(2012/10) Oct 2012

anyone got recommendation for any master to count the dates for csect?? i will go for csect this time since my 1st 1 i also end up emergency csect..

May>> My gynae also mentioned tat! Next Mon is my appt, hopefully any weight gain, which I think I gained a lot, is not gg to be shown on bb's tummy. =x

May: To cut down sugar intake, U have to change from white rice to brown rice. And u have to cut down on fruit too. example: for grape, u can only take four. No durian, mango or any high sugar fruits.
U can get the list of food items from your gynae.
Oh ya, u can do some light walking after meal or go for aqua aerobics.

re : weight gained too fast

my #1 i gained a lot of weight..25kg..haha..my gyane mentioned the same thing as well..really must control what u eat.. now i am trying very hard to control my weight.. so far 10kg.. keeping fingers crossed that i can keep it low..

May, My urine test for every visit is also ok. But my dad got diabetes, so due to family history, my gynae still send me for the glucose test. Hee.. my gynae is well-known for zero-risk, so we just go along with his advise. He didnt mention anything about bb's stomach to us. But knowing his pattern, we know he will only highlight issue that he think is important to patients as he wants his patients to enjoy their pregnancy and not worry about every little small things. His pattern suit our style, cause we are not those who will ask alot of things. Most of the time, I just asked him if everything is in the normal range such as bb's weight, size etc.. he will assured yes, all good and well. And we rest our hearts.

Bizznow: Welcome
happy.gif

Re: Weight gain. I'm oso dreading to find out how much weight I've put on since my last visit. Will be seeing my gynae this Sat.

<font color="0000ff">Bizznow:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Welcome!!!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Juliana:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Actually I did wana sign up for the aqua aerobic.. Last Sat after gynae visit I went to 2 swimming complex near my place to find out the course schedule. After get the brochures.. Otw home dan rem chinese 7th mth coming.. Can't go swimming.. Sign up lao. Only able to attend 2 or 3 lessons.. Very lugi.. So drop the idea..
As for fruits.. I like longans.. I din eat durians often.. Maybe once a mth nia!! Is this too much?</font>

<font color="0000ff">raspy:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ic.. Since got family history better play safe..</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Since conceived to wk16, I have been loosing wt.. Abt 3-4 kg.. Start to gain back 2kg during wk20 visit.. Dan last Sat visit @ wk24 gain another 2kg+. Thgt was ok.. Dan turn out to be like tt.. Now scare next visit I gain another 2kg.. N bb's stomach still growing too fast.. Sad!!
sad.gif
</font>

May: Hmm actually there nothing to worry abt. u should be a happy mom instead of a worried mom.
Just remind yourself that try to go for more dish than rice. If u take bread, go for whole meal ones. As for longans, think is high in sugar level. Therefore, only can take three to four just like grape. And of cos, u shouldnt eat the cans type. And also drink more water instead of soft drink. Limited yourself on one can per day. and ice cream too. Limited yourself to once a week.

Since u patang, then no choice. Better don anyhow waste $$$. Once the little ones is out, there plenty of chance to drain your $$$ away.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Juliana:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Was glad that I dun hv sugar level problems.. Dan now sugar makes my bb tummy fat.. Haiz.. I dun take longans and ice cream often.. Maybe once a week or more.. As for can drinks I normally will share with my hubby.. If he nt ard dan I will try to take just half.. Lucky I no cravings.. If not it will be super torturing..

Ya.. Thats wat I was thinking.. Better not spend the $$ and only able to attend tt few lessons..</font>

My little one is on the heavy side too, already 850g at week24. Gynae also mention about the tummy fat but told me it's okie if I wanted Csect.

May,
Your weight gain sounds reasonable to me. From a quick calculation, does it means that you only gain 2kg+ for the 1st 24 weeks?

I have been drinking alot of tea (which I know I shouldnt) and I cant help myself. I especially love cold sugarless tea like Oolong tea, Green tea etc. I know we are not suppose to drink too much tea coz it contains caffeine which inhibits the growth of our baby, resulting in low-weight baby. Any other side effect that I should be aware of other than low-weight baby.

