(2012) TTC for #1 2012 Mums!

Hi all..... Been busy recently... Just drop by... Last week I try to posted but always error -.-!

How have u been? Starrie n siu ping: yup I'm also trying not to use opk this cycle....
Just got my AF yesterday.... Today have to ask the dr if I still need to take clomid.... Is it needed to take it every cycle?

How about HSG when we are need to do that? Any idea?
Mrs. Carice: how long you've been to gynea until he ask u to do HSG? Or u asking by yourself?

Baby: gut luck.... Hope it will success
Zura: yeahhh see lots preggy women feels so much stress

Thanks nb01 for updating the table
happy.gif

Hi everyone! Have a happy Monday! To all newcomers, do not despair. This is the place to express urself cos I know no one outside really cares much or can understand our feelings. Do not worry. Our turn will come in God's time!

I m waiting for my AF now. Due nxt tues. I hope it either takes a long holiday or come on time at least so tat I can start my next Clomid cycle.

Hope to hear good news from ladies in TWW!

Ladies : Good morning

San2 : i dont really remember how long then dr recommend for HSG. you may check with him when your next visit. your problem also pcos ?

What i know after my HSG , i strike liao.

<font color="green">
morning ladies, it been a while i come here..
how's everyone...hope u ladies till remember me
the thread is way to long for me to read..

congrats to those graduated...
welcome newcomers

will try to stay active once again...

</font>

baby - your sinseh is very precise in pointing out your prob which is very good. I wonder how he can tell that one side of your ovary is not working fine, through pulse-reading?

zura - welcome, we r here to learn from each other.

happygolucky - u r in 2ww too, let's shoo our AF far far away.

sjx - Where have you been? Miss u leh. When are u gng to see TCM again?

Most of my friends who are married have given birth to their first child and they are stressing on me about when am I going to get pregnant.

It is rather depressing to hear this everytime when I meet them. When we are going out together, they are always discussing about their babies and stuff. Of course i remained cool and in my heart noone knows.

They kept telling me to try harder and its easier said than done. Most of my friends are those who conceived within a few months after marriage. What I can see that it is quite easy for them to conceive right away and some even on their way to give birth to their 2nd child.

I hope by joining this forum I would be able to learn some new things like when is the best time BD and stuff.

I know that it will happen when we least expect it but it is difficult for me to not think about this at all...
sad.gif

Morning ladies!!! It has been sometime since I log in .... How's everyone?

Congrats to those who have graduated!

Am supposed to monitor my O days thru opk since last week but I have been getting only 1 faint line every time I test and have not been having much CM. Very saddening. Ytd decided not to test cos dont want to see the single faint line again but then realised that my liners was quite wet by my CM. Wonder if that is also a sign of my O day.

zura - we know how u feel coz we are all in the same situation whereby ppl who can conceive easily will not understand us. My frds around my age have 2 schooling kids already, so u roughly can gauge my age..haha... Now, lesser ppl are asking me already, they probably tot I have given up hope and remain childless.

Not to think abt this issue is lying, everyday I will think about it. I will not stress myself further to try to ignore it. It just come naturally, I just hope that I can think lesser about my m/c. So far I still cannot stop thinking abt it, everyday it will just come to me like marking attendance hahaha... Maybe my little angel wants me to remember him/her, if that's the case I shall then
happy.gif

Life is not smooth-sailing I know but when can I set sail successfuly to enjoy the coastal view watching magnificant sunset with my DH?

Chloie, which CD are u in? Keep testing until u get +ve and give it a full force to BD-ing. Nearer to O day can actually start to BD on alt day.

Zura> Understand how you feel. *hug hug* Everyone around me &amp; my hb has been telling us to quickly have a bb. Only with a bb then a family will be complete. But I'm a hen that just cant lay eggs lei. But dont worry! This place is for us to encourage each other right? *nudge Coyote*

Coyote> Today is CD 15! Got to test later! Die die also must test. Alot of rules to follow lei. Cant drink too much water 2 hours b4 testing. But I usually drink a mouthful of water every 30 mins. And got to hold the urine 2 hrs b4 testing isit? Abit hard lei.......

