(2012/11) Nov 2012

Sweetycute: wow congrats!! u're in the honeymoon phase of 2nd tri...i still got 3 weeks to go....-__-" have you announced to the world abt ur pregnancy yet?

Rin: thanks for the recipe for the ginger tea!!
happy.gif

anyway wats engorgement? wat causes it? did any mummies bought anything from expo yesterday?

Ladies, what fruits do you all take? I know all 'gua' fruits are cooling. Apparently orange and mango also. Seems only apples are safe? Like that very boring leh. What about peaches?

Hi Mummies

Been quietly following the forum for the past couple of weeks.

Details as follows:
EDD: 21 Nov 2012
Gynae: Dr Tony Tan
Baby: #2
Hospital: Raffles Hospital

Nice to meet u mummies.. Another 2 weeks plus to end of 1st trimester n the progesterone jabs... Counting down...

Heartbeats: during my first pregnancy,I took most fruits (except pineapple) cos I really had very bad constipation, and the fruits really helped.. Plus I tell myself it's healthy snacking... Peaches shld be ok.. At the most whack durians (this one cfrm is heaty) if u like and can tahan the taste to offset the "Liang"... Haha...

Twinkle: engorgement is wen there's milk in the breast but cant come out fully..it wil be hard like rock..it was so bad that i just laid in bed the first time it happened on day 4 and i couldn't even move..din even wan to bother abt bb..it was dat bad! haha..den next day i quickly went to TMC parentcraft..felt being abused..they reali massage VERY hard! but it helped alot and subsequently i had it on and off and at least i learnt dat u must always massage your breast til soft b4 u pump/latch or it wil only get worst! tink i'm an expert in dis..haha..

Heartbeats: i basically eat all fruits..my gynae say anythg oso can eat except alcohol and caffeine cant take..even pineapple oso can but i tink everythg just take in moderation shd be fine...oh ya, only young coconut supposed to take wen u are week 35-36 onwards..

Thank Darienna, Rin, i have been eating papayas and mangoes and apples and drink orange juice. Will take in moderation.

Darienna, i love durians but now digestion still no good. Will whack once i am better, haha just nice hope it will durian season!

Hey ladies, this is my first bb.. Sigh.. ya.. dragon year really tough to get CL. I been trying to ask around but the popular ones are all taken up. My edd is mid Nov. So now left hanging.. In fact dragon yr so many babies born that I even wori I wun get a bed when I deliver. Hahaha.. heard fr my hubby that his colleague's wife have to be "parked" temporarily at a temporary ward cos no bed at TMC.

O, Wanna ask what is post natal massage like. Painful? they will keep pressing ur tummy to get the wind out?

Hi Kom
Nice to meet you in this forum! Quite a few mummies from the jan11forum
happy.gif

Hi Rin
When i was having My #1 , my placenta was very low till the very last min.. Lucky for that I managed to be able to deliver naturally.. Hope this #2 will be as smooth!

Tom is my Oscar test! Hope the baby is healthy!
happy.gif

Hi mummies, I m been following this thread for a while but was too tired to join in..
This is my #2 edd 15 nov dr Adrian woodworth will be deliver in TMC
wanna ask wats the procedure for oscar test? Wat will they do??

Hi mummies, is anyone still up at this time??
I can't sleep well.. having bad nightmare (blood coming out n bb no heartbeat) this few night dreaming about all this..
really scares me and I don't dare to sleep..

my appointment will be on the 15th of May to do the blood test and follow up..
I don't know whether should I move forward my appointment to see everything is fine in there..

This week I eat really less.. can't really eat much..
The first few weeks I ate alot.. alot of cravings and every 3 hours will be hungry..
but now all change.. I won't feel hungry and I got no cravings and I eat lesser n lesser..
I really hope my little bean inside is doing well..

although is number 5 already.. but this pregnancy is diff from all my 4 pregnancy..
Maybe I am thinking too much???

Candy mama: everything will be fine. I guess at this stage when we really cannot see the baby until the scan, we tend to think if everything's progressing okay. If u really feel no good... U should go to your gynae earlier!
happy.gif

Enid: I'm also gg for my oscar's today!! But walking in.
sad.gif
maybe will see u there!! Haha.
happy.gif
are u gg to Tmc too?

walking in or even appointments on saturdays will cost you $20 more at TMC scan center, now onwards. I went for oscar on sat and was informed of this. anyone signing up for prenatal classes at TMC? I think better be gan cheong... cos long queues everywhere over there..

