(2012/10) Oct 2012

hi amy,

as a first time dad to be,
if you ask me,

i think you need to tell your husband to be more "serious"

what learn from internet ?
(is he even learning in the 1st place, or just say it as an excuse to save time and $ )

Ya only for #1..haha..that's why #1 is always the doted one..whahah

anyway Mrs Wong also said if wife dont want epidural..hub must help wife to keep massage her back until the pain is gone..

hub keeps insisting dont want give me epidural..said got side effect..and he didnt even help me to massage..haha..end up last 4hrs then i took..

contractions very painful eh..breathing also didnt help..epidural helps..whahahahaahha

actually did learn alot of things frm Mrs Wong class..she's more modern type..

at least u wont follow blindly ur parents or in laws taking care of the bb..kekekeke..

wha..their nonsense never ending..

Amy i also scare of child birth..never thought that bb can come out frm such a small vagina hole...whahahahahahaha...but within 10-15mins of pushing..bb is out..whahahah...

BBKay, my hubby wanted to help me massage leg when the nurses asked him to but i told him to get away from me!!! i super hate massages! but managed to still do it without epi
happy.gif

BBKay3105: my husband was opp leh! He wanted and was the one who suggest we shld join such class. We signed up for Mrs. Wong's class for #1 and we both feel that we benefit from it. Especially during labour, my husband helps control my breathing and knows when to give and remove the "laughing gas".

Ming - Thks on ur take abt banyan vs angsana . Is langkawi worth d flight to take , vs bintan ? Hubby is worried abt d air pressure from d flight ..

On prenatal classes - Hubby n I discussed and agreed we will benefit from it since we are first time parents . I feel it's gd to hv a honest conversation abt how both of us can prepare n overcome our anxiety. Hubby is attentive in class so far :)

Amy: Thanks. I've requested Novembaby (Selena) to add u to our FB Oct group. She will send a friend request to u once she locates u on FB, pls accept her friend request then. After that, she'll send an invitation to u to join our FB group, pls accept her invitation then too
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Re: Babymoon. I just came back from Genting Malaysia wif hubby and my 3 boys tonight. Now feeling so hot after enjoying the cool weather for the past few days. I think it's good to go for a short trip b4 delivery cos can oso bring us and hubby closer together, rather than always focus on work and pregnancy only. Oso good to spend some time "playing" wif our older kids, b4 the little baby arrives, to let them know they're impt to us too.
When I was preggy wif #3, we flew to HK and Taipei for a Babymoon with our 2 older boys too. But this time round, we only went to Genting to save money
happy.gif

Good Morning Mummies!

Welcome back serene!

So sleepy today... Slept from 10pm and still feeling so tired. any mummies also like me?

<font color="0000ff">Serene:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Welcome back!!</font>

<font color="0000ff">raspy:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I slept ard midnite.. Cos I always hv problem slping.. Morning feeling v sleepy too.. Haha.. </font>

SnU>> I think it's not tat he's nt serious, but coz he feel got his aunt to give us pointers on handling baby as she has 2 grandchildren, and also he been asking his frenz who are dads. =) Info from internet, more like I find and he read only. Haha...

BBKay>> Wah, yr birth experience seems so fast! Way to go!

skinneybeenie, Baby>> Pei fu those mums who gave birth without epidural! I dun even dare think so far yet.. =p

serenelm>> Welcome back! And thanx for yr help. =) I miss the weather in Genting... Will be so shiok to be there now.

Btil: I don't know how you fare on ships but I found that the Bintan ferry made me feel sick (waters were pretty rough when I went last year and I wasn't even pregnant then!) So I definitely prefer to fly. The flight to Langkawi is pretty short as well (1.5 hours) so should be alright. Silkair allows pregnant women to fly till 35 weeks with doctors' certification.

SNU: I have dropped you an email. Sorry for the delay. Agree with your views about how daddies need to be involved as well. My hubby read the "What to expect when you are expecting" book when we had no. 1. Daddies can also sign up for the baby centre weekly newsletters for more useful information.