Coyote and Chloie,

yeah we are all in the same boat. Only you ladies can understand how I feel right now. *hugs to all sweet ladies here*

Btw, what's 2ww and CD? sorry Im noob in this =)

hello &amp; jia you everyone!we all definitely need the strong emotional support from everyone here
happy.gif

btw, i kept reading about having to chart our temperature to know when ovulating. i have tried for a wk, are the temperatures suppose to fluctuate and not constant? mine,some days up, some days down (nthg above 36.3).

coyote> Sorry to ask this but at which week did you have your m/c? Look on the bright side! You got to move on. I know it's easier to say than to be done. You got to think positively!
In our heart, there is this little corner which is always occupied by our little angel, who is watching over us from above. I still tear when I think of my little girl, whenever I open the cupboard which are filled with her stuffs. But once the tears dry up, I am back to my normal self. So I avoid going to those cupboards as much as I can. LOL!

Zura> 2WW is 2 weeks wait. It is the days after your O day and before your period. CD is calender day. CD 1 is referring to the first day of your AF. Have you start on your folic acid?

Mrs. Carice: i've gone to see him just now... he suggested me to do the HSG at paragon... so scary...

Chloie: don't be sad.... God will give us really beautiful in the right time...

I remembered somebody had HSG before? any idea how does it feels? really painful?

san2 : ai yo never see u again ... i going there later for jab ... no worry abt hsg .... just relax ... wish you luck ....

HSG is mild pain like menses cramp ...

Chloie - CD15 already better start testing from tonday. I also find it difficult to hold the bladder for 2 hrs. What I did was making use of the traveling journey after work which is about 1.5hrs so I test once I reach home before 8pm daily.

I had m/c in June, I was 7wks + then. Got heartbeat on wk 6 but wk 7 suddenly see red and quickly rush to gynae. Did a scan and found that heartbeat is slowing down, gynae gave me a jab in hope to help. But next day everything flushed out naturally.

*pinch Chloie cheeks...hehehe*

Zura - 2ww is 2wks wait after Ovulation. CD is cycle day.

lyn - mine always fluctuate but it is the pattern that we want to see. The surge over coverline is when u have ovulated. U can see my chart to spot the ovualation, hopefully URL is working:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28268d

SJX, Welcome back! Miss you!
happy.gif
Any updates for us? Hee...

Chloie, CD15 is still quite early if your cycles are long. Continue testing OPK and jia you!

Hoping to hear good news from those in 2ww (coyote, Happy and peapea)! May this month be super good!

Welcome to the newcomers, zura and lyn!

Chloie: Thanks for explaining. I have been taking Folic Acid for almost 2 months but i do sometimes forget to take it in the morning.

I am also taking Vitamin E currently. It says on the bottle that it helps in the reproduction system. So not sure whether it helps or not.

Thinking of buying my hubby the zinc supplement from GNC. anybody's hubby taking it?

The Dictionary:

AF = Aunt Flo (period)
BFN = Big Fat Negative (preg test)
BFP = Big Fat Positive
CD = cycle day
DPO = days past ovulation
BBT = basal body temperature
CM = cervical mucus
EWCM = Eggwhite cervical mucus
BD = "baby dance" (sex)
HPT = Home pregnancy test
LRD = longan red date tea
LMP = Last menstrual period
OPK = Ovulation predictor kit
2WW = two-week wait (after ovulation and before period is supposed to come)

coyote> *Ouch* My fat chubby cheek in pain. LOL!
You take 1.5hrs to travel home! Siong lei. Past weeks have been going for swimming so I cant really hold my bladder well. Kept going to pee. Even after the swim, I feel myself leaking pee. I wonder what happened. But wont be going to swim for the next 2-3 weeks cos the sinseh whom I visit for acupuncture warn me not to go swim anymore otherwise no matter how much I get poked also no use. I know what 3 mths after a m/c, d&amp;c, labour, a lady will be very fertile. I wish you good luck this month!!!!!!!

nb01> My CD very difficult to track. I can have so-so regular period for 2 mths then the 3rd mth, my AF will MIA. This has been going on for the past 9 months. I tested during lunch time, still a single faint line.
sad.gif

Corrs> Keep it up! I can forget about my FA for days. LOL!

