(2012/11) Nov 2012

<font face="kristen itc">Hi ladies...no updates for a super long time. I just managed to book my post-natal massage last week, contemplating which one to choose ended up still choose my 1st choice. OSCAR done and everything is normal, this Friday going for my next checkup ....hmmm...not sure is it like some of you already know the gender. :D

Hope everyone is doing well..</font>

<font face="kristen itc">Hi Wendy Tan, I signed up with Origins Jamu Massage. Never tried them before, the last time I used was a malay auntie but only 5 days. This time round I signed up for 10 days hope to slim down soon hahaha...

There are many post natal massage in the market, try to look around n see the feedback, make sure you're comfy before signing. Prices I find all about the same.</font>

Thanks Von. I have been looking but have not decided on one yet. Think I just need to settle on one soon before all are fully booked hahaha.

Darienna / Wendy, how you all feel? I think mine is gal bcos my stomach feels broad..keke.. first one, my stomach very tight and only in front.

Lalaa, your hb can dun need to know, you can know yourself mah.. see whether he will ask you bo...keke

For massage, will check with my Malay colleague who just delivered when she is back if her massage lady is good bo, if yes, I will just ask for her contact.

Btw, any recommendation for maid agency?

<font face="kristen itc">Hi Wendy Tan, my pleasure hope the choice we made will be the right one for us.
I'm also afraid of no slot so I faster book, this one they have hot stones to remove engorge which I need most hahaha....

Hi Shirlynn, which country you looking at for the maid? If you're interested in Myanmar maybe I can recommend the one I used but it's located at Beauty World. One most impt thing I've learned is to get an agency which ppl who speaks their language for Myanmar else it's super troublesome.</font>

<font color="0000ff">Anyone went to an acupuncturist to “把脉” pulse reading to reveal gender? Heard they can predict the sex of baby but dunno accurate or not
happy.gif
</font>

Lola: I have signed up to join the one by TMC. Will be starting classes in July. They need the mommies to be at least 20 weeks for the classes.

Hi Shirlynn, hmm I feel that my stomach is broad.. oh, does our hip expands during this time? I feel there's some extra at the hip area, generally all start to feel bigger hahaha.

Has anyone use Mdm Ida as massage lady? There's apparently 2 Mdm Ida - 9436 1463 and 9424 9829. Which is the better one?

Hi Lola, no not yet but I wish to start soon after my visit to the gynae this Friday. Need to get doctor's clearance first
happy.gif

Shirlynn: I went to Raymond maids the last time. Went to the katong branch. Think they hv another branch in bukit timah. They hv bios for filipino n indo. can do face interview with the maids selected over Skype b4 selection. Svc a bit slow, must call to chase, but generally only need to just call once to chase, they will usually quickly check n follow-up for u.. Agency fee is $300, not ex, but provided u pay off maid loan at one go. I waited abt 6 wks after selection for my maid.. My maid is not bad.. Happy that no prob so far..But then again, sometimes maid really is Heng suay one...

For massage lady, I got this Malay lady Noura Sam. Found her reading the mummy.sg forum last time. Used her for #1, found her not bad, so calling her again for #2.. Rates also quite reasonable.. Think I paid abt $1000 for 14 sessions.. Can engage her for 5, 10 or 14 sessions.. She will recommend the number of sessions depending on individual case.. Her contact number is 81125661 if anyone is interested...

For the massage ladies, better book quickly cos think many of the good ones, the slots are filling up fast...

pinkie-TMC charging how much? Must i be seeing a gynae there to be able to join? 20 weeks? hmm... tat is still long time for me. Am a dec mummy.

wendy-me too, get clearance this thurs from my doc. But i am still vomiting a lot. So i prob start yoga later. Now looking around.

Von, I need Indonesia maid as I should be sending baby and maid to mil in the day time. Mil can speak Malay. English is half cup...keke

Darienna, can you give me the contact? Thanks. Recently the agent fees like shoot up. My friend last time pay 300+ for agent fees, this time round I call, they say is 888, still have admin fee 230+.. and so on and on...Also need to pay upfront.

