(2012) Ivf/icsi Mommies Support Group

Joanne
My doctor prescribed me, proluton (bi-weekly), pregnyl (bi-weekly), duphaston (2x daily), progynova (3x daily) and crinone suppositories (1 daily) which I took till 12w.

I was prescribed Proluton after BFP. It is an oil solution progesterone hormone which must be injected via intra-muscular. I had mine done at a nearby clinic via my rear-end. If injected directly to the muscle you should feel little pain. Don't worry you'll still be able to walk and drive. It is not a 'must' for all pregnancies. In some clinics, it is prescribed when extra hormone support is needed. Pregnyl is a HCG hormone injected via abdomen. My Proluton and Pregnyl injections were taken twice a week on different days. Crinone is similar to cyclogest. If you are prescribed with any of those, your doctor should tell you the correct dosage. Hope this helps.

Joanne
My doctor prescribed me, proluton (bi-weekly), pregnyl (bi-weekly), duphaston (2x daily), progynova (3x daily) and crinone suppositories (1 daily) which I took till 12w.

I was prescribed Proluton after BFP. It is an oil solution progesterone hormone which must be injected via intra-muscular. I had mine done at a nearby clinic via my rear-end. If injected directly to the muscle you should feel little pain. Don't worry you'll still be able to walk and drive. It is not a 'must' for all pregnancies. In some clinics, it is prescribed when extra hormone support is needed. Pregnyl is a HCG hormone injected via abdomen. My Proluton and Pregnyl injections were taken twice a week on different days. Crinone is similar to cyclogest. If you are prescribed with any of those, your doctor should tell you the correct dosage. Hope this helps.

Hi Joanne, that's the problem. I don't know how to 'siam' from walking too much once working...arghhh. Got to think of some excuses hehe.

So far, I don't feel bloated at all and I can eat a lot and poop regularly everyday.

Hi Joanne, that's the problem. I don't know how to 'siam' from walking too much once working...arghhh. Got to think of some excuses hehe.

So far, I don't feel bloated at all and I can eat a lot and poop regularly everyday.

Joanne, think usually after bfp, we will all be given only duphaston. Frankly, the less medication u get the better coz less spillover effects to baby- even though gynae told me it is safe to take all these medications. Think progesterone is only given if there is complication such as spotting n bleeding, even at week 13, gynae said duphaston will do instead of the jabs. I received progesterone only after week 20 to prevent preterm birth arising from my cervical length getting shorter every week. Even then I was given the smallest dosage think 5mg. The progesterone jab to prevent preterm labor is a weekly jab.

Think u try not to worry too much n eat well n rest well. Everyone's pregnancy is different so dun be too concern about other's symptoms.

Joanne, think usually after bfp, we will all be given only duphaston. Frankly, the less medication u get the better coz less spillover effects to baby- even though gynae told me it is safe to take all these medications. Think progesterone is only given if there is complication such as spotting n bleeding, even at week 13, gynae said duphaston will do instead of the jabs. I received progesterone only after week 20 to prevent preterm birth arising from my cervical length getting shorter every week. Even then I was given the smallest dosage think 5mg. The progesterone jab to prevent preterm labor is a weekly jab.

Think u try not to worry too much n eat well n rest well. Everyone's pregnancy is different so dun be too concern about other's symptoms.

Hi msmiele, thanks thanks
happy.gif

Fatefully, i am same as you. I didn't experience any symptoms. I will be having my first scan next tue 29 Nov. i told myself to stay positive always! Don't worry too much. I have read website and some commented it is normal not to have any symptoms. As for the brown discharge, it could be implanation bleeding or maybe u carried too heavy stuff. My gayne did tell me not to carry too heavy stuffs.

Baby, a big congratulation to you. Your bcg is extremely high and you have higher possibilities of having twins
happy.gif

Fatefully, i am same as you. I didn't experience any symptoms. I will be having my first scan next tue 29 Nov. i told myself to stay positive always! Don't worry too much. I have read website and some commented it is normal not to have any symptoms. As for the brown discharge, it could be implanation bleeding or maybe u carried too heavy stuff. My gayne did tell me not to carry too heavy stuffs.

Baby, a big congratulation to you. Your bcg is extremely high and you have higher possibilities of having twins
happy.gif

Hi fatefully, possible to take mc or leave at least for nx 1-2 wks? If not possible, Pls remember at all times that it's not ez for us to b preggy so we must take 200% extra care at all times. When I bfp n went back to work, I walked so slowly, refuse to move anything in office n left work on d dot to come home to rest.. At this moment, nothing is more impt than our babies.. Nevertheless, always stay positive.
happy.gif

Hi fatefully, possible to take mc or leave at least for nx 1-2 wks? If not possible, Pls remember at all times that it's not ez for us to b preggy so we must take 200% extra care at all times. When I bfp n went back to work, I walked so slowly, refuse to move anything in office n left work on d dot to come home to rest.. At this moment, nothing is more impt than our babies.. Nevertheless, always stay positive.
happy.gif

Hi Joanne, not whole 8 hours, but occasionally need to walk together with somebody else and it's often a fast walk. If suddenly I walk so slow, they will definitely question me and I dunno what to answer yet. Got to think of something now.