Chloie - U cute then I pinch u hor, I don't anyhow pinch ppl one..muhaha. How about testing after lunch, at least u can have 1 hour of pee..hehe. My journey home is abt 1hr odd, plus i dilly-dally or buy snack then can drag to 1.5hrs loh.

Corrs - nope, hubby not taking zinc from pills. He take from oysters like oyster egg or taiwanese mee sua with oysters.

Coyote> Thanks lei! I'm cute! Wahahahahahahahahaha!
Ooh! Will go test in a while again. Hungry again. Boring Monday.......

Corrs> My hb is currently taking Immuvital Softgels with Korean and Siberian Ginseng extract [I think so]. My gyne wants him to take it.

Mrs. Carice: we always missed seeing each other... hahaha next time will see

Coyote: is oyster good for women also? coz i love oyster so much...

Chloie: where to get the ginseng softgel? think my DH needs too

San2 : today the clinic v quiet. Either too many pp at one go if not nlv quiet . Hope one day we can say hello to one another.

When u do hsg?

san2 - zinc is gd for women too, check out the supplements gd for us below.

Sometime ago someone mentioned that wild yam is good to increase our progesterone. Anyone knows is this wild yam the same as what we can get at market?

Supplements
----------------
There is now a great deal of scientific knowledge about the use of nutritional supplements and their beneficial effects on both male and female fertility. As you will see, these supplements can be very effective in re-balancing your hormones, as well as improving you and your partner's overall health, which are so vital for successful conception.

Supplements are necessary because even the best diet in the world will not contain all the nutrients you need to give you the best chance of conceiving.

Folic Acid

It is now known that folic acid can prevent spina bifida in your baby, and it is essential that you get plenty both before and during pregnancy. And that's not all: folic acid is undoubtedly important, but it is just part of the very important B-complex family of vitamins that are necessary to produce the genetic materials DNA and RNA. Together with vitamin B12, folic acid works to ensure that your baby's genetic codes are intact. Remember: it's not enough to take folic acid alone when you are trying to become pregnant. All of the B vitamins are essential during the pre-conceptual period. Research has shown that giving B6 to women who have trouble conceiving increases fertility and vitamin B12 has been found to improve low sperm counts

Zinc

Zinc is the most widely studied nutrient in terms of fertility for both men and women. It is an essential component of genetic material and a zinc deficiency can cause chromosome changes in either you or our partner, leading to reduced fertility and an increased risk of miscarriage. Zinc is necessary for your body to 'attract and hold' (utilise efficiently) the reproductive hormones, oestrogen and progesterone.

And it's equally important for your partner: zinc is found in high concentrations in the sperm. Zinc is needed to make the outer layer and tail of the sperm and is, therefore, essential for the health of your partner's sperm and, subsequently, your baby. Interestingly, several studies have also shown that reducing zinc in a man's diet will also reduce his sperm count.

Selenium

Selenium is an antioxidant that helps to protect your body from highly reactive chemical fragments called free radicals. For this reason, selenium can prevent chromosome breakage, which is known to be a cause of birth defects and miscarriages. Good levels of selenium are also essential to maximise sperm formation. Blood selenium levels have been found to be lower in men with low sperm counts.

Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)

These essential fats have a profound effect on every system of the body, including the reproductive system and they are crucial for healthy hormone functioning. For men essential fatty acid supplementation is crucial because the semen is rich in prostaglandins which are produced from these fats. Men with poor sperm quality, abnormal sperm, poor motility or low count, have inadequate levels of these beneficial prostaglandins.

Vitamin E

Vitamin E is another powerful antioxidant and has been shown to increase fertility when given to both men and women. Men going for IVF treatment with their partners have been given vitamin E, and fertilisation rates have, as a result, increased from 19 to 29 percent. It has been suggested that the antioxidant activity of vitamin E might make the sperm more fertile.