Wendy, I am not sure whether is it bcos this is my #2. Last time #1, my stomach only start to show when I am 5 mths pregnant. This time round, can see so fast. Think our hip will slowly expand to support the pregnancy bah..

Darienna &amp; Shirlynn, I told my hubby same thing, wait outside while I ask gynae the gender.. hehe.. He say I eventually won't be able to keep it secret from him.. Which is true.. Haha..

I wonder if the old wives method of using ring &amp; thread above the tummy &amp; predict gender based on the way it moves? Can't believe I'm resorting to such methods! Haha

How are all your MS? Gone?
My appetite is still so bad &amp; never know when I'll sudd puke.. So sian!

I've been on hospitalization leave past 2 mths &amp; back to work next week.. Dreading it!

Shirlynn: website is raymondmaids.com.. Contact numbers are 63456788 or 63456088. They are at katong shopping centre, #06-20. Not sure now if the bukit timah branch at bukit timah plaza is still in operation, cos din see address at the website, but u can call up to chk. Oh btw, the agency fee I paid was last year feb, so not sure if the price has gone up since..

Take good care Lalaa. Try not to move around too much.

Shirlynn - I would say my stomach is showing, but my hubby thinks otherwise - he says looks like I have a *tu nan* hahaha. So it is true that if the bump is sharper then it is most highly a boy and if it is rounder then it is most likely a girl. My coll who has given birth to her son, had a very pointed baby bump.

Lola - I used to join hot yoga classes and now that I am pregnant, I want to (have to) use it for prenatal yoga then. It is going to expire this year end.

Lola: We paid $253.55 for weekday classes (with our TMC's discount card) Check out the details here -> www.thomsonmedical.com/parentcraft_centre.htm

lalaa: My vomitting stopped 2 weeks ago. Still feel nauseus at times, but I can live with it. Hope yours will blow over soon too. Now I'm having severe bloating. Stomach round round, a lot of wind.

Wendy: I will want to sign up for prenatal yoga too. Where do you go for lessons?

Hi mummies,
I also find my tummy broader as compared to when I had #1which is more pointed. wonder if I have sense the gender correctly.

My fren taught me is to use the chinese gender chart found on the net. it shows which month we conceived n the gender.

I still no appetite no special cravings. are u ladies eating more portion than usual?

I also signed up with jumu. heard abt their gd reviews.
For my #1, I engaged fong jiao a chinese massage lady who uses her homemade peppermint cream n wrap. this time round I wish to try jumu.

B@by: i bot babyplus for my first.. While the my #1 development not as amazing as what u read on the testimonials on the website, I will say that my #1 development is ahead of his peers..

Physically lifted head at 2months, sat up at 6mths, crawled late at 9mths, walked early at 11mths. Jus started to potty train himself (by telling us he needs to do his #2 and goes to the potty himself).. Speech wise, at 16mths now, he already has abt 70 words in his vocab..
happy.gif

So really up to u.. To me, my rationale was no harm, so jus use.. Will Definately b using it for my #2 when the time comes.. Think if u scout ard the forum, u may find some wanting to sell their preloved ones, which will b cheaper than a new one..

Priya: only baby Singapore is authorized to sell in sg. U may want to try to buy direct from the US website instead.. Think it's still cheaper than sg even after taking into account shipping.

Darienna: thanks for the info. Does the local purchase come with a warranty or expiry date? I am afraid the US purchase may not come with warranty..

well, the US purchase at check out comes out to be S$351, which is more than the local purchase at $338.... i guess the local purchase is more wise..

Hi Pinkie - I am with absolute yoga before I got pregnant. I was keeping fit before my big day so signed up with my gf but cos I bought like 20 odd class card and only used like less than 10x. And they have pre-natal classes so may as well use them all before it expires end of the year or earlier. No idea when exactly haha..