Confinement food: I have heard good things about Natal Essentials but no personal experience with them.

Btil> some mummies in my #1 thread shared with me that Banyan Tree Bintan is quite old, and should consider Banyan Tree Bali instead. Initially I was considering Bintan Club Med/Banyan Tree then finally decided to go Bali.

Thanks Baby Jo. Most ppl recommend Natal Essentials as I also polled the audience from Mar - Jun threads, esp those who have popped recently.

I ordered ConfinementFood.com last yr for my #1. The portion can feed a family of 4 i think. lol... they sometimes come at 10am for lunch and 5pm for dinner. Not consistent with delivery times.

Also thinking if I should get day-care CL just to cook.

hi Ming,

thanks, i got your email,

really appreciate.
(more invoices = less reason for wife to spend to reach $350 to become member)

Hi may,
no hard feelings....
i shouldn't be making judegement about the seriousness. I am sure your hubby has the best interest for every1.
(although i heard my fair share of non-performing hubby from my close friends)

so looking forward to the Wong BB class.
on 17th, which i believe JIA also sign up for the same session.

my greatest fear is to carry my precious soft-like-jelly-being.

Hello mummies!! Been very busy lately! Sigh my contractions is reactin again. I went for a jab last night. Hopefully it works. .

Serene: yeah. i also plan for post photoshoot. Think pre-natal abit waste $ leh. . hehee..

Serene: ask u ar. when u preg with #2, did your #1 behaviour changed? My girl suddenly seems to be so clingy to me. She is so so cranky since last week. I was so scare that i tot i may due soon maybe her sudden behaviour change? They always said that children have such 'feeling' when ure closer to labour? Sigh.. luckily my cervix still closed when i went for scan last night.

SnU>> No worries. =) My hubby has already volunteered for night shift for feeding when our lil one is out. LOL.. But I guess I have to wake him up coz he sleeps like a log! I also know of non-perfoming dads among my frenz.

So happy tat it is finally Thurs! Counting down to weekends and nt having to suffer the unbearable smells in office. But, yest thanks to my colleague, I found a temp relief - feng you (oilment)! I rather be "high" on tat then the horrible smells. Wahaha..

Namie: my friend also recommend Natal Essentials. But week 1 and 3, week 2 and 4 menu are the same.
Anyway want order tingkat, can't be choosy lah!

I will be ordering their trial to try out their food.
U?

<font color="0000ff">SnU:</font> <font color="aa00aa">I knw my hubby he has the best interest for every1. Just tt I just hope tt he will be more auto to do stuffs somex.. And need not make me always ask n ask before he move his butt.. I asked when he wana take the course for many x too.. Choosing of names too.. Just feel sianz lo.. </font>

Idealistic: Novembaby (Selena) is still unable to add u to our FB Oct group. Can you pls check your FB privacy settings to allow public search and oso allow ppl to send friends request to u?
happy.gif

Thanks mummies, for ur welcome back
happy.gif

Amy: You're welcome
happy.gif

Sharon: Yes, I find that my #3 has been more clingy too, keep asking to be carried. Luckily he's now more amenable to his daddy carrying him. Previously he only preferred me to carry him. The same oso happened during my previous pregnancies. Guess they can tell something's abt to change and they're insecure. So we just hv to be more patient wif them
happy.gif

May: Some daddies are more proactive while others are more "reactive" (I.e. one command, one action type). But anyway, better to "train" our hubbies to help out when babies arrive (no matter how clumsy or inexperienced they may be). I've seen some of my friends handling every single little thing concerning their baby simply cos the hubby kept saying he got no confidence to handle fragile infant. End up the baby wasn't as close to the daddy and the daddy oso became more hands-off as time went by. It's oso very tiring for the mummy to do everything by herself, esp if she's a FTWM. But of course, we do it subtly, as in requesting him nicely to help and praising him when he does things for us, so that he doesn't feel as if he's being ordered abt, heehee :p

Thanks for the info abt the Baby Expo too, I'll probably pop by if I've time
happy.gif

Any mummies here know where to get ready made Hong Zao Rice Wine (红糟米酒)? I'm now preparing my own confinement menu... Really love the taste of the above. Thinking of getting it ready.