Vitamin C

Vitamin C is also an antioxidant, and studies show that vitamin C enhances sperm quality, protecting sperm and the DNA within it from damage. Some research has indicated that certain types of DNA damage in the sperm can make it difficult to conceive in the first place, or it can cause an increased risk of miscarriage if conception does take place. If DNA is damaged, there may be a chromosomal problem in the baby, should the pregnancy proceed. Whether or not DNA damage does have these effects has not been conclusively proven, but it's worth taking vitamin C and the other antioxidants as a precautionary measure.

Vitamin C also appears to keep the sperm from clumping together, making them more motile.

One study has shown that women taking the drug clomiphene to stimulate ovulation will have a better chance of ovulating if vitamin C is taken alongside the drug. Clomiphene does not always work in every woman, but the chances are often increased when vitamin C is supplemented.

L-Arginine

This is an amino acid found in many foods and the head of the sperm contains an exceptional amount of this nutrient, which is essential for sperm production. Supplementing with L-arginine can help to increase both the sperm count and quality.

Note: People who have herpes attacks (either cold sores or genital herpes) should not supplement with arginine because it stimulates the virus.

L-Carnitine

This amino acid is essential for normal functioning of sperm cells. According to research, it appears that the higher the levels of L-Carnitine in the sperm cells, the better the sperm count and motility.

Vitamin A

This vitamin needs to be mentioned because there is a lot of confusion about its use before and after pregnancy. Many health practitioners now advise that no vitamin A is taken during pregnancy. This advice is incorrect, and it can be dangerous to assume that any vitamin or other nutrient should be avoided during the gestational period. Vitamin A has important antioxidant properties, and the consequences of Vitamin A deficiency during pregnancy can be devastating. For one thing, vitamin A is essential for healthy eyes. Animals studies show that vitamin A deficiency during pregnancy has produced new-born animals with no eyes, eye defects, undescended testes and diaphragmatic hernias.

It is only when the vitamin A is in the form of retinol (in other words, the animal form of vitamin A) that there is a problem. It has been found that retinol can cause birth defects if taken in excess of 10,000iu a day. Beta-carotene, which is one of the vegetable forms of vitamin A, does not carry any risks.

OMG!!!!!!!!! Went to test at 3.45pm just now and saw a very very faint +ve line on my OPK! I will test at the time tomorrow.

san2> I got it from my gyne. Think last week someone was saying Guardian sells it too. Or you can go ask GNC for their recommendations.

Heehee! I just did it ytd cos I saw that my liners was kinda wet from my CM so told hb then he say just whack lah. LOL! Today rest day. Tmr then try again.

Chloie - yup, gd to take break. Don't be like me so kanchong started on CD7 but only ovulate on CD15.....SO TIRED!!!!!

Chloie: LOL happy BD... Gut Luck... don't wake up to fast after BD have to stay laying down for at least 1 hour...
i will find at GNC than... Thank u

Carice: HSG is going to be on sept 3rd... wish me luck hopefully it would not that painful

Coyote: thank u for the info
happy.gif
i taken concieve gold from blackmores... think there's quite a lot vitamins there... will check it with ur list...

san2, how long have you been on clomid? I started mine for the 1st cycle only. Still waiting for my egg to come out, haa, i meana ovulating la.. haa..

Took pills to induce the menses and it came on 12th Aug, so today is the CD11. Waiting for my ovulating to come.. haa... Faster come come.. So i can BD!! keke.. =P

Heard prawn and oyster are good for guys, like they eat liao will have more urge to BD.. haa.. Tats wat i heard from the Taiwanese variety... =P

coyote, ya.. he is quite precise lo. thru pulse reading, tats wat my hubby say oso. THen i told him, last time de pple oso thru pulse reading and they will noe where u not feeling well liao ma.. Last time oso cannot do test wat.. haa..

Chloie, your cycle went MIA for just 9 MOnths? haa.. mine had been always MIA since i was like 17? My 1st mense came when i was 15. I had times like mense only came twice a year. Sometimes very regualr like 2 months once. Then came twice MIA liao. I rmb i went to see doc then the doc say my mom oso like tat so its normal lo. But now wanna have bb, its not normal anymore. haa..