Dariena; congrats for knowing the gender already!! I also so eager to find out but my next appt is not till another 3 weeks later!!! Neck will be stiff from the wait! Hahaha how many weeks are u now?

Cindy: I'm only 13 weeks today.. Officially jus crossed into 2nd trimester...
happy.gif
But cos boy scan quite obvious one.. Gynae thinks he saw the penis.. Haha
happy.gif
most prob by nx visit in 4 wks can cfrm Liao..

hi mummies !

i hv been a silent reader..now 13weeks+. my 2nd baby. gynae is Dr Adrian woodworth. anyone seeing him at SK clinic ?

jus did my oscar yest at TMC. waited for 2.5hrs only but baby is in sitting position so sonographer took some time to push and coax him/her hahaha...btw she say can see a horizontal line at the genital..anyone knw this means a boy or girl ?

hi wendy, oh really ?? but the sonographer say vertical line most likely is boy leh...haha...dunno how true..my hb hope is a gal ! my #1 is a boy 3T now

hahaha cos my colleague mentioned that if there's something pointing through the scan, it is most likely a boy. If it's a girl, then usually it has nothing that's pointing.

I don't know how true.. seems like I am wrong. I was hoping to see when I did my scan last week but no hope at all hahaha. Oh well, gotta to wait..

its not pointing ! jus a horizontal line across...hahaha. baby was not cooperating yest during the scan..so my sonographer decided to call "princess" suddenly she lie down into position for her to scan..v cute !

Sorry to intrude mummies

I had overstocked on baby hankies/washcloth and trying to clear them now. It's 100% Cotton Hanky/WashCloth from Korea and good for face and body. I use them for cleaning my girl's face, mouth, and also use it as a drool bib. Even my CL commented its very good as its very soft to the skin and yet very durable, withstanding frequent washing.

board-post.cgi

They come in packs of 10 at $8.90 each. If you get 3 packs and more, its $8.50. Postage is calculated separately or collection can be arranged.

Please email me at [email protected] if keen.

Do not reply to this PM as I am using my friend's account and she is on confinement now. Don't want to disturb her. Thanks

hi porky, im also seeing dr adrian woodworth at SK clinic...the clinic always soooooo crowded but i really like his stitching skills...
wow u already know the gender so early?

hi chrisq, yes his clinic always crowded ! but waiting time is not too long which i like..unlike some gynaes need to wait 2hrs+ to see..v tiring loh..my #1 is c-sec and i agreed his stitching skills is v good ! i can go down the bed on next day
happy.gif

its just a guess only..cos she say vertical line mostly is boy..but mine is horizontal line hehe !

but only if you go there n get the no. early. i always have to wait ard 1hr plus, maybe im too slow in getting the 1st few no.
but the consultation time is like less than 5min! sometimes got ques he made me so kan chong that i forgot what to ask him..
his stitching really good, mine is natural birth &amp; i can get down the bed on the day itself!
and best he is very generous in giving MCs..my #1 he gave me 1mth hospitalisation leave before birth &amp; asked me slowly enjoy my last mth of freedom...hehe

i very kiasu, got my 2nd hand baby plus some weeks back off someone in mummysg forum. =)

btw, i've been having mild diarrhoea and tummy upset for the past few days. Seen a gp and was given charcoal pills. should i go see my gynae and see if there's anything wrong??

hi chrisq, i always go Q at 5pm..if cant make it i will go ard 7pm and the Q no is quite fast..i can go dinner first. haha..yes only less than 5mins, i walk in and shoot all my qns first before i forget ! then he will say lie down for scan and go out alrdy. same ! he gv me 2 weeks mc before delivery and ask me to rest and enjoy no need to work

Haven log in for a while.so many posts..hello to al d new mummies!darienna:so xcitin to noe gender!1st in our thread
happy.gif
porky n chris:im oso seein dr [email protected] his stiching is superb.i din hav to take painkiller at al.porky,my #1 oso 3
happy.gif

Back