<font color="0000ff">Meredith:</font> <font color="aa00aa">If you are considering fm my wt before Peggy. I only gain abt 2kg..
If you are considering the wt gain after 1st trim.. Fm wk 16-24 I gain 4kg+..</font>

May: Don't worry too much. Just try not to take supper at night. Then again, I seem to get a lot of cravings at night too. Sigh. My gynae said try not to gain more than 2 kg in a month si that's what I will aim for.

Baby Jo: The cost of aminocentsis depends on the day of procedure. If everything went smoothly, the cost will be lower. Also, it depends on the gynae fee. The clinic would only give you an estimate on the fee and would be on a higher side.
When i called TMC previously for the cost of amnio test, they told me 1500 to 1700.
But, on the very day, as the whole procedure went smoothly, i paid slightly less than 1200.

Hope this helps.

May: Hi Five!!!!

Me too.. at my week 24, net gain is 2kg. overall from week 16 is 4kg.
But because I am an overweight person before preggie, I still try to control the type of food I eat.
for my bb size, my gynae said that my baby size is just nice. not too big nor small.
However, the past two weeks, my bump grow at a very fast speed. Someone asking me if i'm going to give birth soon. ah....
Still have two more weeks to my next gynae visit.

baby Jo, some who has higher risk for oscar go for scan at camden medical centre instead of Amniocentesis. It's safer and cheaper (300+) and can do earlier.

<font color="0000ff">Ming:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I seldom take supper leh.. Mostly will only hv half glass of hi Cal low sugar soya bean milk / enfamama milk.. If really hungry will share snack or noodles with my hubby.. Now hope to aim to gain less dan 2kg fm now to my next visit..</font>

<font color="0000ff">Keiko:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I am oso consider on the overweight person before preggy.. Just tt I lost wt during 1st trim.. My coll thgt I sick or on diet.. After MS gone in ard wk 14 dan i start to eat more n gain the wt back..</font>

Hvnt come here for some time...

May n SnU: I also just had my wk24 chk up last wk. I put on 3kg+ n my baby is bigger than avg at 743g n his tummy is v big at 95th percentile. But nothing wrong with my urine dip. My doc asked me to ctrl my diet ie less carbs n sugars. I'm asked to do glucose test at my next appt. Now I try to restrict to 3 main meals. No durians, crisps n sugary stuff, feeling miserable, hb feels sorry for me too n tried to trade me 2 durians for dinner n offered an ice cream cone last nite but I resisted -_-" baby seems to be v active since chk up kicking every other hour...

<font color="0077aa">May</font>

My baby was 742g at 24 weeks. Dr Chua never say my baby is fat leh hahah. She was actually ok, until I asked her about my weight gain of 3Kg! Hahah

<font color="0077aa">Esther</font>
743g is bigger than average??

I'm really surprised! Haha, cos my gynae just ask me to control, she din say my baby is too big. :p

Hi all - silly question I hv - can we go into d swimming pool with 2 piece swimming outfit , exposing our belly button ? Can suntan , swim leisurely ??

Btil: Of course we can... I've seen some pregnant ladies wearing bikini somemore. I'm not so courageous, I opted for tankini
happy.gif

I was 48kg pre-pregnancy, now I'm 58kg. Last week, my gynae said 10kg total weight gain was a bit too fast at week 24. My baby was 800g at week 24 scan. I've decided to try to replace white with brown bread &amp; rice. I've stopped eating McDonald's now too. No more French fries.

<font color="0000ff">Esther:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Me same as u.. My bb is abt 700g..Size and wt gynae say ok.. Only say bb tummy bigger than it shd be.. I duno bigger by how much thou.. Ask me to ctrl my diet for my wt gain and less sugar intake so as bb’s tummy will not grow too big.. There is nothing wrong with my urine dip too.. She oso nvr mention to me to tt I need to take the glucose test as well.. Think mine is still not tt serious bah.. But still feeling as miserable as u..</font>