Hi dadnmum,
first, they will do an ultrasound scan to measure the gap between the neck and placenta (i think). And more measurements like the size of head, the nose, the neck etc.
Second, they will get blood samples from ya. Thats about it (at least for me).

<font color="0000ff">hee....time to reply all the postings! Such a long thread over the weekend! Was greeted by a nasty headache on Sat. Took almost the whole day to recover from it
sad.gif
Kept downing myself with 100 plus. Not sure if it is the 100 plus that made it better or the headache just went off by itself after a while....

Pink: It's okie to have more small meals as long as your body is able to take in the food
happy.gif
I'm sure you will get back your energy after the 1st tri. I was very tired too during the 1st tri. Probably becos the body is trying to get adjusted to pregnancy after so many years hee!

Dotty: I kept thinking I wanna go but in the end, I din go
sad.gif
Nevermind lah, will wait for the next one in Jun. Got the motherhood fair in Jun at Expo too hee. Then on a quarterly basis, got those Isstan private sale, they got quite good things to grab too!

Pinkie: Aiyah, I think they sure say, only have meh is it? Probably some nice ones will say okie you will have the egg for free this time. Hahaha suan le ba :p

Hee I asked Studio Loft but havent chk out their prices yet. How much did LightedPixel quote your hb?

So did u go for the fair in the end? Anyway such fairs happen quite a few times in the end. Got another one coming up in June
happy.gif
And hee....it's normal that your clothes cant wear mah. Means bb is growing! Yeah!!

Heartbeats: Hmm if that is the case, u better dun take cabbage le. I supp shld b okie by nw le ba. Take more water to replenish the lost fluid. As for cramp, it shld either b ur diarheoa or womb expanding ba. dont worry too much!

As for MS, rightfully shld taper off starting from 2nd tri but there are only some who followed them throughout. Some din experience in the 1st tri but got it later. So I guessed it still depends on individual body ba! But for the sake of our little one, I'm sure all of us can handle it!

As for fruits, tink if u take in moderation shld b okie ba. If u hv constipation issue, probably can try prune juice
happy.gif
I also taking watermelon + orange fruit juice. But if u hv weak stomach, go easy on that 'liang' stuff first hee.

Durian season shld b ard Jun period. So if u are in 2nd tri, shld b able to whack by then
happy.gif
Mi too looking fwd to it hahaha

Cindy: No worries....I'm just amazed that this veg can work wonders hahahaha!

Then what's this belly band abt? I went to Spring Maternity on Sat and actually forgot to look for the belly belt. I tink the belly belt is something like those romper extension or bra extension. I supp it will be a gd investment ba hee.

Housewife: Wahh shiok leh....went movies and shopping spree ah hee! Probably I shld pamper myself too hee

twinkle24: yah now the start of 2nd tri. I havent announce to everyone yet, just a few of my close teammates in office. Cos I can still fit in my clothes (dun worry, ladies, not becos I'm slim. On the other hand, cos I'm fat and somehow, the clothes still have some room to expand hahaha. I dun bother abt the bump. If pple ask me then probably I say else will just brush it off saying I'm fat :p)

Agnes: I find that my post natal massage was painful. The massage lady said that she gotta push back my womb to the original position. She is really very strong. So I hated the sessions but bo pian, for the sake of own health and whatnot, just tahan the pain lor.

dadnmum: Basically the OSCAR test is like your normal scan, just that they will take longer if bb is not in the right position. Sometimes, they will have to press a bit harder in order to see the bb. I tink mine took about half an hr to 45mins to complete. The interesting thing is that during the scan, you shld b able to see ur bb's little hands and legs. Very cute de! After the scan, they will just need to take your blood for the test. So dun worry too much!

Candymama: I do have ocassion insomia. Don't worry too much. Everything will be fine de!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Cindy: Ohh....to cover up ah? Then the pants will drop off or nt hahahaha :p Probably I will still go for the belly belt hee
happy.gif
</font>

Sweetycute: I think wont drop off ba!! I haven't tried hahahah!!! So far I temporary use safety pin to pin up the button and hook hahahah!so that's why thinking of the belt... But I think again, it doesn't really look nice too! Hahahaha!!! That's why that's why asking for comments from those who bought the belt.