Hi Qin, thanks
happy.gif

Hi Joanne, not whole 8 hours, but occasionally need to walk together with somebody else and it's often a fast walk. If suddenly I walk so slow, they will definitely question me and I dunno what to answer yet. Got to think of something now.

Hi Qin, thanks
happy.gif

I see baby..In tt case is u r not walking for whole 8 hrs then shd be ok.. Do take care n try to sit more..

Hi fatefully
Receive my pm earlier?

I see baby..In tt case is u r not walking for whole 8 hrs then shd be ok.. Do take care n try to sit more..

Hi fatefully
Receive my pm earlier?

Hi babyme,

I rem this morning I was carrying heavy thing to a very short distance. Then after a while I go pee, I saw pinkish brown stains. I am not sure is that causes the problem.

Today when I walk to MRT slowly my coll was behind me, she ask me what am I thinking cos I am walking very slowly... I say no la nothing, then she jokly tell me dont think of work after office hr... haha... So many excuses to find to prevent ppl from asking what is wrong with us...

Hi babyme,

I rem this morning I was carrying heavy thing to a very short distance. Then after a while I go pee, I saw pinkish brown stains. I am not sure is that causes the problem.

Today when I walk to MRT slowly my coll was behind me, she ask me what am I thinking cos I am walking very slowly... I say no la nothing, then she jokly tell me dont think of work after office hr... haha... So many excuses to find to prevent ppl from asking what is wrong with us...

HI hopeful,

I cant take leave or mc cos I have been doing that for the last few weeks ago. Now that my partners is going on leave this wed to fri the more I cant go. Bur Fri I am going for my HB scan so I am taking a half day afternoon. This is not my actual HB scan cos I am worry so Dr M schedule me to see her early. My actual HB scan is on 06.12 which remind unchanged. As long as I can see my bb healthy no matter wa I still go if there a need.

Beside this my office is going to shift, I dont kw how to not carry heavy stuff. I hv to do pack for the cupboards, filing...stuff. I have helper but how to tell them excuses and yet they dont suspect me? I have told my partner I sprain my back and cant carry heavy stuff.

HI hopeful,

I cant take leave or mc cos I have been doing that for the last few weeks ago. Now that my partners is going on leave this wed to fri the more I cant go. Bur Fri I am going for my HB scan so I am taking a half day afternoon. This is not my actual HB scan cos I am worry so Dr M schedule me to see her early. My actual HB scan is on 06.12 which remind unchanged. As long as I can see my bb healthy no matter wa I still go if there a need.

Beside this my office is going to shift, I dont kw how to not carry heavy stuff. I hv to do pack for the cupboards, filing...stuff. I have helper but how to tell them excuses and yet they dont suspect me? I have told my partner I sprain my back and cant carry heavy stuff.

Hi Ritcz
Btw, u mention 5mg of progestrone injection? I remember fatefully take 50mg of progestrone injection.. So big difference? Scary..

Hi fatefully
Thats a good excuse.. Backpain..;)

Hi Ritcz
Btw, u mention 5mg of progestrone injection? I remember fatefully take 50mg of progestrone injection.. So big difference? Scary..

Hi fatefully
Thats a good excuse.. Backpain..;)

Joanne, maybe i got the figure wrong but the tps nurse told me that i was given the lowest dosage, not sure whether it is 5 or 50 coz it is not written down on my pink booklet. Anyway, I'm sure the gynae will prescribe only the relevant dosage for the treatment.

When I share my experience, it is not to frighten other mummies here but more for awareness coz most of us r first time mums. It is also to let some who spot know that there r people like me who spot throughout n manage to get thru to third trimester w medication. Anyway, anything written on forums should always be taken w a pinch of salt, coz everyone's conditions r different. So I dun think it is fair to compare other people's diagnosis unless they r the ones who r concerned about it. Hope u dun mind, Joanne.

Kimmy, I saw munchkin has a cooler bag that uses cooling gel pad. It cost much lesser than fridge to go. I'm still thinking about

Joanne, maybe i got the figure wrong but the tps nurse told me that i was given the lowest dosage, not sure whether it is 5 or 50 coz it is not written down on my pink booklet. Anyway, I'm sure the gynae will prescribe only the relevant dosage for the treatment.

When I share my experience, it is not to frighten other mummies here but more for awareness coz most of us r first time mums. It is also to let some who spot know that there r people like me who spot throughout n manage to get thru to third trimester w medication. Anyway, anything written on forums should always be taken w a pinch of salt, coz everyone's conditions r different. So I dun think it is fair to compare other people's diagnosis unless they r the ones who r concerned about it. Hope u dun mind, Joanne.