I went gyna and he said, those who nv have regular menses, the chance of having cervical cancer are higher then those having regular menses. I listen liao i shock and keep thinking, siao liao lo.. I so many years nv come liao.. haa.. The chances sure super high de la.. =)

coyote> Cos this is my first cycle doing the OPK. Still got alot to read up on. My gyne told me to start from CD 11 so I just start on that day. Dont gan chiong! BB usually come when you least expect it.

san2> Yup! I stuff a bolster under my butt for 30 mths after that.

Olivia> Cos I am having lower backaches so went to do acupuncture. So he say no swimming. The first time after I did acupuncture, I ignore his warning and still went swimming. I nearly die of pain the next day. From then on, I dont dare to go swimming liao.

baby - I think no diff leh in urge when DH eats oyster/prawn..kekeke... Maybe he immuned to them already.

chloie - Too late lah, I kancheong-ED liao...hahaha... And hor, why u stuff bolster under ur butt for 30 MONTHS??????!!!!!! *scary* U will turn moldy lying on bed for that long LOL

Baby (vanilla04)> Nonono. I have irregular period. I notice that over a period of 9 mths, my AF will come for 2 mths [almost on the dot] then the 3rd mth it will MIA. Then got to go to gyne to get pills to induce it then come liao then next mth AF reports then next next mth MIA again. I never have such irregular AF period before my bb #0.

San2 : just try relax n don't tense up. After hsg 1 week later u will see dr for review.

Remember to try bd after hsg ( rest three day first to let it clear) for luck especially around ur o period. This what happen to me la. He he good luck.

chloie: jia you! longer better my gynea said

Baby:i take clomid for 2 cycles and take hcg injection as well... but no result
sad.gif
so my gynea suggest me to do HSG to see whether tube got blocked or not... coz if blocked no use take clomid... have to try other method

Hopefully everything is alright cross finger...

Carice: hopefully... finger cross I'm willing to be painful if it works lol....
but my O is 4th or 5th lor, is too near with HSG time...

yeah I'm seeing him again on 9th

how bout u? everything going alright? why you need to take jab?

coyote, i've not tried it before la. Cuz taiwanese always said prawn is called "Ma Ma Le(Mama happy)".. haaa.. So should be more or less have e element inside ba.. haa.. Maybe ur hubby too strong le.. immuned liao.. haa.. =P

Cholie, oh.. mine i thk even more jia lat then yours.. haa.. mine was like since 17 years old.. But young ma tat time.. cant be bothered. NOw then very scare.. I when to see the chinese sinseh, he say big problem lo, cuz not ovulating. But he say can be tune(tiao).. But i quite sad la, cuz he say one of my side ovarary not working properly.

Anyway, wat you mean by before bb#0? So before this your menses is very on the dot kind? *envy envy* mine NEVER on the dot. If it can come like, once every 2 months i very happy liao lo..

So now i started my 1st cycle on clomid, hopefully that my menses can be regular after i start clomid, cuz i heard from some other mummies that their menses became very regular after they started clomid. =D So i PRAY HARD!! haa.. =D

coyote> I typed too fast! Never check. I mean 30 minutes after bd, I raised my butt with the help of bolster / pillows to let the troops flow in faster. It does help lei. I usually have lots of back-flow if I dont raise my butt.

Chloie - I know lah, just making fun of u...hahaha *pinch ur cheeks again*

Baby - The taiwanese so cute, call it ma ma le. My DH not strong lah, low sperm count :p

san2, jia you jia you!! btw wat is hcg.. Is it to jab then the egg will come out? I oso hope tat my tubes are not blocked. But fro the chinese sinseh, it say got blockage lo.. THen the egg like not mature, have but not matured. And big enough to come out yet.. so haiz... worried..

Cholie, you got buy the lubricate? Mine is Concevie PLus, quite good leh.. IT helps the troops to swim better. Not sticky sticky de. I like. My hubby say it feels good. Very smooth.. haa..

coyote, u guys did a check le ar? We just started ttc-ing for 3 months so we nv go for any check-up yet, anyway, i suspect that its my problem not DHs'. Cuz of my SUPER irregular menses, makes it hard to concevie..

Back