(2012/11) Nov 2012

Hi hamrachleia - nop. I didnt check the Hcg level. I dont have much cramping and pain. And my ms is getting lesser now. Though the sac is still pretty but it just didnt grow and no seed inside. It's just remain as week 6 size which we think it didnt make sense if my last menstrual was on Jan 30th. We think if we insist to keep it and if it turn out to be abnormal, it will suffer the child the rest of the life. Hence, we decided to remove it and strengthen my health to get a good seed.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
went to OSCAR scan yest at TMC, got to walk in cos no more appt & guess what, i walked in at 8.30am & waited for 6 hours!!! just too many ppl giving birth during the year of dragon...
but everything was worth it after we see the little bb, she kept moving her hands & legs as if she was swimming...so cute..my hubby teared when he saw it even though it was our #2 already..hehe
the OSCAR scan cost 318bux in TMC

Woohoo, just spent some time reading through 3 pages of archive! The thread is indeed moving fast :p

Elated, can help to add in my details too
happy.gif

gynae: Dr Heng
hospital: Parkway East
EDD: 9 Nov 2012
# 2

Going for my OSCARS scan this Fri. Hoping everything is gg to be fine!

Chris: 318?!!!! omg. that's horrible. i'll have to do a walkin too on 4th may. sigh. so u just sat there and wait? did u go for breakfast, lunch, walk around?

Hi cindy,
yes, to be exact, its 318.85!
with the detailed scan for 5th mth, the package is $457 for both.
the person told me to go back at 11am after registration, then i went for breakfast n went back at 11am then waited until almost 3pm!
i kept going to the counter to check & they kept telling me they trying to slot in for those walk-ins..so keep asking me to drink water to keep my bladder full, say will be my turn soon, so my bladder was full from 11am till 3pm! worse part is they dont have no. system, so you can just sit there n wait for ur name to be called...

HI angelatmz - Don't worry, you will be fine. Get MC to rest if it's necessary. Stay with your baby, and be faith with him/her. You will definitely pass through the stage.
happy.gif

It could be i didnt take care well during the critical period, as i've been busy with my wedding and honeymoon during early stage of pregnancy in Mar.

I will continue taking the folic asid. Let's hope i get the "lucky one" like Cindy! :D

Hi all,
Want to check. Issit true that as long as there's no bleeding or spotting, the growth of the baby should be fine?

Am getting a little paranoid as I don't feel pregnant at all. Other than the soreness on the boobs, there's no sign of pregnancy for me.
Am worried that my work is causing "un-know" stress which is harming the little one.
My next visit is end of the month, 30th. Seems very long. Worried that it'll be too late if I detect it then.
I'm not on any "an tai" med as some of u posted.
Feeling paranoid!

chris: did u ask how many walk ins there were? if u went in at 830, u should be first on the walk in list right!! since they open at 830. OMG. i shudder to think of the wait time. AND so expensive!! so u paid 457 for the package? my gynae didn't tell me about the package, he just tell me to go Q for OSCARs. wah liewwww.... xiong man.

FL: i'm sure u will!!
happy.gif
have faith.
happy.gif

oli: yes! you're worrying unduly!! everthing is fine!! i'm also not on any an tai medicine other than folic acid.

Cindy, when i reached the clinic, its ard 8.35 like that n i was surprised to see like 30ppl already waiting at the registration! in the end i waited like 45min just to register my name & i heard the admin keep saying u dont have appt, so u have to wait..so i guess there are many walk-ins, didnt ask how many though
yes, paid 457 for the package cos my gynea circled both scan for me on the form.
dont worry too much, maybe cos mine is on monday, thats why so many ppl since all wanted to escape monday blues like me...
should bring ur iphone & ipad there, brought my iphone there n from 100% batt surfed till 0% & not my turn yet..terrible...

Hi all mummies, do rmber to take your supplements and vits
happy.gif

Stay positive and strong for our little beanies!

Sweetcute, I recalled that it is still okay to take tea and coffee; limited to 2 cups a day. I stay clear of them though; for now. No bubble teas for me, even.

sweetycute - it is good if you can avoid having it during the 1st trimester. Wait until your baby is stable, then you can have some of them. Dont take it so frequent.

<font color="0000ff">Leeen: Hahaha I tried to, but got craving hee. I limit to 1 small cup and I dont take daily.

FL: Yah mouth itchy leh...so tou tou (secretly) drink. I more disciplined when I had my #1 :p Next week will be end of 1st trimester
happy.gif
</font>

Chris: hahaha! At least your Wait is over. Faster book the detailed scan!! Learn from lesson. Sigh.
happy.gif
yup. Mine is fri... Possible also wait like mad since next day holiday and mon is holiday. So sigh. Maybe I change my mind go on Thurs. .. Maybe better!