<font color="0000ff">Cindy: Hahaha cos it feels like another cloth trying to wrap the tummy? I tink belt will be better ba. Got a few mummies who got it. Probably can see if they will ans u later. Else u wait for me to buy and test out hahaha. Hopefully I will feel like going shopping tomorrow. Then will go to Spring to chk it out
happy.gif
</font>

Details as follows:
Nick : Pink
EDD: 16 Nov 2012
Gynae: Dr Y C Goh
Hospital: Mount A

Enid: I am great !! After 8 YEARs finally another miracle for me. LOL.

Sweety cute: I recently got my belly band from ASOS . Mine is like a tube but cover the belly as some T-shirt may be too short as the tummy grow.

Sweety: lucky u din go coz nothing much aso, seems like quite a small event. not sure is it always like tat for all bb fair coz i 1st time go such fair hehe

<font color="0000ff">Pink: Yah I tink it's the one that Cindy showed
happy.gif
But if the tee is short, then u wld see a white tube is it?

Dotty: Oh....any estimate hw many stores? The Motherhood one is quite big. U can consider gg hee
happy.gif
</font>

Sweetycute: ya . I got mine in black .

Cindy: do you need a letter from your gynae before you walk in to tmc for Oscar? How is the waiting time?

hey pink! we are having the same Gynae.. :0
I was initially quite skeptical with YC Goh cos of his age. Kind of scared that he might be a bit lao hua and might not be able to stitch properly. heehee...

sweety: din reli count how many stores but like they took up at most half of the place oni...one look from the entrance u like can see the overall shops n layout..

Piangz: how is dr goh? I get to know him because my daughter having enrichment classes at Thomson plaza and it happen on that day that I found out I was Peggy and went to get another kit to test as the result from the GP is not very clear. I tested and it was positive. Wanted to get a gynae to confirm so was walking to my daughter school when we relized that there a a gynae on the same level so I took down the number and booked an appt the next day. Since then I am with him. Know nothing of him actully. I am very tired and have No energy to look for another gynae.

Sweety / Dotty: Yes I went to the fair and it's really small.
I think the Taka one QP suggested would be much better.
Remembered checking it out before with hubby just to kpo last time and it's really better.

Sweety: Lightedpixels has two Photographers..
Depending on who you choose, price is either $400/hr or $525/hr! You get 6 edited images per hour booked.

Hui: How many weeks are you now?
I'll be doing my scan at 12 weeks, on 18 May..

pink: My gynae's office made the appointment for me for Oscar + detailed scan. No letter given.

I've Tried both the belly band and belly belt, but prefer the belly band. Belly band i also got from maternity exchange when I had my first. As described by some mummies,it's really a super wide tube. And the pants/skirt won't drop.. Dun worry..

As for the belly belt,it acts like bra extension. Got mine at mothercare.The thing abt the belly belt is that the one for the buttons cannot fit my jeans button.. Jeans button was too big..

Hi pinkie, Im 12weeks today..my gynae din say much,just say everything looks good ,the neck fold seems to be 1.3mm,he say the smaller the better!

You can see the shape of the head,body,hands and legs!
Mine is 60mm now...

Hi Pink,
Dr Goh is quite nice. But i feel that he is a bit conservative kind. He kept telling me not to carry my daughter or any other heavy stuff while pregnant, and he discouraged me to do any pedicure or manicure (but i still do anyway :)).
During my labour for number 1, he would call the hospital to check on me. He is quite patient and will not brush off any questions that we had.

Hi piangz,

About the pedicure or manicure, on a recent findings in the US they had actually pull out their local brands product and found that most of them contain some chemical that causes birth defects and some others stuff. In came out in the news. Even on brands that claim no toxic chemical also contain that . So i had actually went to do medi and pedi without applying nail polish

Hi Mummies

I'm new to this thread, this is my #2 after 5 years.