Thanks in advance!

<font color="0000ff">Serene:</font> <font color="aa00aa">Ya.. I will wan him to have hands on wif bb lo..Think my hubby will.. just tt he will be scare initial.. haha..</font>

May: Guess most new daddies will be scared. But it's definitely less scary than handling other ppl's infants cos it's after all ur own baby. No one can scold u if u make any mistakes
happy.gif

May, dun worry.. guys tend not to be auto during preg. but not auto during preg doesnt mean not auto after baby arrives. i cant find much fault with my hubby's involvement with #1, except when they play too much, sometimes he can forget to give him water or feed him (since my #1 is not a glutton). but chg diapers and wake up to check on him when he was sick, he was very auto.
happy.gif
he also is in charge of cooking for us and cleaning up #1 in weekend when i am almost 100% hands off (but i tend to be the one to feed him when we're home. when we're out, hubby will feed him). basically can do everything i do with/for #1 except breastfeeding him and keeping to the clock for routine haha... even if he become sahd, i am sure #1 is in very good hands.

my confinement kinda settled! hubby can get leave for 2 weeks, then on off will be on more flexi work arrangement for a while. hope it doesnt chg. i think its gd he handles #1 tog w me when i am on confinement as they are quite close too. then #1 wun feel rejected.

my #1 din really become more clingy during preg tho. still the same, indept self since startign sch this yr. seldom wants to be carried unless he is totally exhausted.

May, Don't worry. Both my hb and I never carry newborn before and we don't like (infact never once) to carry others' babies cause we are fearful of 'injuring' them when they are soft. But when it come to our own, its like natural instinct, we want to carry them. And at the hospital, the nurse will wrap our babies nicely before passing over to us. I remember that time during my #1, my hb also just carried my girl instantly like that.
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">Thanks everyone.. Think my hubby will hv hands on la.. Think at nite abit difficult.. Cos thunder storm my hubby oso wnt wake up.. Dun need say bb cry.. lol.. I rem got once in my 1st trim.. I can't slp.. I poke him to wake him up as the next day not a work day.. He wake up hold my hand put aside n con't to slp lo.. Next morning I ask him abt it he can't rem at all.. Haha</font>

May
Don't worry. Things changes when there's a baby. My hb also mah. ThE dog can climb on his face and he still continue sleeping but once my boy was born he will auto wake up and check on him at night

Namie: My husband very particular abt cleaniness as he can't stand the sight of ants. So to minimise cooking and cleaning, I will rather go for tingkat.

Don't want to add on more stress and task to myself. Have 2 kids to take care.

Stretchmarks Cream/Lotion
What are your using to prevent stretchmarks?
For #1, I am using Mothercare but no used leh! Still have.
For #2, tried Palmer's, bad rash and itch. Happened for #1 too. So now I switch to Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil, still can see the marks.

Anyone has better recommendation?
Anyone using Bio Oil or Clarins Stretch Mark Control?

BabyJo u wana try emu oil nw selling at SMH for stretch marks? can add as bb nappy rash cream also..

till nw i havent apply eh..but #1 i applied..isit becoz i still havent slim dwn..got alot of excess fats..i dont feel any stretching in me..and the navel dark line also..haha

for confinement food..more or less the menus are the same right..i wont take care Natal Essential ah..i will try others..keke..give them a chance..

for Natal Essentials..i rem some dishes like no meat eh..like Pig Trotters..full of fats..and spare ribs..i like their Fried Rice the best..soup very nice also..

By the way, ladies, Metro has 20% sale this weekend. Can go stock up on Clarins le, oso can check on baby products. Happy shopping!!
happy.gif

May: Just sign your hubby up for the class with you - the class will be full of husbands attending with their wives so he definitely will not feel like the odd one out or something like that.

Robinsons also having 20% off this weekend with an additional 5% rebate for cardmembers

Back