(2012) Planning for Dragon baby?

Olivia >> Oh DPO9 then don't too kanchiong lar. Now too early to test, if you get a bfn (even if it is bfp) you just get unnecessary stress. I know it's tough. Find something to distract yourself for another 5-6 days? Are your cycles very regular?

Olivia : No worries, I miscarried my 1st baby. But went on to deliver a healthy baby girl in Jan 2010. I was also 32 when I conceived her. 1 miscarriage should not deter you from trying, it's just a one time off case. Although I knw the anxiety you will feel for the next pregnancy
happy.gif
Jiayou!

Tethysea : Jia you too!

Ashley : I don't want to jinx you or give you false hopes. But I was already feeling "different" 1 week after BD. I was very tired. 2nd week, I had sore boobs, backache and headache..3rd week had nauseous plus the above symptoms...buay tahan go check and saw faint positive.. :D I tested ppositive even b4 my next cycle comes....

ashley,
Great minds think alike! I have already asked the moderator to change! Hee...

Shall we continue the conversation in the other thread? Easier than flipping 2 threads. Hee...

ashley >> I'm still waiting for my first AF after dnc... haha. Dunno when can start trying again, will only know after my checkup on Saturday I guess. I'm on folic acid but haven't started vitamins. Anybody heard of TwinLab? Seems like most reviews online for TwinLab are american.

Happiness&Bliss
Oh no, actually i got bfp in feb but i miscarried. and i do agree with you that i tend to feel more tired even before testing positive.

nb01
haha, okie will move over to the other thread then.

tethysea
update after you see the gynae on sat ok? never heard of twinlab... where they sell?

ashley >> I saw it at Living Pharmacy I think. Another brand I saw was Webber Natural, but that one can't even find reviews. These are both cheaper than Blackmore's ConceiveWell, but dunno how effective?

Happiness, thanks for the encouragement, when i see my frens with their babies, i feel like i'm super slow-poke lor, now than start trying..but the truth be told, i never felt any maternal instincts and don't particularly obsess over children. Work has always been my top priority. However, since I've been married 2 years now, thought it's good to progress...somewhat flawed reasonings to have a baby? But as i get more committed to the cause, i find my maternal instincts surfacing. =) I just hope my journey will smooth. Come join us in the other thread.

Tethysea: My cycles are quite regular, like 25 days. Does it make a difference as to when I should test?

tethysea
i'm actually taking conceive well cause others have given me good reviews on this. maybe you want to try? it did helped me shorten my cycles cause mine is pretty long. and i got bfp after taking it for a couple months. the only bad side is the huge capsule AND tablet and the naseous effect it will give me after 5 mins of taking it. but i'm sure we can tahan for bb.
happy.gif

HI Babes,

I am planning for a baby for 2012. I have #1 is turning 1 this month...I am still wandering along more should i wait till i start trying for #2. I was hoping for a 2 yr difference btw 1 and 2. Your suggestion?
P.S i alos love to be pregnant. I love the feeling...

<font color="119911">Happy</font>: i hope to hv a dragon but dunno will hv anot... I long time never login liao... Now u just browse arnd n happen to see ur post!

Y ur hb dun wan?

Gyan: oohhhh gd luck to u !!!
You knw la, my girl super mischevious n super difficult when she was still a baby. My hb scared lor. Say dun wan go bk to those baby days lor
sad.gif

Hi anne raj, I'm also planning a dragon baby now and my #1 is 9 months plus. Would ideally love a 2 year gap, but plus/minus some months is ok for me. So I'm going to start trying soon, maybe in July. U started ttc already?

Hello all.. Wow jus few days din log in so mani pple alr..! Hee good good.. Glad to noe so mani pple participating for a dragon baby..!!

Im still waiting for e right time to b active in trying for #2 as i jus delivered tis April. Hubby say wait for 6mths later den try again. Aft a few weeks of getting along w my gal, im thinking shld i really try for #2 so soon. Esp whn handling them whn im alone. Jus by my gal i am loosing my temper abit whn she cry for no reason.. So i wonder hw to settle 2 of them.

T_T : i would advise you to wait for a yr or 2. Cos as they grow, u will be even more busy with them being more active. Like my girl now 15 months, cannot keep my eyes off her. she is running around, climbing up and dwn.
Turn my back a few seconds, she's up on the sofa, got once turn my back to pick up something turn around, she is hanging from the curtain....
Thus its advisable to try #2 if yr #1 is more "stable" or if you have a helper at home?
Just my perosnal opinion.

I have my parents to take care for me. But jus tt occasionally they wanna go holiday.. Den i haf to tk care on my own..