Kimmy, I saw munchkin has a cooler bag that uses cooling gel pad. It cost much lesser than fridge to go. I'm still thinking about

Kimmy, ya, I was saying halfway that the munchkins one r cheaper n not too big n just have to freeze the cooling panel. But I still want to see the pigeon fridge to go before deciding which to buy. The munchkins diaper organizer cost $36 plus if I'm not wrong. Saw these when I went kkh First Few Years.

Anyway, ladies, the tps nurse told me there's now a $10 increase in consultation fee at TPS. N funny, they remove the short vending machine that offers free Milo n coffee. Instead I saw a wrapped up new tall vending machine. My hubby was saying so increase consultation fee also remove free drinks? Hope not, ha ha

Kimmy, ya, I was saying halfway that the munchkins one r cheaper n not too big n just have to freeze the cooling panel. But I still want to see the pigeon fridge to go before deciding which to buy. The munchkins diaper organizer cost $36 plus if I'm not wrong. Saw these when I went kkh First Few Years.

Anyway, ladies, the tps nurse told me there's now a $10 increase in consultation fee at TPS. N funny, they remove the short vending machine that offers free Milo n coffee. Instead I saw a wrapped up new tall vending machine. My hubby was saying so increase consultation fee also remove free drinks? Hope not, ha ha

Hi RitzC
No problem. I understand.. Thks for your advise..;) you definitely got a point.. U r delivering soon.. So envy..wish u hv a smooth delivery ya..

Hi RitzC
No problem. I understand.. Thks for your advise..;) you definitely got a point.. U r delivering soon.. So envy..wish u hv a smooth delivery ya..

Hi gals,

Just curious to ask. Can I still drink Milo? Cos durig my 2WW i drink it everyday.

Hi Joanne, I think mine was oni 5mg cos I rem when I pay for it.. it cost me like less then 2$... I even ask my hub so little can support meh cos the cyclogest I was inserting was 400 mg. Maybe I type wrongly. But no matter how much the dosage is, as long as the doc prescribe wa is rite for u then u are safe.... we are all more kaisu then those mum who conceive naturally cos we spent lots of time/money/hopes/wishes to have a bb...

Reading this forum make me learn alot and I am still learning.. something words they use I do not understand, like buying diaper bags, milk pump...I havent even started to find a good book to read for a beginner like me. We just learn along the way...

Hi gals,

Just curious to ask. Can I still drink Milo? Cos durig my 2WW i drink it everyday.

Hi Joanne, I think mine was oni 5mg cos I rem when I pay for it.. it cost me like less then 2$... I even ask my hub so little can support meh cos the cyclogest I was inserting was 400 mg. Maybe I type wrongly. But no matter how much the dosage is, as long as the doc prescribe wa is rite for u then u are safe.... we are all more kaisu then those mum who conceive naturally cos we spent lots of time/money/hopes/wishes to have a bb...

Reading this forum make me learn alot and I am still learning.. something words they use I do not understand, like buying diaper bags, milk pump...I havent even started to find a good book to read for a beginner like me. We just learn along the way...

Joanne, I still got 2 more months before my EDD, hope bb stay in until 36 weeks. My pregnancy is quite heavily medicated, no need to envy, I would really prefer to have a non medicated pregnancy, coz most important is for bb to be healthy for bb own sake.

Hope u have a stress free smooth pregnancy
happy.gif

Joanne, I still got 2 more months before my EDD, hope bb stay in until 36 weeks. My pregnancy is quite heavily medicated, no need to envy, I would really prefer to have a non medicated pregnancy, coz most important is for bb to be healthy for bb own sake.

Hope u have a stress free smooth pregnancy
happy.gif

Thanks fatefully, hv reply ur pm, receive it?

Hi ritcz
Thanks for ur advise.. Just curious whose your gynea? So you going to give Birth in kkh? To us, as long as bb r ok, any hardship is worthwhile.. All the best ya n 2months will fly thru soon and you will carry your bundle of joy by then..;)

Thanks fatefully, hv reply ur pm, receive it?

Hi ritcz
Thanks for ur advise.. Just curious whose your gynea? So you going to give Birth in kkh? To us, as long as bb r ok, any hardship is worthwhile.. All the best ya n 2months will fly thru soon and you will carry your bundle of joy by then..;)

Hi Catherine - hmm I PM you this morning and just PM you again. Let me know if you received it yah...?
My name's 'Natasha' in case you get an email notification. Alternatively you can reach me at [email protected] or 96700779 too :D

Hi Catherine - hmm I PM you this morning and just PM you again. Let me know if you received it yah...?
My name's 'Natasha' in case you get an email notification. Alternatively you can reach me at [email protected] or 96700779 too :D

Hi fatefully, r u close to ur helper? If so consider telling him/her d truth so u have 100% help in d move. Otherwise, just pretend ur backache us really bad by walking very very slowly.. N hopefully ur helper can help out more..

Hi fatefully, r u close to ur helper? If so consider telling him/her d truth so u have 100% help in d move. Otherwise, just pretend ur backache us really bad by walking very very slowly.. N hopefully ur helper can help out more..

Back