<font color="0000ff">reineluv:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Since we seeing the same gynae.. If Dr Chua no say anythg abt bb.. Means bb growing proportionally and healthy lo.. Except yr wt gain too fast bah.. Mine she was telling me if bb tummy cont to grow bigger dan other parts. Scare natural delivery head come out but tummy stuck.. Can’t come out nor go back in.. Tt will be e worse scenario n risky.. Will have to opt for csec instead.. Just hope tt bb will be more proportion during next visit..</font>

May, actually I think I'm more sim Tia (miserable) that my baby's tummy so big cos of my lack of discipline, I just thot of enjoying n losing aft delivery... Yes, I think not so serious just need to ctrl for the time being. During my wk 12, my doc also commented baby slightly bigger but by wk 20, he was at 50th percentile. Now only wk 24, hope glucose test fine n with more discipline, baby will b in better shape in T3

<font color="0000ff">Esther:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ya.. Both of us lack of discipline.. During my wk 20 detail.. Doc already mention that bb is slide bigger than avg.. But she no say anythg.. Say every norm and bb healthy.. And I start to take more sweet stuffs like birds nest, durians(Only once), can drinks, etc.. Now feeling guilty and better control abit.. </font>

<font color="0077aa">May &amp; Esther</font>
For me, I know everything is going on track, except that the legs are longer than average. So the abdominal circumference should not be bigger? My 28 week appt is next week! Hopefully everything is still on track!

<font color="0000ff">reineluv:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Oh.. The legs are longer than avg.. BB is gona be a tall gal..
happy.gif
</font>

FionnL: Welcome!! Pls provide me with ur full FB name for easier search. And pls adjust ur FB privacy settings to allow public search and allow ppl to send u friend request
happy.gif

Hello! I too feel that my bump has grown at an astonishing rate over the last month. Ate 3 seeds of durian fruit last night and this morning the scale shows my weight is up by 500g! That's quite scary. No more durians and desserts for the week...I have put on about 7 kg so far and am now in week 26. Was hoping to gain less but I seem to feel hubgry all the time.

hi may
9kg

from around 46 to 55

buts its ok la
i dun find her fatter at all
she's enjoying the process, the eating, the tummy.

if not for the doc's words, we will be happier.

<font color="0000ff">SnU:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I agreed!!!! My hubby was telling me thgt gain 2kg was ok leh.. Until the words fm my gynae's mouth was like errr....</font>

May, maybe it's wrt to your size? petite? cuz i'm quite short at 1.58m, my gynae told me to slow down when i put on almost 3kg in 4 weeks during #1's time in T2.

My experience with pregnancy milk is ok, din make me gain too much. I was surprised even the chocolates and mangoes hubby got from biz trip din have much effect on me either :p

but then i eat at home now much more than during #1's time, when i was working, maybe that's why...

<font color="0000ff">Skinney:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I am shorter than you by abit.. ard 1.55m.. Maybe tt's y my gynae ask me slow dwn lo.. I eat out most daily.. No home cooked food for me
sad.gif
</font>

May, think i have the same diet as u, durians and bird's nest in T2, and no healthy home cooked food (dinner has been pretty much takeaway or frozen food like pizza and prata except weekend I will cook or eat at my mom's place). Besides refraining from durians and soft drinks for the time being, I'm trying to eat fish soup noodle/ yong tau foo for lunch and planning to eat healthier for dinner, cook plain porridge/ steam sweet potato/ eat cereal for dinner, try out for 2 weeks
happy.gif

Zonkkie: Pls provide me with ur full FB name, thanks
happy.gif

Endless612: Pls provide me with ur full FB name as well, thanks
happy.gif

Mummies, if I've missed out anyone's request to join our FB group, pls let me know
happy.gif

Oceanicgal: Welcome!! Okie, I've requested Novembaby (Selena) to add u. Pls adjust ur FB privacy settings to allow public search and oso allow ppl to send friend request to u.

Selena will first send a friend request to u, pls accept it when she does. Thereafter, she'll send an invitation to u to join our FB Oct group, pls approve her invitation then
happy.gif

esther and May, from wat u gals described, the only difference my diet from you gals when i had #1 was soft drinks... cuz i usually drink water with my meals, no soft drinks except for the ocassional one
happy.gif

maybe can cut down on that see if it helps?

Back