave 100 each on 1st &amp; last day for angbao.

talking abt cl, i got one more bad experience.
My good friend was looking for a cl for his wife, so i recommended the cl whom my hubby's cousin has used for her 2 bbs. This cl confirmed with my friend but later called to inform she cant make it as she has double booked and wanted my friend to take her friend. My friend eventaully didn't take it, and i helped them to find one cl thru PEM agency 2 mths before edd. Luckily was able to get one for them.
Then i thought maybe just coincidence, so intro this CL to my 2 other friends who kenna play out by the cl. So i will always advise people to go to agency.

Jo, ya, perhaps, based on the last scan, everything is fine, so that he asked you to see him later? Is urs under package? Maybe the package limits the no of visits to him... if u r worried, u can always go and see him for a scan in between, to have a peace of mind.
happy.gif

sylvia : i chin chay, and moreover hubby n i were 1st time parent and with no maid. And mil was helping with my sis-in-law who has given birth 2mths before me. So really need whatever help we could get at that time.

This time round, is different story, cos i got a gd maid who is with us since march, hubby &amp; I are more hands on, and mil is coming to staying over for a few months to help out so don't want to engage a cl as more people will make things worst. And also because of our bad expereience with the previous cl.

Back