Details as follows:
EDD: 30 Nov 2012
Gynae: Dr TM Chua
Hospital: NUH

Nice to meet u mummies..
happy.gif

Thks priya and sweetycute..
I didn't do any oscar scan for my first one only the week 20 scan.. Cos I read and it say need to extract some liquid from baby that y that worry me..
My pregnancy pattern are very bad.. For the first n now
Very bad gastric.. Eat also cannot dun eat also cannot.. So far I hav lost 4kg..
Btw anyone experience EXCESSIVE SALIAVA.. I use up abt one pkt of tissue of 200 pcs each day...
And I think I m dehydrating..

dadnmum: if you have been vomitting for several days now, throwing up at the sight of food, go to GP for help asap. Cos once you are dehydrating, it might affect your baby.

pinkie: u mean there is aso fair gg on at taka? i tot of gg taka to see shoes intend to get a comfortable shoes for myself...

as for oscar scan, my gynae give me an appt chit, ask me bring along tat day &amp; the nurse help me call tmc to arrange appt too.

<font color="0000ff">Pink: Ahh I see....u din get a few more colours hee :p

I also read abt the mani n pedi case in US. So i usually dun do this and anything to my hair during pregnancy period

Dotty: Ohh....so it's a blessing that I din go hahahaha :p I was still tinking if I have missed out any great deals :p

Pinkie: Wahhh the photographer really x leh! Let me go and find out how much is my studio charging :p

Darienna: Hmm probably shld go n try out the belly belt and see if it fits my jeans or nt. Else really a waste hor :p

dadnmum: Oh no lah....that test is a second level test. For mothers who have been tested positive during the OSCAR test, they will need to extract this fluid thingy to get a confirmation on the down symdrone thingy. So if OSCAR test is cleared, then don't have to go to that level.

Errmm what is excessive saliava ah?</font>

<font color="0000ff">pinkie: Oh....I dun find that I am salivating more hahaha. Oh just read the article, seems like more for those having bad MS.</font>

Pink: hahaha. Yup, dotty answered u! Need a orange yellow slip thing!! Ahahhaha waiting time.. I reached about 820, ten first scan at 11, then second at 1145 and third at 1230!!!

Cause first scan : bb not in right position. Second scan: my bladder not full enough!! Omg so I waited till 3rd scan, bladder almost burst!!! Habah

Hui: so cute seeing the bb!! My scan took more than 10 min ley. Maybe cause I'm
Just at 11 wks, smaller!! And the naughty bb keep turning and turning inside. Haha

preggy: i got sense weird taste but duno how to describe &amp; duno how to cure yet i juz take sour plum loh haha then i will feel beta lo..

Cindy: Wow It seem a long wait. I will be going on Thursday. I dunno can I pull through the wait as I feel worst in the morning and hubby will not be around to accompany me
sad.gif

For the baby fairs, think the ones worth going is the taka baby fair, the motherhood one (next one is 31 May - 2Jun) and when isetan hv sale.. These hv more exhibitors, so more worthwhile to go down.

For buying stroller and baby seats, think can go to baby hypermart and baby hyperstore (both at kaki bukit) to look see cos got more variety. Then wait until got baby fair then buy, since there will b promotion on such things.

Sweetcute: the belt is in box leh.. So dunno if the staff will let u open to try.. But no harm trying to ask... That's also y I prefer belly band.. Just wear over without buckling.. Convenient.. But only consideration is that it's like wearing one more layer of clothing, so maybe a bit too warm for some mummies...

Dadnmum, I also have excessive salivating problem. For my first and now second one. You are not alone . I cannot stand to keep the saliva in my mouth. Will feel nausea. I usually bring a plastic cup with me and keep spitting. Drinking water makes me vomit, I wonder why I still have so much saliva . I feel dehydrated , throat also pain from dryness. But still need to spit out.

Now I try drinking cold water and no caffeine soft drinks ... Drink one gulp in mouth, let it slowly flow in the throat. Try ans see if it helps you
happy.gif

I just know whatever symptoms pregnancy indicates, I have... Excessive salivation, excessive vomitting, heartburn, no appetite.... Now I cannot even stand to have food which use pepper for flavoring.

First one stop after first tri, now everyday crossing ..

I did my Oscar last week when baby is 12w1d. Although I was quite dry up. No water for hours... Keep vomitting but gynea scan easily and everything done in less than 5 mins. He mentioned something like neck is 1mm thick, so it's normal. After that blood test done, results out ... Low risk...

Btw, my best food so far is Chu Qian Yi Ding (original flavor ) with egg, off and in I go market will add vege and yong tau foo.

Only food I can finished up the whole bowl... Although not healthy but rather than no food intake at all.. Hungry will make me nausea and retched out liquid too.

Back