I think due to pregnancy, my reaction for things are getting slower.. For eg, this morning I went to buy fruit juice. After that I tell the auntie I want some fruits. She say take yourself.. hmm it never occur that the door can be open for me to take.. keke.. after making payment. The auntie ask me if I need plastic bag.. I was hmmmm...hmm.. the auntie say I reaction too slow, ask me to decide and self service
sad.gif

Now I read the thread, I can hardly remember more than last 3 postings.. cham cham cham...

I wonder is it for those gynea under TMC that need to do walk in? My gynea never tell me anything, only ask me to see him next week to do OSCAR, nurse say to be at clinic before 4pm so that the despatch can collect the blood sample on that day.

Oli-Olive.. if you really feel not at ease, I do think you can call your gynea and make a earlier appointment. They will understand. Even for myself, when I call clinic to tell nurse I unwell, they will ask me if I want to come down on the same day.

Normally for most of the people, spotting is the first sign of any mc. We are all human beings. For all stages, its hard for us to know if baby is well or not, we can only depend on gynea who depends on the monitor / scannings.

Remember you are not alone
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Shirlynn: hee u are not alone leh. Had lunch with my colleagues at a restaurant earlier. We actually ordered our food and just a blink, I actually forgotten that we have ordered our food and asked my colleague if we wanna place our order. She looked at me *stunned* and said, I thought we just ordered! Then I said, yah hor! I forgot hahaha :p</font>

dashdot: u've got a mail!

FL: sorry to hear about that.. stay strong!

eunicechen: eunice, after 1st tri.. into 2nd tri.. appetite will come back??

chrisq: 6hours of waiting?! OMG!!!! i think i better be kiasu and go there early to wait on 27th.. moreover, it's a friday some more.. die.. wah.. wat no appt.. my last visit, i ask for appt.. the nurse told me no appt will be given to all for OSCAR testing.. only walk-in lor.. =S

amanpp, really 6 full hrs of waiting!! my gynae said the appt all full till may already, but i made appt for detailed scan in Jun.
there's many ppl going for OSCAR scan with appt leh...
last time my #1 wait less than 1 hr cos tiger mah..hehe
hope u dont have to wait so long like me...

Hi, anyone going to TMC and thinking of signing up for first born incentive programme? anyone has sign up for it? It is really beneficial? Thanks.

Hi all,

I am new, expecting my first one and now in my 9 weeks. My EDD is 19 Nov 2012.

It's tiring and making me sick most of the time.. hope everything will be smooth-sailing.

And it is nice to meet all of you
happy.gif

Priya: for first born incentive i didnt sign up during my # 1 but i regretted cos u will received 3 free childcaring books (which i find beneficial &amp; i bought for $45), i also lost on 10% discount for my hospital daily rate, 5% on oscar scan, 10% on prenatal class, &amp; some discount for parentcraft services &amp; products, all add up think more than e price of the membership...guess depends on the kinda of services u will be using. but the subsequent one, i didnt sign up for the SBI cos dont think will be going for all these services already...
dotty: i spent ard 30min inside the room scanning cos the bb didnt wanna face up, so the radiographer had a hard time taking the measurement, she said if the bb co-operate will be done in less than 5min..but guess the longer the better for us right? since we can see more of the bb
happy.gif

Hi all.. Mummies who are going into 12th week.. How is ur ms? I feel my ms decreasing.. Hope it can disappear..haha

I feel abit feverish.. Hope i am not getting sick..*pray hard*

ah..going for my oscar scan next week!anything to look out for?
i have been forgetting to take folic acid for the past 3 days!today finally remember..lol.

Hi Mummies,

My EDD is 20 Nov, this is my second.
I'm based in HK but will probably go back to deliver in NUH as the hospitals here are full already....

Hihi amp, can u email me the list as well? I PM last week but I think u miss out my MSG . :x

MTB, can I ask for tmc first baby incentives what does this cover? So far during my first visit to my Gynae at TMC, he didn't mention that to me.. Or we need to sign up on our own?

Hi all

Been away for a while... i actually took the risk to proceed on with my overseas F&amp;E vacation for 15 days and thank God everything has been smooth, just needed lots of sleep. Lol.
I had some funny bulging sensations on the left side of my tummy during some days of my trip, hope its not a bad sign.

I've also decided to do OSCAR this coming fri at TMC. Hopefully all will go well.