T_T : my girl goes to babysitter when we are at work, then bring her home at nite when we are back from work. Very busy with her now.
That's also the reason y my hb very reluctant to have #2. Cos have to think abt care-giver etc. Its costly to have both of them at babysitter, and we are reluctant to send my girl to Childcare or #2 to infant care. that's y headache... so for the sake of my girl's well-being, planning for #2 abolished for now... haha...

hi all.. wah.. getting more n more ppl in....

been busy sick n busy recently.. ): n prolly due to medication.. my AF was late for a week!!! quite upset!!!!!! cos hao bu rong yi, managed to tiao my AF since jan-feb, feb-mar, mar-apr to be regular... nw haywire again!!!!! muz start allover again to tiao!!

fatbobo : my "auntie" reported for duty too. N I'm having tummy cramps now... arrghhh.... I was on mediaction to regulate my menstraution. Cos after I stop breastfeeding, my mense was crazy, comes every alternate weeks... so now after medication now see if all is fine anot....

Anne : TTC = Trying To Conceive

hi all..!!! normally if still breastfeeding / expressing breast milk, the menses wont come is it? coz until now i also dun haf menses.. onli last week or so i had abit stain..

T_T : Breastfeed normally mense will not come. Unless you have irregular feeding schedules then yr mense will come. But if mense comes, u will experience a drop in your milk supply.
I breastfed my girl for 1 yr, and during that 1 yr my mense did not report. Only reported 1 week after I stop breastfeeding.

Ooh ic... i seldom latch my gal.. normally i will express it.. even expressing oso 2 - 4times a day only. can somehow feel that my supply drops abit. I was advised by a doc in polyclinic that expressing will drop the supply eventually. but i am not 100% muz rely on BF.. so somehow i let it be naturally.

Pumping regularly will not cause a drop in yr supply. But of cos with latching, baby intake during latching will let yr body knows how much to "prepare" n thus maintain a more steady supply. I total latch my girl during my maternity leave. After I went back to work I only latch her in the morning n evening after I come back frm work. During the day I pump 4 hourly.
Afterwhich I stopped latching her by her 5th month, n totally rely only on pumping. I pump regularly every 4 hourly. My supply did not drop. Only when my girl was abt 10 months old that I lengthen my pumping time to subsequently total stop pumping when she turn 1 yr old. During the period that I pump less the supply will slowly drop.

Oooh icic.. Iya i give up latching her.. Onli whn i see her not very hungry n still awake den i'll try to latch her.. N oso positioning her make both of us v gaowei.. I use football style..

T_T: actually if she can latch and suck well, can continue to latch her. I actually like latching cos I am sitting and relaxing too while my girl is happily sucking away. But then cos when she was abt 5months she started teething and will bite me, and turn her head aroun, so the number of latching decreases, and by then she is also more use to the flow of milk bottle...so i stop latching and express out instead.
If you have the time, try experimenting different positions. I myself prefer the cradle hold. I can see her face, and also i can put her on my nursing pillow and free my hands as she nurses....
If she is not hungry then do not nurse her. If not you will cultivate the bad habit of "nursing for comfort"... meaning she will treat you as a human pacifier.

Happiness: But cradle hold gotta carry her right? coz i place her on pillow.. n sometimes the position jus dun get it right.. n she fidget ard.

sometimes she's hungry.. but just that she still can endure for awhile more.. when she can play with u.. but after her tolerance level, she will scream n yell...

T_T: the cradle hold u can just place her head on the crook of yr elbow, the other hand free. For me I place my girl on her side on the pillow n use my hand to support her head that's all. U hv to find a position that suits u n yr baby, then breastfeeding is actually a breeze.
I don't knw abt u. But the lactation nurse I spoke to encourage me to nurse as often as I can during my confinement. Afterwhich, 2nd month onwards when baby is more stable n alert to surroundings can start to fixed feeding time. I fixed my girl's feeding time 3 hourly during daytime. So even if she is sleeping I will wake her at the 3rd hr to latch. Nght time after last feed, I won't wake her till she wakes up on her own. By 7 weeks old she actually slept thru the night le
happy.gif

Hi ladies!

I am planning for a dragon girl, 2012 july - nov. =)

Happiness
Thats so true about menses when bfding. Now I know why my menses is back after 2 years even tho I am still latching my boy (coming to 22 mths) but only twice a day - morning and night.

now very irregular. thinking to stop bfding so that might be easier for me to conceive a girl.

wow Reira, how did you do it? BF for almost 2 yrs!
Did you bottle feed your boy? Is it true that BF baby has better immunity?

*wave wave*

i also want a dragon bb
happy.gif
though i have not try now, but i wish to have a dragon bb girl
happy.gif

hopefully to be aug - dec
happy.gif

Mine first one is Jan 2010 ... thus dun want 2nd &amp; 1st one so near gap
happy.gif

Hi morning Everyone , can I joinin the chat ? Hubby and I are thinking of planning a dragon baby
happy.gif
hope I will conceive
happy.gif

Baby dust to all
happy.gif
happy.gif

Reira : Ya i read somewhere that it is good to feed regularly during bf-ing and good if mense is kept away. Cos when mense is her may affect the milk supply.
Erm, actually after I stop bf-ing after 1 yr..my mense came bk but it is very irregular. Thou I've alr stop br-ing for 3 months. I went to the gynae last month and took some med to regulate it. Now just had my 1st mense after my med. Will monitor the next cycle and see if it is regular.

HappiMooMoo : baby are born with alot of good antibodies from our body. It will keep babies good for 6 months. Afterwhich babies will have to build their own antibodies.
BF-ing is good for babies in terms of nutrients , immunity and also easy on baby's tummy. But then of that would also hv to depends on mommy's food intake etc. Must eat very heathily. BF are formulate and is changing everyday to suits our baby's needs unlike FM.
Having said that, I am not an ambitious bf-ing mommy. It just happen as my girl was allergy to cow's milk when she was young.
But then I do have frds who could not bf for various reasons, and their babies grew up on FM, but these kids are still very healthy and strive
happy.gif

Hi

I'll like to join this thread too.

just did procedure last tuesday as baby has no heartbeat at week 9. The only way to get over it is to move on.

Hence I'm looking forward for my cycle to resume to try for a baby. To me, any year is fine as long as the baby is healthy.

kwlim : *bear hugsss*... I knw you will feel very very sad. But please allow yourself sometime to grieve. It is not wrong to grieve even thou the baby is soo small. My 1st pregnancy end in termination at 12 weeks bcos I was bleeding internally. After seeking 2 professional opinions, it is deem too dangerous and life threatening to continue with the pregnancy. Thus no choice but to do the procedure. I cry and grieve, but I am glad to have support from the clinic nurse who calls me and talk to me and tell me it is alright to grieve.
Once the grieveing stage is over, you will feel ok to move on. The thing is I learn from my experience, do not be compelled to move on just bcos you have to do it. Move on only when you feel you have done with the grieving. I don;t knw if you knw what i mean.
On a happier note, I went on to deliver a healthy baby girl 2 yrs later
happy.gif

God is fair, you lost 1, He will give you back 1 in no time. So cheer up ya!

Happiness,

thanks for your encouragement.

Was amazed to see your earlier post of training your baby girl to slp throughout by week 7. If only all babies are so easy to coax at night.

kwlim : hahah she is no longer a baby girl. She is turning 16 months tomorrow.
And she is NOT an easy baby. Just os happen that she took to the method that the nurse taught me. Hee... it was a harrowing 1st month for me too... severely lack of sleep. She does not sleep at nite during her 1st mth...she can stay awake from 11plus pm till 6am... but she sleeps well during the day.
N she wants to do nothing except to nurse during the time she is awake. N I knw she is only nursing for comfort. Thus I turn to the lactation Consultant for advise. N she advises me to set feeding schedule etc. That's how i came to that
happy.gif

You will have this experience when you have your baby in the near future.
But right now, it's time for you to have a real good rest and recup yr body. Remember to take lotsa nutritious food. N continue your folic acid ya!
Only when your body is well-taken care of, then can you have a very good pregnancy
happy.gif

Hello Mummies,

Anyone mummies wanna buy latex junior contour pillows for you kiddos?
I got one for my girl, but am looking to buy a bolster again. I have gotten a discount from the supplier. But the Min order is 10 pcs.
The anti-microbial and dust mites resistant properties make this pillow the ideal choice for young children.

So if any of you interested, can PM me.

Thanks

I din know must continue folic acid now, currently just taking 2 types of antibiotics plus my mum starting to make black chicken soup and dishes lined with ginger. Tats about it. I'm also avoiding taking cold drinks even though the weather is unbearably hot.

Basically am "grounded" at home because worried will tire myself or the womb will not heal properly if I walk too much... so must resist all the coming GSS temptation for one more week.

kwlim : the antibiotics must complete the whole course. this is to prevent any infection. After the procedure, must have a mini confinement to "bu" yr body. DO not do any or carry anything heavy. Rest as much as u can during your medical leave. Drink also red date and longan drinks too.

You can con't folic acide after u r done with yr antibiotics.

Take very good care of yourself ya!
happy.gif

Hi hi.. Btw what kind of ovulation stripes are u all using..? Coz i wanna prepare some stuff wait for e time to try conceive hee..

hihi.. I am new in this forum..

This is the first month I'm TTC.. I like to find out from some of you experienced mummies.. when should I test for pregnancy? if tested preg, should I go visit a gyna straight away or go to a normal clinic for them to refer?

what factors to consider when choosing gyna and how do I go abt selecting? Any recommendations of gyna?

Sorry that I am pretty ignorant in this area..

Thanks you so much!

Back