Dear elated, pls add me to the list
happy.gif

gynae: Dr Adelina Wong
Hospital: TMC
EDD: 01 Nov 2012 (pushed forward)
no. #1

Hi yanyan1211, I did not really suffer much MS and im 12 weeks tmr. But i suspect it may hit me in 2nd trimester like some do.
sad.gif

hi yanyan, im going onto my 11th week already.. didnt have ms actually.. but now seems to be getting worse and feel nausea most of the time...=(

queen kay: we seem to be the same! =(

Hi YJZL! I was actually quite worried about not having MS but other mummies assured its normal. But recently ive been losing appetite instead and always want to drink sour soups.

hi yanyan, going into my 12th week but i didnt have any ms during the 1st tri, just happy that im free from the injection! iron pills here i come again...sigh

YJZL, some do not have ms throughout the whole prengancy..im one example =) so dun worry too much...

oreodinary, hospitals already full????

piggiedearz: you can go to the parentcraft centre at TMC to apply or when you register for the OSCAR scan, they will ask you as well cos u will be entitled to 5% discount
Liangmin: u can get the brochures from the TMC or search on the net. i know for sure they will give u 3 books written by a popular lactation consultant in TMC - e content is very localise so i find it very useful, esp for the breastfeeding book. also there are some discounts here n there n also free 6mth insurance for the bb

<font color="0000ff">Hi Wendy, welcome to the group :p Mummies here have all differing experience so it's quite interesting to know how each of us is feeling
happy.gif

Queen: I will be 12th week this Fri hee. But our edd is so far apart :p Mine is 9th Nov.

Oreodinary: Ohh is it because it's all taken up by the PRCs? Heard in the news that they like to go HK hospital to give birth leh

Yanyan: I got a bit of MS but still manageable. I tink as long as bb is healthy, I am okie to suffer :p</font>

Just puked
sad.gif
... After tong for so long.. MS getting to me.

Week 7 only...

Can anyone share their remedies? Help pls!

Liangmin: I nv miss ur msg wor.. But I nv recd ur pm.. Thus, duno where to send to..
happy.gif

Leeen: try some sweets.. I go for lemon favored.. That's work for me..
happy.gif

Amanpp: I pm u my email address! Thank u so much! Hope it works cos I use iPhone login.. Didn't know it didn't reach you..everyday I waiting to get a reply from u... Hahahahah..

Dear ladies... sorry to be away for so long! Just back from Taiwan trip a few weeks back and thankfully other than tiredness and bloatedness, everythg was ok. I am 10 weeks now but thank goodness no MS. sometimes if not for the bloated tummy and the heartbeat I saw in my last scan, I would have thot that I am imagining my pregnancy.

Dear elated, pls kindly update my details as I have fially decided to have my BB at TMC and edd is 16Nov according to Dr Adrian Woodworth.

Cun wait for my Oscar test on 11May. Hope BB ok. Cos I am not exactly very young so a little worried. 1st bb, dunno wat to expect too. But I am planning to take up the FBI cos of the discounts. seem quite worth it.

I recently purchased a rental package from maternity exchange at Marina Square. Their work wear looks ok and cost less x than buying maternity wear.. so why not? Their service is good too.

Sigh.. I used to dance alot, take dance classes eg hip hop, st jazz etc so often before I am preggy, now my hubby and mum dissuade me rom dancing. I am feeling so deprived from lack of exercise and worry that I will put on too much weight.. Planning to look for prenatal yoga or pilates classes.. anyone has any good recommenation?

Charmaine, sweetycute : yes mainlanders taking up space in the hospitals. Here you have to book a place in the hospital asap. Was rejected by the hospital cos they are already fully booked. At least Sg hospitals don't reject pregnant women and they are way cheaper anyway...... Appreciate our health care system back home more now!

FINALLY had my first gynae appt today, after waiting 3 weeks! :p Turns out I am only at 9wks even though my LMP was in early Feb, think my cycle is long or something like that. EDD has been shifted to 22 Nov.

Agnes:
I like the clothes in Maternity Exchange, the package is quite decent if you will wear them often. You should try to exercise as usual as long as there is no risk of falling. I didn't do yoga but I swam laps all the way till 8mths preg for my first pregnancy. It really helped with the back pain in the last trimester.

Thanks sweetycute for the welcome!

Hi Anges, I used to exercise a lot before pregnancy and I am too looking for prenatal or pilates classes to attend. I undertand the need to be active.. Would you be keen to go together?
happy.gif

Cheers

Hii ladies!! mornning!! hi wendy!
happy.gif

wanted to ask you girls if possible to share your gynae packages? I'm still torn between choosing my ex gynae who runs without a package, just go for the visit and pay each time i go, or to try a different gynae with a package. sigh.

chrisq: thks for the info
now i am considering transferring from TMC to KKH, since KKH is nearer to my home. initially went to TMC cos i was seeking advice for infertility for some time. In particular, i am thinking of going to DR goh shen li at KKH. Anyone who has experience with her?

Back